• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I would love to see that Ash and Serena getting together once more.

SatoSere

Serena blushing with tears in her eyes feels really very happy and proud towards Satoshi wins the Pokémon League and become in Champion making his dreams come true for everyone.
If in the new anime Pocket Monsters (Pokémon) :
Satoshi returns to the regions to meet again with his travel companions that he has known during his stories, Satoshi has his rematch participating and winning every Pokémon League.
Everyone wantes a new beginning in the life of Satoshi (Ash Ketchum) and Serena (Serena) become main protagonists traveling together from their origins in Pallet Town (where they were born and grew up) towards throughout the Kanto region. We all really wish how Satoshi and Serena would have started their stories together in Kanto since the beginnings of Pokémon. Kanto Pokémon League, Kanto Champion.
Later, when Satoshi goes to the Kalos region, Serena going to arrive in the final of the Kalos Pokémon League to give her unconditional support to Satoshi has the toughest battle of all against Alan so that Satoshi wins the League and become in Kalos Champion.
SWSH anime, Satoshi and Serena meet in Pallet Town, become main protagonists traveling together to the Galar región, new dreams and many things.

Last edited:

Torterraaaa

matthew11

8000 MMR
I'm surprised it's so quiet here with the news that Kalos and the other regions are coming back! And did nobody see this?? https://nintendosoup.com/pokemon-20...ore-hints-for-the-future-of-the-anime-series/

Saw that, but didn't bother sharing it since I suspect they just put cutesy Pokemon for a cutesy poster. I may be wrong though.

The Pokemon Company's press release says the next series will be set in multiple, if not all regions. Probably a reboot? I'm actually down for it, though there are some uncertainties like Satoshi's retirement. If the latter is not true, there's also a chain of possibilities like him not revisiting each region since I suspect they'd probably and finally introduce the male MC of each region, and the new writers taking away Serena's aspect of having feelings for Satoshi should he revisit.

D

Deleted member 384931

Shipping isn't complicated here in you compare it to other ships. Like in Miraculous Ladybug there are 4 ships for 2 people.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Shipping isn't complicated here in you compare it to other ships. Like in Miraculous Ladybug there are 4 ships for 2 people.
Hi, I would like to direct your attention to I’llKickAnyone’sAssI’llKickYourAssI’llKickYourDog’sAssHellI’llEvenKickMyOwnAssShipping- Red (FRLG), Red (Generations), Red (JBA), Red (Pocket Monsters), Red (Origins), Red (RGBY), Red (SSB) & Red (Special).

D

Deleted member 384931

Hi, I would like to direct your attention to I’llKickAnyone’sAssI’llKickYourAssI’llKickYourDog’sAssHellI’llEvenKickMyOwnAssShipping- Red (FRLG), Red (Generations), Red (JBA), Red (Pocket Monsters), Red (Origins), Red (RGBY), Red (SSB) & Red (Special).
Yeah haha

Torterraaaa

Saw that, but didn't bother sharing it since I suspect they just put cutesy Pokemon for a cutesy poster. I may be wrong though.

The Pokemon Company's press release says the next series will be set in multiple, if not all regions. Probably a reboot? I'm actually down for it, though there are some uncertainties like Satoshi's retirement. If the latter is not true, there's also a chain of possibilities like him not revisiting each region since I suspect they'd probably and finally introduce the male MC of each region, and the new writers taking away Serena's aspect of having feelings for Satoshi should he revisit.

I don't think those Pokemon were chosen at random. You have Pikachu, which is Ash's, obviously. You have the Galar starters, which will presumably have starring roles next season. You have Alolan vulpix, which would hint strongly at Lillie. This would make some sense, as in the games she goes to Kanto and it's kind of hinted that it's not the last we'll see of her. We have Shaymin, who's apparently been hanging around this season (haven't watched in a few months)?

And then we have Sylveon. In an anime context, that only means one person.

Comments from Ash's voice actors make it seem very much like he's sticking around. To me it makes sense that next season will be some type of 'champions league' like in Pokemon Masters. And if that is the case, we should expect to see characters from every region, Kalos included.

The writers also said at the time that they set Serena up to be Ash's implied happily ever after. That we were meant to assume they ended up together someday when they were older. I thought that was kinda odd, because Ash never ages and whatnot, so how could we assume that? But maybe next generation will be his last as main character.

matthew11

8000 MMR
I don't think those Pokemon were chosen at random. You have Pikachu, which is Ash's, obviously. You have the Galar starters, which will presumably have starring roles next season. You have Alolan vulpix, which would hint strongly at Lillie. This would make some sense, as in the games she goes to Kanto and it's kind of hinted that it's not the last we'll see of her. We have Shaymin, who's apparently been hanging around this season (haven't watched in a few months)?

Comments from Ash's voice actors make it seem very much like he's sticking around. To me it makes sense that next season will be some type of 'champions league' like in Pokemon Masters. And if that is the case, we should expect to see characters from every region, Kalos included.

The writers also said at the time that they set Serena up to be Ash's implied happily ever after. That we were meant to assume they ended up together someday when they were older. I thought that was kinda odd, because Ash never ages and whatnot, so how could we assume that? But maybe next generation will be his last as main character.

Unfortunately, that doesn't convince me of anything at all. Them picking these Pokemon because they're related to some character doesn't make sense to me. If that's the case then why didn't they continue adding certain Pokemon from Gen 5 and down, considering the next series taking place in all regions? Axew? No. Piplup? Nahh. Blaziken? Omae wa mo shindeiru.

Maybe there wasn't enough room for more Pokemon? Then make room, but nahh, probably too lazy to draw any more Pokemon. The only things that convince me that Serena's returning is the real world geography of Kalos and Galar, and that lass from the first trailer of SWSH.

Good to hear that Satoshi's not gonna retire soon. I don't thoroughly check on VAs' or officials' statements on the matter, so we still have reliable people here to share some news. I haven't played Pokemon Masters yet, but I'm down for some similar context between that and the next series.

The writers said that? That IS something. That doesn't rebut the idea of the next series being Satoshi's last, so I guess that's a possibility. I do hope he retires soon so I can have that Pokemon Origins spiciness

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

Well that poster could be for the pokemon specials which usually airs before the movie, i remember one special for BW movie which had past characters signature pokemon so i wouldn't necessarily keep my hopes too high. It could be that case here as well.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The writers said that? That IS something. That doesn't rebut the idea of the next series being Satoshi's last, so I guess that's a possibility.

It's from the Anime Style 10 interview with Tetsuo Yajima.

And if I recall correctly, he didn't say in a sense "that's the end game, deal with it" and more like "you are meant to expect they become one, so we are sparring you some hope"

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
It's from the Anime Style 10 interview with Tetsuo Yajima.

And if I recall correctly, he didn't say in a sense "that's the end game, deal with it" and more like "you are meant to expect they become one, so we are sparring you some hope"

The way he worded it was essentially "When you watch this scene, the thought we intended for you to have at that moment is 'these two are going to get together in the future'". There's a LOT of misinformation floating around regarding how he worded it because certain people are extremely obsessed with trying to downplay the scene and Yajima's intent by nitpicking the specific wording of a specific translation (which is why I had to revise it like 3 times and still see people try really really hard to act like said this pairing only exists in fans' imagination).

Torterraaaa

Two possibilities for the new season now, the way I see it. Either this is a reboot with movie Ash, and we won't see Serena or any old characters again. I still think this is less likely, but some stuff does make me a bit concerned.

Or this isn't a reboot, and the 'girl' on Ash's team is gonna be his previous companions swapping in and out as he travels the regions. If so, then we obviously will be seeing Serena and others again.

In terms of shipping, we can't really hope for better than XY, especially since I think this saga might be aiming at a younger kids' audience and portraying Ash as more kiddish? Just from the art style and whatnot. But if she does show up again, it would be nice for Ash to at least tell her he likes her too!

If this is a reboot, I don't think I'd be interested in watching. I was a big fan of Brock and Misty as a kid and really liked the XY characters more recently. Don't think I could tune in if they were all erased from existence!

Xuxuba

I am pretty confident this isn't a reboot but i am still not sure if we are going to see the old main characters.

If the companions do comeback, i would love to see Ash and Serena exchanging roles, with Ash acting all shy and awkward whenever Serena is near because of the kiss they had.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I am pretty confident this isn't a reboot but i am still not sure if we are going to see the old main characters.

If the companions do comeback, i would love to see Ash and Serena exchanging roles, with Ash acting all shy and awkward whenever Serena is near because of the kiss they had.
If this Satoshi is anything like his xyz self then yes ? But if his personality is like sm Satoshi then Serena might be changing as well or new guys don't do ship in Pokemon anymore

Redstar45

Redstar45

Remains to be seen tbh.
In the poster they seem to be starting from Kanto, so I think it might be a reboot.
It also makes sense since Ash looks younger.
Maybe........who i am care about? Iwan is leaving the Pokemon anime show !