• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Motor Bug2005

This probably doesn't mean anything significant but quite a few people on Twitter have noticed that it looks like that the "Baby's Breath" flowers seen outside Ash's house at the end of XY&Z047 make a reappearance in the M20 trailer. Of course there's been a bit of a mini frenzy amongst the Amour fans but like I said, it likely doesn't mean anything. Here's a tweet comparing the 2 scenes: https://mobile.twitter.com/Ei_ght/status/809238337089212416

CDVEN

Average Trainer
This probably doesn't mean anything significant but quite a few people on Twitter have noticed that it looks like that the "Baby's Breath" flowers seen outside Ash's house at the end of XY&Z047 make a reappearance in the M20 trailer. Of course there's been a bit of a mini frenzy amongst the Amour fans but like I said, it likely doesn't mean anything. Here's a tweet comparing the 2 scenes: https://mobile.twitter.com/Ei_ght/status/809238337089212416

However, it is quite interesting that it was included in the trailer. Even though it doesn't mean anything (and will be so). It's actually quite fun to come up with theories so here's my take.
1.) This movie is about a completely different Ash that explains the different cap that replaces his iconic one and the new beginning said in the trailer (according to some translations, not sure if correct)
Or
2.) The boy in the trailer is actually Ash's kid, which may explain that different cap design. Besides, if it was a recap, then why would the trailer say something like a new beginning if we already knew what happened? Sure, its probably be #1 but its really fun to make theories.

Heekful

These flowers are not there for nothing , someone noticed that in the B/W series (even the OG serie) these flowers weren't there. I know Serena won't be in this movie that's obvious , it will be Ash - Brock and Misty probably but I'm hoping to see a remake of the summer camp scene with young Serena and Ash before he starts his journey , we never know and we can hope.
I don't think it will be Ash's kid , there's no way they let Ash having a kid while in the other side he is still in Alola doing his stupid stuffs in the anime series , I think you can forget that theory.

CDVEN

Average Trainer
These flowers are not there for nothing , someone noticed that in the B/W series (even the OG serie) these flowers weren't there. I know Serena won't be in this movie that's obvious , it will be Ash - Brock and Misty probably but I'm hoping to see a remake of the summer camp scene with young Serena and Ash before he starts his journey , we never know and we can hope.
I don't think it will be Ash's kid , there's no way they let Ash having a kid while in the other side he is still in Alola doing his stupid stuffs in the anime series , I think you can forget that theory.

Yeah but why would the trailer labeled it as new adventure? There's nothing new if the whole movie is just gonna be a recap of the OS series (except for the animation) since we already knew what happened then unless they changed the end like Ash won the League or something.

But still the prescence of the flowers is quite interesting and I agree with you that it's not there just for show. But as for now, lets not dig further in this subject.

As for the return, Iris didn't come back because she wasn't that popular as people hated BW in the west. I doubt the popularity of both Serena and Amourshipping isn't enough to bring her back for a special or cameo especially after that kiss. But I'd prefer for her to have a special rather than a cameo because she totally has no reason to go there. If her reason was to be with him again then that totally makes her decision XYZ45 to be pointless and would probably feel stale if she continued to drop hints. So yeah, I prefer her not to come into future seasons unless it is the final one for Ashy boy. That would be probably the only best and acceptable time she can return.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
This movie reboot definitely sounds interesting to watch and it'll bring back the nostalgia for the people who watched the Original Series too.
Although this being the case, I hope that Serena makes a cameo appearance. Maybe not the current Serena but maybe when she was a kid.

My scenario would be:
Ash is going to Professor Oak's Lab to receive his first starter Pokemon. However, before he gets it, both him and Oak reminisce about the past. Remembering how Ash was always the energetic type and how he likes to help others in need. Prof. Oak will then mention his Summer Camp as an example where we will then see a flashback of Ash holding Serena's hand and supporting her balance as they head back to the lab. Ash then remembers that scene and wonders how she is still doing as he then proceeds to pick his first Pokemon.

I'd love to see that scene happen!!

Epicocity

Okay, are we REALLY back on the flower thing again? I see everyone saying it's a sign of either Serena's return or because the Japanese name is similar, Misty's return.

It's a continuity detail! Even as hardcore as we Amourshippers may be, we cannot possibly think this is a sign of Serena's return. The flowers were put in there as a message from Yajima at the end of XYZ to say "thank you" to all the fans and people who had given him this opportunity and watched all these years. That's it. Let's not grasp at straws, people, we seem crazy.

CDVEN

Average Trainer
Okay, are we REALLY back on the flower thing again? I see everyone saying it's a sign of either Serena's return or because the Japanese name is similar, Misty's return.

It's a continuity detail! Even as hardcore as we Amourshippers may be, we cannot possibly think this is a sign of Serena's return. The flowers were put in there as a message from Yajima at the end of XYZ to say "thank you" to all the fans and people who had given him this opportunity and watched all these years. That's it. Let's not grasp at straws, people, we seem crazy.
Who knows? But anyway, it is interesting that they did put a continuity detail considering how the anime tends to fck up the continuity everytime by forgetting everything once a new season starts.

Can anyone suggest some new fics to read?

Last edited:

Epicocity

Who knows? But anyway, it is interesting that they did put a continuity detail considering how the anime tends to fck up the continuity everytime by forgetting everything once a new season starts.

Can anyone suggest some new fics to read?

They don't really screw up any continuity. Not really. They just avoid being overt. There were tons of pieces of continuity in XY, even if they weren't really in your face about it. And the details in the animation are usually very consistent.

Haven't read very many fics lately (shortage of good ones) but I'll be posting something in the next 36 hours (it's a little sad, though) and my collaboration with potat starts on Wednesday if you want to join in on a consistent update schedule for reviewing, ha ha.

Hys7eriX

Since player characters' dads are shown to be absent most of the time in both games and anime (Norman is an obvious exception). If they ever end up together and have a family, Will Ash do the same to Serena or will he stay and help her raise their child?

Thought I'd give my two cents on this one, since this interests me. I believe Ash would want to raise their child together. I'm not sure how much of this is my headcanon (seeing how we haven't gotten any mention of Ash's dad since what, OS2?), but I figure Delia raised Ash entirely by herself. I don't think Ash really misses his father, as he can't really miss someone who was never there, but when the time for him to become a dad comes, it may hit him that he has no idea how to be a father. Still, I think he'd want to be there for his kid in a way that his own father never was for him (and, presumably, how Serena's never was for her). Plus, with how much time he's spent around small children and the times he's raised a baby pokemon, I think he may find he's a bit better equipped to raise a child than he ever thought (I only say a bit because nothing really prepares you for raising a child). Besides, who wouldn't want to see veteran battered babysitter Pikachu help Ash and Serena raise their baby? :D

Thought I'd give my two cents on this one, since this interests me. I believe Ash would want to raise their child together. I'm not sure how much of this is my headcanon (seeing how we haven't gotten any mention of Ash's dad since what, OS2?), but I figure Delia raised Ash entirely by herself. I don't think Ash really misses his father, as he can't really miss someone who was never there, but when the time for him to become a dad comes, it may hit him that he has no idea how to be a father. Still, I think he'd want to be there for his kid in a way that his own father never was for him (and, presumably, how Serena's never was for her). Plus, with how much time he's spent around small children and the times he's raised a baby pokemon, I think he may find he's a bit better equipped to raise a child than he ever thought (I only say a bit because nothing really prepares you for raising a child). Besides, who wouldn't want to see veteran battered babysitter Pikachu help Ash and Serena raise their baby? :D

well.dud.ya.dont.know.if.ash.is.going.to.end.up.with.serena.and.plus.its.a.reason.I.say.pokeshipping.is.not.dead.since.ash.and.misty.are.in.the.same.region.and.there.really.good.friends.so.what.your.saying.could.be.a.ash.and.serena.fanfic

Epicocity

Out of the loop here, what's this flower talk?

There're Baby's Breath flowers blooming outside the Ketchum household in XYZ 47. Which, of course, has Westerners believing it means eternal love with Serena (because they're thrown at weddings), Pokeshippers thinking it's about Misty because the word "kasumi" is in their Japanese name, but in reality, Yajima said, essentially, that in flower language it's really him expressing his gratitude towards everyone through the whole XY series. They also retained them in the recent movie trailer, so it fuels speculation.

@TTBC Ash and Misty are hardly in the same region. Their houses are, but Ash is off in Alola currently. And this is a thread to talk about Amourshipping besides.

There're Baby's Breath flowers blooming outside the Ketchum household in XYZ 47. Which, of course, has Westerners believing it means eternal love with Serena (because they're thrown at weddings), Pokeshippers thinking it's about Misty because the word "kasumi" is in their Japanese name, but in reality, Yajima said, essentially, that in flower language it's really him expressing his gratitude towards everyone through the whole XY series. They also retained them in the recent movie trailer, so it fuels speculation.

@TTBC Ash and Misty are hardly in the same region. Their houses are, but Ash is off in Alola currently. And this is a thread to talk about Amourshipping besides.

Well.Sorry.dud.just.giving.an.example.but.where.talking.about.ash.when.hes.older.not.when.hes.going.on.a.pokemon.journey.and.plus.what.will.happen.when.he.settles.down.thats.what.im.talking.about

Also.I.want.to.know.what.people.think.about.serenas.goal.in.the.future.

she.already.has.a.lot.of.skill.and.I.think.shell.be.able.to.enter.the.grand.festival

Last edited by a moderator:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Oh Lord, what's up with Mr Period?

The flowers outside of Ash's house interest me a lot. It made sense if it was just a staff member saying goodbye, and it was only in XYZ47. But now that they're sticking around, well, I just don't know. It's quite odd, honestly. I can't wait until we get more previews, whenever that may be. There's a few directions they could take with this movie. Either it's a straight remake of the early episodes, which seems to be the most obvious, it's essentially an "Ash's last 20 years in review," which could be fun, or it's the first episode with some weird twist. There is one final option, and I only say this because they did indeed remember the flowers, but not any other changes to Ash's house like his display of items from the Diamond and Pearl series that made an appearance in the first and last episodes of Best Wishes. Yes, I do know he collected all of them on his journey, but the flowers were planted on his journey in Kalos, so who knows. Maybe, just maybe, it's about Ash's early adventures if his role with Serena in childhood was expanded, and she lived in Kanto instead of only visiting.

Epicocity

The flowers outside of Ash's house interest me a lot. It made sense if it was just a staff member saying goodbye, and it was only in XYZ47. But now that they're sticking around, well, I just don't know. It's quite odd, honestly. I can't wait until we get more previews, whenever that may be. There's a few directions they could take with this movie. Either it's a straight remake of the early episodes, which seems to be the most obvious, it's essentially an "Ash's last 20 years in review," which could be fun, or it's the first episode with some weird twist. There is one final option, and I only say this because they did indeed remember the flowers, but not any other changes to Ash's house like his display of items from the Diamond and Pearl series that made an appearance in the first and last episodes of Best Wishes. Yes, I do know he collected all of them on his journey, but the flowers were planted on his journey in Kalos, so who knows. Maybe, just maybe, it's about Ash's early adventures if his role with Serena in childhood was expanded, and she lived in Kanto instead of only visiting.

There are a lot of things it could be, but we also have to remember at the same time that the first trailer like this, usually has 0% of its footage in the actual film. So, maybe the flowers are there in the trailer but inexplicably vanish in the film proper. And I wouldn't call the director of a series just a "staff member". ;)

As for Mr. Period...I have no idea. Though Serena isn't aiming to win the Grand Festival, so it doesn't matter if she does.

Don Velasquez

El Patrón

Bravo, sir Manqoba! Very nice insight; it'd be pretty cool if your third prediction turns out to be true. :p

Epicocity

Boy, this thread started drying up faster than the desert recently. Guess our Amour book club idea fell flat on its face...inevitable with constant derailments, I suppose.

But on another note, as I'm sure most of you know, myself and potat_lasaro's collaboration had finally been posted! Hope you all get the chance to read the first chapter, and we always appreciate a good review! I'll also be posting it here, but for now, please enjoy "Ships, Schemes and Other Sweet Sights".

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Would anyone say that Amourshipping is under threat from Aureliashipping after today's episode?

Even as a low-key Aurelia right now; Amour set the bar pretty high with a confirmed crush/off-screen kiss, so I wouldn't worry about Amour being 'under threat'.

Besides, your head canons can take the anime whether you think it should go. If you think Ash/Serena are the best shipping, then you ship them regardless.

Epicocity

I'm honest , I was worried when I saw that Omode was the writer but if she's not pushing this ship (she pushed Amour really hard in her first episode back in X/Y) I don't see which writer could push it (maybe Matsui?) so we are safe , if Lillie starts kissing Ash maybe we should be worried but now we are safe for at least 2 years until Serena's cameo (who is unlikely) happen.
Remember that's a comedy after all so there will be cute/funny moments but nothing really serious.

There was hardly anything "under fire" here considering one blush was from a compliment and with another she called her butler first. And why do you say Serena is unlikely? She was popular...ridiculously popular. This isn't an Iris situation, and the fact that she's yet to have a special unlike Clemont and pretty much every other main cast except for May back in the day makes you wonder...