• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Red Pheonix

I never said that that NPC was Serena, the reference here is that she's crushing over a guy who helped her when she became injured; just like Serena (the differences in injuries don't matter). It's subtle but it's there.

Oh I see. All I can say someone has been watching too much xy/z in Gamefreak. Wait, he's the producer..........

Another thing worth noting. Amourshipping really made it's mark permanent.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
Yay, let's celebrate Amourshipping Day early!

It's surprising how popular it is right now even after her decision. It's getting to be such a trend for us. Let's hope we get to see her comeback soon.

I'm going to leave this picture here. It's from the anime and it always leaves me smiling. Heck, it's one of the reasons why I picked Amourshipping in the first place.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post this here but apparently, in the S&M demo, there's a very subtle reference to Amourshipping in which a female NPC is seemingly shown waiting for and crushing over a guy who helped her when she was injured prior to the player meeting her. Here it is: https://mobile.twitter.com/PokeShipper16/status/788238288083562498

What do you guys think?

I was about to say the exact same thing. It's a very canny resemblance to Ash and Serena's shildhood episode. Since you can't see her face, I'd laugh if that's actually Serena herself from an alternate universe.

Now we know that there is proof that the anime can be referenced in the game. If that's not a strong reference then the Ash-Greninja is definitely one.

Attachments

• Serena smiling.jpg
    Serena smiling.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 52

Red Pheonix

Yay, let's celebrate Amourshipping Day early!

It's surprising how popular it is right now even after her decision. It's getting to be such a trend for us. Let's hope we get to see her comeback soon.

I'm going to leave this picture here. It's from the anime and it always leaves me smiling. Heck, it's one of the reasons why I picked Amourshipping in the first place.

I was about to say the exact same thing. It's a very canny resemblance to Ash and Serena's shildhood episode. Since you can't see her face, I'd laugh if that's actually Serena herself from an alternate universe.

Now we know that there is proof that the anime can be referenced in the game. If that's not a strong reference then the Ash-Greninja is definitely one.

Wait, you didn't ship until the Ash Vs Sawyer semi-finals?

Speaking of which, I wonder who thought to put that neato Amourshipping reference in the game. Aside from the producer. Or maybe it was the producer.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
Wait, you didn't ship until the Ash Vs Sawyer semi-finals?

Speaking of which, I wonder who thought to put that neato Amourshipping reference in the game. Aside from the producer. Or maybe it was the producer.

Oh damn, it's the wrong picture. I messed up.
Not a good way to celebrate Amourshipping either...

Here's the one that I wanted to show off. How Serena's crush actually started.
Serena - childhood.jpg

For my defense, the other picture that I posted before was one of the reasons why I like Amourshipping. The writers always give us hints that Serena still likes Ash. The fact that it shows it's a genuine crush written by them makes it canon in my eyes.

DatsRight

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a mythology gag, like all the references to one shot characters from the OS in Yellow.

Sun/Moon really likes it's subtle links to the anime series, haven't seen much of that since Gen 1.

Red Pheonix

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a mythology gag, like all the references to one shot characters from the OS in Yellow.

Sun/Moon really likes it's subtle links to the anime series, haven't seen much of that since Gen 1.

Sure, Ash Greninja is subtle.

Joking aside, does that mean there are more Amourshipping references in the full SM games? That would be cool.

volcanionmaster123

If anime Serena happens to appear in the full SM games too and seemingly make this ship canon before the anime itself has the chance to, that'll be the funniest thing I've ever seen, almost as funny as the Colts fake punt against the Patriots last year

Red Pheonix

If anime Serena happens to appear in the full SM games too and seemingly make this ship canon before the anime itself has the chance to, that'll be the funniest thing I've ever seen, almost as funny as the Colts fake punt against the Patriots last year

Nah, I don't think something like that would happen. Although I didn't expect a reference in the first place so.............

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
I don't know if I'm allowed to post this here but apparently, in the S&M demo, there's a very subtle reference to Amourshipping in which a female NPC is seemingly shown waiting for and crushing over a guy who helped her when she was injured prior to the player meeting her. Here it is: https://mobile.twitter.com/PokeShipper16/status/788238288083562498

What do you guys think?

What if: in XYZ 47, they are trying to look for Dedenne. He ran off in the woods. Ash and the other decide to split up and look for them. While doing this Serena fell because of a tree root. She is scared and something comes out of a bush, it is a...
Poliwhirl! She has sprained her ankle and calls for help. Ash finds her and he helps her. They get flashback to when they first met, they laugh qnd Serena decides to confess (or not) because this is how it all started. At the end of the episode they find Dedenne but thry are late for the plane. So in the hurry of time, Serena gets on the wrong plane and this plane goes to... PokéHawaii. She hears there are no planes to Hoenn and she decides to wait here and sleep a couple days. Then she decided to call Ash and he says he's on this Island too! So she stays at the same place waiting for this 'cool person' to meet him... also she changed her clothes because it was too warm on the island ;)

JCW18

Go, Explotaro!
almost as funny as the Colts fake punt against the Patriots last year

Please, as a Colts fan, do not remind me of this D:

Also that would be interesting, the games being one step ahead lol

sunofdarkchild

The games already seem to be taking themselves more seriously than the S&M anime, so who knows.

Motor Bug2005

What if: in XYZ 47, they are trying to look for Dedenne. He ran off in the woods. Ash and the other decide to split up and look for them. While doing this Serena fell because of a tree root. She is scared and something comes out of a bush, it is a...
Poliwhirl! She has sprained her ankle and calls for help. Ash finds her and he helps her. They get flashback to when they first met, they laugh qnd Serena decides to confess (or not) because this is how it all started. At the end of the episode they find Dedenne but thry are late for the plane. So in the hurry of time, Serena gets on the wrong plane and this plane goes to... PokéHawaii. She hears there are no planes to Hoenn and she decides to wait here and sleep a couple days. Then she decided to call Ash and he says he's on this Island too! So she stays at the same place waiting for this 'cool person' to meet him... also she changed her clothes because it was too warm on the island ;)

This sounds like a good idea for a fanfic but it has 0% of actually happening IMO. In fact, I'm not even expecting an emotional farewell nor a proper resolution for Amourshipping seeing how the latest scans for XY&Z047 show everyone at the airport being a little bit too happy for my liking (with the exception of Dedenne of course).

3vr1m

This sounds like a good idea for a fanfic but it has 0% of actually happening IMO. In fact, I'm not even expecting an emotional farewell nor a proper resolution for Amourshipping seeing how the latest scans for XY&Z047 show everyone at the airport being a little bit too happy for my liking (with the exception of Dedenne of course).

Me neither, I dont know why but I think they will part their way like there are going to see each other in a couple of weeks again, but we know how that turns out ^^
It would be very funny if the games make the ship more canon then the series. It seems like they are reducing the intens of Serenas crush on ash slow by slow in the hope the kids will forgett about that and they dont have to make a big conclusion in the end. Of course I would be very happy if it turned out otherwise but honestly I dont belive it. But hey, high hopes low expectations right ?

AshSerena

What do you guys think?

I love how the last screenshot show , it said "That guy is strong , cool --- and the nicest person you've ever seen".... This sounds like Ash right?
the game creator teasing amourshipping lol

Omegaz

Captain Amourica

What do you guys think?

I was about to point this out. It is really interesting. Who knows but it says to come back when he's around and the NPC will introduce him to the player. I'm really curious.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
BTW, anyone noticed in Ash his class, there's 2 rooms left to be seaten? 1 for Ash and.... 1 empty??? It seems like they have reserves this one for...
Just want to hear your opinions. Watch the trailer before commenting :D

Motor Bug2005

BTW, anyone noticed in Ash his class, there's 2 rooms left to be seaten? 1 for Ash and.... 1 empty??? It seems like they have reserves this one for...
Just want to hear your opinions. Watch the trailer before commenting :D

That empty seat is Lana's if I'm not mistaken. She's sitting just to the side of it, you can just see her feet as the scene pans around the classroom.

Feraleaguehater

What do you guys think?

There's no way that's not an intentional reference. Not sure if it's more than that, but it's still pretty cool. And it gives you some hope that her crush will also be acknowledged in XYZ047...

pakimon

That would just be terrible, terrible writing.

And yeah, that straw hat npc is not Serena, as there are more npc's with the exact same model, and she (the npc) has black hair. But it is obviously a reference to Amourshipping, really happy to see that.

The girl mentions she will meet this awesome guy in 5 days, does anyone has something to say about this? Is it foreshadowing or just meaningless dialogue?

Last edited: