• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

cf16polo

heey fellas, its been a while since the last time i got into this thread (about 2 years LOL) but that doesnt change the fact that i love amourshipping as much as you all, i know that this might sound pessimist but i dont really think that serena will ever make a cameo on sun and moon, we are really close to start the league and i dont really think that the animators might find a way (or even care) to introduce her for a couple of episodes, but anyway here comes a question to all of u, how do u think that serena could make a cameo on sun and moon and how would be ash reaction to her appearance?

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Hi. I feel its my time and place to post in this thread now. Hopefully i'm doing the right thing...

The thing is, i'm not gonna deney it: I'm actually still a bit of an amourshipper myself. In fact, I got in a REALLY huge argument with my family tonight (its complicated, I dun wanna get into it...). And you know what helped cheer me up after the stress and trauma happened for me? Thats right. Amourshipping amvs on youtube. One I even watched TWICE. So, listen, I have NOTHING against your pairing. Like at all. In fact, I can kinda see the whole point to it myself. Its really not a bad pairing.

Ash inspires Serena to be her better self. That...really isn't a bad thing at all. In fact, its really a lot like how Korrina is for me. She inspires me much like Ash inspires Serena. Whether or not Ash and Serena are meant to be together, I wouldn't really know for sure, but if I can keep loving Korrina with all the stress and drama in my life (some of it, admitedly, relates to my crush too.....), chances are, Serena will always love Ash. I don't think anyone can really replace him for her.

The real reason I started becoming a pearlshipper, too? Well, really, I like the way the general fandom acts better (from what i've seen). I don't like that amourshippers at least sometimes flame other shippers and Pokemon fans who aren't into amourshipping in general. Thats just....mean. I would like if the amourshippers who do stuff like that would please just STOP. Its not making your shipping look any better, its just stearing other people AWAY from amourshipping. I don't think any fan of the ship really would want that. I would think amourshipping is something fans could just enjoy together without drama. Drama doesn't really solve any issues; It only leads to MORE issues. I would like if Pokemon fans just STOP FIGHTING. Yes, I am a fangirl of Korrina, who is into 'fighting' type pokemon. But, really, I hate drama, and people just not getting along. It makes me feel sad. I don't like people getting hurt, or feeling unhappy. All I want is world peace and everyone getting along and being happy :) If there has to be fighting, can it just be in video games and media? And not in real life? (unless its for sport, thats okay)

Also, I actually would like to make friends with some of the amourshipper community. I wouldn't like to be caught up in any drama or hate towards other shippers, of course. But being friends with amourshippers and just staying at good terms with shippers in general would make me feel happy.

Hopefully I made the right type of post and am helping the shipping community as a whole :) I just want us all to be friends! No fighting, no enemies, no matter what ships we like or what bad choices we made in our lives even. Also, I still like some things about pearlshipping, too (regardless of the community): I like Ash and Dawn's team work, for one. But that doesn't devalue Amourshipping for me either. Seeing that Ash inspires Serena is indeed a positive aspect to me too. I admit, i'm not currently a huge Pokemon anime watcher (i don't really know any good sites, maybe someone could pm me some?). But from what I know about some ships, both amour and pearl have aspects I like.
Welcome

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Honestly, I'd love to see Serena come back...but I don't see it happening till the show decides to have another drastic shift in tone and direction. Pokémon as it is right now just has no place for romance whatsoever.

If Serena returns to the anime, it'll be for the last season.

Redstar45

Honestly, I'd love to see Serena come back...but I don't see it happening till the show decides to have another drastic shift in tone and direction. Pokémon as it is right now just has no place for romance whatsoever.

Generation eight might shifts the tone as there is lot of the rumors ran around since mid-18s ....said that game is like a breath of the wild and gamefreak is sound they are very hype up about it as well

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Given Serena's normal behavior around Ash, not having her in the school setting is kind of a letdown. Obviously they weren't going to keep her around for two regions, but it feels like maybe they should have delayed her introduction to the anime until the current region.

Epicocity

Given Serena's normal behavior around Ash, not having her in the school setting is kind of a letdown. Obviously they weren't going to keep her around for two regions, but it feels like maybe they should have delayed her introduction to the anime until the current region.
Why? If anything, it would cheapen the entire effect. People may not always like Amourshipping, but turning it into a gag (and we all know SM would) is nowhere near preferable compared to folding it into a metric of her character development. Yajima's focus on said development ended up making her one of the best written characters in the series; introducing her in SM would've done no favors regardless of fitting the setting or not.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Generation eight might shifts the tone as there is lot of the rumors ran around since mid-18s ....said that game is like a breath of the wild and gamefreak is sound they are very hype up about it as well

That would be great, but the game being darker doesn't necessarily reflect how the anime itself will present it. I honestly expect the anime to dilute the story into something as kid-friendly as humanly possible, since it only exists as a tool to market the games to kids.

I disagree. Serena was great in XY, and the anime wouldn't have grabbed my attention if she wasn't in it. Plus, it was nice seeing Ash share a kiss with her before the whole series got rebooted.

Redstar45

Well xy&z series is sort darker than the game (well kinda) and just because i said that upcoming pocket monsters game is might shifts the tone.......it doesn't really mean the game because overdark like pocket monsters special manga do (sometimes overdoing it if you asking me )

SatoSere

During the crossdressing episode, the narration said this "
あなたがストイックな人間との関係に悩んでいるなら
その人物になりきることで
良好な関係を築く糸口を見つけられるかもしれない"

"If you are worried from relationships with stoic people
By being able to be that person
You may be able to find a clue to build a good relationship"

Is it the correct translation Dephender? >.<

Her feelings for Satoshi make Serena a sensitive, sweet, humble and loving feminine girl who wishes to reach him, walk with him together in their lives, Serena loves Satoshi.
Satoshi has close relationship to Serena, his feelings towards her grow, considering her as very special girl that gives her a lot of life in all.

Some more scene, The narrator explaining how Serena is confused or worried if she will continue traveling with Ash and others or if she going to pursue her dream.(after Palermo asking Serena to come with her)
At this time the words of Satoshi help her (the scene on her last showcase on right side picture) to decide so she pursue her dream and went to Hoenn
xMVuRPx.png
5PJRiB6.png

some more interested picture,
FhPiFhe.png

jbTHwyn.png

img*]

Serena's dream beyond her goal is to be with Satoshi. Never give up, their stories between Satoshi and Serena have a very strong bond to live many moments and things together in a happy future of Pokémon. Serena's love for Satoshi will last forever!

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Well xy&z series is sort darker than the game (well kinda) and just because i said that upcoming pocket monsters game is might shifts the tone.......it doesn't really mean the game because overdark like pocket monsters special manga do (sometimes overdoing it if you asking me )

Yeah, but it seems like Pokémon is taking its maturity backwards. SM was a huge tone (and art style) shift, and I don't really see anything changing this if the formula works.

Her feelings for Satoshi make Serena a sensitive, sweet, humble and loving feminine girl who wishes to reach him, walk with him together in their lives, Serena loves Satoshi.
Satoshi has close relationship to Serena, his feelings towards her grow, considering her as very special girl that gives her a lot of life in all.

Serena's dream beyond her goal is to be with Satoshi. Never give up, their stories between Satoshi and Serena have a very strong bond to live many moments and things together in a happy future of Pokémon. Serena's love for Satoshi will last forever!

Are these translations, or just your personal thoughts? I honestly have a hard time believing they'd go this far to promote Serena and her feelings, unless...

Redstar45

Yeah, but it seems like Pokémon is taking its maturity backwards. SM was a huge tone (and art style) shift, and I don't really see anything changing this if the formula works.
Maybe but the movie universe had both light-heart and dark emotional stuff......maybe gen 8 anime might pull it off?

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Maybe but the movie universe had both light-heart and dark emotional stuff......maybe gen 8 anime might pull it off?

The movies seem to be pandering to the nostalgic crowd who grew up with Pokémon. I honestly don't think the anime is gonna go in that direction if S/M works well enough.

Krisu

So sad that I don't understand what they talking about. Maybe something about that Latias flight and Mawile. Maybe they try to break a code which hinted where Serena kissed Ash ;)

But seriously it would be nice to know what they talked. Still it is nice see that again they show kiss scene in their official account, this time in Youtube ^_^

AshSerena

Calling @AshSerena and @Dephender for this.

Article source
http://pokemon-matome.net/articles/191564.html

They're talking about the past to the most recent anipoke. The video talks about XY series with Ash and Serena's kiss included. This also looked like an official Pokemon channel

So sad that I don't understand what they talking about. Maybe something about that Latias flight and Mawile. Maybe they try to break a code which hinted where Serena kissed Ash ;)

But seriously it would be nice to know what they talked. Still it is nice see that again they show kiss scene in their official account, this time in Youtube ^_^

Just a quick summary from that video (sorry about my english >.<)
(Btw this is just Hyadain and Kurihara opinion)

Hyadain saying how Serena influence Shokotan to cut her hair like Serena did in anime
Kurihara saying that Serena is "young lady" , that all of the previous Heroine on each series, Serena is no 1 heroine.
Then Kurihara mention about the date episode how Satoshi is not aware that Serena is inlove with him.

lastly they mention the farewell episode escalator scene (Kissing scene) where Hyadain saying how Serena climb up escalator but saying "I dont know what she did there tho"
then Kurihara saying something like " I know there's alot of people who saw that scene questioning if she really did it or not, but for me.. in my opinion..I think she did it"
then Hyadain starting to laugh (while there is a caption saying "He said it!")
Then Kurihara explain why he thought Serena did it,
Kurihara explain that the airplane that Serena ride was called "Latias Airlines" plus the Flight number is H71 flight and Hyadain is like "H71? what do you mean?"
then Kurihara explain that Mawile Pokedex no in Hoenn was 71 then mention about the Latias movie where Latias kissed Satoshi on the cheek.
Mawile japanese name is クチート which can also read as "口と" means "mouth"

Then Hyadain react saying something like "I think that's impossible"
then lastly Kurihara and Hyadain explain at the end that I'ts just their personal thought,

Last edited:

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato

Hyadain saying how Serena influence Shokotan to cut her hair like Serena did in anime
Kurihara saying that Serena is "young lady" , that all of the previous Heroine on each series, Serena is no 1 heroine.
Then Kurihara mention about the date episode how Satoshi is not aware that Serena is inlove with him.

lastly they mention the farewell episode escalator scene (Kissing scene) where Hyadain saying how Serena climb up escalator but saying "I dont know what she did there tho"
then Kurihara saying something like " I know there's alot of people who saw that scene questioning if she really did it or not, but for me.. in my opinion..I think she did it"
Kurihara explain that the airplane that Serena ride was called "Latias Airlines" plus the Flight number is H71 flight and Hyadain is like "H71? what do you mean?"
then Kurihara explain that Mawile Pokedex no in Hoenn was 71 then mention about the Latias movie where Latias kissed Satoshi on the cheek.

then lastly Kurihara and Hyadain explain at the end that I'ts just their personal thought,

Thanks as always @AshSerena!!

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Calling @AshSerena and @Dephender for this.

Article source
http://pokemon-matome.net/articles/191564.html

They're talking about the past to the most recent anipoke. The video talks about XY series with Ash and Serena's kiss included. This also looked like an official Pokemon channel

That's because it is an official Pokémon channel. All the videos are official, can't be commented on, and I already subscribed to it many years ago.

And here I thought that analysis was only done by fans who had way too much time on their hands. Glad to know that even the official Pokémon videos acknowledge this little easter egg.

And is it just me, or did they avoid using the K-word? Guess it is true; kissing is a taboo for the radar. And Yajima managed to sneak it in...

D

Deleted member 384931

I think Amourshipping is still popular, as many VA's like it and pokémon company itselfs promotes it.