1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Amourshipping Thread V3

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by Staff_Member, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

Serena is the first traveling companion to not receive a side story episode since they were introduced at the end of Diamond and Pearl, and the first (and only) not to meet another of Ash's companions from a different adventure. It is quite curious why they decided against that. I agree with you on the sentiment that I wish her travels in Hoenn received more attention, though I certainly wouldn't have expected more than a single side episode. Status quo is God on this show. That's not an AmourShipping problem, that's a Pokemon problem.

2. AznKei

AznKei Pump It Up Prime 2 Girl

Yeah, but I forgot to mention that I didn't watch that much of the Pokemon anime before XY, so I wasn't aware that the show was meant to be like this and being more critical about it. As for her Hoenn adventure, I got it covered from my fan project and I'm satisfied and proud about it. So whatever they tried to do something in the future with her, it's not my concern anymore, as I already moved on.

Anyways, I don't want to drag this further since it becomes off-topic, but I do feel bad for the Amourshippers. With all the ship teases the producers/writers made during XY than suddenly stayed quiet until now, I thought it was really mean from their parts.

3. matthew11

matthew11 8000 MMR

Agreed. It's inappropriate to show affection in public, considering the airport is sorta one. But even if it was taken privately, I doubt the frame in which the two kissed would be shown, considering the target audience are children (even though most of it are teenagers and young adults)

Hakajin... Familiar name. You a veteran here?

4. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

I thought the same thing. Hakajin is the PokeShipper who was having conversations with us a while back, if I recall correctly.

Ah, that makes more sense. I didn't realize that you didn't know much of the show pre-XY.

Please, don't feel bad for us. We're quite well-off, probably better off than anyone else is. The XY series going the way that it did would've been considered a dream or a delusion five years ago. I was NegaiShipper too, back when that was current, and trust me, there was no talk of whether or not Iris would confess her feelings to Ash or how Iris would follow Ash into the next region. It was, for most intents and purposes, a platonic relationship, just like all of the others that Ash had. And we certainly didn't feel bad or ripped off or sorry for ourselves. Negai never gained much support for a major pairing, in part due to being relatively underwhelming compared to last generation's PearlShipping, in part due to the counter-support for WishfulShipping, and in part due to the shoddiness of Best Wishes. Despite that, we still had our moments, the stares and fights and makeups that were staples of any major pairing at that point. And we were happy for that. We celebrated that. There was never really any feeling that we got a bad deal. And yet, knowing what we know now, AmourShipping was so much more. We got a crush, two dates, three+ #PersonKnows, a snowball, and a kiss. Any one of those events alone would be a cornerstone of another pairing. So, seriously, don't feel bad for the AmourShippers. I don't.

5. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

The XY anime is pretty much the XY games had they been given more time to be fleshed out

Ironically going against the "want better Pokémon storytelling? Remove Ash."

Which they sorta did, because the anime focused on Serena, Bonnie, Alain... Heck, even gym leaders were quite fleshed out as characters whereas their game counterparts are mostly forgettable

A complete 180 from how they were handled in Best Wishes, incidentally, where the games were much more coherent than the anime...

But that's neither here nor there

6. Blood Red

Blood Red ...

Well, I'm glad we got something before Pokémon went full Yokai Watch on us. I seriously doubt there'll be another semi-canon ship in the series till Ash in Alola, if ever again. XY took far more risks than I thought it would, and I doubt they'll do something like this ever again.

7. KenzeyEevee

KenzeyEevee Eevee, the one with a kind heart

Good point. But I think it was worth it. I also think that Ash understands Serena's feelings for him better. SM hasnt focused on love yet, so we dont know how he would react. But I think he understands love better in general. His sprankeling eyes when Serena kissed him, I find that really special!

8. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

What if Serena mistake Ash of giving her Wedding Ring and it was a Mega Ring instead

9. KenzeyEevee

Lol would be cool.

God I hate Yokai Watch...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2018
  10. skybattler262

skybattler262 Well-Known Member

HI GUYS!!!! LONG TIME NO SEE!!!!

But seriously, I do remember that suggestion back in the day of requesting a 'Secret Base' AMV... With how much Amour has gone, we now have very good collection of AMVs focusing on their growth as characters.

Been a long time to post because of several things like college. However, since this forum hasn't been updated, I would like to start with a shipping-related question:

If Amour would be dropped in a another universe after all these development, what kind of story arc would you want it to continue?

Well, for me (and due to my liking of Kingdom Hearts lately), it would be Kingdom Hearts. For some reason, I cannot help but think of Serena potentially following the steps Kairi is currently taking (maybe in a post-KH3 timeline, she could train under her :) Sounds too good as a fanfiction material).

Although I would like to have them journey under separate paths, with each of them learning different lessons while thinking about each other constantly and learning. (Ash incidentally learning more about how to be more open about himself and his emotions, while Serena goes on to a path of maturity from a teenage girl to a wonderful woman... a natural progression of both characters).

I might be going well ahead... but just imagining that journey would even make each other even closer than before... or maybe it's just me.

11. KenzeyEevee

How would Ash feel towards Serena after their kiss?

12. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

He well still feel shocked about it

13. Mizz Nikki

Mizz Nikki Fluffy and Cute

I’m pretty sure Ash only thinks of Serena as a friend, even after their kiss. He is fully aware of Serena’s crush on him now but he is so focused on his dream that he is not looking for a girlfriend.

But maybe in the near future, that will change. Maybe Ash will see Serena as his future waifu more than a friend. I’m hopeful about that.

14. I am an Amourshipper. I'll join this thread please.
    My favourite moment is the one where Ash gave Serena the ribbon
    I look forward to making friends with you fellow Amourshippers

Hopefully this community is nicer than the (The S.S. Amour) The Amourshippers kinda ruined Amourshipping for me as well, because they acted so bad on there
    and they plagiarized fics on there

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018 at 8:48 AM
  15. dontmesswithasnowman

dontmesswithasnowman New Freezer

Alright so it’s been like a year or two since I remembered to check this. GlitchXCity had an XY theme remix with Serena on it and the nostalgia hit like a freight train. For some reason people on this thread are so negative (or were on the last three pages) I’m no expert but I have been watching great romance anime and such for awhile now and I went back and saw the fever scene and the airport kiss scene.

To make myself clear go back and see these moments in context with how Japanese culture portrays itself (at least in anime) one should draw a safe conclusion that it was pretty heavy stuff. For some reason anime writers love and I mean love to make the guy denser than imaginable and yet they throw these scenes in that in terms of anime logic are a straight pathway to romance.

However I haven’t had a shred of interest in S&M for some reason and the games didn’t hold my interest like X/Y did so I haven’t been keeping up with anything and on the anime side have been foaming at the mouth for Fairy Tail and Code Geass to return so Pokemon was under my radar for awhile. However from what I understand with the new games coming out it only confirms something I guessed at years ago. This new GO style switch game is more kid oriented and I forget where I saw this, but I believe Gen 8 drops in 2019. My guess is it will definitely be older audience targeted. And we also saw Misty and Brock return in S&M (it’s the only thing I’ve been keeping up with from the show) if they can bring back Misty who we haven’t seen since Battle Frontier, Circa (2006) they sure as heck can bring back Serena at any time they please. So it’s extremely likely she’ll return in the future due to her popularity. And if you doubt her popularity go look at the kiss scene on YouTube and see it’s 3 million viewers. The writers aren’t stupid they are well aware that a majority of fans are actually teens and older (I mean somehow I’m already 20) They’re not going to shy away from a massive resovior of cash and support from lifelong fans like us, they’re more than likely just waiting for the right moment to give us a special to keep us hooked and then drop the main event which would be a return for her alongside Ash.

16. yab

yab Well-Known Member

Misty/Brock are only appearing for the Let's Go Kanto remakes, that's blatantly obvious. Same reason Misty appeared back in AG when FR/LG came out. Everything in the anime is a merchandize tie-in. The whole 20th anniversary and Let's Go games were bound to focus on Kanto characters, same reason other past characters like May/Dawn, etc. are not appearing because they have nothing to do with Kanto.

I really don't think Serena will appear in SM, especially this late into the saga. It's probably for the best, the SM version of Ash is too different from the XY Ash, and Serena wouldn't really fit into the tone/style of this saga. They'd feel nothing like their XY selves, since Serena's personality would likely be altered in SM the same way Ash's is. 2019 will be the last year for SM anyway, with Gen 8 coming out that Fall, so I don't really see Serena appearing in the last year. I think her cameo will be saved for years down the road when we hit another more serious saga since Serena appearing before an endgame saga will feel pointless since she'll just leave again. So I wouldn't expect to see her this gen.

Epicocity likes this.
  17. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

I guess this comic sums things up pretty well?

[​IMG]

Leonhart likes this.