• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

volcanionmaster123

Most of it comes from the fact that, by all rights, Amourshipping so far is the closest to canon any Ash ship will come in the show because one side of it is confirmed and did something about it. Considering we will likely never get confirmation elsewhere regarding Ash's feelings for anyone, this is what happens. Even if I WASN'T an Amourshipper, I'd still say this.

And don't extrapolate the community from what you may hear or see. I know there's drama going on right now, but most normal Amourshippers are people who will treat all other ships with equal measured respect. We enjoyed what we got, and in terms of what the show is, feel we can call it "canon". At the same time, a lot of us have decided to enjoy the current ships. Don't judge your opinion of the community based on a few people stirring up trouble.

I don't even know what's going on now. It just seems like some people be acting like little children on both sides over something. At this point I don't even think the drama is about the ship itself anymore, it's devolved to personal attacks. At this point I think people insulted some fool's mom. I just don't understand. Y'all just got the damn kiss just a few months ago... are you not entertained? Lol

From what I've seen people legit hate the ship AND Serena not because of how it developed, but because of some outspoken fans, it's ridiculous (again, both sides) and they be acting like TPC's target age demographic, little chidren

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Maybe she makes holidays there, Alola is kind of Hawaii after all. My prediction is still, that she chills at the beach, enjoys the sun with her pokemon and hears suddenly a familiar voice running around.

I remember a lot of people saying that should be the way to bring Serena into Alola before the first promotional poster came out.

Heekful

Jeez, there's a lot of warmongering spreading around these days.

Assuming Serena makes her return, what circumstances will bring her to Alola?

May came to Sinnoh for the Wallace Cup, and Dawn came to Unova en route to Johto for the same reason. It would be absolutely hilarious if Serena comes to Alola for the Wallace Cup too, and they do some plot about bringing contests into Alola the same way they handled the League in the games.

I probably want Serena to have a special episode first with her catching a new Pokemon from Hoenn and doing some contests stuffs then heard about the Alola region by Ash's mom or even by Lisia or Wallace if there is something about showcases/contests in Alola she could easily go there and have fun.

If that's the case I think the writers will play with the tease and put Serena on a island where Ash isn't first but then they will reunite. I still don't think she'll have a cameo, I need to know if the 5 guys will stay with Ash during all the saga because 5 people + Serena with Ash seems too big to handle imo , but we'll see... Nothing can be really predicted anyway

By the way, Tetsuo Yajima (XY&Z director and the guy who did the storyboard of the golden XY&Z 47) did an Interview yesterday for a magazine and some Satosere Japanese fans bought it and said that "it's worthy to look at it if you like Satosere" I hope it will leak soon so we can know what he said about Amour/Satosere.

Epicocity

By the way, Tetsuo Yajima (XY&Z director and the guy who did the storyboard of the golden XY&Z 47) did an Interview yesterday for a magazine and some Satosere Japanese fans bought it and said that "it's worthy to look at it if you like Satosere" I hope it will leak soon so we can know what he said about Amour/Satosere.

If that's the case...AshSerena, are you there? Because we'd love to know, ha ha.

Silencers

Seasoned Trainer
Really? Hmm I wonder what he could've said. Hopefully as you predicted, she'll visit at some point. Personally I would rather her appear for awhile and maybe hang out with Ash to maybe get her confidence and drive back for her contests if she is maybe having a hard time. Still after what she told him in the terminal it is fairly safe to assume that she will return. However I hope we get a longer stay from her then what we got from May or Dawn back in the day.

AdvancedGenGenesect

Really? Hmm I wonder what he could've said. Hopefully as you predicted, she'll visit at some point. Personally I would rather her appear for awhile and maybe hang out with Ash to maybe get her confidence and drive back for her contests if she is maybe having a hard time. Still after what she told him in the terminal it is fairly safe to assume that she will return. However I hope we get a longer stay from her then what we got from May or Dawn back in the day.

In my opinion its much better if we see an anime wher serena advances toward her goal and maybe win or lose in the grand festival then see her return in the saga after sun and moon.

AshSerena

If that's the case...AshSerena, are you there? Because we'd love to know, ha ha.

Actually I'm the one who ask 1guy who bought the book and ask him if there is any topics or mention about Satosere, and he said that there's some , and he said he recommend this book for people who loves or fan of Satosere, still waiting for someone to leak the said interview cause i dont wanna spend a 1,800 yen for it xD,

Epicocity

Actually I'm the one who ask 1guy who bought the book and ask him if there is any topics or mention about Satosere, and he said that there's some , and he said he recommend this book for people who loves or fan of Satosere, still waiting for someone to leak the said interview cause i dont wanna spend a 1,800 yen for it xD,

Good to know. Thanks for informing us. You're like our savior when it comes to this sort of stuff, since otherwise we'd be floundering in the dark, ha ha.

AdvancedGenGenesect

its sad that my 2nd fav pokegirl didnt get the spotlight most people thought she would get after xy with a possible anime where she couldve been shown in hoenn

AshSerena

Here's one of the page from the said magazine interview from Director of Pokemon XY&Z, it is a kissing scene on last episode
[IMGSIZE=800]http://i.imgur.com/heEH7b2.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

Epicocity

Here's one of the page from the said magazine interview from Director of Pokemon XY&Z, it is a kissing scene on last episode

Thank you for this! Now I'm off to go follow you on Twitter, because you're amazing. Long live Amourshipping!

AshSerena

And of course it got scanned at a resolution that's too small to read...
;_;

Same sir, ;_; , i only just found it on twitter, im thinking if i should get one but give up since it cost 1,800yen+ but after reading some summary from the people who already bought this, i decided to get one for my self , so i order today and getting it later
i think i might need your translation power sir when it comes to translating it to english since my english is not really good :(

Thank you for this! Now I'm off to go follow you on Twitter, because you're amazing. Long live Amourshipping!

no problem at all!, i want to contribute to amourshipping community as much as possible cause i really love this shipping :) (and ofc all people who still supporting it)

Epicocity

no problem at all!, i want to contribute to amourshipping community as much as possible cause i really love this shipping :) (and ofc all people who still supporting it)

It's really great to have people like you in the community considering the...er...drama(?) I see going on in it right now. I just want to sit and write my fics for people to enjoy, but seeing there are people like you who are still supportive of it and help contribute to it...it helps make those of us not so dramatic feel like we're not alone. If that makes sense.

dnomyar27

Rockettoman
Well, hey guys. We're back up and running! So, to all my fellow Amourshippers out there, I'll kick off our discussions with a fun little question to keep us rolling on topic!

How would the ship have changed if Ash remembered meeting Serena at Summer Camp right away?

So If only Ash could remember. Well, definitely it could be a more interesting shipping because then we could think of a feeling from Ash for Serena. I mean, if he remembers then she means something, but because this was created by the animators we cannot think Ash would remember Serena. Anyway, I loved it until the very end, and we are just days away from the episode to air in USA so stay toon. We will see the "kiss" again yay!!

Heekful

So If only Ash could remember. Well, definitely it could be a more interesting shipping because then we could think of a feeling from Ash for Serena. I mean, if he remembers then she means something, but because this was created by the animators we cannot think Ash would remember Serena. Anyway, I loved it until the very end, and we are just days away from the episode to air in USA so stay toon. We will see the "kiss" again yay!!

I think you are taking this too seriously , it was harder for Ash to remember her because :

- Serena did not mention her name during the childhood scene , Ash did.
- Serena changed a lot (they changed her voice in the VO but not the Ash one)
- Serena stayed in her home all this time doing the same thing while Ash travelled around the Pokeworld and met like more than 500 people

It's still very important that Ash was the one who got the flashback and not Serena , it means that he needed something to help his mind to remember and it's still a cool moment from his childhood, I don't think the Ash-Serena flashback is a flaw of the ship , it's one of the thing who makes this ship very unique imo.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

Man, you're about 150 pages late lol. I feel like we've gone over this before, but this was Ash's 9th region, including Kanto twice. It's also been years since they met, potentially half of their lifetimes. It's not unreasonable that Ash wouldn't remember her on sight. Serena, on the other hand, was likely thinking about him for years. After all, she knew exactly where that handkerchief was after so many years, implying that she kept it in a special place.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato

Oh, I can't wait for the translations! I really need to work fast on my Japanese lessons to learn how to read these properly, lol.

Do you think that they might explain how amourshipping started? I mean, how Serena and Ash met on their childhood and how Serena developed feelings for Ash? It's really interesting to know what the writers' thoughts about this and how they came up with the idea since it may give us a clue on what they might do in the future and if this ship has a chance of becoming canon.

Last edited:

Epicocity

Oh, I can't wait for the translations! I really need to work fast on my Japanese lessons to learn how to read these properly, lol.

Do you think that they might explain how amourshipping started? I mean, how Serena and Ash met on their childhood and how Serena developed feelings for Ash? It's really interesting to know what the writers' thoughts about this and how they came up with the idea since it may give us a clue on what they might do in the future and if this ship has a chance of becoming canon.

It seems like it's mostly about the scene. Why they started Amour, why Ash stepped forward towards Serena...oh, and confirmation it was a kiss for anyone still in denial out there. Either way, pretty exciting stuff overall. Even months later, there's still stuff to sort of be excited about.