• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
That would just be terrible, terrible writing.

And yeah, that straw hat npc is not Serena, as there are more npc's with the exact same model, and she (the npc) has black hair. But it is obviously a reference to Amourshipping, really happy to see that.

The npc mentions she will meet this awesome guy in 5 days, does anyone has something to say about this? Is it foreshadowing or just meaningless dialogue?

Most of the characters you talk to are meaningless xD. But sometimes they give hidden clues but you have to think hard about it. But this one was pretty clear for us :D.
And as a kid, I never talked to everybody I saw, I just battled trainers and did gyms, the rest didn't bother me at all. Although I missed a lot of stuff.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
This is pretty interesting, apparently the SM games are more connected to the anime than previously thought. We all knew about Ash-Greninja, but there's data in the demo for Pikachu wearing each of Ash's hats too. It's adding up to an insanely strong implication that Ash will make an appearance at some point.

Every time anyone brought up Masuda, it was always met with the same response. "He has nothing to do with the anime." Well, this is his territory. I would not for a second put it past him to add continuity with the anime in the games, and bring Serena along with it.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
This is pretty interesting, apparently the SM games are more connected to the anime than previously thought. We all knew about Ash-Greninja, but there's data in the demo for Pikachu wearing each of Ash's hats too. It's adding up to an insanely strong implication that Ash will make an appearance at some point.

Every time anyone brought up Masuda, it was always met with the same response. "He has nothing to do with the anime." Well, this is his territory. I would not for a second put it past him to add continuity with the anime in the games, and bring Serena along with it.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. I could easily see Serena and Ash both make appearances in the full game. And if Serena does appear, it should give some hope for the anime as well.

DatsRight

If they keep up these anime links I'm expecting at least one gag about the Orange Islands.

That said being in the games doesn't seem a sure thing for an anime reappearance. None of the Kanto/Johto gym leaders reappeared in BW except Brock and Misty through flashback in spite of B2/W2 and we've got zero from May despite ORAS. Sometimes the anime just doesn't take the bait.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
If they keep up these anime links I'm expecting at least one gag about the Orange Islands.

That said being in the games doesn't seem a sure thing for an anime reappearance. None of the Kanto/Johto gym leaders reappeared in BW except Brock and Misty through flashback in spite of B2/W2 and we've got zero from May despite ORAS. Sometimes the anime just doesn't take the bait.

The PWT wasn't really reason enough to bring back any characters. There was no story element at all. I'm a bit surprised with May and ORAS, honestly. But honestly, I don't really care if Serena comes back in the anime.

Canon AmourShipping in the Sun and Moon games is still canon AmourShipping.

rfpitagoras

ObsesiveAmourshipper
What if: in XYZ 47, they are trying to look for Dedenne. He ran off in the woods. Ash and the other decide to split up and look for them. While doing this Serena fell because of a tree root. She is scared and something comes out of a bush, it is a...
Poliwhirl! She has sprained her ankle and calls for help. Ash finds her and he helps her. They get flashback to when they first met, they laugh qnd Serena decides to confess (or not) because this is how it all started. At the end of the episode they find Dedenne but thry are late for the plane. So in the hurry of time, Serena gets on the wrong plane and this plane goes to... PokéHawaii. She hears there are no planes to Hoenn and she decides to wait here and sleep a couple days. Then she decided to call Ash and he says he's on this Island too! So she stays at the same place waiting for this 'cool person' to meet him... also she changed her clothes because it was too warm on the island ;)

Okay i don't think that much would happen, but the missing the plane seems kinda possible

Omegaz

Captain Amourica

We may not have gotten May, but we did get Steven Stone. They certainly did provide continuity from ORAS to XY. They could easily do the same here with Sun and Moon.

Neatolzy

The PWT wasn't really reason enough to bring back any characters. There was no story element at all. I'm a bit surprised with May and ORAS, honestly. But honestly, I don't really care if Serena comes back in the anime.

Canon AmourShipping in the Sun and Moon games is still canon AmourShipping.

And if the anime is mean to advertise and draw attention to the games... :D. It would be funny if Masuda or another executive that likes amourshipping but works with the games decided to have it put in there and stare at the people running the anime saying "ok your move now".

CDVEN

Average Trainer
After seeing the scans, I believe we are getting a simple goodbye and it seems that the 80% of the episode would be about the whole group searching for that orange rodent. However while an emotional goodbye is still possible, the chances are at 5% of happening. However that is my first impression about it.

We might not get an emotional ending but rather a bittersweet one. A possible scenario I could think of is that Ash lets Serena keep his handkerchief as a parting gift before he boards the plane. After the plane has took off ,Serena starts to tear up, but the siblings reassured her that they will see him again as they watch Ash's plane vanish out of their sight. Serena then wipes her tears with Ash's handkerchief, vowing herself to see each other again after reaching their dreams.

Just finished playing the demo. I really like the amourshipping reference that they've put in the game though. I wonder if the reference will carry on to the full game. I guess we can thank Junichi Masuda for that if he's the one who brought the idea. The games seem to have a heavy connection to the anime since Yellow with the inclusion of Ash-Greninja and a letter (possibly from Ash himself) so I wouldn't be surprised of Ash did appear in the games.

Last edited:

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
Apparently in the demo where the woman is waiting for a few days to see the guy turns out to be someone else.

Not sure if it's real or not but don't take the things in the demo seriously.
At least Amourshipping was referenced in it even if we did get trolled a bit.

Last edited:

Ashjon07

Never give up until the end!
Apparently in the demo where the woman is waiting for a few days to see the guy turns out to be someone else.

Not sure if it's real or not but don't take the things in the demo seriously.
At least Amourshipping was referenced in it even if we did get trolled a bit.

Lol, if that part was really 'meant' to foreshadow Ash and Serena's childhood, then they sure know how to troll their Amourshipping fans. They totally went Akemi Trollmode on that part.

Red Pheonix

After seeing the scans, I believe we are getting a simple goodbye and it seems that the 80% of the episode would be about the whole group searching for that orange rodent. However while an emotional goodbye is still possible, the chances are at 5% of happening. However that is my first impression about it.

Am I missing something here? I mean the scan shows two-three screenshots from the whole episode and we're automatically crossing down the possibility of a emotional ending?

As for the woman, first, wow, citra can run the SM game? Secondly, I think it's supposed to be an indirect reference. I originally mentioned that that girl can't be Serena because apparently she sprained her ankle the other day, not when she was a child.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Am I missing something here? I mean the scan shows two-three screenshots from the whole episode and we're automatically crossing down the possibility of a emotional ending?

As for the woman, first, wow, citra can run the SM game? Secondly, I think it's supposed to be an indirect reference. I originally mentioned that that girl can't be Serena because apparently she sprained her ankle the other day, not when she was a child.

It's perfectly normal for some members of this community to react like this.

It's probably an Easter Egg of some sort, if it is actually a real thing.

Motor Bug2005

It is only a couple of scans but the fact they show everyone looking a bit too happy is unsettling to me. Here's hoping Dedenne's disappearance will make everyone a bit more emotional and prompt Serena to finally say something about her feelings but I'm not really expecting anything.

CDVEN

Average Trainer

Well not completely crossing out, just the chances are lowered because from what I see in the scans but this is subject to change after tomorrow's preview for XYZ47. I'm keeping my expectations next to zero so that I won't get too salty about it if we did get a normal goodbye. Still, there are many ways that this goodbye can go until tomorrow's preview shows us a glimpse of what will happen in XYZ47.

That troll though. Never knew it's gonna be that Machamp who's been in the city for the whole time. Though the demo does have strong connections with the anime because of Ash-Greninja and his Pikachu wearing his hats from OS to S/M.

Drizzo

Yo! It's ThePikaTrainer....kinda. I kinda sorta forgot my password and email associated with my old account, so i have returned...A NEW MAN!

Anyways, i'm personally expecting an emotional but not spectacular farewell. At best i expect her to give him a hug, and at worst a generic friend goodbye.

Red Pheonix

Yo! It's ThePikaTrainer....kinda. I kinda sorta forgot my password and email associated with my old account, so i have returned...A NEW MAN!

Anyways, i'm personally expecting an emotional but not spectacular farewell. At best i expect her to give him a hug, and at worst a generic friend goodbye.

You are an imposter! You're not the real Pika Trainer! That's because your supposed to be running on Plan B since you're old account is lost!

Yeah, that's the word, not spectacular but emotional. I just want those two to talk.

Drizzo

Le gasp! My cover's been blown! You are quite the observer, Mr. Red Pheonix.....for you see, my true identity is [Post Deleted]

Yeah, talking is the most likely thing for us to get. Although i wonder if they'll give Serena a solo goodbye, or will it be like the end of Johto where they all say goodbye go their seperate ways at once.

Red Pheonix

Le gasp! My cover's been blown! You are quite the observer, Mr. Red Pheonix.....for you see, my true identity is [Post Deleted]

Yeah, talking is the most likely thing for us to get. Although i wonder if they'll give Serena a solo goodbye, or will it be like the end of Johto where they all say goodbye go their seperate ways at once.

Most likely the group goodbye. What I'm thinking is how we can separate Ash and Serena from the others before the group goodbye.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Maybe I know why Serena hasn't confessed all this time. She knew Ash was a dense brick and she knew if she confessed too early she could get rejected. So she just waits and hopes that Ash started to develop feelings for her. And finally, the last episode she felt like Ash developed some so I think:
She realised maybe Ash finally gives a damn about her so after the battle and hearing that he will alway support her, she knew she was gonna confess soon and knew what she wanted to do too. So maybe if Ash won't reprociate her feelings she has a plan B which is Hoenn, so she won't have to panic about what to do. Just my 2 cent ( can someone explain this joke lol)