• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Rajas

Personally don't remember him doing it to this extent where she told him it's far away and he did not even consider his gym battle.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
He stopped in a few special places for Dawn too

I don't doubt that my memory could be wrong, but if you want to make the assertion, please kindly cite it.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Hiya! Just dropped by for the 1st year anniversary of the last episode of XY&Z and most importantly, the moment that changed the anime's history. That one moment that blew every amourshippers away. That kiss Serena gave Ash was definitely a mind blower. I expect some great fanarts, fanfics, AMV to be dedicated for this day. Anyway, once again, happy 1st year of anniversary for Ash and Serena's official kiss.

Heekful

Happy kiss day everyone ! Can't believe it happened around page 91, I feel like it was yesterday... I will always remember this special day 1 year ago when I watched XY&Z 47 in live.
At the end of the episode I decided to come here on serebii (and Twitter) I saw almost everybody shocked and happy for the first time in the history of the Pokemon anime, Amourshipping brought something different to this show and I hope to see it again soon, 2017 brought nothing so let's hope 2018 will bring something.

Motor Bug2005

Now this is one occasion I'm not gonna be a day late for :D. I wonder how many of our fellow Amourshippers will visit to commemorate the 1 year anniversary of one of the most ground-breaking events in Pokemon anime history.

Happy Kiss Day, everyone! :club: :club:

Now I'm off to play Super Mario Odyssey ;)

Last edited:

Asianjayz

#ROCKANDROLLAmour
Hey fellow shipmates and guests! Today is the one year anniversary of that special scene. (Seems like I'm late to the party?) I recently reviewed the interview with Yajima and co and thought of an interesting question:

What is your opinion on incorporating the escalator into the scene?

I thought the escalator provides an interesting perspective into the scene. As Yajima stated in his interview, the escalator is meant to portray the loneliness from a forced separation. In a way, it is like the train platform farewell. But unlike the train scene, Serena ran up the escalator for that final moment, showing that resilience against the forced separation. The fact that she reaches Ash shows that the effort is not futile. It really ties in with the motto, “Don’t give up until the very end!” Now of course, after the kiss, the escalator takes Serena away, but the scene does provide hope. It depicts that even with a forced separation or obstacle, there are still ways to achieve the goals. I think the escalator really portrays this well. (With the train platform scene, having a person run after the train seems more futile.)

What do you guys think? Is the escalator a good setting for the kissing scene, or would you prefer somewhere else?

Epicocity

Ah, it really does feel like it was yesterday. From the brilliant dialogue to the way the scene was represented, that was a good day. I know most of us didn't expect it to go that way, but what a wonderful surprise the kiss was that day. Coupled with a genuinely brilliant ending to XY, it really was something to remember.

To answer Asianjayz, I'm actually really happy with where Yajima decided to put the scene because it just made so much sense. Not only for his symbolism of the two of them being pulled away, but also because it was a representation of character growth that Serena loved him, but decided to leave to better herself, anyway. It wouldn't have possibly worked anywhere else. Jackster just seems to be in denial when it was confirmed in the interview that it was two-sided and full of awesomeness. ;)

Rajas

Hey fellow shipmates and guests! Today is the one year anniversary of that special scene. (Seems like I'm late to the party?) I recently reviewed the interview with Yajima and co and thought of an interesting question:

What is your opinion on incorporating the escalator into the scene?

I thought the escalator provides an interesting perspective into the scene. As Yajima stated in his interview, the escalator is meant to portray the loneliness from a forced separation. In a way, it is like the train platform farewell. But unlike the train scene, Serena ran up the escalator for that final moment, showing that resilience against the forced separation. The fact that she reaches Ash shows that the effort is not futile. It really ties in with the motto, “Don’t give up until the very end!” Now of course, after the kiss, the escalator takes Serena away, but the scene does provide hope. It depicts that even with a forced separation or obstacle, there are still ways to achieve the goals. I think the escalator really portrays this well. (With the train platform scene, having a person run after the train seems more futile.)

What do you guys think? Is the escalator a good setting for the kissing scene, or would you prefer somewhere else?

It was definitely a good way to end, much more than most could have expected anyways. His explanation of it was good also, she didn't want to leave Ash but she also did to have her own growth and to one day be able to stand on equal footing as the person she saw him as. It was a beautifully sad moment in my eyes as it spelt a temporary end but one that we may or may not see have a continuation.

Also to everyone who treasures this ship and everything that came with it, I am sure we'd all have an amazing time reliving this and hopefully no one will ever let it disappear. Don't give up till it's over! That should be the motto for this thread's everlasting existence.

Epicocity

It was definitely a good way to end, much more than most could have expected anyways. His explanation of it was good also, she didn't want to leave Ash but she also did to have her own growth and to one day be able to stand on equal footing as the person she saw him as. It was a beautifully sad moment in my eyes as it spelt a temporary end but one that we may or may not see have a continuation.

Also to everyone who treasures this ship and everything that came with it, I am sure we'd all have an amazing time reliving this and hopefully no one will ever let it disappear. Don't give up till it's over! That should be the motto for this thread's everlasting existence.

That pretty much was our motto when the thread was still active, ha ha. It was a pretty hard time after Ash lost the League; a lot of people thought nothing would come of Amour. Glad the fear were proven wrong.

Rajas

That pretty much was our motto when the thread was still active, ha ha. It was a pretty hard time after Ash lost the League; a lot of people thought nothing would come of Amour. Glad the fear were proven wrong.

Even though the activity is low now, it's still good to know everyone is around :D. We'll always have something to hold on to!

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
It's already been a year since that episode aired? Wow

I have to say I was surprised at how satisfied I felt watching two fictional 10 year olds share an off screen kiss haha
Personally it always made me a little bit sad how Ash would usually never share a final hug with his companions when they depart (I know it's a cultural thing) so that scene was all the more satisfying, given how intimate it was

Genaller

Silver Soul
Happy Kiss Day everyone!!! Let us all rejoice that on October 27th last year Amourshipping was propelled to unfathomable heights and became the undisputed closest Ash ship to canonicity!

Rajas

It's already been a year since that episode aired? Wow

I have to say I was surprised at how satisfied I felt watching two fictional 10 year olds share an off screen kiss haha
Personally it always made me a little bit sad how Ash would usually never share a final hug with his companions when they depart (I know it's a cultural thing) so that scene was all the more satisfying, given how intimate it was

It was extremely satisfying, probably since I've personally been on a 20 year journey with him and for once it felt like it mattered, for once it ended and I was happy albeit a bit sad too. Guess it also did not feel too weird seeing as Ash had the attitude of 16. Makes you kind of wish for more in the future.

Navin

MALDREAD
I think that the point was that Ash traveled pretty far out of the way so that Serena could get to the Master Class. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that all of Dawn's contests were in cities they were going to be in or transiting through anyways, not special stops.

That's just writing convenience. If Dawn's Contests were in separate cities, the group would have traveled there too.

Happy Kiss Day everyone!!! Let us all rejoice that on October 27th last year Amourshipping was propelled to unfathomable heights and became the undisputed closest Ash ship to canonicity!

It was good in the moment, but it also a bit of a fanservice cop-out. An actual conversation would have been better and might have actually confirmed from his side (something like May/Drew's conversation but more definitive). For example, FSN:UBW didn't even have an on-screen kiss, yet it had a pretty satisfying ship.

Genaller

Silver Soul
That's just writing convenience. If Dawn's Contests were in separate cities, the group would have traveled there too.

It was good in the moment, but it also a bit of a fanservice cop-out. An actual conversation would have been better and might have actually confirmed from his side (something like May/Drew's conversation but more definitive). For example, FSN:UBW didn't even have an on-screen kiss, yet it had a pretty satisfying ship.

I agree that they would’ve but the anime never confirms that (e.g. Volkner is conveniently ready only after the GF is over; what if the GF was only half-way done and Volkner confirmed he was ready? Would Ash have stayed? Probably but we’ll never know because DP never tests this).

Did people really think Ash was going to outright confess his love for Serena? Even barring Amour Ash and Serena (like Ash and Dawn) built a good friendship and it’s clear that Ash is at least no longer dense about Serena’s feelings (particularly when you consider that they put the Amour moments in his flashback sequence and not Serena’s), so I overall I was satisfied based on my expectations (since I figured Ash’s hints were going to be subtle at best). If like you said there’s another series anime “romance” subplot say 10yeads from now then sure Amour gets devalued, but with the information we have now it’s the closest to canon by a long shot to the point where it would be reasonable to assume that Serena is Ash’s end game (even if we never actually see it).

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I agree that they would’ve but the anime never confirms that (e.g. Volkner is conveniently ready only after the GF is over; what if the GF was only half-way done and Volkner confirmed he was ready? Would Ash have stayed? Probably but we’ll never know because DP never tests this).

I doubt he would have just left the grand festival to go to the gym. It’s not like the gym would be going anywhere so I’m pretty sure Ash would have stayed to support Dawn in the GF.

I don’t understand how anyone can consider Ash suggesting they go to the Master Class first a hint. Lets just say that the Master Class is at a specific time during the year, they might have missed it if they went to the gym first. Plus, it’s not like Wolfric and the Snowbelle gym would be going anywhere while Serena was participating in the master class. I don’t really see that as a hint.

Did people really think Ash was going to outright confess his love for Serena? Even barring Amour Ash and Serena (like Ash and Dawn) built a good friendship and it’s clear that Ash is at least no longer dense about Serena’s feelings (particularly when you consider that they put the Amour moments in his flashback sequence and not Serena’s), so I overall I was satisfied based on my expectations (since I figured Ash’s hints were going to be subtle at best). If like you said there’s another series anime “romance” subplot say 10yeads from now then sure Amour gets devalued, but with the information we have now it’s the closest to canon by a long shot to the point where it would be reasonable to assume that Serena is Ash’s end game (even if we never actually see it).

Of course he wasn’t going to. Ash is not as dense about relationships since he was able to pick up on the fact that Alan really cares for Mairin but him picking up on a girl’s crush on him would be extremely unlikely. At least Serena had the guts to pretty much tell Ash that she has a crush on him.

Genaller

Silver Soul
I doubt he would have just left the grand festival to go to the gym. It’s not like the gym would be going anywhere so I’m pretty sure Ash would have stayed to support Dawn in the GF.

I don’t understand how anyone can consider Ash suggesting they go to the Master Class first a hint. Lets just say that the Master Class is at a specific time during the year, they might have missed it if they went to the gym first. Plus, it’s not like Wolfric and the Snowbelle gym would be going anywhere while Serena was participating in the master class. I don’t really see that as a hint.

Of course he wasn’t going to. Ash is not as dense about relationships since he was able to pick up on the fact that Alan really cares for Mairin but him picking up on a girl’s crush on him would be extremely unlikely. At least Serena had the guts to pretty much tell Ash that she has a crush on him.

Not that it’s a particularly strong one, but it’s note worthy since Ash didn’t do anything analogous for any other Pokegirl (yes he probably would have especially for May and Dawn had the opportunity been presented, but the anime has only explicitly shown him doing this for Serena).

I don’t really get why people still refer to end of XYZ Serena’s feelings for Ash as a “crush”. I’ve gone more in depth on this in another thread, but I would classify end of XYZ Serena’s feelings as genuine love.

Last edited:

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
Not that it’s a particularly strong one, but it’s note worthy since Ash didn’t do anything analogous for any other Pokegirl (yes he probably would have especially for May and Dawn had the opportunity been presented, but the anime has only explicitly shown him doing this for Serena).

I don’t really get why people still refer to end of XYZ Serena’s feelings for Ash as a “crush”. I’ve gone more in depth on this in another thread, but I would classify end of XYZ Serena’s feelings as genuine love.

Actually, the reason it's talked as it is for a hint is because if we go back to AG, there was a time when Ash complained about putting off his gym battle for May's Contest, but in the end they went to the Contest first even if Ash didn't want to. It was the fact that in XY, without even thinking about it that Ash stated they were going out of their way to the Master Class is why it's treated as such. It showed how Ash was willing to put Serena's goal before his gym battle even though they had already agreed to head to Snowbelle City...