• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

DatsRight

'Tis the hope, but I don't think anyone actually expects that. It's not even worth bringing up, honestly. I guess we'll just have to see.

Historically, the final episodes are major high points for pairings. Poke has Misty's reflections, Advance has the Terracotta ribbon, Pearl has the very heartfelt goodbye and the final high five, Negai has... Well, if you're a NegaiShipper, you'll take what you can get. Who knows what Amour will have. Up until Best Wishes, the writers have loved putting in one last bang to remember the characters by.

Best Wishes was about the only time TR left the region with a bang rather than a slither and put up one more worthy fight, so I suppose NegaiShipping at least had the two working together in one final big face-off and showing off their team work. In terms of intimacy though, it's probably the most underwhelming.

Last edited:

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Yeah, I know.
Honestly, I don't mind her not going given the setting for this new anime.

Also, Serena can still be going to Alola even if the timeline is before XY she'll just have longer hair and act all grumpy. They could say that she's going on a vacation with her mum to visit the tourist sites there. She could even reflect back on meeting Ash in the past and hope that she meets him soon. Or Serena can bump into him while she's on her tour but catches a quick glimpse of him.

The three years on the other hand, is pretty much going to kill us all if Serena's not in it. Hoping that this anime only takes place in 1-2 years if it does.

Well, it came from the Japanese voice actor of Ash so you can take a little credit for it if it's true. I'd be a bit more skeptical about the source that it came from. I'm not sure about who that poster is or where they grabbed that information from in the first place.

I seriously hope that it'll end on a good note and not screw us over.
As long as Ash doesn't friendzone Serena then it's fine. Plus he so oblivious that it's likely that it'll never happen. The writers must make Amourshipping as open as they can so that it provides a safety net for them in case something goes wrong with the future anime.

I won't be leaving either. I'll probably won't be here often but I'll be lurking here every now and then.

If it really came from Rica Matsumoto, we should have an actual tweet from her. Also, I think it would have more credibility if the tweet actually used seiyuu and Satoshi instead of the voice actor and Ash Ketchum.

Anyways, the blush on Serena's face tells one thing that disproves one outcome that so many ship doubters were insisting for the past few months, that Serena was going to get over her crush on Ash Ketchum in the end and focus on her goal solely. As we see from the latest preview, that is not the case. Serena had that crush since her early childhood and she will always have that love when she separates from Satoshi until time comes for them to reunite.

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
It's hard to believe that the day is finally here. In only a few short hours, Pokemon XYZ 47 will have aired in Japan, and with it, the XY series will have officially been drawn to a close. As someone who has been with this pairing since Day 1, I can say that it has certainly been a wild ride! Only 3 short years ago, no one would have ever believed that Amour would go on to become a juggernaut in Pokemon shipping. Yet, here we are, all gathering around anxiously waiting for the resolution of the longest sub-plot of the XY series. Today is the day that officially marks the new generation of AmourShipping. It has been an honor and a pleasure sail this ship alongside each of you. There is no where to go but forwards! I'll see all of you back here in a few hours.

Motor Bug2005

I've just seen the latest preview and although that last scene looks like something good is gonna happen for us, we can't know for sure whether this is just another troll or not without any context. But no matter what happens in 6 hours time, I will stick around here and continue to support this pairing 100%.

Last edited:

Johtohfiller

Here's the last scene from the 2nd preview for today episode
[IMGSIZE=300]http://i.imgur.com/UWRge11.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
[IMGSIZE=300]http://i.imgur.com/1J2rzmq.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
[IMGSIZE=300]http://i.imgur.com/KTQ0toF.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
[IMGSIZE=300]http://i.imgur.com/i6V3qAG.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

its still unsure 100% that she might confess here, or she just happy saying farewell to her friends, if you guys want to see the video i leave it here
https://twitter.com/AshandSerena/status/791407250396975104

Is she hiding something behind her back? Maybe she really does give Ash some kind of going away present!

I can't believe that we're so close to the end. It feels surreal.

No matter what happens out there tomorrow, I expect everyone to remain calm, professional, and not a bunch of flamers. This is Amour's last stand. If we must die, we must die with dignity.

We're not going to die. Even if we don't get 100% onscreen confession canon, the trajectory is there. Serena's feelings haven't changed. Ash has grown closer to her, just compare their first and second dates (and really, everything after Serena's redesign). They battled, which as Ash says helps them understand each other. They promise to meet again. They're on the path to canon, whether we see it onscreen or not.

If she actually does kiss him...well, there it is, Amourgeddon. If not, whatever we do get will probably still be good, this should be a very emotional episode.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Well, the big day is tomorrow. And well, I've got a lot to say. And to the admins, if it may seem like I'm getting off-topic, everything tracks back to amourshipping. So please don't remove this. Anyways, onto my thoughts:

It's been quite an interesting 4 to 5 months for us here as amourshippers. When I first caught up to everything in the show of XYZ, we were at a serious high point. The cosplay episode had aired and everyone was hyped for an episode that was truly one of the best. Pair that with the coming episodes and we all had reasons to be super optimistic. Pokemon was changing, amourshipping was growing, and we as a community were very excited. And then that dreaded league finale came and changed everything. If there technically is a spot that represented the start of "decline" (not sure I should call it that). Sure, we had the greatest arc after that, but perhaps it was just an attempt to cover up what had just happened. Now, amour isn't directly tied to that at all and of course amour is still thriving, but things just shifted after that moment. Now look at where we are. No, I still haven't given up hope. I believe that Serena will in fact return to Alola, but in what role. That I cannot say.

Personally, I wish I'd started watching this show from day 1. Getting the opportunity to watch Ash and Serena's journey for 3 years as opposed to 4 months would've certainly been more satisfying. Sure, XY and XYZ weren't going to last forever, but I regret not being able to have more time. But it does bring up the question of where did all the people from that original thread go? The Amourshipping community is large, but here on Serebii, we are now but a few. No matter, I know that this thread will stay strong as there are people that really care about all of this. Let those of us who stick around keep this thread up and running. Let us continue to show our support for the pairing that took everything farther.

In regards to tomorrow's episode, it will be quite emotional. I'm really hoping that we get something good from Ash and Serena. I have seen the new preview and it does give me hope. Ash and Serena deserve to have their moment, especially if the writers don't want to leave Serena's character incomplete. Personally, if everything feels open-ended and underwhelming tomorrow, it just means that Serena will come back and have a good role in Sun and Moon. Why? Because there is no way that the writers will leave a main character's plot incomplete and if they do, the fans won't let them get away with it. Furthermore, it will be an emotional episode for us too as fans. I'll admit that one thing that makes XYZ so impressive was with how it really played at the viewer's emotion. From that snowball scene and Ash's depression to Greninja's departure to the tragedies in XYZ41, there has been so many emotional moments that have been produced, with amourshipping being involved in it as well. I haven't felt this way from a series since maybe Star Wars: The Clone Wars, but even that pales in comparison to this.

Anyways, last point, which is related to this thread. I hope that we keep strong and keep this thread alive and running well. However, I may not be a part of that process. No, I am not abandoning ship. I will still be here, but I feel that most likely I will need a break. I'm telling this now so that it doesn't feel like I am abandoning because of the result of the upcoming episode. Amourshipping and this thread will always mean a great deal to me and it is not because of those things that I am deciding to distance myself. Rather, I just feel that taking some time away from the thread will help me. Think of it as an anchored ship and the captain is taking a rest. Now, of course, I will be here tomorrow and the second Serena comes back, I will be right back here. So if say Serena is confirmed in Sun and Moon after tomorrow's episode, well then I won't be gone. Like I said, I'll still be here. I'll be lurking and occasionally I'll post where I see fit. Also, I have to stay on the forums to respond to messages and stuff. But, I will choose to avoid the threads as the negativity is toxic and I'd rather not deal with it.

I thank you all for that you have done for me. In these amourshipping threads, I found an internet home, I made new friends, and I was able to celebrate the greatest pokemon series and the greatest shipping ever. Thank you to guys like Red Pheonix, Zeldafan, Epicocity, lane, DryingPan (if you are still lurking here), and many more. You all have made my experiences here so much greater. I owe you all.

That's all I have to say. If you need me, feel free to just message me. Otherwise, you can find me on the SS Amour forums or possibly scouring around reddit. To the mods, if you deem that this went off-topic, I beg of you to at least keep this up for one day. This thread means a lot to me and I don't want to just vanish into nothing. After a day, feel free to delete this post or ban me if you think you have to.

Sincerely,
Omegaz

Last edited:
That was beautiful man :) Lets hope for the best and if it doesn't go our way, we know in our hearts that amour is the best OTP with all of the development. Its going to be emotional for sure and that will just make this series even more interesting! thanks for all the memories!
Well, the big day is tomorrow. And well, I've got a lot to say. And to the admins, if it may seem like I'm getting off-topic, everything tracks back to amourshipping. So please don't remove this. Anyways, onto my thoughts:

It's been quite an interesting 4 to 5 months for us here as amourshippers. When I first caught up to everything in the show of XYZ, we were at a serious high point. The cosplay episode had aired and everyone was hyped for an episode that was truly one of the best. Pair that with the coming episodes and we all had reasons to be super optimistic. Pokemon was changing, amourshipping was growing, and we as a community were very excited. And then that dreaded league finale came and changed everything. If there technically is a spot that represented the start of "decline" (not sure I should call it that). Sure, we had the greatest arc after that, but perhaps it was just an attempt to cover up what had just happened. Now, amour isn't directly tied to that at all and of course amour is still thriving, but things just shifted after that moment. Now look at where we are. No, I still haven't given up hope. I believe that Serena will in fact return to Alola, but in what role. That I cannot say.

Personally, I wish I'd started watching this show from day 1. Getting the opportunity to watch Ash and Serena's journey for 3 years as opposed to 4 months would've certainly been more satisfying. Sure, XY and XYZ weren't going to last forever, but I regret not being able to have more time. But it does bring up the question of where did all the people from that original thread go? The Amourshipping community is large, but here on Serebii, we are now but a few. No matter, I know that this thread will stay strong as there are people that really care about all of this. Let those of us who stick around keep this thread up and running. Let us continue to show our support for the pairing that took everything farther.

In regards to tomorrow's episode, it will be quite emotional. I'm really hoping that we get something good from Ash and Serena. I have seen the new preview and it does give me hope. Ash and Serena deserve to have their moment, especially if the writers don't want to leave Serena's character incomplete. Personally, if everything feels open-ended and underwhelming tomorrow, it just means that Serena will come back and have a good role in Sun and Moon. Why? Because there is no way that the writers will leave a main character's plot incomplete and if they do, the fans won't let them get away with it. Furthermore, it will be an emotional episode for us too as fans. I'll admit that one thing that makes XYZ so impressive was with how it really played at the viewer's emotion. From that snowball scene and Ash's depression to Greninja's departure to the tragedies in XYZ41, there has been so many emotional moments that have been produced, with amourshipping being involved in it as well. I haven't felt this way from a series since maybe Star Wars: The Clone Wars, but even that pales in comparison to this.

Anyways, last point, which is related to this thread. I hope that we keep strong and keep this thread alive and running well. However, I may not be a part of that process. No, I am not abandoning ship. I will still be here, but I feel that most likely I will need a break. I'm telling this now so that it doesn't feel like I am abandoning because of the result of the upcoming episode. Amourshipping and this thread will always mean a great deal to me and it is not because of those things that I am deciding to distance myself. Rather, I just feel that taking some time away from the thread will help me. Think of it as an anchored ship and the captain is taking a rest. Now, of course, I will be here tomorrow and the second Serena comes back, I will be right back here. So if say Serena is confirmed in Sun and Moon after tomorrow's episode, well then I won't be gone. Like I said, I'll still be here. I'll be lurking and occasionally I'll post where I see fit. Also, I have to stay on the forums to respond to messages and stuff. But, I will choose to avoid the threads as the negativity is toxic and I'd rather not deal with it.

I thank you all for that you have done for me. In these amourshipping threads, I found an internet home, I made new friends, and I was able to celebrate the greatest pokemon series and the greatest shipping ever. Thank you to guys like Red Pheonix, Zeldafan, Epicocity, lane, DryingPan (if you are still lurking here), and many more. You all have made my experiences here so much greater. I owe you all.

That's all I have to say. If you need me, feel free to just message me. Otherwise, you can find me on the SS Amour forums or possibly scouring around reddit. To the mods, if you deem that this went off-topic, I beg of you to at least keep this up for one day. This thread means a lot to me and I don't want to just vanish into nothing. After a day, feel free to delete this post or ban me if you think you have to.

Sincerely,
Omegaz

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
That was beautiful man :) Lets hope for the best and if it doesn't go our way, we know in our hearts that amour is the best OTP with all of the development. Its going to be emotional for sure and that will just make this series even more interesting! thanks for all the memories!

Thank you. Always stay positive. It's a motto I tried to bring here. Even in times of bad, staying optimistic will make you happier. I have faith that the future for amourshipping will be bright. We'll just have to see how it plays out.

Epicocity

Sincerely,
Omegaz

This was certainly beyond heartfelt! Truth be told, I'm much the same as you, though I've been flitting in and out for quite some time, so it's easier for me! But yes, I would hope that most of us don't give up on the ship. Amour is still my OTP for this series, and that isn't changing. In fact, if anything, my drive is all the stronger, wanting to push further into the realm of fanworks. In particular, I'm still looking forward to finishing the Ancienverse (and maybe growing it all the more even) and if any people want to join in on those Amour fanfiction journeys, you should always feel free to! Goodness knows, us Amour writers are a great group.

But hey, let's enjoy one last rumble of Serena's blushes tomorrow, eh?

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
I'm nt falling for the bait again. It's always a troll. Trollers gonna be trollers. Although i dreamed this night that we will get a good closure but dreams are so fake. I don't want to break you down but if this was a disappoiting episode we should actually not be surprized. 'Exect nothing and you will always be surprized...' Life Motto.

amour4ever

I'm tired.
Omegaz- Though I am not as positive as you (I'm really feeling the exact opposite about Amour right now tbh), I want to tell you again how much I've always appreciated your positivity/optimism. It's been great having you here.

I can't believe it's almost over. I want to have hope, but alas, I'm almost out. Almost. The thing is, I don't think any way they decide to end it will satisfy me, though I don't even know what I want anymore tbh. (Yes, canonized amour, obviously, but more specifically I just don't know...)

Red Pheonix

Sincerely,
Omegaz

You'll probably miss this but I'll say it anyway. You expressed some of my feelings beautifully. Fitting for the beautiful ship we experienced this past few months. I'm glad that we were able to stick around and make this thread one of the most positive Amour community that is feuled by the magic of this ship. That's the second most fun thing that came from Amour.

Two hours remain. For those who are still here for some reason, let's hope for the best. :)

lane

A Giant Goldfish
You'll probably miss this but I'll say it anyway. You expressed some of my feelings beautifully. Fitting for the beautiful ship we experienced this past few months. I'm glad that we were able to stick around and make this thread one of the most positive Amour community that is feuled by the magic of this ship. That's the second most fun thing that came from Amour.

Two hours remain. For those who are still here for some reason, let's hope for the best. :)

I think that I've been out of the loop for too long (because of school). I'm assuming that the episode airing in about 2-3 hours is the final breath of Amour or something?

Regardless, high hopes, low expectations, and all of them mottos that we use (as a community) because at the end of the day, I think that Amour is easily/hands-down the most intimate relationship we've seen between our favourite female character and everyone's favourite god-brick-boy.

Hope for the best! :)

Motor Bug2005

Well folks, there's just half an hour to go. I'm gonna repeat what I said before XY&Z045: let's try and keep it as calm and civil as possible if we don't get what we want. The future of this thread depends on it.

Cetra

Ash got 26 years, Liko won't, recency bias fanboys
So we won after all.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Well now...

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvxErOGVYAAuu5e.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvxEu91UsAEU-Vr.jpg[/img139]

Serena did the impossible. She has kissed Satoshi. Essentially a confession on her part and Ash's third kiss from a girl I believe.

Amourshipping wins big time!

AvalonX

Super Fan
Team Amour finally pulls through. I cannot wait for the subs now, I'm so curious as to what she said. Ps, look at Clemont's face after the kiss, hilarious.

Last edited: