• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Do you think AmourShipping will lose many supporters in Gen VII? Will it gain any?

Depends on what happens in the end. If Serena ends up staying like I think she will, then amour will gain even more supporters as it will convince everyone that they are serious about this (even though they've already shown that they are serious about it).

If we don't get it like that, then yes amour will lose some fans. Personally, it will probably just be a few of the shipping bandwagoners (though it doesn't make much sense since amour is the only real ship) who just jump from ship to ship. However, this is only a small population of one of Pokemon's largest fanbase and the largest shipping fanbase by miles. So most people will stay because we choose to support something that is clearly backed by the writing, rather than follow something based on imagination. Not trying to stir anything up, but that's just how I see it logically. Amour will stay popular forever, regardless of what happens.

Heekful

Let's do a question again!

What are the most underrated Amour moments you can think of?

I know this question has been asked couple times, but I wanna hear if you guys remember something else?

I think episode XY 83, Over the Mountain of Snow! When Serena was scared and Ash hold her shoulders. I think it was pretty cute and heartwarming even in the coolest conditions!

Ash moving his gym battle for Serena at the end of XYZ16 is the most underrated Amour moment for me, he never did that before.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica

I know this question has been asked couple times, but I wanna hear if you guys remember something else?

I think episode XY 83, Over the Mountain of Snow! When Serena was scared and Ash hold her shoulders. I think it was pretty cute and heartwarming even in the coolest conditions!

This is a tough one. XY83 and Ash rescheduling his gym battles are very good ones. But I'm going to go with the Parallel Universe Episode where at the end, Serena asks Ash if they'd be together forever from now on and Ash replied with "isn't that obvious". I don't know, I just found that moment brilliant because it was essentially Ash telling Serena that she could travel with him for as long as she wants.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
This is a tough one. XY83 and Ash rescheduling his gym battles are very good ones. But I'm going to go with the Parallel Universe Episode where at the end, Serena asks Ash if they'd be together forever from now on and Ash replied with "isn't that obvious". I don't know, I just found that moment brilliant because it was essentially Ash telling Serena that she could travel with him for as long as she wants.

But of course, many people treat the Mirror episode as a filler, but I think that both of us disagree because it showed us that Serena had the grit and willpower to make sure that her Ash made it back safely without falling into a dimensional rift. I'm sure that it was mainly Serena's wish of wanting to travel longer with Ash was the reason the portals didn't collapse. But, that's open to interpretation. :p

Now, if the scene is played back during a flashback when Serena's making her choice, it'll be one of the more important ones, I would think. But that's just me.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
But of course, many people treat the Mirror episode as a filler, but I think that both of us disagree because it showed us that Serena had the grit and willpower to make sure that her Ash made it back safely without falling into a dimensional rift. I'm sure that it was mainly Serena's wish of wanting to travel longer with Ash was the reason the portals didn't collapse. But, that's open to interpretation. :p

Now, if the scene is played back during a flashback when Serena's making her choice, it'll be one of the more important ones, I would think. But that's just me.

Honestly I wouldn't consider that a hint. Any of the characters would've done that for each other. I think it was much more of a general concern thing than anything.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica

I mean there's a reason that it's underrated, but I do think it has some value. The reality is that Ash has never told anyone they couldn't travel with him, but his response basically made it sound like they would travel together forever which I thought was nice.

3vr1m

Serena blushing heavily and almost crying out of joy when ash defeated Shouta. Especially that blushing had me.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Serena blushing heavily and almost crying out of joy when ash defeated Shouta. Especially that blushing had me.

I think there's also the point that Sawyer got lowkey disappointed by Ash's performance at his first attempt against Wulfric, so Serena blushing and nearly crying in joy had some more meaning in it in the sense that he overcame his rival that almost lost faith in Ash's abilities.

Epicocity

You know what an underrated moment is for me: an unspoken one in Anistar City.

We all pull attention to the fact that Ash puts off his Snowbelle Gym match for Serena (arguably the single stone that sent the snowball rolling, pun unintended) but what about Anistar? When they both arrive there, they both have a Showcase and a Gym Battle respectively. Ash could have cared less and done his gym battle the day before Serena's Showcase. He could have, but he didn't. He waited, and he helped Serena with Eevee instead. And his waiting, when you think about it, also set events into motion for the future of Kalos. No one realizes this often enough, but that to me is a fantastically underrated yet amazing moment for the ship.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Sadly , that's probably the very last blush from Serena we got here , XYZ44-45 have no time for blushing stuff because it will be sad and serious episodes then she will probably leave but I'm glad this blush is in a unique moment that never happened in the entire anime before.

If Serena confesses in XYZ45 without any kind of blushing at all, I will eat my hat.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
I think there's also the point that Sawyer got lowkey disappointed by Ash's performance at his first attempt against Wulfric, so Serena blushing and nearly crying in joy had some more meaning in it in the sense that he overcame his rival that almost lost faith in Ash's abilities.

Oh god, I just saw Sinnoh League again. Good times, good times. The times that Ash had a rival during his whole journey, something XYZ lacked. I still think XYZ is a better series tho. I think, how further Ash progresses in the League, how better the series. Explains why BW was finished so quickly. And also, Ash Always defeates his main rival, and loses the next round, that's funny right? xD

Anyway, back to Amour. I still think they will get Serena back somehow. I really hope she returns in Gen VIII, where Ash also finally beats the League and Serena, who's already Queen (and had no further goals and decided to join Ash back), to make Ash finally retire and begin a grand new protagonist.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
If Serena confesses in XYZ45 without any kind of blushing at all, I will eat my hat.

I'll have to eat my shoe.

Oh god, I just saw Sinnoh League again. Good times, good times. The times that Ash had a rival during his whole journey, something XYZ lacked. I still think XYZ is a better series tho. I think, how further Ash progresses in the League, how better the series. Explains why BW was finished so quickly. And also, Ash Always defeates his main rival, and loses the next round, that's funny right? xD

Anyway, back to Amour. I still think they will get Serena back somehow. I really hope she returns in Gen VIII, where Ash also finally beats the League and Serena, who's already Queen (and had no further goals and decided to join Ash back), to make Ash finally retire and begin a grand new protagonist.

But, do recall that Alola doesn't have a League system (that we know of). It'll be amazing if Ash won a League (not gonna hold my breath for that ever) though. :)

Sadly , that's probably the very last blush from Serena we got here , XYZ44-45 have no time for blushing stuff because it will be sad and serious episodes then she will probably leave but I'm glad this blush is in a unique moment that never happened in the entire anime before.

I think that'll be a lot more blushes over the next couple of episodes. Either blushes, or really strong teary-eyed moments when Serena is telling Ash that she's always loved him, and that the only thing she ever wanted was to see him again after all those years.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica

Uh... How about no. At the very least, we're going to get some very good amour stuff and we still have a very good chance for this leading into our favorite couple going to Alola. No need to be so negative.

I'd do that too, but I love my Ash Ketchum Kalos Snapback to much to even consider the thought of eating it.

Fab7

I don't feel like giving up on the idea that Serena will confess, though I don't think it will be in XYZ45. I just don't think there's enough time for that in that episode. She will be thinking about what's next for her, plus the battle, plus the performance with Shauna. I also don't think Serena is leaving in that episode, though they might want to make us believe that she is. If they make her come back after XYZ45 (in the last three episodes of XYZ or in Alola) I'm totally positive it'll be because they want her to confess, if not, I don't see anything else but a rushed farewell.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I don't feel like giving up on the idea that Serena will confess, though I don't think it will be in XYZ45. I just don't think there's enough time for that in that episode. She will be thinking about what's next for her, plus the battle, plus the performance with Shauna. I also don't think Serena is leaving in that episode, though they might want to make us believe that she is. If they make her come back after XYZ45 (in the last three episodes of XYZ or in Alola) I'm totally positive it'll be because they want her to confess, if not, I don't see anything else but a rushed farewell.

The issue with AmourShipping is that if we treat Ash and Serena as humans, she obviously wouldn't leave Ash unless she confesses to him and he's a massive jerk about it and totally ruins himself in her eyes. There's absolutely no reason for her to stop traveling with him. When she rejected the offer to go off with Palermo, she essentially said "No, I'm putting this on hold because I want to chase this big dork longer." But at the end of the day, TPC needs to keep things fresh, and they may feel the only way to do that is to get rid of Serena. That's the paradox, and that's why if Serena's sendoff is done in XYZ45 like many of us anticipate, it needs to be handled extremely well.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

lane

A Giant Goldfish
No no no. This petition is toxic to our image as a community and the effort is completely futile. Episodes and decisions related to them have already been made. Please do not post links to this petition here.

Though you have to admit that there is a relatively large amount of people who's pro-Serena, and as a result, pro-Amour. The thing is, petitions are never representative of the actual size of the following, so it's safe to say that there's plenty more that just didn't sign the petition (like me).

The issue with AmourShipping is that if we treat Ash and Serena as humans, she obviously wouldn't leave Ash unless she confesses to him and he's a massive jerk about it and totally ruins himself in her eyes. There's absolutely no reason for her to stop traveling with him. When she rejected the offer to go off with Palermo, she essentially said "No, I'm putting this on hold because I want to chase this big dork longer." But at the end of the day, TPC needs to keep things fresh, and they may feel the only way to do that is to get rid of Serena. That's the paradox, and that's why if Serena's sendoff is done in XYZ45 like many of us anticipate, it needs to be handled extremely well.

Unless TPC wants another League fiasco, I'm sure that even they don't want to botch Amour. No, it'll be 99% certain that something good/acceptable will come out of this, but I just really don't want to see Serena go.

Hell Yes! When I saw the thread was closed, I was off Serebii for some time until I say Pheonix's visitor message! Thanks bud! ;)

Your lookout/clown is back!

Lol, anyway I have a question...What would be a proper closure for AmourShipping?

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Though you have to admit that there is a relatively large amount of people who's pro-Serena, and as a result, pro-Amour. The thing is, petitions are never representative of the actual size of the following, so it's safe to say that there's plenty more that just didn't sign the petition (like me).

Unless TPC wants another League fiasco, I'm sure that even they don't want to botch Amour. No, it'll be 99% certain that something good/acceptable will come out of this, but I just really don't want to see Serena go.

We can hope. We already watched the league fall apart. I just hope they do this severance well.

I'm gonna cry (more) if this ship becomes just a memory. Please S&M writers, please; if you're reading this, please don't take away my only reason not to cry. I wouldn't mind if they made Serena recurring in S&M just as long as they still acknowledge her existence

The Japanese-speaking anime writers don't spend a horribly high amount of time on English Pokemon forums.