• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
While I don't disagree with most of your post, there are way too many people who misunderstand what Serena is trying to do. She is not trying to earn ribbons and go to the Grand Festival. She is heading to Hoenn to enrich herself, study Contests by taking part in them and thus coming back as a more confident and better candidate for Kalos Queen. Therefore, she could show up in Alola if she felt it would further that goal. Think of it like a class: what Serena is doing is not necessarily enrolling in the class, but auditing it.
Brilliant insight, Epicocity! That sounds the sort of extracurricular activity might enrich her repertoire, especially when one considers the wholly exotic traditions which would make for great performance inspiration! (Imagine her Braixen doing Kiawe's fire dance number!) If that was indeed the case, Serena may hit Alola sooner than later.

(By the way, I've fallen in love with your latest collaboration piece with potat. And I'm not even an Amour fan! You two write everyone so on point. Keep up the great work~)

Epicocity

Brilliant insight, Epicocity! That sounds the sort of extracurricular activity might enrich her repertoire, especially when one considers the wholly exotic traditions which would make for great performance inspiration! (Imagine her Braixen doing Kiawe's fire dance number!) If that was indeed the case, Serena may hit Alola sooner than later.

(By the way, I've fallen in love with your latest collaboration piece with potat. And I'm not even an Amour fan! You two write everyone so on point. Keep up the great work~)

To be quite honest, your idea of Braixen doing a Kiawe-like dance number is almost something I've taken inspiration for in my next big fic...kinda. I mean, I'm not saying anything is a certainty or even under delusions about it, but the possibility is a very real thing, you know?

And thanks! We always appreciate kind words! (of course, we're gonna make people potentially angry next chapter until they realize our story intentions, ha ha).

Hi everyone. First time poster on this thread but I have followed amourshipping since I believe at the end of V1.
While I don't disagree with most of your post, there are way too many people who misunderstand what Serena is trying to do. She is not trying to earn ribbons and go to the Grand Festival. She is heading to Hoenn to enrich herself, study Contests by taking part in them and thus coming back as a more confident and better candidate for Kalos Queen. Therefore, she could show up in Alola if she felt it would further that goal. Think of it like a class: what Serena is doing is not necessarily enrolling in the class, but auditing it.
Isn't Serena's goal just to make people smile and be happy? I understand she's not doing contests for the same reasons other coordinators are, but wouldn't she still be able to do that in contests? Just asking because I'm writing an experimental Amourshipping fanfiction that I may or may not post, and I think some of the premise of the story may fall apart if Serena is just doing contests to better herself like you say. I may be able to work it out if Serena's motives are how you say they are, but I'm not sure. I feel like it doesn't make too much sense for Serena to dump Performances after one circuit (whatever you call it) of Performing, but I also feel it doesn't make too much sense for her to leave Performances for Contests, only to go back to Performances.
The interview about amourshipping and saying that the people over in Japan is very interesting to me, because I finally think we can say that we've won. One of the biggest, if not the biggest, reasons that I wanted amourshipping to become canon is not actually amour becoming canon. It's the fact that I can say all the people who said Amour would never happen, and that we were fools for having any faith that it would, were wrong. Even after the kiss, I don't think you can 100% call it canon. But now that we have a interview from people over in Japan saying amour will happen eventually, makes it feel like we've won.

Last edited:

Epicocity

Hi everyone. First time poster on this thread but I have followed amourshipping since I believe at the end of V1.

Isn't Serena's goal just to make people smile and be happy? I understand she's not doing contests for the same reasons other coordinators are, but wouldn't she still be able to do that in contests? Just asking because I'm writing an experimental Amourshipping fanfiction that I may or may not post, and I think some of the premise of the story may fall apart if Serena is just doing contests to better herself like you say. I may be able to work it out if Serena's motives are how you say they are, but I'm not sure. I feel like it doesn't make too much sense for Serena to dump Performances after one circuit (whatever you call it) of Performing, but I also feel it doesn't make too much sense for her to leave Performances for Contests, only to go back to Performances.

You're right, her end goal is indeed to make people smile, but she perceives the position of Kalos Queen as being the position that most allows her to do that. Becoming a Top Coordinator certainly would not bring joy and smiles to the people in a way that being Kalos Queen does. She views that as her end goal. It's important to note that in XYZ 45 she never once says "I'm going to become a Coordinator". She simply says "I'm going to take part in Contests". This implies that she is still a Performer aiming for the title of Kalos Queen and is using Contests as a way of bettering herself to reach that goal and make even more people smile. After all, the Kalos Queen goal is inherently a popularity contest; were Serena to obtain it, she'd be achieving her goal.

Though, none of this actually has to do with Amourshipping technically speaking beyond Serena using everything she can to reach that position at some point, meaning she may see Ash when he's in Alola or another region.

Don Velasquez

El Patrón
You're right, her end goal is indeed to make people smile, but she perceives the position of Kalos Queen as being the position that most allows her to do that. Becoming a Top Coordinator certainly would not bring joy and smiles to the people in a way that being Kalos Queen does. She views that as her end goal. It's important to note that in XYZ 45 she never once says "I'm going to become a Coordinator". She simply says "I'm going to take part in Contests". This implies that she is still a Performer aiming for the title of Kalos Queen and is using Contests as a way of bettering herself to reach that goal and make even more people smile. After all, the Kalos Queen goal is inherently a popularity contest; were Serena to obtain it, she'd be achieving her goal.

Though, none of this actually has to do with Amourshipping technically speaking beyond Serena using everything she can to reach that position at some point, meaning she may see Ash when he's in Alola or another region.

We all know what her true end goal is... ;)

Also, I don't recall there being any mention of Serena attempting to become Kalos Queen again. Sure, it's a possibility, but all in all, she just wants to bring joy to the world.

Epicocity

We all know what her true end goal is... ;)

Also, I don't recall there being any mention of Serena attempting to become Kalos Queen again. Sure, it's a possibility, but all in all, she just wants to bring joy to the world.

Considering she is still a Performer, it would be implied to be her end goal, right? I don't think she'd do it for the same reasons though. In the first Master Class, she really did it all for herself. But I do honestly think that this time around she'd take after the one who inspired her the most and do it for all those others who dreamed in order to make them all smile. So, the intent is far more important than the goal in this case.

Just a few more hours until we hear the English translation of the kiss scene!! Very excited yet sad to see such a wonderful ship come to a close! :(

For now, ;)

DryingPan.

"Comeback sandwich!"
Wow... It's been a while. I hope everyone has been great, I'll try to get back and more active in the thread, life's been crazy. Glad to see familiar faces around still. I got a lot of pages to read!

CDVEN

Average Trainer
Just a few more hours until we hear the English translation of the kiss scene!! Very excited yet sad to see such a wonderful ship come to a close! :(

For now, ;)

I'll be waiting for them and see some screenshots. I don't want to watch the episode again, It's just gonna make me sad.

For some reason, I imagine Serena's bucket list would be something like this

1.) Improve Skills
2.) Bring Smiles to Everyone
3.) Kalos Queen
4.) Become a better and charming woman for Ash
5.) Marry Ash

Wonder how the dub will handle the kiss scene tho. But still, dub is still dogsht.

Wait hold up... I thought today would be the kiss episode in english dub? but apparently its on the 21st...why such a long wait when the previous episode has already been out?

Hyper Xero

Beginning Trainer
Wait hold up... I thought today would be the kiss episode in english dub? but apparently its on the 21st...why such a long wait when the previous episode has already been out?

It's because somebody (on youtube) is somehow getting the dubbed episodes a few weeks before their set to air on CN. Last week, they uploaded episode 46, so 47 may be out in a few hours.

Edit: watch the dubbed version here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB6aWoScCfk

Last edited:

Heekful

So she said "You're the kind of person I want to be" instead of "you are my goal" I'm glad it was "edited" in the dub because imo, Serena needs to make her real dream a priority. The music is obviously not better than the VO but it was not as bad as I though it would be so I'm actually fine with that even if in the dub the kiss scene looks way too rushed , I don't know why...They actually included a lot of "We meet again" stuffs and Bonnie said "We ALL gonna visit you someday" something like that so I hope it is foreshadowing at least we can dream.

Epicocity

So she said "You're the kind of person I want to be" instead of "you are my goal" I'm glad it was "edited" in the dub because imo, Serena needs to make her real dream a priority. The music is obviously not better than the VO but it was not as bad as I though it would be so I'm actually fine with that even if in the dub the kiss scene looks way too rushed , I don't know why...They actually included a lot of "We meet again" stuffs and Bonnie said "We ALL gonna visit you someday" something like that so I hope it is foreshadowing at least we can dream.

I preferred the ambiguity of the sub. "You are my goal" can have two meanings coming down to "I want to be like you" and "I want to be with you". It's up to the viewer to determine then, which she means, or perhaps she means both. But the dub removed it and made it unequivocally the former meaning, which, in my opinion, dilutes the meaning of what comes later. Likewise with the "I'll be someone you really like". It no longer carries the same impact, which is probably why you felt the kiss in the dub was rushed because the meaning and feelings are lost.

Heekful

I preferred the ambiguity of the sub. "You are my goal" can have two meanings coming down to "I want to be like you" and "I want to be with you". It's up to the viewer to determine then, which she means, or perhaps she means both. But the dub removed it and made it unequivocally the former meaning, which, in my opinion, dilutes the meaning of what comes later. Likewise with the "I'll be someone you really like". It no longer carries the same impact, which is probably why you felt the kiss in the dub was rushed because the meaning and feelings are lost.

Who cares at the end ? The Japanese version will always be the more important one and the most accurate so even if the dub removed it I don't really care, VO is the VO. I'm just glad they didn't censor it and the music was well done (like I said not the same level as the VO obviously) it was quite good imo. Maybe I'm overthinking it but they added a "tiny laugh" by Ash after the kiss showing that he liked it and a "take care of yourself" so that was good.

_Dog

After a failed appeal against Sushi I risk myself in posting here. Happy New Year to everyone in here.

I will ask you all this question as I will feel it is relevant to the discussion of Amourshipping. Here it is:

Will the Pokémon anime ever end?

If not, then Amourshipping is all but dead. But if the anime will have an ending, then when? The writers had no intention of changing the show with XYZ, so I'm puzzled as to what's in the future of the anime. If you guys have anything to enlighten me I will appreciate it.

I have a message to spread elsewhere, so I will not tarry here for much longer. Wish me luck.

Polarmilk

U.S release date is on 21st. Australia has been releasing their episodes at an earlier date which is why we're able to watch the kiss episode today.

Epicocity

After a failed appeal against Sushi I risk myself in posting here. Happy New Year to everyone in here.

I will ask you all this question as I will feel it is relevant to the discussion of Amourshipping. Here it is:

If not, then Amourshipping is all but dead. But if the anime will have an ending, then when? The writers had no intention of changing the show with XYZ, so I'm puzzled as to what's in the future of the anime. If you guys have anything to enlighten me I will appreciate it.

I have a message to spread elsewhere, so I will not tarry here for much longer. Wish me luck.

You really haven't been paying attention have you. In the last week or so we got news that, in the end, it doesn't matter if the anime ends. For the moment, we have what the endgame is. Yajima and a producer confirmed that Amourshipping is the endgame (at least, that's how I feel it's to be interpreted). It doesn't matter whether or not the show ends, really, because it isn't what Pokemon has been about in the first place. It's about the journey, not the end result. Same with Amourshipping, in some sense.

Polarmilk

I actually enjoyed the English dub's version of the charming/attractive woman line. I couldn't help but chuckle at Ash's, "Awesome" with the clenched fist after.

Navin

MALDREAD

When the show stops being a worthwhile investment and no longer functions as promotion tool to buy toys or games.

But if the anime will have an ending, then when?

If the show is going to be cancelled, in all likelihood, they'll probably animate one final 'in the future' episode as a love letter to the fans. They might show Ash's future wife and kid there; most likely it'll be Serena (at least anytime soon), or it could be someone else.

ashsfuture

It's been a while since I posted anything on this thread, I wanted to wait and see how the dub handled the goodbye scene and I think it was handled just fine, Sure the dialog having to be toned down was understandable and the music not so great,but mainly due to the fact the dub does not have the rights to majority of sound tracks used for the pokemon anime, but aside from all that I think even with the change in dialog Serena still got her point across for what she wants after she accomplishes was she wants for her future.

Now for everything else that we got for for amourshipping with the interview and all that including the origins of amourshipping, the reveal that a romance sub plot was something that the writers have wanted to do for years, and the meaning behind the kiss scene and the way that the scene was meant to let us know that somewhere down the line Ash and Serena will eventually become a couple in the future. Now does this mean the end for amourshipping "no" I'll just say a new beginning, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Still seeing all this happen made supporting amourshipping worth it in the end!

Amourshipping-It began on a childhood day and ended with a kiss onward to a bright future