• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Genaller

Silver Soul
My guess is that Serena will either reunite with Ash for some episodes or will get a special (like Iris) showcasing her Hoenn exploits or (hopefully) both.

Psychotic

NotLikeThis
Let us face the reality: This moning: Page 90. Now 97. New members/returning members to the ship: +-50. This was the greatest explosion of this thread since Amour V1. It's actually funny that only a few remained positive all this time. All the others just came back because of, today. The bad thing actually I think they won't show her in Alola because that would change everything. It just doesn't fit it because it's a comedy. I rather see her back in Gen 8 where Ash finally wins a league or so and stops his career for Serena. Although I'm not sure if Ash is still a brick because he's more confused than anything else.

Hey now, we didn't all leave because we had lost hope or anything. Personally, I took a break because this thread was being Nazi super modded (by both actual mods and mini mods) and it got on my nerves.

As for the topic of Serena's future, I think we all know deep down the chances of her making a non brief cameo comeback is very slim. If gen 7 does poorly(worse than XY) , enough people beg for Serena and the higher ups are willing to listen, we may have a chance.

Red Pheonix

Ash is taller than Serena, confirmed. For all who said Serena was taller xD. LMAO

Can someone explain Ash's face in the picture he quoted?

Oh yeah, I think our motto, actually both of our mottos, "Never give up till the end!" and "High hopes, low expectations." is taking retirement. Amourshipping has reached it's end. You could say "Serena4Alola!" but it's not like they will make Ash blatantly fall over Serena or they will marry each other or something.

@phycotic lol nazi super modded. I understand where you're coming from. But you should have told something about it.

Last edited:

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I am technically a supporter of Pokeshipping and Advanceshipping also I don't care for the anime anymore (I'm weird I know), but I will admit you guys got a good win in here with the latest episode .

However, and when I say this I am NOT trying to start a fight or anything bad, but I would like to point out that considering at how thick headed Ash is, and the fact the writer's are "secretly" evil, chances are he will still view Serena as a friend. But if she appears in Alola and Ash introduces her as his girlfriend then I shall admit defeat.

That doesn't mean I won't stop supporting Pokeshipping and Advanceshipping, why? because I find those ships fun that's all.

All in all good for you Amourshippers you got a win in there :)

Red Pheonix

I am technically a supporter of Pokeshipping and Advanceshipping also I don't care for the anime anymore (I'm weird I know), but I will admit you guys got a good win in here with the latest episode .

However, and when I say this I am NOT trying to start a fight or anything bad, but I would like to point out that considering at how thick headed Ash is, and the fact the writer's are "secretly" evil, chances are he will still view Serena as a friend. But if she appears in Alola and Ash introduces her as his girlfriend then I shall admit defeat.

That doesn't mean I won't stop supporting Pokeshipping and Advanceshipping, why? because I find those ships fun that's all.

Win or not, Serena kissed Ash and Ash was dumbfounded. That's what I care. I'm glad that you still enjoy your ship and I'm glad that we got that kiss.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Win or not, Serena kissed Ash and Ash was dumbfounded. That's what I care. I'm glad that you still enjoy your ship and I'm glad that we got that kiss.

Dumbfounded + "uh what just happened". Bonnie, Clemont, Pikachu, and Dedenne's collective reactions were just golden though.

Hey now, we didn't all leave because we had lost hope or anything. Personally, I took a break because this thread was being Nazi super modded (by both actual mods and mini mods) and it got on my nerves.

I have a bone to pick with some of the mods, because I swear that I wasn't spamming anything UNRELATED to Amour. Heck, it helped spur some conversation... but whatever.

1. Fellow [lowkey] Pokeshipper here.

2. He's a friggin' log that is dense as dense can be. But, I'm still going to reach out on a limb here and say that Serena is the ultimate endgame for Ashy-boy.

-----

So is anyone here gonna mention how Bonnie's pigtail went the opposite way and defied gravity during the kiss scene?

Last edited:

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
Now that the XY series has finally concluded....... what now? Where do we go from here? It's not like Serena is coming back to Alola, even if she is it wouldn't be anytime soon. So what do we do now?

Red Pheonix

Dumbfounded + "uh what just happened". Bonnie, Clemont, Pikachu, and Dedenne's collective reactions were just golden though.

I have a bone to pick with some of the mods, because I swear that I wasn't spamming anything UNRELATED to Amour. Heck, it helped spur some conversation... but whatever.

1. Fellow [lowkey] Pokeshipper here.

2. He's a friggin' log that is dense as dense can be. But, I'm still going to reach out on a limb here and say that Serena is the ultimate endgame for Ashy-boy.

I still can't get Clemont's reaction out of my head. It was full red. He beat Serena in the tomato department.

Hey, don't go around starting a civil war in such a happy day........

With Serena saying Ash is her goal, she'll damn make sure she is Ash's endgame.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Now that the XY series has finally concluded....... what now? Where do we go from here? It's not like Serena is coming back to Alola, even if she is it wouldn't be anytime soon. So what do we do now?

I'm still gonna think that S/M is either an alternate universe or a prequel, because I really don't think that Ash can forget (in an instant) about Serena, Clemont, Bonnie, Flare, and the entire XY saga. But if for some reason the writers decide to pull another B/W intro and have Pikachu's powers be sucked out in the beginning or something, that can explain why he's a noob once more. But if anything, Pikachu can become a God in about a season or so, and I'd expect that Ash is still the Ash that we've grown to love as a character (from XY).

As for "what we do now", I'd think that we're better off waiting for a tad for S/M to see if anything happens at all.

Incest Emblem

Ash is taller than Serena, confirmed. For all who said Serena was taller xD. LMAO
That may just be because Serena was leaning forward, while Ash was standing straight. She may have bent her body slightly to maintain her balance as well, further contributing to reducing the height of her head in that shot.

plxtreme

Love is in the Amour
So here's an interesting theory posted on pokemon-matome.net on where Serena kissed Ash:

The flight that Serena will be taking to Hoenn is Latias Airline Flight H71. Remember that back from Movie 5, it was the event with Latios and Latias that led to the kissing scene with Ash and Latias/Bianca.

H71, if we look at the new Hoenn Pokedex, and go down to #71, you'll get Mawile. Mawile's Japanese name is Kuchiito, which sound very similar to Kuchito, or "on the mouth" in certain contexts.

In other words, the Pokemon staff's message was likely "Serena kissed on the mouth".

It's just a theory posted by the users there, so take it with a grain of salt!

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Can someone explain Ash's face in the picture he quoted?

Oh yeah, I think our motto, actually both of our mottos, "Never give up till the end!" and "High hopes, low expectations." is taking retirement. Amourshipping has reached it's end. You could say "Serena4Alola!" but it's not like they will make Ash blatantly fall over Serena or they will marry each other or something.

@phycotic lol nazi super modded. I understand where you're coming from. But you should have told something about it.

Since when is this the end? :p It's just the beginning dude! This is the first step to a relationship. But IRL I really can't see anyone who just kisses someone to express their love. But the writers probably didn't know how to pull off a good conversation so maybe just a kiss + Ash's confusesness. I think it's also sad because this actually hitted the other ships with a nuke. (Not trying to bash). Actually I couldn't imagine in my wildest dreams there was gonna be a kiss, because kissing is not the first thing you expect from a kids show (even they hided it because reasons), I'm sure all the kids in Japan still knew what happened ;). And lol:'You are my goal Ash', I think I'm the first one who thougt that that was her main goal:

CALLED IT!

( From the other side it means probably Kalos Queen was her subgoal :p)

Red Pheonix

Since when is this the end? :p It's just the beginning dude! This is the first step to a relationship. But IRL I really can't see anyone who just kisses someone to express their love. But the writers probably didn't know how to pull off a good conversation so maybe just a kiss + Ash's confusesness. I think it's also sad because this actually hitted the other ships with a nuke. (Not trying to bash). Actually I couldn't imagine in my wildest dreams there was gonna be a kiss, because kissing is not the first thing you expect from a kids show (even they hided it because reasons), I'm sure all the kids in Japan still knew what happened ;). And lol:'You are my goal Ash', I think I'm the first one who thougt that that was her main goal:

CALLED IT!

Ending for us. Otherwise, Serena is dead serious about Ash and she'll damn make sure to attract Ash.......eventually.

Let's not bring other ships here. For non shippers from other ships, know that Ash's feelings for Serena is still unclear. Now be happy.

No, she has two goals. Both equally important. Ash and tomato Kalos Queen.

I never got expected this much talk about where Serena is kissing. Actually I want to hear arguments from the "on the cheeks" camp.

Last edited:

lane

A Giant Goldfish
I still can't get Clemont's reaction out of my head. It was full red. He beat Serena in the tomato department.

Hey, don't go around starting a civil war in such a happy day........

With Serena saying Ash is her goal, she'll damn make sure she is Ash's endgame.

1. But he didn't turn into Mt. Torkoal yet.

2. Shh. Just a lowkey Pokeshipper who likes Amour more because it's basically canonised from one side, and some acceptance (implied) from the other.

3. Well, dunno about you, but that kinda cheapens the entire Performance thing just a bit, though I think that she does love to make people happy - but most of all, Ash.

So here's an interesting theory posted on pokemon-matome.net on where Serena kissed Ash:

The flight that Serena will be taking to Hoenn is Latias Airline Flight H71. Remember that back from Movie 5, it was the event with Latios and Latias that led to the kissing scene with Ash and Latias/Bianca.

H71, if we look at the new Hoenn Pokedex, and go down to #71, you'll get Mawile. Mawile's Japanese name is Kuchiito, which sound very similar to Kuchito, or "on the mouth" in certain contexts.

In other words, the Pokemon staff's message was likely "Serena kissed on the mouth".

Jesus, the theories are crazier by the second... no offence. It's just kinda funny how deeply people look into this. Why not just keep it simple and acknowledge that she kissed him on the lips? :)

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Ending for us. Otherwise, Serena is dead serious about Ash and she'll damn make sure to attract Ash.......eventually.

Let's not bring other ships here. For non shippers from other ships, know that Ash's feelings for Serena is still unclear. Now be happy.

No, she has two goals. Both equally important. Ash and tomato Kalos Queen.

I never got expected this much talk about where Serena is kissing. Actually I want to hear arguments from the "on the cheeks" camp.

1. Eventually. She's the endgame in my book.

2. Hi, I'm a Pokeshipper [on the downlow].

4. Well, she's a hair taller than Ash is, but she also has to compensate for the moving escalator that's pulling her back, as well as the slight ledge that Ash is standing on. It means that she has to lean forward, which decreases her vertical height, as well as tiptoe just a slight bit (as shown in the scene), in order to kiss him on the lips. I think that it's justifiable (I'm an applied physics and art student).

CALLED IT!

1. Well, she's kinda French, so I guess that it can be interpreted such that French people are much more okay with kissing (though lip kissing is probably still a highly romantic thing compared to cheek kissing, which is a form of respectful greeting)?

2. Sorry not sorry to the other ships, but they've been kinda... dead/inactive for a while. Amour has a huge hype because it's still current (not anymore, at the moment).

3. I always thought that her goal to get together with Ash and her other goal of becoming Kalos Queen went hand-in-hand, so that was a pleasant surprise for me.

Nah. It's a Class "A" at the most.

I'd say it was a heavy Class A or a Class S for Serena, but a low Class A/high Class B for Ash. It seems like he knows that he's special to her.

Psychotic

NotLikeThis
Amourshipping fandom right now: https://67.media.tumblr.com/db8e01227035476de221ef3b9acb083c/tumblr_nqf9vmt4Dd1spuduuo1_500.gif

Man, I love this theory but that is some national treasure level ****. I really doubt they did all of that on purpose as some kind of subtle message.

lane

A Giant Goldfish