• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Thank you for telling me that because I did know if it was true or not. I mean she haven't voice a character since Serena.

Are you sure you didn't read that tweet on or around april 1st because most people fool each other on that day.

p96822

Evolve me please
If Serena ever did came back to the series then what would you want her to do. I think Serena could introduce Contest and Showcases to the class and maybe doing a Contest battle.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
If Serena ever did came back to the series then what would you want her to do. I think Serena could introduce Contest and Showcases to the class and maybe doing a Contest battle.
Sit under a palm tree with Ash and make out I mean what

Mewtario

"Shipping" Navigator
Well, I think it's fair to say that the ship is alive and well. Twitch just wrapped up a marathon of the entirety of XY, and the episodes the chat anticipated the most throughout XY&Z were Serena dressing as Ash and the kiss. Honorable mention to the Serena/Ash fight-and-make-up episode seemingly boosting stream viewership from around 10,000 to over 15,000 if I remember the figures correctly.

Irina

ready for Gen 8

Chances for that are extremely low and if, I don't think they'll ever bring that ship up again or tease it further.
Out of the ship's fanbase... Serena is probably one of the most hated characters in the entire franchise.

And I can't really see her appearing in Alola anymore... and Galar? Who knows. You have like 3 new Pokégirls in the mix for a short cameo in the Galar region... so Serena appearing became even more unlikely.

BUT.... If they decide to bring her back one last time, then it should be a battle between her and the Galar pokégirl. Serena can definitely teach her some things after she travelled Hoenn by herself.

D

Deleted member 384931

I still do not understand why they did not give Serena a special episode. I mean each travelling companion of Ash received one (except Max and Tracey I believe) and Serena is quite popular in Japan. Are they planning something or are the writers done with Serena?

Irina

ready for Gen 8
I still do not understand why they did not give Serena a special episode. I mean each travelling companion of Ash received one (except Max and Tracey I believe) and Serena is quite popular in Japan. Are they planning something or are the writers done with Serena?

Iris never got a special episode with Ash too.
The writers are simply done with Serena at that point. That's what I think atleast.

They screwed up big time anyway. With that scene from the airport... they have to bring her back at some point. NO, they MUST bring her back. It was the ultimate setup. The words she said to Ash, that one special scene... They somewhat set this up for a future relationship between the two... even though they probably never had the intention to do that.

It's a very complicated thing and the writers definitely didn't do themselves a favor with it. People don't forget these kind of scenes.

SatoSereFan224888

For Galar, I want for Ash & Serena to be married, have a daughter who wants to be like Ash and when she hears about Galar, she really wants to check it out. I had a theory that the default female avatar from the original Sun & Moon games was the daughter of Serena & Ash. I named her Luna instead of Selene because I thought Luna Ketchum sounded neater than Selene Ketchum plus Selene sounds a little too much like Serena.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Yes, I really wish Serena has a Female Pikachu♀ near the place where Satoshi and Serena met for the first time in the Viridian Forest, Pallet Town.
That would've been a really cute way to close out the XY series, actually. I understand why they did it the way that they did, but I still personally wish that Serena confessed to Ash in that clearing.

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
Eh...I'd say the 'chemistry' bit is kinda debatable, it sorta depends on your own viewpoint. Some people think he had far better chemistry with Misty, May, Dawn...even Brock!
I should rephrase my self. Ash and Serena has the best ROMANTIC chemistry.
People who say he had better chemistry with other charcters like you mentioned, never watched XY to the end or prefer Ash x (insert some other girl).
Ash and Dawn had the best platonic chemistry.

D

Deleted member 384931

I think it is nice that the ship is still popular. I dont know why other people not like it

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
I think it is nice that the ship is still popular. I dont know why other people not like it
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If they don't like Amourshipping then they have their own reason. It's really not that weird to think that people don't like the ship. You can't have them all. Besides that, the more popular something is, the more it gets hated as well. That's quite common.

On the brighter side, yes, Amourshipping is as popular as ever. We still get several fanarts and fan novels every now and then.