1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Amourshipping Thread V3

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by Staff_Member, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

They are, the kiss got brought up on two separate occasions this year alone. Other pairings don't get "shown support" because... well, they're fan inventions.

Spider-Phoenix and KenzeyEevee like this.
  2. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

In 2019, you mean? Or in the last 365 days? Still, you're right, it is quite impressive.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  3. Dephender

In 2019, in the New Year Special and the XY part of the Pokenchi's anime retrospective. Both were brought up here.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  4. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

Well, my memory is clearly an absolute dumpster fire then lol

5. Dephender

Spider-Phoenix and AshSerena like this.
  6. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

7. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

Not to mention this pairing has actual canon reference unlike the other pairings. By the way did anyone watch the Gen 8 promo there was a blonde trainer who challenged the female player to a battle which kinda looked like serena maybe her design was influenced by serena.

Fan inventions? Well pokeshippers aren't gonna like your comment they still believe to this day that pokeshipping is still closest ship to canon.

Spider-Phoenix and KenzeyEevee like this.
  8. KenzeyEevee

KenzeyEevee The Realistic male Eevee

Does she looks like Serena?

9. Satoshi no masara

Satoshi no masara I'm not Red

I mean, part of Serena's character is her admiration/feelings for Ash so I wouldn't be surprised if amourhsipping is still relevant and that "kiss", my Arceus, that's a record breaker for the entire Anipoke's history.

You're not alone on this. When I first watched the Pokemon SwSh's trailer, I immediately thought of Serena when the "Lass" in uniform showed up.

As a matter of fact, there's a couple of fanarts showing that. Here's a sample: https://twitter.com/sawakeny/status/1101086122728255488

10. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

Well, not judging the value or trying to push for a ship war, specially because I agree, but one of the others is also an american dub invention.

11. Redstar45

Redstar45 The Fire type master !

Not wanting to add any more fire to stupid shipping war but it is was few hinted in os-ag era (ani sub) that kasumi and Satoshi do have a feeling toward each others .

12. Sushi

Sushi unspecified Staff Member Super Mod

Let's not talk about other ships here.

13. Redstar45

Redstar45 The Fire type master !

Ok.

14. KenzeyEevee

KenzeyEevee The Realistic male Eevee

It is interesting since the end of XYZ, Ash notices things like a "wedding" and "love" and understands them (a bit)

15. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

"[Romantic] couples are like really good buddies, right?" -- Ash in Best Wishes

16. Shadao

Shadao Well-Known Member

Apparently, March 14 is Satoshi Day according to Twitter since I see this tag trending:

#サトシの日

I wonder why it's that particular day...

Incidentally, March 14 is also a Japanese Holiday called "White Day," which is exactly one month after Valentine's Day. According to the article on White Day:

Looks like Satoshi is going to have to give Serena a special gift in return.

17. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

I didn't actually realize Satoshi Day was a thing. Why March 14th?

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  18. Shadao

Shadao Well-Known Member

I believe it has something to do with 3/14. Getting numbers based on your name is common in Japan from my understanding, and there's a Japanese wordplay called Goroawase.

For example, according to Bulbapedia:

So if we play by Goroawase's rules, we have three numbers for March 14: 314

Based on the translation table:

3 = sa
    1 = hi(to)
    4 = shi

So 314 can read Satoshi (サトシ). Hence Satoshi Day. And just so happens to land on the day that Satoshi must give a gift to Serena if Serena gave him a box of chocolate on Valentine's Day.

19. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

Didn't even knew that Goroawase thing existed. Quite fun.

Shame I just see it today but since it's better late than never:

Happy Ash day!

20. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

So how is this goroawase's wordplay done and what would be the number of serena and some other characters.