1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Amourshipping Thread V3

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by Staff_Member, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Blood Red

Blood Red ...

Dude, I followed XY when all the eps were coming out. I also frequented the Amourshipping threads from back then all the time. Ash doesn't have feelings for her, or any other girl; those are just the facts. The only girl he's shown any attraction towards is Giselle from the original series, which I'm sure the creators just want us to forget about anyway.

Dream Lad and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  2. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

I'm not really sure what the point here is. All Ash pairings have been judged largely based on the other person's actions because Ash has been dense as hell since episode 10. This is a systemic problem with Pokemon, not something that applies solely to AmourShipping. It might be better to start a new thread to discuss this problem rather than do so here. If you want to walk away from Pokemon shipping because of it, that's your prerogative. I guarantee you that you will find the same issue in any other major pairing in this entire series.

3. J.Agera

J.Agera Don't push your luck.

That's true. But you gotta ship with you got.

4. Blood Red

Blood Red ...

Yeah, I know. I just have a problem with people claiming that Ash had some 'special feelings' for Serena, acting like it wasn't something one-sided. I have no problem with shipping, believe me.

Fair, but don't tell me to 'just go watch XY' and to not 'spit out things (I) don't know'.

Mew2, Dream Lad and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  5. SatoSere

SatoSere Well-Known Member

The Pokémon anime is very close to be fulfilled 3 years since Serena went to the Hoenn region (from the beginning: October 27, 2016 until the end: October 27, 2019 approximately, parallel to the duration of the SM anime). When Serena returns to meet Satoshi in Pallet Town (Kanto), new physical appearance she has long grown hair and a new style of hairstyle, Serena has a female Pikachu♀ in the Viridian Forest. In her memories she will show us a brief summary of her travel to Hoenn and how she managed to reach the final of the grand festival. Satoshi and Serena rescue their Kalos Cap and Blue Ribbon respectively to wear them in their new outfits, they become main characters traveling together with new pokémon, dreams, saving the world, stories and their relationship (SatoSere) in the Galar region.

6. Um we arent October yet and dont say things that arent going to happen anyway

7. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

That sounds like a wonderful fanfic idea, I'd love to read it if that's what you're writing.

8. Satoshi no masara

Satoshi no masara I'm not Red

Just wanna share this meme I made out of boredom XD

[​IMG]

9. Is Amourshipping still popular?
    Do you see Serena returning soon ?

10. Redstar45

Redstar45 The anime canon cop !

Sort ? But it is just like Pokeshipping or anything like that type of shipping it is getting less attention now

11. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

Two completely different questions. Yes, AmourShipping is still one of the most, if not the single most popular pairings. No, it's very unlikely that she will return if Galar doesn't link back to Kalos in some way.

12. Redstar45

How much popular is it among the Japanese fans right now in summer '19 ?
    I am not going to be a talking about the western fans as ther data is don't really matter .

13. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

I don't have, nor do I know where to find, reliable information for the Japanese fanbase. I would have to strongly disagree with you when you say that Western fans don't matter. There's nothing about any regional group of Pokemon fans that makes their opinions less important, be them American, Japanese, European, or Korean. We're all still watching the same series, and there have been very few egregious problems with the dub since 4Kids stopped handling it. I'm not aware of any significant inconsistencies affecting XY at all.

14. Redstar45

Mind you 4kid is not that great when coming to dub Pokemon anime show during os era.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  15. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

Mhmm, and it's a good thing that the Original Series' problems don't affect the other 75% of the anime, and certainly not the quality of XY.

16. Redstar45

Yeah i don't disagree but i stopped watching dub Pokemon anime show since 2006-2007.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  17. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

That's right around the time of the transition. If you haven't seen any of it since, I promise it has improved a lot.

18. Redstar45

It is mostly because i was so into Japanese anime eng sub at time .

19. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ "Christina"

Yes the ship is still one of the most popular shippings.
    No, I don't think she'll be returning anytime soon.
    It would be pretty hard to follow up with an appearance with the way she was written off imo

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  20. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

Hell of a point there lol. I can't imagine anything else making sense, unless they reintroduced her at the end of Ash's lifetime as a character, to give him a scene in the future with a family.

Honestly, I still subscribe to the theory that XY was set up as an option to retire Ash after 20 years, which ultimately wasn't pursued. The entire plot with Greninja and the romance subplot really give me these vibes. The way they wrote it, whether Ash stayed or left, it would've only impacted how the last four episodes were written, and possibly the winner of the League.