• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

xEryChan

Demon Child
Guys, I don’t see how the discussion of the current series rating is relevant to Amourshipping. Don’t go off topic. If I have to step in again, you will not be happy. Discuss Amourshipping and Amourshipping only!

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Amourshipping week is actually January 1st-7th. Don't ask me why; I didn't make these rules, so...that's sadly how it is. And that would be 10 days anyway.

Who exactly made that call, and why? And I know, it would be a ten-day extended week. Hey, we're worth it.

Rajas

Hopefully not where she's still looking up to him like he can do no wrong. I'd like for them to have a little more playful banter and to actually see something from Ash's side so that it stops looking so one sided.

There were signs from Ash's side that were in line with how the show approached his character. He never showed his feelings really because he never understood how to act on anything outside the thrill of battling. She also saw his flaws but acknowledged his ability to bounce back from things that brought him down (bar Snowbelle loss where she stood up to him for him).

Epicocity

Who exactly made that call, and why? And I know, it would be a ten-day extended week. Hey, we're worth it.

YouTubers and Tumblr respectively. Once these things are set, they don't really change either. If I had it my way, Amour Day would be the day XY 7 aired, with the week leading up to it, but whatever.

And I'm well aware what happened on the 27th, but I'm a very technical man, which is why I can't call it an extended week, sadly.

Rajas said:
There were signs from Ash's side that were in line with how the show approached his character. He never showed his feelings really because he never understood how to act on anything outside the thrill of battling. She also saw his flaws but acknowledged his ability to bounce back from things that brought him down (bar Snowbelle loss where she stood up to him for him).

This. She admired him and acknowledged his flaws at the same time; she just preferred to focus on the positives he held rather than dwell on the negatives. She scolded him at least once every few episodes for either being reckless or something else, she just wasn't a jerk about it. Don't know why people don't see it...

Rajas

YouTubers and Tumblr respectively. Once these things are set, they don't really change either. If I had it my way, Amour Day would be the day XY 7 aired, with the week leading up to it, but whatever.

And I'm well aware what happened on the 27th, but I'm a very technical man, which is why I can't call it an extended week, sadly.

This. She admired him and acknowledged his flaws at the same time; she just preferred to focus on the positives he held rather than dwell on the negatives. She scolded him at least once every few episodes for either being reckless or something else, she just wasn't a jerk about it. Don't know why people don't see it...

Exactly, that's why I loved her so much and why I loved their relationship in general. It was so real.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

YouTubers decided it was Jan 1-7 because of Tumblr? Can you elaborate, please? I don't think I quite understand.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
can't people just celebrate amourshipping day whenever they want? it's not like it's officially recognized or anything. any fanfics, discussions, fanarts, etc. that people do on amourshipping day can basically be done any other day.

just saying this since there seems to be confusion on when it actually is lol.

Epicocity

YouTubers decided it was Jan 1-7 because of Tumblr? Can you elaborate, please? I don't think I quite understand.

No, YouTubers decided Amourshipping Day is October 17th, thus it is. Tumblr decided that Amourshipping Week is the first of January, thus it is. It's weird and a little diverging but they're what seems to be generally accepted, even if I'm not sure how active it'll be this week. Ironically enough, my own trilogy finishes just 2 days before, so I won't be taking part in it.

mystic9899 said:
can't people just celebrate amourshipping day whenever they want? it's not like it's officially recognized or anything. any fanfics, discussions, fanarts, etc. that people do on amourshipping day can basically be done any other day.

just saying this since there seems to be confusion on when it actually is lol.

Maybe for the general public, but a large shipping community usually decides on a lot of things like this together and are pretty stubborn to change. I've never personally done anything for either of these things, but I know those who do take part in them, so it's really a chance for the community supporting the pairing to come together as a whole.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
Maybe for the general public, but a large shipping community usually decides on a lot of things like this together and are pretty stubborn to change. I've never personally done anything for either of these things, but I know those who do take part in them, so it's really a chance for the community supporting the pairing to come together as a whole.

ah ok. i don't actually care about shipping or am a part of the community, but i was just wondering why a set date mattered so much.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Wasn't the Amour day on November 21st? Because that's the day when we saw the famous flashback scene in episode 7.

Either that or October 27th.

Rajas

I would assume the day has to be the date the kiss episode aired though? Well the new day anyways or at least one of them.

Epicocity

Nah, because Amour Day was decided years ago. To be honest, UltimateNinja, I would have opted for that date, too, but if you look at any "Amour Day MEP"s or AMVs on YouTube, you're gonna find them on or around the 17th. It seems the only ones that can't agree are us here. For the rest of the community on YT and Tumblr, it seems pretty straightforward.

Well, we can celebrate the 27th anyway cause we all know what happened then ;)

We might even see some sort of hint towards AmourShipping in the coming weeks or the 27th itself now wouldn't that be great?!

Do you guys think that could happen? Could the writers or anyone put an explicit Amour hint or something that has to do with Amour in general?

Also its nice to see the place up and running a bit more than usual

Rajas

If the writers/producers did take note of the date for the kiss, could use it for merchandising if anything. If anything, next year could have something as enough time will have passed but for now I don't see anything special happening.

Epicocity

If the writers/producers did take note of the date for the kiss, could use it for merchandising if anything. If anything, next year could have something as enough time will have passed but for now I don't see anything special happening.

^This. They're focused on telling SM's story now. The kiss, while glorious, is certainly not at the forefront of their minds for referencing in an episode that has nothing to do with it. And I'd prefer it that way. No shoehorning.

Rajas

^This. They're focused on telling SM's story now. The kiss, while glorious, is certainly not at the forefront of their minds for referencing in an episode that has nothing to do with it. And I'd prefer it that way. No shoehorning.

Same, I have too much care for Serena and also her dynamic with Ash to just see it shoehorned in.

86Pokéfan

Time to get this thread on the move!

A. Would you have Serena appear in a cameo in SM?

B. Would you have Serena have her own episode?

C. Would you have Serena appear in Gen 8?

Which one would you guys want?

A: No because I'd rather see how the story grows. It's rather too soon. Maybe the next series…

B: To me, she already had some episodes about her. She needs her own series just like Ash (Satoshi) has currently similar to the Indigo League but the story would focus on her Kalos Queen journey. Since she went to Hoenn on her next journey, she'll run into May who is called the Princess of Hoenn. Who knows maybe May and Serena will battle for Ash's love. Ooooo I sense a plot twist!

C: If it means after Sun & Moon, most definitely!

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Well, we can celebrate the 27th anyway cause we all know what happened then ;)

We might even see some sort of hint towards AmourShipping in the coming weeks or the 27th itself now wouldn't that be great?!

Do you guys think that could happen? Could the writers or anyone put an explicit Amour hint or something that has to do with Amour in general?

Also its nice to see the place up and running a bit more than usual

I'd keep an eye on Shokotan's twitter, she might mention it. She did bring it up during the broadcast of the Lati@s movie this summer.