1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Amourshipping Thread V3

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by Staff_Member, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Rajas

Rajas Well-Known Member

Exactly, that's why I loved her so much and why I loved their relationship in general. It was so real.

2. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

YouTubers decided it was Jan 1-7 because of Tumblr? Can you elaborate, please? I don't think I quite understand.

3. mystic9899

mystic9899 Pokemon fan

can't people just celebrate amourshipping day whenever they want? it's not like it's officially recognized or anything. any fanfics, discussions, fanarts, etc. that people do on amourshipping day can basically be done any other day.

just saying this since there seems to be confusion on when it actually is lol.

4. Epicocity

Epicocity Well-Known Member

No, YouTubers decided Amourshipping Day is October 17th, thus it is. Tumblr decided that Amourshipping Week is the first of January, thus it is. It's weird and a little diverging but they're what seems to be generally accepted, even if I'm not sure how active it'll be this week. Ironically enough, my own trilogy finishes just 2 days before, so I won't be taking part in it.

Maybe for the general public, but a large shipping community usually decides on a lot of things like this together and are pretty stubborn to change. I've never personally done anything for either of these things, but I know those who do take part in them, so it's really a chance for the community supporting the pairing to come together as a whole.

5. mystic9899

mystic9899 Pokemon fan

ah ok. i don't actually care about shipping or am a part of the community, but i was just wondering why a set date mattered so much.

6. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja ~Ice Cold~

Wasn't the Amour day on November 21st? Because that's the day when we saw the famous flashback scene in episode 7.

Either that or October 27th.

7. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

You know what's really funny about AmourShipping Day/Week?

No one can agree on when it is.

8. Rajas

Rajas Well-Known Member

I would assume the day has to be the date the kiss episode aired though? Well the new day anyways or at least one of them.

9. Epicocity

Nah, because Amour Day was decided years ago. To be honest, UltimateNinja, I would have opted for that date, too, but if you look at any "Amour Day MEP"s or AMVs on YouTube, you're gonna find them on or around the 17th. It seems the only ones that can't agree are us here. For the rest of the community on YT and Tumblr, it seems pretty straightforward.

10. Power Up

Power Up ...

Well, we can celebrate the 27th anyway cause we all know what happened then ;)

We might even see some sort of hint towards AmourShipping in the coming weeks or the 27th itself now wouldn't that be great?!

Do you guys think that could happen? Could the writers or anyone put an explicit Amour hint or something that has to do with Amour in general?

Also its nice to see the place up and running a bit more than usual

11. Rajas

Rajas Well-Known Member

If the writers/producers did take note of the date for the kiss, could use it for merchandising if anything. If anything, next year could have something as enough time will have passed but for now I don't see anything special happening.

12. Epicocity

^This. They're focused on telling SM's story now. The kiss, while glorious, is certainly not at the forefront of their minds for referencing in an episode that has nothing to do with it. And I'd prefer it that way. No shoehorning.

13. Rajas

Rajas Well-Known Member

Same, I have too much care for Serena and also her dynamic with Ash to just see it shoehorned in.

14. 86Pokéfan

86Pokéfan New Member

A: No because I'd rather see how the story grows. It's rather too soon. Maybe the next series…

B: To me, she already had some episodes about her. She needs her own series just like Ash (Satoshi) has currently similar to the Indigo League but the story would focus on her Kalos Queen journey. Since she went to Hoenn on her next journey, she'll run into May who is called the Princess of Hoenn. Who knows maybe May and Serena will battle for Ash's love. Ooooo I sense a plot twist!

C: If it means after Sun & Moon, most definitely!

15. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

I'd keep an eye on Shokotan's twitter, she might mention it. She did bring it up during the broadcast of the Lati@s movie this summer.

16. Power Up

Power Up ...

Hopefully one of the writers mention it, that's all that really matters

17. Motor Bug2005

Motor Bug2005 Well-Known Member

I wonder if Tetsuo Yajima will mention it on his Twitter; besides from being the director of X&Y, he did storyboard the kiss episode after all.

18. Power Up

Power Up ...

Yeah he might mention it as well

19. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

Happy AmourShipping Day AmourShipping Week Day Ash and Serena Met Day XY First Aired in Japan!

But in all seriousness, the SS Amour is celebrating the 17th to the 27th as our very own 10-day AmourShipping Week. So, from us to you, happy AmourShipping Week!

20. Rajas

Rajas Well-Known Member

Such amazing times :'(