1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Amourshipping Thread V3

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by Staff_Member, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Tsundere Girl

They also seem to be done with the pattern of bringing back a female companion from the last series that they stopped with Iris. I think the only reason Misty and Brock returned was for the 20th anniversary of both the games and anime and I doubt we would have seen them otherwise. I don't expect to see anyone return for a long while now.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  2. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

I think there's a good chance if SWSH does indeed have Kalos in it as some speculate, but otherwise, I fully agree with you.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  3. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

We don't know that yet maybe/or they are planning on doing that region as the final step in Satoshi's destiny as the Pokemon master.......Mmmm i wonder if it had anything do with pokémon masters mobile phone game that had a rumor to be had a Satoshi's most popular Pokemon Gekkouga in his battle bond form?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  4. Shuriken Throw

Shuriken Throw Well-Known Member

No where near as much as it used to be, I think Contestshipping, Pearlshipping and Advanceshipping are a bit more popular, from what I've seen on Fantiction.net and Reddit.

I'm not a shipper of any shippings myself, but I still check out shipping related threads and artworks.
    Maybe, I think she might return along with Dawn and May, since those 2 are the most popular Pokemon characters, and so all 3 girls could make an awesome tag team.

5. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

Fanfiction.net is actually a good source for measuring popularity. I went and checked the site, and found some statistics for the number of new fanfics published in 2019. Amour actually leads every other pairing I checked at 25, Poke is next at 15, then Contest at 11, Advance and Pearl both at 10, Ikari at 8, Aurelia at 3, Aloha at 2, Negai at 1, and Wishful and BlueAngel both lack a single fanfic published in 2019.

6. Shuriken Throw

Contest, Pearl and Advance all have way more Fanfictions since the beginning of the creation for docs of those ships, though. And on a lot of other sites the other shippings have more fanfictions than Amourshipping.

(Even though I'm not a shipper, I still enjoy reading shipping fics, since I like all sorts of Pokemon fics)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  7. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

Of course Advance, Contest and Pearl have more fanfics in total. Diamond and Pearl is nearly 13 years old now, and the Advanced Generation is a few months shy of 17. This is a lot more time than XY, which is a few months shy of 6 years. It's fair to judge raw numbers when the period of time is the same across all pairings, which is the case when measuring the number of fanfics published in a given year. When judging across different lengths of time, the rate of fanfics per day needs to be used instead. The last time I made those calculations, Amour led them as well.

8. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

I was rewatching the kiss and i just can't get over Ash's little smile that he does afterwards.

I loved it so much that i made it my avatar lol

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Spider-Phoenix and KenzeyEevee like this.
  9. Satoshi no masara

Satoshi no masara I'm not Red

"I see you're a man of culture as well"
    (or at least that is what I see on that avatar lmao XD)

and I had to make an avatar of Ash getting said kiss

10. Shuriken Throw

Out of curiosity I myself went and did a quick research to see which writers support which shippings. I thought Amour would win, but I was wrong. not a shipper of any ships, but I still enjoy checking out stuff about shippings

Here is what I found out about the writers and which ships they support.

Akemi Omode, she did 80% of all Serena's episodes. (She is an Amourshipper)

Aya Matsui , biggest D/P writer, worked on a lot of Dawn episodes, Aya is now the main writer of the S&M anime. (She is a supporter of Pearlshipping.

Atsuhiro Tomioka , main writer of D/P , did the Dawn's cameo in B/W, helped write High Touch, and almost did all the contests episodes with Dawn was the main writer of X/Y and helped work the kiss scene between Ash & Serena. (He is an Amourshipper and Pearlshipper)

Yukiyoshi Ōhashi big D/P writer was there in X/Y she did the Dawn and Piplup reference, but you know what I mean) in XY022 and she didn't write any of Serena's episodes. (She is a Pearlshipper)

So, essentially the it's pretty even between Amour and Pearl supportive writers. I was surprised when I found this information out, I thought that there would be at least one Advanceshipping writer.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  11. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

There is a rule of not bringing other ships in this forum, besides as much i like pearl as well but till date serena is the only pokegirl to have confirmed romantic interest in ash, also as for who is supporting the ship lol the entire franchise have promoted amour like for example during october 27 2018 they show best moments of this ship so its pretty obvious whih ship they are promoting.

12. Shadao

Shadao Champion GETTO DA ZE!

Writers have their favorites, but Amour stands out for being the ship that was outright stated as a romance and mandated by the production team. I mean, once it was settled to have Serena a romanatic crush on Ash, it became much more easier for the writers to write teases that no longer needed to be vague on the actual relationship.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  13. sw537

sw537 Member

I'm just curious... with the possibility of the next series being revealed next week, what are your expectations?

14. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

Quite frankly dont have any expectation, for all that much this could be the series which should focus on galar characters. By the way did anyone notice that one character from SwSd with blond hair did resemble serena.

15. Power Up

Power Up ...

There’s a chance that Serena does come back, especially with all this talk about Galar including all the regions

Redstar45 likes this.
  16. greninjamaster

greninjamaster Well-Known Member

• Spamming
    Contest, Pearl and Advance all have way more Fanfictions since the beginning of the creation for docs of those ships, though. And on a lot of other sites the other shippings have more fanfictions than Amourshipping.
    Poke has the most at 4.5k.​

17. Shego

Shego 90% Kissshipper

I would love to see that Ash and Serena getting together once more.

18. SatoSere

SatoSere Well-Known Member

Serena blushing with tears in her eyes feels really very happy and proud towards Satoshi wins the Pokémon League and become in Champion making his dreams come true for everyone.
    If in the new anime Pocket Monsters (Pokémon) :
    Satoshi returns to the regions to meet again with his travel companions that he has known during his stories, Satoshi has his rematch participating and winning every Pokémon League.
    Everyone wantes a new beginning in the life of Satoshi (Ash Ketchum) and Serena (Serena) become main protagonists traveling together from their origins in Pallet Town (where they were born and grew up) towards throughout the Kanto region. We all really wish how Satoshi and Serena would have started their stories together in Kanto since the beginnings of Pokémon. Kanto Pokémon League, Kanto Champion.
    Later, when Satoshi goes to the Kalos region, Serena going to arrive in the final of the Kalos Pokémon League to give her unconditional support to Satoshi has the toughest battle of all against Alan so that Satoshi wins the League and become in Kalos Champion.
    SWSH anime, Satoshi and Serena meet in Pallet Town, become main protagonists traveling together to the Galar región, new dreams and many things.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  19. Torterraaaa

Torterraaaa Well-Known Member

20. matthew11

matthew11 8000 MMR

Saw that, but didn't bother sharing it since I suspect they just put cutesy Pokemon for a cutesy poster. I may be wrong though.

The Pokemon Company's press release says the next series will be set in multiple, if not all regions. Probably a reboot? I'm actually down for it, though there are some uncertainties like Satoshi's retirement. If the latter is not true, there's also a chain of possibilities like him not revisiting each region since I suspect they'd probably and finally introduce the male MC of each region, and the new writers taking away Serena's aspect of having feelings for Satoshi should he revisit.