• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
what im worried is Pokemon usually used some good words like this from prev series , like promise to meet again etc etc but it did not happen anyway
but still Serena words here is something else... what i really like is when she said Ash is her goal.. what she mean about this?

It could mean that she's not done.
She did say she wanted to be more attractive to Ash... I think we haven't seen the last of the future Mrs. Ketchum.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
It was definently a kiss on the lips

Sweetness. Serena done something really bold in the series. I've been waiting for this moment to come. Misty,Dawn,and May gonna flip when they find out about Ash's first kiss. I bet Iris won't be calling Ash a little kid anymore since she find out about this. Brock, Tracey,and Cilan would shed in tears of happiness once he knows about Ash's first real kiss. As for Max, he would definitely be shocked by Ash's kiss with a girl.

what im worried is Pokemon usually used some good words like this from prev series , like promise to meet again etc etc but it did not happen anyway
but still Serena words here is something else... what i really like is when she said Ash is her goal.. what she mean about this?

She means that she plans to be with Ash as well as to marry him one day due to her strong love.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I feel like Celebi-R-A-T-E (Ending song from the 4th movie) is suddenly appropriate again. It's three hours after the fact, and I'm still in shock, honestly. I can't believe the best series of Pokemon has ended, but even beyond that, I can't believe Serena finally made her move. I loved Clemont and Bonnie smiling at each other, like she explained she wanted to confess beforehand. It's interesting that when she finally made her move, it was such a bold one. Confessing to Ash or simply telling him she'll dream of the day they meet again is certainly one thing. Giving him a kiss that was apparently so involved, they didn't feel comfortable showing it on television? That's certainly another. When I wrote Memento, I certainly wasnt expecting it to be less shippy than the canon ending!

It's kind of a book ends moment, actually. XY is ending with one of the oldest fanfic moves in the book. In only a few short weeks, Sun and Moon opens with another of the oldest fanfic clichés. It's hilarious. Two of the most overused, "this will never actually happen" elements of Pokemon fanfiction are a now a part of the canon series.

Neatolzy

One thing I have to say is that I'm so glad that I woke up to watch a live stream of it and got to see it without any risk of spoilers. Seeing the moment going through the episode fresh made it so much more impactful (imo) than if someone had to watch the entire episode knowing that would happen. Honestly, during the escalator scene I thought she confessed, then didn't, then thought she was going to turn around blushing (without confessing); saw her run up and was like "Oh maybe she'll say her confession" and then she kissed him and I was like (omg no way)... I feel like something is lost in that whole sequence if you know the outcome.

Brazillianguy

Guys,

I don't think anyone here know me, but ever since Hikari had her debut in the show, I've been following the possible shippings involving Satoshi. However, after what we called the "Pearlshipping disaster", my hopes over a possible relationship between Satoshi and the right girl just faded away. Still, even after 8 years of unreachable dreams, I felt that something could happen between SatoSere. Their relationship was different than that with the other girls. They already knew each other, for a long time.

I work as a lawyer and do not have much time to share my thoughts with you, like when we populated pearlshipping threads and had our hopes in the hand of PK0082's spoilers, but I do read you almost everyday. Silently, but I do it. Today is a historical day. I am to busy to worry about that kind of thing, but I cannot pretend I am not happy with this moments. It really happened.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
Confessing to ur crush is already scary as hell. Giving your crush a kiss in front of your friends when you're about to leave... That girl has some balls huh

Yup, Serena has some major courage. That is why she is easily to relate with.

Why didn't this scene happen 3/4 of the way through XY, so they at least could have had a conversation about it?

Ah well, it still ended up being a completely one-sided pairing, but at least Serena grew some balls and "confessed." Although how much Ash actually understood is unknown.

Can confirm it doesn't work this way in real life.

The kiss scene should have been done during the date episode.

And that is why I like fiction, it is not real life and shouldn't need to be.

Red Pheonix

I definitely think Serena kissed Ash on the lips. Just look at the direction Ash was looking when Serena was making her move. I highly doubt that he would turn his cheeck right as Serena kissed. He's too oblivious to do that.

Speaking of Ash, I also noticed that when Serena was leaving in the escalator for the first time, Ash went ahead. And when Serena was going to kiss him, he looked rather surprised. As if he could understand ever so slightly what was going to happen. Our Ashy boy is growing up!Alola is a prequel guyz

Another funny thing is how the famous confession scene was right under our noses all this time. If anime didn't do puppet lips for voice overs, we would have figured out what Serena was saying a month ago. Oh well...........

Color me interested when Serena said that her goal was actually Ash. Who knew that she actually has another intention to pursue her goal. Maybe that's the reason why she declined Palermo's offer, because she's aiming for 'that' one and not just to become a Kalos queen. Though I'm still confused by what she meant that her goal was Ash. Anyway, I guess this will probably keep Amourshippers glued to their sits.

At least she didn't drop off her crush in favor of her goal but then again, her goal was her crush after all.

Side-note: Twitter is still generating SatoSere topics for like 10-20 posts per 10 seconds. Damn.....

Last edited:
So I watched the episode just now. And wow. It was probably the best farewell episode ever. Every thing was on point. Of course, my bias may be involved in this owing to a certain event of interest for us. xD

There's one good point to note here, there was never any mention of Alola. Every other end episode spoke of the next region, and every other saga showcased at least one Pokemon from the next generation. None of that was done. But that's something else.

As for AmourShipping, I think we can safely call it canon. Yes some say semi canon, some say ambiguous. But there is more than enough certainty regarding the kiss, when frankly, there was no evidence of it- be it a kiss on the cheek or the lips. It wasn't shown. We are content with making the safest assumption there. So I will make the safest assumption here. AmourShipping is canon in my eyes.

As for Serena calling Ash her goal, it means she sees living a life with him as her goal. She told Palermo that she likes making people happy. Today, she made it more specific. She likes making people; and more specifically Ash happy. It's evident that by calling him her goal, she means that she intends to marry him at one point and live a life with him.

Ash's silence and facial expression; or in other words, circumstantial evidence, points to him accepting her feelings. It is made as clear as daylight actually. So yes. In short, we are done.

However, I feel rather bad, seeing the end of XY. It was the best saga in my eyes, and the traveling companions were so good. More importantly, Serena was a character I really liked. And to see her go, well. It does pinch, even if AmourShipping was made canon.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
So for the people who were worried about Serena leaving first, are you still concerned about it now? haha!

This is proof that Serena leaving first does not make a difference. It just make her more bold if she's doing it in front of everyone which was priceless. Maybe that's what the writers planned too.

Pikachu's reaction says that his buddy finally got kissed by a girl on the lips.
Clemont's like did she really do that?
Bonnie: the main wingman for Serena!

Last edited:

AshSerena

So I watched the episode just now. And wow. It was probably the best farewell episode ever. Every thing was on point. Of course, my bias may be involved in this owing to a certain event of interest for us. xD

There's one good point to note here, there was never any mention of Alola. Every other end episode spoke of the next region, and every other saga showcased at least one Pokemon from the next generation. None of that was done. But that's something else.

As for AmourShipping, I think we can safely call it canon. Yes some say semi canon, some say ambiguous. But there is more than enough certainty regarding the kiss, when frankly, there was no evidence of it- be it a kiss on the cheek or the lips. It wasn't shown. We are content with making the safest assumption there. So I will make the safest assumption here. AmourShipping is canon in my eyes.

As for Serena calling Ash her goal, it means she sees living a life with him as her goal. She told Palermo that she likes making people happy. Today, she made it more specific. She likes making people; and more specifically Ash happy. It's evident that by calling him her goal, she means that she intends to marry him at one point and live a life with him.

Ash's silence and facial expression; or in other words, circumstantial evidence, points to him accepting her feelings. It is made as clear as daylight actually. So yes. In short, we are done.

However, I feel rather bad, seeing the end of XY. It was the best saga in my eyes, and the traveling companions were so good. More importantly, Serena was a character I really liked. And to see her go, well. It does pinch, even if AmourShipping was made canon.

im kinda sad when you said we are done.. cause i feel its not over yet we still not getting answer from Ash and also about Serena saying till they meet again, she will become more and more attractive lady But!

If Serena returning for Sun and Moon and that scene is like it never happen, i go with this ending and not to ask her returning xD

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Congratulations, guys :)

Even if I stopped supporting Amourshipping (and still don't support it as of today), the whole thing was a rollercoaster for me as well. The fact that it was made so obvious so early on how Serena felt about Ash got the ride started (at least for me).

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
YEEEAH WE WON XD.

RIP PAGES...

Okay, let's be honest, the writers finally didn't troll us... But they put us in a corner.
Ash is still a brick xD. 'What happened?' I'm actually hoping for something in SM but it doesn't actually fit the style. Gen 8 hype

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Of course, if she never appears again in the show, and Ash never brings up her name, then it would be rather pointless.

Wonder how many elevator smooch fanarts are being made right now.

I'm more in wonder of how often now the not-so-mature side of the Amourshipping fanbase (not this side of course :) ) is going to "stick it to" or perhaps even attack/harass non-supporters.

My worries actually makes me thankful for the folks in this thread ^^;

Hys7eriX

...Okay, so I was at least right in that I was quite sure the writers didn't have the guts to sink the ship. That's... about it. I'd hoped that there would be at least something acknowledging Serena's love for Ash before the end. But... whoa. I was not expecting this! This was totally a scenario I wouldn't dare let myself even hope for! Man...

And something that I also really love, even if you set the Amourshipping aspect of the kiss aside (She totally kissed his lips, btw. JUST SAYING), I also really love what the kiss showed us about Serena's character. This girl who once couldn't even bring herself to hold her crush's hand when she had a prime opportunity to do so got to a point where she became bold enough to make such an affectionate gesture to Ash, and in front of their friends too! Damn, I am so gonna miss this girl!

But yeah, I know there are gonna be naysayers being like "IT DOESN'T COUNT, MAN!" and other stuff, but screw it. For me, Amour just went canon. Now I need to do something about this uncontrollable grin. My face is actually starting to hurt from this. XD

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Oh man...so how many times have you guys watched the scene? Hahaha. I stillllllllll can't believe what happened this morning honestly, it's so surreal right now.

I honestly don't think it's the end of Serena for good, you can think that since she kissed Ash, that completes her story, but remember that she isn't going to Johto. Serena is going to be traveling around and at the very least we'll get a cameo.

Also guys, since this just happened and Twitter is exploding...think about it this way. Don't you think that in the future if they hint a Serena return, there would be a huge interest/hype among a lot of people because of what we just witnessed. People are going to tune into that future episode to see what happens with Serena and Amourshipping. So I actually think her kissing Ash gives her more of a chance to return than if she didn't, that's my logic.