• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
There is a couple of things I find interesting about the summary for Serena's episode. We all know there is a somewhat strong possibility this is the episode of her -temporary?- farewell. I know it's just a summary but 1. It doesn't mention
Palermo at all, and we know Serena is going to call her once she is satisfied with her journey, so if Palermo is not mentioned at all on the episode, it's a point towards Serena appearing later. 2. We know Kalos Queen is one of Serena's dreams but this summary explicitly states that Serena's dream is to make everyone smile, this means she is no longer tied to the Kalos region, basically she can go around the world Alola to perform and make people happy.

Just my opinion.

This has been an opinion I've had for a long time, so here me out. Serena doesn't need to be Kalos Queen. She wants it, but it is only a part of an overall big goal. Let's look at Ash for comparison, Ash is a Pokemon trainer with the goal of being a Pokemon master. It's a very open-ended goal as we don't know what it entails, however it doesn't restrict Ash to one region. In each region, he sets a goal that helps him progress to his overall goal, but him falling short doesn't really cause too much of a confliction. The same goes for Serena. She is a Pokemon performer with the goal of making people smile, thus giving back to people. Thus while in Kalos, she targeted becoming Kalos Queen because it gave her a goal that would also help her progress in her overall achievement. However, she is not bound to one region. Part of making everyone smile means that she can't stay in just Kalos. Her goal would require traveling through many regions and discovering new techniques and pokemon, similar to Ash's journey of becoming a Pokemon master. Ultimately, they are not bound by the regions they travel to, but instead use them as growth and then move on to the next step, the next challenge. Kalos Queen and Kalos league champ were the regional targets, but Pokemon master and making people smile are the real goals that take loads of time to make happen.

Last edited:

TheArchosaurian

Amour Composer
I suppose something may come out of it other than her moving to Alola. Like 'Stay tuned for a special episode' or something. Otherwise I suppose they at least feel they have one hell of a finale planned out for her here.

I never thought of a finale... most epic fail ever
I don't know... maybe that's what it is, but how would the fans, supporters, and media take it? Would they bid her farewell and be happy with the episode? Or have a backlash similar to the dance episode but only magnified by 100 factors?

At the same time, something tells me that that isn't it... perhaps, as one never knows, but I think it may have to do more about her goal/dream/Alola/amour, one of those. If I'm wrong, you can rub it in my face in... a month and a half (sooo long)

DatsRight

Well, it is, but it isn't, given the fact that Serena can help set up dates/give people love advice/hook people up but can't do any of that to herself, so the irony is strong xD

It would only be a further connection to Ash, he can go around the world and make timid inexperienced trainers and Pokemon into confident pros, but he can never quite succeed himself.

TheArchosaurian

Amour Composer
Shauna comes to the rescue. Perhaps Pikachu and the future Delphox too? That'd be so epic.

I dunno about the pokemon.... but if Shauna were to help out, I think that would seal the deal on her actually being 1-one of the best best friends a main protagonist has had outside the group, 2-a legendary hero, 3-one of the most underrated characters xD i'd feel so sorry not sorry for boutiqueshippers

Edit: I dunno about you... but the end of XY seems to be some sort of compilation of fanfics in disguise..., a confession, Serena's return? pokemon in school, the possibility of Shauna helping out Serena with amour, and in the TF arc, a little sprinkle of marrisonshipping xD

Last edited:

Feraleaguehater

It would only be a further connection to Ash, he can go around the world and make timid inexperienced trainers and Pokemon into confident pros, but he can never quite succeed himself.

Ash, our hero, has been creating champions in real life ever since the first episode aired, but never quite got there himself. Ok, maybe that statement was comprised of some wishful thinking.

I dunno about the pokemon.... but if Shauna were to help out, I think that would seal the deal on her actually being 1-one of the best best friends a main protagonist has had outside the group, 2-a legendary hero, 3-one of the most underrated characters xD i'd feel so sorry not sorry for boutiqueshippers

Wow, just as you mentioned boutiqueshipping you introduced me to a whole new world. When did the names for shippings become so creative?

TheArchosaurian

Amour Composer
Ash, our hero, has been creating champions in real life ever since the first episode aired, but never quite got there himself. Ok, maybe that statement was comprised of some wishful thinking.

Wow, just as you mentioned boutiqueshipping you introduced me to a whole new world. When did the names for shippings become so creative?

When all the good names (apart from amour) were used xD

FulgoreX

Banned
Serena is also shipped with girls like Shauna, Miette, and Elle/Aria or whatever her name is. At least there won't be any other boy to get Serena while Ash leaves Kalos, she'll just be surrounded by other girls.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

That's actually one of the less creative shipping names. I'm surprised it was open for so long honestly. When you're in a community with approximately 28,083 formally named and recognized shippings, you have to get creative with new ones.

In fact, when Ash x Serena was being named, one of the top ideas was ChildhoodShipping, a name that already referred to Dawn & Leona. Despite the fact that it was quickly taken out of consideration for this reason, and didn't even make it onto the ballot when we went to vote, it has essentially annexed the name in online communities.

TheArchosaurian

Amour Composer
Serena is also shipped with girls like Shauna, Miette, and Elle/Aria or whatever her name is. At least there won't be any other boy to get Serena while Ash leaves Kalos, she'll just be surrounded by other girls.

Don't speak to soon mate, we have the Heavyset Ballerina Stalker Tierno to deal with...
But again, who's the say she's gonna leave?
Well show them AshxLillie/Mallow shippers! xD

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Don't speak to soon mate, we have the Heavyset Ballerina Stalker Tierno to deal with...
But again, who's the say she's gonna leave?
Well show them AshxLillie/Mallow shippers! xD

Man, I'm just going to kindly ask that you not "show them AshxLillie/Mallow shippers". We're trying to be tolerant in this community.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
Man, I'm just going to kindly ask that you not "show them AshxLillie/Mallow shippers". We're trying to be tolerant in this community.

Yes, do not attack any shippers. We've already got a bad enough name for being pushy especially after the Dance episode.

So, quick question, have anyone read any decent amour fanfics? I've been searching hut can't find any new ones.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Yes, do not attack any shippers. We've already got a bad enough name for being pushy especially after the Dance episode.

So, quick question, have anyone read any decent amour fanfics? I've been searching hut can't find any new ones.

Well... *points down to my sig*

TheArchosaurian

Amour Composer

Okay, and I stopped reading the fics... I read yours though, they're great, but I think I traded the fics for the thread to devote time to :/

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
That's actually one of the less creative shipping names. I'm surprised it was open for so long honestly. When you're in a community with approximately 28,083 formally named and recognized shippings, you have to get creative with new ones.

In fact, when Ash x Serena was being named, one of the top ideas was ChildhoodShipping, a name that already referred to Dawn & Leona. Despite the fact that it was quickly taken out of consideration for this reason, and didn't even make it onto the ballot when we went to vote, it has essentially annexed the name in online communities.

I'm glad Ash x Serena was not called childhoodshipping. First of all, I don't see just a 15 minute or so camp scene enough to call Ash and Serena childhood friends. Second of all, Amourshipping sounds prettier and fits the bill better imo.

Feraleaguehater

Once you've heard the designation amourshipping you're never going back to childhoodshipping. It just sounds so bland.

TheArchosaurian

Amour Composer
Once you've heard the designation amourshipping you're never going back to childhoodshipping. It just sounds so bland.

Besides, amour means love, its shirt but to the point, a perfect name :D

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I'm glad Ash x Serena was not called childhoodshipping. First of all, I don't see just a 15 minute or so camp scene enough to call Ash and Serena childhood friends. Second of all, Amourshipping sounds prettier and fits the bill better imo.

Yeah, that name was made under the assumption that they knew each other for longer than that one scene. It was way back before we actually knew any of the details or that it even was a summer camp. If memory serves, the only thing we had at that point was the image of them holding hands as kids.

My point wasn't "We should've called this ChildhoodShipping", it was "You need to be creative when coming up with new names so you don't ruin a name for another community." If you search for "childhoodshipping" on Google nowadays you won't find anything that has to do with Dawn X Leona, it's all Ash x Serena.

This thread has been a little out of control of late, and so we have decided to close it temporarily. However, we will be rebooting it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.