• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

3vr1m

Im not sure but isnt there going to be another Movie for the xyz season ? Do you guys think there will be any hints in that ? Well, since it has to be before the kiss there shouldnt be any references to it. Anyway, it would be nice to see further interactions between Ash and Serena bevore we go into a very looooong brake.

Last edited:

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Im not sure but isnt there going to be another Movie for the xyz season ? Do you guys think there will be any hints in that ? Well, since it has to be bevore the kiss there shouldnt be any references to it. Anyway, it would be nice to see further interactions between Ash and Serena bevore we go into a very looooong brake.

Who knows, but I'm starting to think XYZ special is about Serena. So we can still hope for that. And I realized something in the comment section of youtube (they sometimes put usefull comments in there) That Serena says :'I'm going to be a more attractive Woman', she doesn't say girl so that means the next time they meet is when they're grown up. Or is it just because je calls herself mature enough to be a woman? Pratically she's max 14 and at least 10 but she acts like 16-20, very professional. So IDK let me know what you think.

Who knows, but I'm starting to think XYZ special is about Serena. So we can still hope for that. And I realized something in the comment section of youtube (they sometimes put usefull comments in there) That Serena says :'I'm going to be a more attractive Woman', she doesn't say girl so that means the next time they meet is when they're grown up. Or is it just because je calls herself mature enough to be a woman? Pratically she's max 14 and at least 10 but she acts like 16-20, very professional. So IDK let me know what you think.

Maybe they are actually not 10, may be at the start of BW, Ash said he was ten years old because he simply forget how old he is and how long he has been on a journey since he started at the age of ten. XD

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Well I was waiting for things to calm down in here before posting this so it doesn't lost in the pages lol. Anyway, this is my final thoughts on xyz47 and if Amour is canon or not:

When Serena tells Ash, "you are my goal," and "next time we meet, I'll become a more attractive woman," there was mixed reactions and some overreactions to this. For me personally, this was obviously Serena's way of confessing to Ash. Serena knew she was going to be leaving and didn't want to leave w/out telling Ash how she felt about him. I think she says this because it was a way for Ash to understand what she means by it. Gauging by his reaction, he was taken back by it, but I think he understood what she meant because of the fist he makes, which is like a trademark thing for him. Being a Serena fan first and foremost, I didn't like the attractive line at first because it undermines her character in way, like she's saying she isn't good enough for him, but then I looked at it from a different point of view. I think Serena may have been intentionally planting a seed into Ash's brain to again make him understand and the next time they meet, he'll look at her in a different light. The infamous wink came into play here too. Also, it could just simply mean that Serena was going to become a better overall person too.

So at this point, Ash kind of understands what Serena meant. As Serena is going down the escalator Ash steps forward to see her leave while the others stand their ground behind him. This was real interesting because it seemed liked the writers purposely put in Ash in that position to set up what was to come next. As she's going down, she probably thinks to herself, "I really do like him, ahh what the heck, let's go for it!" So she asks Ash for one last moment and Ash, Clemont, Bonnie, and Pikachu reacts "wait, what is she doing?" Serena runs up and kisses him and yes it was a kiss, most likely on the lips which is why they didn't show it and then the reactions to follow: The whole world is stunned, Clemont is stunned, Bonnie and Pikachu react, "Omg, that's so awesome," and before she leans in, Ash "wait! what is she...?" It happens and Ash is left in a dazed state, like he was in the Pokevision episode when Serena was in the costume. Serena is blushing like crazy and smiling and she says thank you. Ash's eyes are glistening, he sighs, and he smiles, which to me means he liked it. Was it enough for him to have romantic feelings? I don't know. Bonnie also with the wink and fist pump. The plane takes off and he makes the same comment he made when Serena lost her first Tripokalon, that she's strong and not to worry basically. I honestly would like to see if Ash tells his mother about this.

So does Ash have more than friendly feelings toward Serena? I think Serena holds a special place in his heart, but the extent of his feelings remains unknown still imo, which is why I can't fully call this ship canon yet. I mean it's definitely the closest ship to a canon state, but I would've liked to see a more blatent "hint" from Ash before saying it is. My heart says it's canon because of the way Ash has treated Serena throughout this series and I'm a hopeless romantic, but my brain doesn't. I apologize if that upsets people here, but I'm just being honest. If there was more genuine moments like the river scene, snowball scene, night after the Master Class, XYZ45, etc...I'd have different feelings possibly, but we needed more of those imo. Anyway, that's my thoughts, take it for what you will. I'll still be poking around in here from time to time to see what's happening.

CDVEN

Average Trainer

I think it's because she said woman because of the fact that girls mature faster that boys. But then again, she might be just teasing Ash.

Logically, they both would be 12-13 years old if we count each episodes aired so far as days. Although the writers stubbornly says Ash is 10, one thing for sure is that he doesn't act one in XYZ. It is quite interesting how the XY series doesn't mention any of their ages at all.

Well I was waiting for things to calm down in here before posting this so it doesn't lost in the pages lol. Anyway, this is my final thoughts on xyz47 and if Amour is canon or not:

When Serena tells Ash, "you are my goal," and "next time we meet, I'll become a more attractive woman," there was mixed reactions and some overreactions to this. For me personally, this was obviously Serena's way of confessing to Ash. Serena knew she was going to be leaving and didn't want to leave w/out telling Ash how she felt about him. I think she says this because it was a way for Ash to understand what she means by it. Gauging by his reaction, he was taken back by it, but I think he understood what she meant because of the fist he makes, which is like a trademark thing for him. Being a Serena fan first and foremost, I didn't like the attractive line at first because it undermines her character in way, like she's saying she isn't good enough for him, but then I looked at it from a different point of view. I think Serena may have been intentionally planting a seed into Ash's brain to again make him understand and the next time they meet, he'll look at her in a different light. The infamous wink came into play here too. Also, it could just simply mean that Serena was going to become a better overall person too.

So at this point, Ash kind of understands what Serena meant. As Serena is going down the escalator Ash steps forward to see her leave while the others stand their ground behind him. This was real interesting because it seemed liked the writers purposely put in Ash in that position to set up what was to come next. As she's going down, she probably thinks to herself, "I really do like him, ahh what the heck, let's go for it!" So she asks Ash for one last moment and Ash, Clemont, Bonnie, and Pikachu reacts "wait, what is she doing?" Serena runs up and kisses him and yes it was a kiss, most likely on the lips which is why they didn't show it and then the reactions to follow: The whole world is stunned, Clemont is stunned, Bonnie and Pikachu react, "Omg, that's so awesome," and before she leans in, Ash "wait! what is she...?" It happens and Ash is left in a dazed state, like he was in the Pokevision episode when Serena was in the costume. Serena is blushing like crazy and smiling and she says thank you. Ash's eyes are glistening, he sighs, and he smiles, which to me means he liked it. Was it enough for him to have romantic feelings? I don't know. Bonnie also with the wink and fist pump. The plane takes off and he makes the same comment he made when Serena lost her first Tripokalon, that she's strong and not to worry basically. I honestly would like to see if Ash tells his mother about this.

So does Ash have more than friendly feelings toward Serena? I think Serena holds a special place in his heart, but the extent of his feelings remains unknown still imo, which is why I can't fully call this ship canon yet. I mean it's definitely the closest ship to a canon state, but I would've liked to see a more blatent "hint" from Ash before saying it is. My heart says it's canon because of the way Ash has treated Serena throughout this series and I'm a hopeless romantic, but my brain doesn't. I apologize if that upsets people here, but I'm just being honest. If there was more genuine moments like the river scene, snowball scene, night after the Master Class, XYZ45, etc...I'd have different feelings possibly, but we needed more of those imo. Anyway, that's my thoughts, take it for what you will. I'll still be poking around in here from time to time to see what's happening.

Since Ash is already focused on his next adventure, I don't think Ash would brought up the kiss to Delia unless something prompts him to remember it like in Alola where one of his classmates about love or something similar to that.

Right now, I'd say his feelings for Serena is starting to bloom, hence his hormones starting to kick in.

Last edited:

Red Pheonix

Think of it this way, this is Ash's first romantic experience. Do you really expect him to suddenly be lovey-dovey over Serena? He's just figuring out his feelings. And not to mention, Serena planted a seed in Ash's mind with that kiss. That alone puts a step above "no feelings" or "unchanged" status.

Also regarding the attractive woman part, I'm not the only one who felt that line was wierd. I thought of it this way. She's teasing Ash. She's implying that she will become more pretty when they re-unite and she will become irresistable and Ash will like her. It was said on a more lighthearted note than anything.

Heekful

im new to this fred aneyway i love armor xyz 47 was the best armor hint

AMOUR* please I'm french and seeing this hurt my eyes.

No body really notice it but after the kiss and when Serena's plane was leaving during the Clemont and Ash interactions , Ash didn't really look at Clemont he was looking on the floor during like 4-5 sec , he sounds like he was lost in his mind , Serena kicked his hormones so hard lol.

Red Pheonix

AMOUR* please I'm french and seeing this hurt my eyes.

No body really notice it but after the kiss and when Serena's plane was leaving during the Clemont and Ash interactions , Ash didn't really look at Clemont he was looking on the floor during like 4-5 sec , he sounds like he was lost in his mind , Serena kicked his hormones so hard lol.

Or already kicked. If we consider that flashback.............

It's kinda natural to look at something else after you got kissed by a girl for the very first time. Ashy boy was probably flying in the sky for all we know.

Link73

I think Serena was from more to less subtle with each of her final interactions to Ash at the airport:

- "You are my goal" would be seen as "I want to become someone like you", taking all Amour issues apart.
- "I want to become more charming/attactive/better for you when we meet next time" goes less subtle but still subtle (side note: I think Clemont smiled in there because she got it as a "Better for you" statement; as part of the #Knows clique, Bonnie got it on a fully Amour context i.e. Become more attractive to him).
- "Ash, Can I have one last thing? [OhmyfreakingArceusShekissedhim.gif]" was something no subtle at all and gives a fully romantic context to what she said before (the collective surprise was because it was something that not even the most diehard shipper on the series would imagine to happen*)
- "Thank You [for letting me tell you what I feel about you, Ash y Boy]!": Say no more, all the previous things allowed me to add that to her final line.

--------------
*About this, I would like to ask you guys something: For you, Who was the main shipper-on-deck during the series?
For me, I can't decide between Shauna (for addressing the "You-Like-Ash-Don't-You?" issue to Serena directly without being "a real menace" like Miette -I never Saw Miette as an Amour menace- and Bonnie (because she could be able to see 99+% of Serena-Ash interactions and her final "Yess, you did it!" fist pump reaction after The Kiss)

Last edited:

Ririka

Fairy Trainer
*pops in*

To fully understand what Serena says, it's a bit harder than just translating from japanese to english, since usually a lot of context is taken out of those.

So basically, when Serena says "Motto motto miryokuteki no josei ni naru kara!" (which if roughly translated we got that attractive women thingy) it's sort of a reference to Satoshi's usual "Motto motto tsuyoku nareru!(I'll become much stronger!). When japanese people use that line though, you can never take it on face value alone, cause it usually means she wants to improve as a human being, that's why she doesn't put emphasis on being "a better performer" but rather, "a charming woman".

She said that as a follow up from saying "Ash, you're my goal" which means she wants to be someone like him, as she idolizes him. Hence why Clemont and Bonnie understand with the smile, cause Serena actually confesses to them (about idolizing him) during the Ash-Serena fight episode. This is the first time Ash hears it from Serena (despite being told an 'amazing person' often by her) so he's a bit taken a back with it, and then smile. In a way, yes, it feels like a confession that Ash would understand, cause Serena's wording is again, similar to Ash, using "watashi no mokuhyou" much like how Ash usually pronounce it using word "mokuhyou".

There was some sort of fuss about this in the episode thread cause people claiming the writers sexist or something, which is kinda silly. All you need is to understand how japanese culture and language is much complex and you can never translate them without missing the context a bit. So for people who used to watch a lot of japanese dramas or live there for sometime, it's easier to find these context.

*pops out*

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
I think Serena was from more to less subtle with each of her final interactions to Ash at the airport:

- "You are my goal" would be seen as "I want to become someone like you", taking all Amour issues apart.
- "I want to become more charming/attactive/better for you when we meet next time" goes less subtle but still subtle (side note: I think Clemont smiled in there because she got it as a "Better for you" statement; as part of the #Knows clique, Bonnie got it on a fully Amour context i.e. Become more attractive to him).
- "Ash, Can I have one last thing? [OhmyfreakingArceusShekissedhim.gif]" was something no subtle at all and gives a fully romantic context to what she said before (the collective surprise was because it was something that not even the most diehard shipper on the series would imagine to happen*)
- "Thank You [for letting me tell you what I feel about you, Asy Boy]!": Say no more, all the previous things allowed me to add that to her final line.

*About this, I would like to ask you guys something: For you, Who was the main shipper-on-deck during the series?
For me, I can't decide between Shauna (for addressing the "You-Like-Ash-Don't-You?" issue to Serena directly without being "a real menace" like Miette -I never Saw Miette as an Amour menace- and Bonnie (because she could be able to see 99+% of Serena-Ash interactions and her final "Yess, you did it!" fist pump reaction after The Kiss)

I 500% agree with Bonnie. I still can't believe the writers putted tath fist pump in their. I'm still laughing. It was so funny. It was more like 'Mission succeeded!' Even though she didn't push the ship but teased it a couple times. For me Bonnie was the real shipper in the series, Miette was just their for the gag and Shauna was more like her BFF and BFF tease eachother with stuff like 'You like him huh?'. It was meant to be a gossip but it went quite loud xD.

Guys, I think you're all gonna wanna see this tweet courtesy of AshSerena (thanks again!): https://twitter.com/AshandSerena/sta...10131460956160
I have to admit the number of playback on media is kinda wrong. There's a video with about 600k views already and another one with 400k so that's already a million so 600k is too less (maybe this is a number from yesterday) and as far I know media spreads with a exponential growth which means it could be 2 million tomorrow already. And you know if it even hit's sites like www.Polygon.com you know how big this is :)

Last edited:

Motor Bug2005

I have to admit the number of playback on media is kinda wrong. There's a video with about 600k views already and another one with 400k so that's already a million so 600k is too less (maybe this is a number from yesterday) and as far I know media spreads with a exponential growth which means it could be 2 million tomorrow already. And you know if it even hit's sites like www.Polyogn.com you know how big this is :)

AshSerena says that the statistics he's translated are for the one video posted by hadenshi (the poster he mentions in his tweet) but yeah, the overall figure across Twitter will be much, much greater.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
I went back and watched XYZ047 again, without me only replaying 'that' scene. I manage to notice Serena had touched her ribbon that Ash had given her. She then said:
"Ash, I'm so happy that I went on this journey."
I thought it was pretty cool since it meant that she remembered her first date (it still counts as a date) with Ash and how she developed as a person.

I'm glad that the writers didn't decide for Serena to give up on Ash. I mean, he's the most important person in Serena's life and the real reason why she become who she is now.
You can't just simply forget that person so easily and give up on them especially with that much influence on her.

Anyways, on another note, when the writers told us to watch the whole series completely, was it supposed to be up until XYZ047 or did they also mean for us to "watch" the special episodes too.
After all, the XYZ series isn't technically finished yet. There might be something else hidden behind those tweets of theirs. Either that or I'm getting too suspicious of things.

rfpitagoras

ObsesiveAmourshipper
I think is the feet, rathertah the eyes for 2 reasons:

1 the camara panning at the feet during kiss is comon in kids shows durin a kiss, and i thonk it's almost cliche at this point, so yes the kiss was on the lips

2 to now how ash felt apart from his eyes and flashbacks we have his feet: the dact serena was being pushed away by the escalator is genious b/c ir it made serna have to lean foward ro prolongue it. Ash also leaned foward

Btw somoe purposed serena getting a cosplay pikachu, but what if she got a different pokemon cosplayng AS pikachu? I mean mimikyu is already popular enough so it's lilely to apear in the anime

Red Pheonix

*pops in*

To fully understand what Serena says, it's a bit harder than just translating from japanese to english, since usually a lot of context is taken out of those.

So basically, when Serena says "Motto motto miryokuteki no josei ni naru kara!" (which if roughly translated we got that attractive women thingy) it's sort of a reference to Satoshi's usual "Motto motto tsuyoku nareru!(I'll become much stronger!). When japanese people use that line though, you can never take it on face value alone, cause it usually means she wants to improve as a human being, that's why she doesn't put emphasis on being "a better performer" but rather, "a charming woman".

She said that as a follow up from saying "Ash, you're my goal" which means she wants to be someone like him, as she idolizes him. Hence why Clemont and Bonnie understand with the smile, cause Serena actually confesses to them (about idolizing him) during the Ash-Serena fight episode. This is the first time Ash hears it from Serena (despite being told an 'amazing person' often by her) so he's a bit taken a back with it, and then smile. In a way, yes, it feels like a confession that Ash would understand, cause Serena's wording is again, similar to Ash, using "watashi no mokuhyou" much like how Ash usually pronounce it using word "mokuhyou".

There was some sort of fuss about this in the episode thread cause people claiming the writers sexist or something, which is kinda silly. All you need is to understand how japanese culture and language is much complex and you can never translate them without missing the context a bit. So for people who used to watch a lot of japanese dramas or live there for sometime, it's easier to find these context.

*pops out*

Well, we can't ignore the Amour context either. Remember that Serena is saying this to Ash, her crush, one final time before she leaves him for a long time. Not to mention, with the kiss taken into account, she definitely had romantic thoughts when she was saying that. I say that she intended double meaning, like how we often do that.

But yeah, the sexist stuff is BS. She kissed Ashy boy in front of her friends and went on a journey on her own right after that. How the hell is she being portrayed as a weak woman who needs help?

CDVEN

Average Trainer
Well, we can't ignore the Amour context either. Remember that Serena is saying this to Ash, her crush, one final time before she leaves him for a long time. Not to mention, with the kiss taken into account, she definitely had romantic thoughts when she was saying that. I say that she intended double meaning, like how we often do that.

But yeah, the sexist stuff is BS. She kissed Ashy boy in front of her friends and went on a journey on her own right after that. How the hell is she being portrayed as a weak woman who needs help?
Not to mention the kiss she gave him was on the lips.
It's nice that Serena told him in a way that Ash would understand. I guess she knows that a straight out "I love you" would make him confused. Basically, she was cracking Ash's density like an egg.

What's with the whole sexist thing? She's now a strong and independent woman who isn't afraid to try new things and kiss Ash anytime she wants

Speaking of kiss, I wonder how Ash would react if Serena kisses him again the next time they meet up?

Last edited:

AshSerena

*pops in*

*pops out*

I think only people who say that Serena saying "I'll become more and more attractive woman" is "Sexist" are people from that thread, most are people who hates her or amourshipping
but i agree with you, its more like she wants to improve as a better person,(they give this different meaning lol..)

about the Ash-Serena fight episode, i think what she said there is "akogare" which means she admired him ,and follow up by Clemont saying he feels the same too
but this time she use the word "mokuhyou" which means Goal, and why Clemont and Bonnie smile during that scene is because maybe they already aware about Serena crush on Ash, or not maybe but 100% fully aware

but its also true what you said that it also means she wants to be someone like him , this word often use in anime (if i remember Naruto said this before to Sasuke in Naruto series?not sure)
but after that kiss, its really hard to say...

but either way, i see its a confession from Serena to Ash,

i think people who saying "sexist" is people who hates amourshipping or her character after that episode,
it was good ending imo

Last edited:

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
I think only people who say that Serena saying "I'll become more and more attractive woman" is "Sexist" are people from that thread, most are people who hates her or amourshipping
but i agree with you, its more like she wants to improve as a better person,(they give this different meaning lol..)

about the Ash-Serena fight episode, i think what she said there is "akogare" which means she admired him ,and follow up by Clemont saying he feels the same too
but this time she use the word "mokuhyou" which means Goal, and why Clemont and Bonnie smile during that scene is because maybe they already aware about Serena crush on Ash, or not maybe but 100% fully aware

but its also true what you said that it also means she wants to be someone like him , this word often use in anime (if i remember Naruto said this before to Sasuke in Naruto series?not sure)
but after that kiss, its really hard to say...

but either way, i see its a confession from Serena to Ash,

i think people who saying "sexist" is people who hates amourshipping or her character after that episode,
it was good ending imo

I somewhere on Twitter saw that someone asked a Japanese friend who didn't watch the Animé to translate it, and it was clearly she meant 'better person' and not attractive. Better could be attractive but also better as in stronger. But people see it as attractive because of her crush. If they were normal friends ithey would definitely see it different.

And about the goal part, it could be polysemic. Maybe she means that's she wants to become strong as Ash, that he's her idealistic character, and if she means goal as partner, yes it could also be possible but it seems to throw away her other goal.