• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
I'm not giving up the Amour, I will support it till the end, and Capo I hope that you are right about the ship, sincerely and hopefully...

Iane, I ain't as optimistic as Cap Omegaz, but I try my best to rouse you people up! 6 episodes left guys!

Theory time! The fact that there are 6 episodes left may mean that Serena might come back after realizing being with Ash makes her whole!

I'm just trying pretty hard to not completely roll over and pretend that everything may be alright because the ship is currently leaning at a very precarious angle. Just a slight breath of wind could topple it over, but just a slight breath of wind on the other side might save us all.

pakimon

I think Serena will be leaving for now, but she'll likely make a cameo about a year into Sun/Moon. Maybe they'll have her stay and not leave again after her cameo is up.

Actually I'm a fan of the theory that S&M is a shorter series(I mean, there is no gyms and league, we have to see how the Kahuna thing is handled). That it's a period of learning, Ash to be a complete trainer and learn new stuff, and Serena to

be the best performer she can be. Maybe that is why they go separate ways but get back together in the end.

TheArchosaurian

Amour Composer
I was out shopping now,and found a couple anime shops, and I saw Yokai-Watch.
Since it apparently can indirectly decide the fate of amour, I'm confused, what's the big deal about it?
I just need a bit on enlightenment to fully understand.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Since it apparently can indirectly decide the fate of amour, I'm confused, what's the big deal about it?

Kids are watching less Pokemon and more Yo Kai Watch, especially in Japan. So they're trying to reinvent things in a desperate saving throw.

Yokai watch is singlehandedly beating Pokemon at it's own game in Japan...of course they seem to only care about kids, and kids only in Japan. The Yokai Watch anime was a complete failure in all countries except Japan, and of course they only care about Japan...

Red Pheonix

Status check everyone. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? What that means do you expect a proper closure to the shop? What are the reasons to believe your belief?

And what was your belief before the title leak? What made you change?

Last edited:

TheArchosaurian

Amour Composer
Kids are watching less Pokemon and more Yo Kai Watch, especially in Japan. So they're trying to reinvent things in a desperate saving throw.

Ah, thanks for clarifying... but if they want to save themselves, just have Ash a 14-15 year old, make the show a bit more mature, keep Serena, and have a plot other than 'new region, try league, fail, next reagion, repeat'

I saw the trailer for Pokemon Generation and that somehow topped most of the main series imo..

SoarStaraptor

Do you people think Serena will get some kind of goodbye song like with what Misty had before she departed? Cue the everything Ash-Serena slideshow.

Status check everyone. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? What that means do you expect a proper closure to the shop? What are the reasons to believe your belief?

Hey! That's my thing lol...

Like I said I am more realistic these days...

TheArchosaurian

Amour Composer

Still barely hanging by optimism, although less than 24 hours ago, all of your guys arguments and the slow sinking of the pokemon reality probably changed me, but, I still have some hope...

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive

I'm in between. A mix of optimistic and realistic so to speak.

To me, I know we'll get closure in XYZ how it'll be handled is different. I also believe that she'll continue on but right now there's also the idea that between status quo and executive meddling that she won't.

I'll continue to hope she continues on but even if she only gets a cameo in Alola I'll be fine as long as the ship is handled well.

By that, I mean I don't want her to battle Ash and realize that he's so set on his dream that he doesn't see her as anything more than a friend and then she moves on from her crush. That would scream executive meddling to me and I would be so upset.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Do you people think Serena will get some kind of goodbye song like with what Misty had before she departed? Cue the everything Ash-Serena slideshow.

May had that too. Together We Make A Promise still makes me cry inside. I hope they give Serena a sendoff song, though honestly, I'd rather just have an undeniable moment. Ideally a hug and some tears and Shauna can come back randomly so why can't Miette?

Heekful

It's just a war on Twitter etc every one is losing hope... Sad day , I don't know how are we going to handle it during 3 weeks this is crazy.
I don't know why the writers did that or never noticed how much Serena is loved by a huge fanbase , the writer tweet is not about Serena imo , it is just a drawing of 7G female.

It's just a war on Twitter etc every one is losing hope... Sad day , I don't know how are we going to handle it during 3 weeks this is crazy.
I don't know why the writers did that or never noticed how much Serena is loved by a huge fanbase , the writer tweet is not about Serena imo , it is just a drawing of 7G female.

Like I said, being depressed is BAD FOR HEALTH, not only that Serena is an anime character! There is no need to blow up Twitter!

Just ship Amour more realistically...

TheArchosaurian

Amour Composer

Ya, that was NOT serena...
And I'm telling you, a storm of apocalyptic measures comes our way, there's the chance it'll change direction, but I'd brace yourself anyways..
Well be fine guys. We are the face of amourshippers, we shall stand United and if we must fall at the end of XYZ we will go down with our chins up knowing that our Serena still loves Ash and will never change :D

volcanionmaster123

Something just popped in my mind. Imagine if Serena does leave in XYZ45 but before the last episode of XYZ there actually is a timeskip where it shows Satoshi flying back to Kalos and meets Serena again. She'll probably ask him about his adventures while he was gone, and plot twist, he talks about his entire SM adventure in a long flashback (that stretches 3 years obviously lol) and it starts with his flight back to Pallet Town.

Probably not gonna happen but if this magically comes true, it'll be the biggest troll the writers have ever pulled, which could explain why his companions are presumably leaving so early

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Something just popped in my mind. Imagine if Serena does leave in XYZ45 but before the last episode of XYZ there actually is a timeskip where it shows Satoshi flying back to Kalos and meets Serena again. She'll probably ask him about his adventures while he was gone, and plot twist, he talks about his entire SM adventure in a long flashback (that stretches 3 years obviously lol) and it starts with his flight back to Pallet Town.

Probably not gonna happen but if this magically comes true, it'll be the biggest troll the writers have ever pulled, which could explain why his companions are presumably leaving so early

Yeah, I had a similar theory a few pages back. Doubtful but it would be cool.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
I'm just trying pretty hard to not completely roll over and pretend that everything may be alright because the ship is currently leaning at a very precarious angle. Just a slight breath of wind could topple it over, but just a slight breath of wind on the other side might save us all.

Do you think I'm pretending that everything is alright? Because that's not how I do things. There have been plenty of times where I thought it was done, but things said here convinced me it wasn't. Those things still apply here. Sure, we're in a position where the future hangs in a place where it could go either way, but this happens all the time. Most of the time, it will go the right way. So support it to end and be optimistic. If it doesn't end up how we wanted, well then at least we gave it our all.

Actually I'm a fan of the theory that S&M is a shorter series(I mean, there is no gyms and league, we have to see how the Kahuna thing is handled). That it's a period of learning, Ash to be a complete trainer and learn new stuff, and Serena to be the best performer she can be. Maybe that is why they go separate ways but get back together in the end.

They could do that except that they've got games to promote. I don't know, the Kalos continuity could set up a return there. Maybe Serena joining up later serves as Ash's return?

I'm just as optimistic as always. We already knew there was going to be a title like this. The fact that it could easily go either way gives me hope. Even if Serena leaves now, I fairly confident that she will return (and not just in a cameo).

Funny because besides the Verlisify shenanigans, I've seen a lot of optimism. Of course, I've seen people question things too, but I think most are like me and aren't ready to throw in the towel just yet.

Last edited:

Hmm...could be, what I'm wondering is why no one is talking about the fact that after Serena leaves, there will be 3 more episodes left! This could mean that she comes back after realizing that she can't live without Ash!

Red Pheonix

Hey! That's my thing lol...

Like I said I am more realistic these days...

Please, stop with the "realistic" thing. Be more clear.

And you didn't say how you were feeling before the title leak? And what exactly are you feeling "realistic" about? The conclusion?

Still barely hanging by optimism, although less than 24 hours ago, all of your guys arguments and the slow sinking of the pokemon reality probably changed me, but, I still have some hope...

I was sad sure, but my opinions didn't change much. Exactly about what are you feeling losing hope?

I'm in between. A mix of optimistic and realistic so to speak.

To me, I know we'll get closure in XYZ how it'll be handled is different. I also believe that she'll continue on but right now there's also the idea that between status quo and executive meddling that she won't.

I'll continue to hope she continues on but even if she only gets a cameo in Alola I'll be fine as long as the ship is handled well.

By that, I mean I don't want her to battle Ash and realize that he's so set on his dream that he doesn't see her as anything more than a friend and then she moves on from her crush. That would scream executive meddling to me and I would be so upset.

What are your opinions on the closure?

Status
Not open for further replies.