• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
This talk about popularity is really getting out of hand (Ah yes, the good ol' days of the amourshipping thread, lol)

Anyway, I'd really want to see Serena again but not this early and even if she does get a special episode or a short cameo, amourshipping-wise, it would be better for her not to see Ash just yet (not after what she had told him before they parted ways). But it would be nice to see some kind of an indirect interaction between them like a letter or a video message, telling each other that they're doing well in their respective journeys and/or that reminds them to keep going on for their goals no matter what the circumstances are.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I'm thrilled to see that this place is getting some popularity again.

Are we in need of a topic?

True, though ironically, the source of this thread finally getting some activity is due to another character and not Serena. Regardless, as we've discussed, Misty's return gives a lot us hope that Serena should return as well, though we still can't tell if it's for SM or gen 8.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Sadly, no matter what topic is being brought up (amourshipping related) someone would automatically be cynical about the situation and a debate would start until we reach the point of getting off-topic and it would take a moderator to break the discussion and repeat (You can't use the excuse of "You're just taking it out of the context"). This has been the cycle of this thread even from the very first Amourshipping thread.

I think a discussion about fanfics would be a good change of phase, at least for a while. So yeah, um, anyone got any Amourshipping Fanfics that they liked? Would you recommend it to every amourshippers?

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
I think a discussion about fanfics would be a good change of phase, at least for a while. So yeah, um, anyone got any Amourshipping Fanfics that they liked? Would you recommend it to every amourshippers?

Apparently that huge rewrite of Kanto, OI, Johto etc with Ash and Serena travelling together is really good, although I haven't read past the first 2 chapters myself

If she ever comes back, I would love it if they throw in a cheeky (obvious) Ash hint (or two ;) ) although I doubt they would be that generous nor can I imagine something that would be in character for Ash atm :/

Rajas

Is it fair to assume that this thread is not too active? I feel like amourshipping is something that shouldn't really die though especially since I missed all these discussions lmao. Will any of you ever stop shipping AshXSerena?

Motor Bug2005

Is it fair to assume that this thread is not too active? I feel like amourshipping is something that shouldn't really die though especially since I missed all these discussions lmao. Will any of you ever stop shipping AshXSerena?

I pop in every now and again to check the boards but yeah, it is pretty inactive at the moment. I'm fairly confident that Amourshipping as a whole won't be dying anytime soon. After all, AFAIK, no other long running children's anime series has introduced an actual love interest for the main character, have that character leave the series indefinitely and have another love interest take their place later down the line. But even if they do eventually end up taking that route (which I sincerely hope they never do), AshxSerena will always be my anime OTP.

Rajas

I pop in every now and again to check the boards but yeah, it is pretty inactive at the moment. I'm fairly confident that Amourshipping as a whole won't be dying anytime soon. After all, AFAIK, no other long running children's anime series has introduced an actual love interest for the main character, have that character leave the series indefinitely and have another love interest take their place later down the line. But even if they do eventually end up taking that route (which I sincerely hope they never do), AshxSerena will always be my anime OTP.

Yeah I suppose so, to me it was the only ship I have ever actually been a fan of to the point where I wanted to see it happen. The rest were just never interesting past friends to me. I assume she will return as well but it may take some time :/

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
The reason why this thread doesn't seem active as much is because we were all spoiled by how many hints Serena would give for the whole series of XY. There was no looking for hints that may or may not be there. Serena would give them away for the audience to see, thus starting discussion once again. For an anime series that rarely wants to give Ash any kind of romance, this was a rare boon for whole shipping community. It also helps that the romance subtext was actually building to a pay off that was the kiss.

Rajas

The reason why this thread doesn't seem active as much is because we were all spoiled by how many hints Serena would give for the whole series of XY. There was no looking for hints that may or may not be there. Serena would give them away for the audience to see, thus starting discussion once again. For an anime series that rarely wants to give Ash any kind of romance, this was a rare boon for whole shipping community. It also helps that the romance subtext was actually building to a pay off that was the kiss.

Agreed, I actually think more fun was in noting the difference in Satoshi himself and the subtle hints the animation gave to him.

Red Pheonix

How many days since I have posted here for real? It feels like eternity lol. Anyways, let's talk!

Sadly, no matter what topic is being brought up (amourshipping related) someone would automatically be cynical about the situation and a debate would start until we reach the point of getting off-topic and it would take a moderator to break the discussion and repeat (You can't use the excuse of "You're just taking it out of the context"). This has been the cycle of this thread even from the very first Amourshipping thread.

The age old problem of this thread, negetivity. You should be pretty familiar with it. I myself particularly remember the situation after the Kalos league and right before the very final episode. Oh my God, it's a miracle how we even simply hoped for a simple acknowledgement of Serena's feelings, forget stuff about confession. And then.................we know what happened.

Fanfics? There's the usual reccommendations, like the ones by Epicocity, potat lasaro, FanaticLAguy06. There's a bunch of fanfic discussions buried in this thread. You may find some luck with the search bar. Or you can*incoming shameless advertising* read my one. The link is in my sig.

No, never.

There's also another thing working here. The story of Serena getting along with Ash got a resolution. Atleast in terms of Serena finally making a relationship upgrade and Ash actually getting to know something about how Serena thinks of him. Before that, there was an excitement about "When will Serena get Ashy boy?" There was a lot of uncertinity to it. It felt like it could go either way. Like a good sports match. It was the feul for 1500+ page discussion. When that question is answered, the excitement is gone. Once you got what you want, that's it. It's over. Doesn't help the fact that we burned every little thing there is to discuss about Amour.

Unless of course, they decide to add more to the story, then "5 page every min" train will start chugging again. Chu chu!

Agreed, I actually think more fun was in noting the difference in Satoshi himself and the subtle hints the animation gave to him.

As much as it irritates me, I'll admit that those ambigous facial expressions by Ash really gives room for a lot of imagination. And it's always ten times fun when you're imagining things.

Rajas

Yeah I think the speculation about Ash is where it's at tbh. It's something that will always divide opinion as well which is maybe good or maybe not as the writers will always know what they wanted. Side note, your fan fic is pretty good. Keep it up!

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics

It's the same with every Ash shipping. The most active time are the series the ship originated. After that it's pretty much only fanfiction/far fetched speculation about the girls who dissappeared or just some regular discussion about the ship until a cameo happens.

Silencers

Seasoned Trainer
Oh wow this thread came back to life it seems! I'm guessing it has to do with the Misty and Brock return? Anyway it seems that most people I've talked to don't really want Serena to be in S&M mainly due to it being too soon and that the theme of S&M might not stick well with her past development. However I would like an opinion on this but would anyone else be perfectly happy with either a special at the end of S&M or some kind of flashback reference to her? Or both I mean I'm not picky.

Miggersby97

So apparently an interview from Animedia teased that Ash's class might visit other regions as class projects. If this is true, then do you guys think that special guest appearance from Serena is likely? (If they go to Hoenn, of course)