• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Well, hey guys. We're back up and running! So, to all my fellow Amourshippers out there, I'll kick off our discussions with a fun little question to keep us rolling on topic!

How would the ship have changed if Ash remembered meeting Serena at Summer Camp right away?
t ash and serena wold have a better cemasty

volcanionmaster123

I went back and watched XYZ047 again, without me only replaying 'that' scene. I manage to notice Serena had touched her ribbon that Ash had given her. She then said:
"Ash, I'm so happy that I went on this journey."
I thought it was pretty cool since it meant that she remembered her first date (it still counts as a date) with Ash and how she developed as a person.

I'm glad that the writers didn't decide for Serena to give up on Ash. I mean, he's the most important person in Serena's life and the real reason why she become who she is now.
You can't just simply forget that person so easily and give up on them especially with that much influence on her.

Anyways, on another note, when the writers told us to watch the whole series completely, was it supposed to be up until XYZ047 or did they also mean for us to "watch" the special episodes too.
After all, the XYZ series isn't technically finished yet. There might be something else hidden behind those tweets of theirs. Either that or I'm getting too suspicious of things.

He might be talking about XYZ47 but they're welcome to prove me wrong

As for the sexist thing, without sharing my opinion, I'll say this, at the end of the day, this is just a kid's show, who cares lol. It's the writers' choice on what they do. As long as they don't go TOO far, which definitely wasn't the case this time, then I have no problems. I'd rather not see any of the SJW bull**** on here, that garbage belongs on social media

AshSerena

I somewhere on Twitter saw that someone asked a Japanese friend who didn't watch the Animé to translate it, and it was clearly she meant 'better person' and not attractive. Better could be attractive but also better as in stronger. But people see it as attractive because of her crush. If they were normal friends ithey would definitely see it different.

And about the goal part, it could be polysemic. Maybe she means that's she wants to become strong as Ash, that he's her idealistic character, and if she means goal as partner, yes it could also be possible but it seems to throw away her other goal.

its really hard to explain, there is alot meaning about that word, it might be "attractive" or "charming" or "better person"
but when she said "attractive woman" "みりょくてき" i think what Serena means is to become a better person,

i guess it depends of what people think about this word? it just people mistaken this word as "sexist"

Last edited:

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
I somewhere on Twitter saw that someone asked a Japanese friend who didn't watch the Animé to translate it, and it was clearly she meant 'better person' and not attractive. Better could be attractive but also better as in stronger. But people see it as attractive because of her crush. If they were normal friends ithey would definitely see it different.

And about the goal part, it could be polysemic. Maybe she means that's she wants to become strong as Ash, that he's her idealistic character, and if she means goal as partner, yes it could also be possible but it seems to throw away her other goal.

Interesting, I thought that sounds like the appropriate action for Serena but in this case, it's could be portrayed as a love interest thing. I'm swaying for the latter option.

I'll ask a person who speak Japanese about it too. Although, that would take me half a day to find out...

CDVEN

Average Trainer

I don't think it would throw away her other goal if she meant that she wants to be with Ash. It could mean that she wants to be with him after she's done with her other goal.

From what I see, her main goal is Ash, with the contests/showcases as her second. Of course since, career first over love life, she's putting Ash in the sideline for a while...

Last edited:

AshSerena

Interesting, I thought that sounds like the appropriate action for Serena but in this case, it's could be portrayed as a love interest thing. I'm swaying for the latter option.

I'll ask a person who speak Japanese about it too. Although, that would take me half a day to find out...

i think you can ask Dephender, he really kind and might answer your question
just saying im also a japanese but i dont know how im gonna explain this better XD,i dont know how culture in different country, but im pretty sure the translation of "みりょくてき" is "attractive" "charming" or "better person"
and like i said , Serena means she wants to be a better person ,the problem is it seems some people seeing this meaning as "sexist" or watver :/

Last edited:

pokemaster442

いくZ!
What I don't get is why people think its sexist for Serena to be an attractively better person for the one she loves.

However, I'm glad with the way the series ended and for this saga we got a good closure on the characters... for now.

I'm surprised how twitter and facebook blew up with that scene been watched so many times. :) I think pokemon got a bit more popular again by haters and people who like the anime.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
i think you can ask Dephender, he really kind and might answer your question
just saying im also a japanese but i dont know how im gonna explain this better XD, but im pretty sure the translation of "みりょくてき" is "attractive" "charming" or "better person"
and like i said , Serena means she wants to be a better person but it seems some people seeing this as "sexist" or watver :/

I know and I've seen you translate plenty of things for us in Japanese already. That's really appreciated too.
I'm not trying to doubt you or anything (sorry if I have though), I'm just interested in hearing a translation from someone else who hasn't been watching the Pokemon anime series and get their view on things.
Otherwise we might be a bit biased on the situation, here. I hope I'm wrong.

I'll ask Dephender too, or maybe someone else can if they want the answers quick.

Even then, it doesn't invalidate her kissing Ash so that still stands. Her meeting him to become prettier/better/charming still means that she'll eventually return to see Ash as well.

Heekful

What I don't get is why people think its sexist for Serena to be an attractively better person for the one she loves.

However, I'm glad with the way the series ended and for this saga we got a good closure on the characters... for now.

I'm surprised how twitter and facebook blew up with that scene been watched so many times. :) I think pokemon got a bit more popular again by haters and people who like the anime.

I also wonder how the ratings was in Japan for thursday episode too , maybe that can help Serena comeback in the future because we all know the writers only care for their rating.

Because he/she didn't watch the anime that means he/she didn't understand the context. Just like Red Phoenix said, translation can vary greatly depending on the context.

About her goal, I think what she means is that Ash is her goal, that's why she come back to kiss him, to make sure that he didn't misinterpret it to just "becoming strong like you is my goal". And I don't think it just an admiration, because Serena already show her admiration towards Ash the night after she lost against Aria and also in the snow fight, thus Ash won't be shocked like that.

About attractive/better person, I think becoming a better person is much better than just attractive because it also include her inner beauty. And put it into context, it means she want to become a better person for Ash.

Last edited:

pokemaster442

いくZ!
I also wonder how the ratings was in Japan for thursday episode too , maybe that can help Serena comeback in the future because we all know the writers only care for their rating.

The ratings report isn't out yet but I think by peoples reactions on twitter and other sites, it seems like the last episode did well.

And Serena coming back probably will happen due to how much they put effort into the show and how they left it with a promise.

Heekful

The ratings report isn't out yet but I think by peoples reactions on twitter and other sites, it seems like the last episode did well.

And Serena coming back probably will happen due to how much they put effort into the show and how they left it with a promise.

I heard that the "amourshipping" episodes like the date/dance party/cosplay episodes did more ratings than others episodes that's good too , but apparently the Team Flare arc did the best rating and there was no Amourshipping at all in it so...

Red Pheonix

It makes sense now. So Serena said something like you're my goal, right? While Ashy boy appearantly doesn't understand "love", he certainly understands what a goal is. This is why Serena said, "You're my goal" in Ash's way, just so Ash could understand. This is exactly why Ash were able to understand the message and gave the surprise(not confused btw) look. I strongly believe Serena meant this rather thab "you're my idol".

Secondly, I think the "attractive woman" is meant to be "better person." This is because Ash gave a fist bump. Considering his personality, he would react to a "better person" rather than "attractive woman".

CDVEN

Average Trainer
It makes sense now. So Serena said something like you're my goal, right? While Ashy boy appearantly doesn't understand "love", he certainly understands what a goal is. This is why Serena said, "You're my goal" in Ash's way, just so Ash could understand. This is exactly why Ash were able to understand the message and gave the surprise(not confused btw) look. I strongly believe Serena meant this rather thab "you're my idol".

Secondly, I think the "attractive woman" is meant to be "better person." This is because Ash gave a fist bump. Considering his personality, he would react to a "better person" rather than "attractive woman".

Ah Serena, you clever girl!

So basically, Serena is confessing to Ash in his language (Ashlish?Ashinese?Satonglish?Satonese?). That's a very clever way to tell your feelings to a person who has no idea about romance.

Phoenix's post is basically it.

Still I can't stop watching the kiss scene. It now has become a part of my daily routine at this point.

Last edited:

pokemaster442

いくZ!
I heard that the "amourshipping" episodes like the date/dance party/cosplay episodes did more ratings than others episodes that's good too , but apparently the Team Flare arc did the best rating and there was no Amourshipping at all in it so...

The team flare ark was the main story of XYZ so it would do better. But even that suffered due to being after the league arc and with what happened there. I think the good story and the unexpected romance, which the anime has had in the past but not to this extent, has helped boosted the ratings and the popularity of the characters as well. If people like the show then they like the characters in the show. Well, most of them anyway.

Grephlosion

To me, the kiss would have been the perfect way to go out IF this was actually the final episode of the anime. Since it isn't, it's too likely that she'll be forgotten like all the other Pokegirls unless the fans buy any possible merchandise related to her and overwhelmingly demand that she get brought back.

I will do my part.

i still keep thinking what this all words means from the episode? i cant find the answer yet!

1:Serena saying Ash is her goal
2:Till they meet again, she will become more and more attractive woman
3: and that ending.. they did not use the usually "New Beginning" or something but ended with "And to our own way"

I don't watch the anime (gonna watch the dub when XYZ ends up on Netflix). Did Serena really say Ash is her goal?

Red Pheonix

As for why Ash moved forward after Serena left for the escalator. It may sound stupid but I think he wanted to see Serena go to the lobby the whole way and went forward to get a better view. For all we know, he could do this out of curiosity or he could do this feeling like looking at Serena, his friend or "unrealized" crush depending on your viewpoint, for the last time before she leaves.

3vr1m

Well since the main Story line ended with xyz and Sun & Moon are somewhere in the future, I would know, what you guys are going to do in your now spare time without xyz ? As for me, Im going to watch first the english dub of the major amour scenes again and then the german dub.

Last edited:

DatsRight

Well Ash never really learned to 'turn off' his whole upbeat motivational attitude this series.

"I'm going to come back a more attractive woman for you, Ash."
"Awesome, Serena, go for it." *fist pump*
"And then I'm going to find a way to make you my man."
"Great move, Serena. A-Okay." *thumbs up*
"...........And then I'm going to suicide bomb Hoenn."
"A cool direction to take Serena, I'm rooting for you all the way." *winks and V-signs*
*sigh* "Just shut up and kiss me..."

It is annoying it took like the last three episodes for Serena to be able to break Ash from it.

Last edited:

Heekful

Well Ash never really learned to 'turn off' his whole upbeat motivational attitude this series.

"I'm going to come back a more attractive woman for you, Ash."
"Awesome, Serena, go for it." *fist pump*
"And then I'm going to find a way to make you my man."
"Great move, Serena. A-Okay." *thumbs up*
"...........And then I'm going to suicide bomb Hoenn."
"A cool direction to take Serena, I'm rooting for you all the way." *winks and V-signs*
*sigh* "Just shut up and kiss me..."

It is annoying it took like the last three episodes for Serena to be able to break Ash from it.

That's better than never I guess ? That's why our ship is one of the most popular ship of all time now.

Ash is like the funniest guy ever , I feel like he will every time answer "Yeah awesome" every time Serena says something about love.

"Ash you are my goal"
"Awesome , Serena" *fist bump*
"Ash , let's marry"
"Yeah awesome , Serena" *fist bump*
"Ash , let's have kids"
"Yeah , let's go Serena" *fist bump*