• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Yeah i don't disagree but i stopped watching dub Pokemon anime show since 2006-2007.
That's right around the time of the transition. If you haven't seen any of it since, I promise it has improved a lot.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
That's right around the time of the transition. If you haven't seen any of it since, I promise it has improved a lot.
It is mostly because i was so into Japanese anime eng sub at time .

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Yes the ship is still one of the most popular shippings.
No, I don't think she'll be returning anytime soon.
It would be pretty hard to follow up with an appearance with the way she was written off imo

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Yes the ship is still one of the most popular shippings.
No, I don't think she'll be returning anytime soon.
It would be pretty hard to follow up with an appearance with the way she was written off imo
Hell of a point there lol. I can't imagine anything else making sense, unless they reintroduced her at the end of Ash's lifetime as a character, to give him a scene in the future with a family.

Honestly, I still subscribe to the theory that XY was set up as an option to retire Ash after 20 years, which ultimately wasn't pursued. The entire plot with Greninja and the romance subplot really give me these vibes. The way they wrote it, whether Ash stayed or left, it would've only impacted how the last four episodes were written, and possibly the winner of the League.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
They also seem to be done with the pattern of bringing back a female companion from the last series that they stopped with Iris. I think the only reason Misty and Brock returned was for the 20th anniversary of both the games and anime and I doubt we would have seen them otherwise. I don't expect to see anyone return for a long while now.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
They also seem to be done with the pattern of bringing back a female companion from the last series that they stopped with Iris. I think the only reason Misty and Brock returned was for the 20th anniversary of both the games and anime and I doubt we would have seen them otherwise. I don't expect to see anyone return for a long while now.
I think there's a good chance if SWSH does indeed have Kalos in it as some speculate, but otherwise, I fully agree with you.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I think there's a good chance if SWSH does indeed have Kalos in it as some speculate, but otherwise, I fully agree with you.
We don't know that yet maybe/or they are planning on doing that region as the final step in Satoshi's destiny as the Pokemon master.......Mmmm i wonder if it had anything do with pokémon masters mobile phone game that had a rumor to be had a Satoshi's most popular Pokemon Gekkouga in his battle bond form?

Last edited:

Shuriken Throw

Is Amourshipping still popular?
No where near as much as it used to be, I think Contestshipping, Pearlshipping and Advanceshipping are a bit more popular, from what I've seen on Fantiction.net and Reddit.

I'm not a shipper of any shippings myself, but I still check out shipping related threads and artworks.
Do you see Serena returning soon ?

Maybe, I think she might return along with Dawn and May, since those 2 are the most popular Pokemon characters, and so all 3 girls could make an awesome tag team.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
No where near as much as it used to be, I think Contestshipping, Pearlshipping and Advanceshipping are a bit more popular, from what I've seen on Fantiction.net and Reddit.
Fanfiction.net is actually a good source for measuring popularity. I went and checked the site, and found some statistics for the number of new fanfics published in 2019. Amour actually leads every other pairing I checked at 25, Poke is next at 15, then Contest at 11, Advance and Pearl both at 10, Ikari at 8, Aurelia at 3, Aloha at 2, Negai at 1, and Wishful and BlueAngel both lack a single fanfic published in 2019.

Shuriken Throw

Fanfiction.net is actually a good source for measuring popularity. I went and checked the site, and found some statistics for the number of new fanfics published in 2019. Amour actually leads every other pairing I checked at 25, Poke is next at 15, then Contest at 11, Advance and Pearl both at 10, Ikari at 8, Aurelia at 3, Aloha at 2, Negai at 1, and Wishful and BlueAngel both lack a single fanfic published in 2019.

Contest, Pearl and Advance all have way more Fanfictions since the beginning of the creation for docs of those ships, though. And on a lot of other sites the other shippings have more fanfictions than Amourshipping.

(Even though I'm not a shipper, I still enjoy reading shipping fics, since I like all sorts of Pokemon fics)

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Contest, Pearl and Advance all have way more Fanfictions all together, though. And on a lot of other sites the other shipping have more fanfictions than Amourshipping.

(Even though I'm not a shipper, I still enjoy reading shipping fics, since I like all sorts of Pokemon fics)
Of course Advance, Contest and Pearl have more fanfics in total. Diamond and Pearl is nearly 13 years old now, and the Advanced Generation is a few months shy of 17. This is a lot more time than XY, which is a few months shy of 6 years. It's fair to judge raw numbers when the period of time is the same across all pairings, which is the case when measuring the number of fanfics published in a given year. When judging across different lengths of time, the rate of fanfics per day needs to be used instead. The last time I made those calculations, Amour led them as well.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
I was rewatching the kiss and i just can't get over Ash's little smile that he does afterwards.

I loved it so much that i made it my avatar lol

"I see you're a man of culture as well"
(or at least that is what I see on that avatar lmao XD)

and I had to make an avatar of Ash getting said kiss

Shuriken Throw

I think Amourshipping is still popular, as many VA's like it and pokémon company itselfs promotes it.
Out of curiosity I myself went and did a quick research to see which writers support which shippings. I thought Amour would win, but I was wrong. not a shipper of any ships, but I still enjoy checking out stuff about shippings

Here is what I found out about the writers and which ships they support.

Akemi Omode, she did 80% of all Serena's episodes. (She is an Amourshipper)

Aya Matsui , biggest D/P writer, worked on a lot of Dawn episodes, Aya is now the main writer of the S&M anime. (She is a supporter of Pearlshipping.

Atsuhiro Tomioka , main writer of D/P , did the Dawn's cameo in B/W, helped write High Touch, and almost did all the contests episodes with Dawn was the main writer of X/Y and helped work the kiss scene between Ash & Serena. (He is an Amourshipper and Pearlshipper)

Yukiyoshi Ōhashi big D/P writer was there in X/Y she did the Dawn and Piplup reference, but you know what I mean) in XY022 and she didn't write any of Serena's episodes. (She is a Pearlshipper)

So, essentially the it's pretty even between Amour and Pearl supportive writers. I was surprised when I found this information out, I thought that there would be at least one Advanceshipping writer.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
There is a rule of not bringing other ships in this forum, besides as much i like pearl as well but till date serena is the only pokegirl to have confirmed romantic interest in ash, also as for who is supporting the ship lol the entire franchise have promoted amour like for example during october 27 2018 they show best moments of this ship so its pretty obvious whih ship they are promoting.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Writers have their favorites, but Amour stands out for being the ship that was outright stated as a romance and mandated by the production team. I mean, once it was settled to have Serena a romanatic crush on Ash, it became much more easier for the writers to write teases that no longer needed to be vague on the actual relationship.

Last edited:

sw537

This just shows how popular Amour is and how relevant it is. I’m telling you guys, it’s only a matter of time until they do SOMETHING involving Serena and Amour. There should be no logical reason as to why they wouldn’t.

It’s so damn popular everywhere, especially in Japan. The kiss was voted in the top 3 of most iconic kisses in an anime in a Japanese poll. As well as a huge host of other popularity polls/focus.

Something is going to happen. Whether it be Gen 8, a movie, or a special. Serena is bound to show up

Yep, I've always believed that, and today's significant focus on Serena just reaffirmed my belief. There's not going to be more than 35-37 episodes left in SM thank goodness, so her return in SM is all but ruled out. But I'm very confident that she'll be back, in some significant manner possible for the next gen.

I'm just curious... with the possibility of the next series being revealed next week, what are your expectations?

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I'm just curious... with the possibility of the next series being revealed next week, what are your expectations?

Quite frankly dont have any expectation, for all that much this could be the series which should focus on galar characters. By the way did anyone notice that one character from SwSd with blond hair did resemble serena.

Quite frankly dont have any expectation, for all that much this could be the series which should focus on galar characters. By the way did anyone notice that one character from SwSd with blond hair did resemble serena.

There’s a chance that Serena does come back, especially with all this talk about Galar including all the regions

greninjamaster

Spamming
Contest, Pearl and Advance all have way more Fanfictions since the beginning of the creation for docs of those ships, though. And on a lot of other sites the other shippings have more fanfictions than Amourshipping.
Poke has the most at 4.5k.​