• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

DatsRight

I know that too well, my friend. The thing is, we're 136 episodes deep into this. Serena's making her choice in two episodes. I just hoped I was wrong, that there was something, anything, in those 136 episodes that we were overlooking.

You do have a point, honestly. The entire subplot was created for suspense. It wouldn't make sense to just randomly kill that. Still, it's a bit hard to watch at times, and Seeing the Forest for the Trees is probably the zenith of that. It's simultaneously the best and worst AmourShipping episode of the entire series. She loves him to death and he gives not a damn.

I admit I was a bit off put that he didn't take remote notice that he'd practically made her cry.

With that in mind, it's not totally all give no take on Serena's part. Even she isn't completely innocent of standard companion apathy (you wonder why he bothered to look out for her and her bratty Fennekin in Pokevision of Things to Come). And Serena wasn't exactly wrong to think maybe it was harsh to think he shouldn't be allowed that one moment of negativity because he's too admirable.

I also commend the fact that Ash didn't once think of blaming Serena's showcases for holding him back, an excuse the earlier Ash would have gladly tried to save his pride with and lash out over. He genuinely just wanted to mope in peace and accept his own failure.

Last edited:

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Head honchos, game designers, whatever the point is that the head honchos are looking at the end goal of the games, not the anime. They want to make sure the games succeed, of course the anime is important, but the games are placed higher on the totem pole than the anime. And I can bet you the game people do have a sort of say because if they want the anime to have something that helps the game, then that might be added.

I want to point out that I don't think the Pokemon staff care much about how the anime does, I think it is mostly how many people watch it etc...I think Sinnoh's ending and Kalos's ending proves that.

Hopefully, they feel that AmourShipping does good and while help the games.

Well, I really hope they will bring her back when Pkmn Love and Hate will be out! Since Serena vould fit wellik the love departement. ;). And I don't get why they would use Serena to promote the XY games? It's the female protagonist but okay, in the game it's something whole different, it's just part of her looks are the same in game and stuff. But that has nothing to do her crush on Ash, I think she has no crush in the games? I understand what you are trying to say but releasing a charcter in the Anime who's in the game is just what they do every generation, but that's just logical right? And if their goal is only promoting, like I said, rhey wouldn't make 150 episodes of it.

Motor Bug2005

Well, I really hope they will bring her back when Pkmn Love and Hate will be out! Since Serena vould fit wellik the love departement. ;). And I don't get why they would use Serena to promote the XY games? It's the female protagonist but okay, in the game it's something whole different, it's just part of her looks are the same in game and stuff. But that has nothing to do her crush on Ash, I think she has no crush in the games? I understand what you are trying to say but releasing a charcter in the Anime who's in the game is just what they do every generation, but that's just logical right? And if their goal is only promoting, like I said, rhey wouldn't make 150 episodes of it.

I think that Serena's crush is indeed unique to her anime counterpart but since I've never played X or Y, I can't be 100% certain. Plus, I feel that Serena completely separated from her game counterpart and as a result, ceased to promote the games when she underwent her appearance change in X&Y060. Whether this change will be enough to save her from the formulaic "end of gen companion axe" remains to be seen.

Either way, I have a strong feeling that this will be the last time for goodness knows how long, that a crush on Ash is made a defining part of a main female character's design (unless they decide to incorporate an Ash related crush into either Lana's, Lillie's or Mallow's characters in S&M which TBH, I really can't see happening unless they really want to enrage and p**s off a lot of fans) which only fuels my desire to see Serena confess to Ash and have Amour get the satisfactory ending it so richly deserves.

Last edited:

spacedp

Guys, some new theorys. If Amourshipping doesn't become canon, why would they make a song about it, a whole series around it and so many official posters about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-yIiu69850

Ju go to the topliked comment, which every sentence is explained of the song. It's an official song so please, why so many hints if they are gonna end it here?

Dawn and Ash had a song together and it wasn't released in an album, it was the OP of DP for some time but we all know how that turned out. As for the hints, I guess the people behind the anime are dumb and will just throw it outo the window.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Dawn and Ash had a song together and it wasn't released in an album, it was the OP of DP for some time but we all know how that turned out. As for the hints, I guess the people behind the anime are dumb and will just throw it outo the window.

In all fairness, and with all due respect, High Touch was "It all went well, so let's high five!" and Candy Girl was "Hey, show me every last bit of your love". Also, minor correction, but High Touch was indeed released on an album. Twice, if memory serves.

spacedp

In all fairness, and with all due respect, High Touch was "It all went well, so let's high five!" and Candy Girl was "Hey, show me every last bit of your love". Also, minor correction, but High Touch was indeed released on an album. Twice, if memory serves.

I know it was released on album it's just not an album-exclusive, it was an op. My point is that these songs don't really have to do with anything since it isn't really canon, so I wouldn't actually consider them as a huge hint or whatever.

Well, I really hope they will bring her back when Pkmn Love and Hate will be out!

Pokémon love and hate isn't a thing lol

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I know it was released on album it's just not an album-exclusive, it was an op. My point is that these songs don't really have to do with anything since it isn't really canon, so I wouldn't actually consider them as a huge hint or whatever.

It's interesting how divided the shipping communities are over songs. Some people consider them to be at the exact same level as the main anime. Indeed, High Touch is considered the crown jewel of PearlShipping by a lot of people. On the flip side, others like you consider them to have no effect at all.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode

Pokémon love and hate isn't a thing lol

It isn't confirmed yet, but what else is the new Pkmn Gen? A and B? Orange and Purple? Nothing is sure yet but Lova and Hate could be a real thing. Actually everything could be a thing, but it has to be relevant.

Red Pheonix

It's time for our-

Daily Caption!

I'll give an image and you'll caption it.

Here's the one for today-

[IMGSIZE=]http://www.filb.de/content/anime/xy/053/251.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

Caption this

Context: Ash was going to talk about Serena's desire to become a performer to Serena's mother, Grace but Serena stops him before he spills the beans.

My opinion: I find this rather cute. It's another one of those "Serena is stuck with a dorky Ash" moment. I really want to know what Serena was thinking in her mind...........

Speaking of which, I want to bring this again-

[IMGSIZE=]http://www.filb.de/content/anime/xy/053/092.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

Hey look, Grace ships Ash and Serena! But seriously, some have suggested that Grace actually knows about Serena' crush because of "Mother knows everything." Idk, as much as I like the idea, I don't think Grace knows about Serena's crush. Cause surely, she would have given her tips about love at this point! Or maybe she gave tips off-screen.

Note: You can give a caption or an opinion or both. Whatever you like.

Epicocity

It's time for our-

Daily Caption!

Caption this

Context: Ash was going to talk about Serena's desire to become a performer to Serena's mother, Grace but Serena stops him before he spills the beans.

My opinion: I find this rather cute. It's another one of those "Serena is stuck with a dorky Ash" moment. I really want to know what Serena was thinking in her mind...........

Hey look, Grace ships Ash and Serena! But seriously, some have suggested that Grace actually knows about Serena' crush because of "Mother knows everything." Idk, as much as I like the idea, I don't think Grace knows about Serena's crush. Cause surely, she would have given her tips about love at this point! Or maybe she gave tips off-screen.

Shhh....my mother can't know of our secret relationship, Ash. It would ruin everything.

Alternately: That moment you realize your boyfriend doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut.

And a final side-note, as I haven't been here for a day or two: those who like my Ancienverse stories, the latest, and last, oneshot is now up!

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
It's time for our-

Daily Caption!

Caption this

Context: When Bae is about to say something stupid

My opinion: I really find this moemnt cute and unexpected. I really didn't saw that Serena action coming. It's not natural for her to do such a thing. It didn't fit her character at all.
If my Bae is going to say something stupid, the last I thing I would think about is to stop her. It's just weird :p. You don't touch someones mouth to keep her/him silent.
It's alsow very strange why Grace didn't ask Ash what he was gonna say. But it's a golden Serena moment for sure, that look on her face xD. *Please shut up dork*

And about the pic below: I really think #Graceknows because yes, I think I was even first ever to mention it that mothers would know instinctively. #TeamInstinct :D. Many say she wouldn't know but moms Always know you have that secret crush on that guy she is hanging aroung with 7/24. Why was Serena planning to go on her own way anyway? Why would her mother allow her? I think she knew from the beginning Serena was chasing Ash. It was too Obvious.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
It's time for our-

Daily Caption!

Caption this

Ah, this scene says two things. The first is that Serena has no confidence that Grace will be accepting of her new path in life. The second is that she has enough confidence in her relationship with Ash to just shove her hand in his face without a second thought.

Red Pheonix

Context: When Bae is about to say something stupid

My opinion: I really find this moemnt cute and unexpected. I really didn't saw that Serena action coming. It's not natural for her to do such a thing. It didn't fit her character at all.
If my Bae is going to say something stupid, the last I thing I would think about is to stop her. It's just weird :p. You don't touch someones mouth to keep her/him silent.
It's alsow very strange why Grace didn't ask Ash what he was gonna say. But it's a golden Serena moment for sure, that look on her face xD. *Please shut up dork*

And about the pic below: I really think #Graceknows because yes, I think I was even first ever to mention it that mothers would know instinctively. #TeamInstinct :D. Many say she wouldn't know but moms Always know you have that secret crush on that guy she is hanging aroung with 7/24. Why was Serena planning to go on her own way anyway? Why would her mother allow her? I think she knew from the beginning Serena was chasing Ash. It was too Obvious.

Idk, if it were me, I would be like Serena. I would be, "Goddammit! Did you have to do that, [insert name]?" in mind.

I don't think Grace knew Serena went to chase Ash, Serena didn't mention him when she went out in her journey. Although she might start suspecting things.........

Ah, this scene says two things. The first is that Serena has no confidence that Grace will be accepting of her new path in life. The second is that she has enough confidence in her relationship with Ash to just shove her hand in his face without a second thought.

Wow, Serena trusts Ash on something? I didn't notice this aspect before.

valvenya

I don't think Grace knew Serena went to chase Ash, Serena didn't mention him when she went out in her journey. Although she might start suspecting things.........
Ash was shown on TV. The next day Serena starts her journey.
Later Serena ends up travelling with that same boy, that was shown on TV.

May be Grace didn't see when they showed his face...
Or may be she forgot.

But I don't think so.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Ash was shown on TV. The next day Serena starts her journey.
Later Serena ends up travelling with that same boy, that was shown on TV.

May be Grace didn't see when they showed his face...
Or may be she forgot.

But I don't think so.

You're forgetting one thing. We have no evidence Serena told her mother about the boy in the forest.
As far as Grace knows, Serena's starting her journey was random.

valvenya

You're forgetting one thing. We have no evidence Serena told her mother about the boy in the forest.
As far as Grace knows, Serena's starting her journey was random.
Yeah, but she still could remember that Serena ended up travelling with the boy shown on TV the day before she started journey.
But Grace could still think that was a coincidence.

Anyways, we don't know anything, until writers hint on that.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
It's time for our-

Daily Caption!

Caption this

One of my favorite episodes...good times. The first image, it's nice to see that Ash was trying to speak up for Serena, but come on man...use your brain! I was actually surprised Serena did that too, I thought she would've kicked him under the table instead. As for the 2nd caption, Serena's thought "Mom what're you doing!?" Ash's thought "Umm...ok."

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
One of my favorite episodes...good times. The first image, it's nice to see that Ash was trying to speak up for Serena, but come on man...use your brain! I was actually surprised Serena did that too, I thought she would've kicked him under the table instead. As for the 2nd caption, Serena's thought "Mom what're you doing!?" Ash's thought "Umm...ok."

Nah, Serena is too caring to hurt someone. She never really hurted Ash (snowballs are soft). I could have expected more like a interruption and: 'Ash, I need to talk to you, just you alone, just come here'

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Wow, Serena trusts Ash on something? I didn't notice this aspect before.

Well, she didn't really have a choice to trust Ash with the showcases. If she wanted to stay with Ash and compete in showcases, Ash would have to know.

There is evidence that Serena legitimately trusts Ash very deeply though. Seeing the Forest for the Trees is a great example. She opened up to him a lot.

Heekful

I don't think I have to introduce Akemi Omode if you don't know she did a lot of Amourshipping/Serena's episodes like the date episode , the dance party , every tripokalon (except the Evee one) , the Ash vs Shota Kalos league with the unnecessary blush too and she wrote something on Twitter , someone tell me that she told us that she's writing the last 3 XY&Z episodes , can anyone confirm this ?
https://twitter.com/omodeakemi/status/780785827597156352
If it's true , it's amazing imo , I love every episodes she did (except the bait dancing episode but whatever she learn from that probably)