• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Heekful

I was hesitant to use Leaf at first, until recently, didn't realize how good her buffs are, definitely a good match with SS Ash Red and Serena.

IMO, Serena was definitely one of the best characters in Masters EX, even Palentines Serena is good for delaying opponents though I haven't been using her since SS Zerena for a while.

Nice, though I wonder if they will also have her sound mature in the dub. Can't wait for Haven Pascall to voice her again.

I'm actually curious how she'll sound in French if the anime gets released in French version and the dubbing does tend to be a bit more romantic compared to other dubbing (remember how Ash said that Serena's ribbon matches her eyes? lol, who knew Ash can be a romantic in French)

Yeah Serena might be one of the most consistent character in Masters EX because all of her alts are top tiers or close to top tier, probably one of the best character with multiple alts tied with SS Ash Red, Lillie and Leon, Red is still more impressive than all of them tho as he only has 2 alts (surprisingly lol).

Doesn't surprise me that she is strong in this game tho because as a wise man once said :
tumblr_inline_njqeuelxn61r03dsk.gif

Also, I noticed a funny thing recently while scrolling in the previous Amour thread from 2015 (for nostalgia sake) if you remember, they did a poll about Serena's goal for post Diancie movie promotion back in mid-late 2014 in the official Pokemon website in Japan (at the time the audience didn't know what her goal would be until the pancham catch episode).

One of the answer that the Japanese audience could vote was "I want to be Satoshi's bride" you should know that, it's a fun fact and a bit of Amour trivia but now that I watched the previous Amour thread it seems the other answer the audience could vote was "I want to be an Idol" and it (kinda) came true now right? So the next step is to become Ash's bride ? LOL would be amazing foreshadowing from the writers.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
One of the answer that the Japanese audience could vote was "I want to be Satoshi's bride" you should know that, it's a fun fact and a bit of Amour trivia but now that I watched the previous Amour thread it seems the other answer the audience could vote was "I want to be an Idol" and it (kinda) came true now right? So the next step is to become Ash's bride ? LOL would be amazing foreshadowing from the writers.
Oh yeah, that 'bride' thing was hilarious, thanks for reminding me! Back when the kiss hadn't happened, little things like this were enough to drive shippers crazy.

And now, with the anime being in this state, we've slipped back to that level...I'd seriously take any hint that she still retains her feelings at this stage.

Heekful

Oh yeah, that 'bride' thing was hilarious, thanks for reminding me! Back when the kiss hadn't happened, little things like this were enough to drive shippers crazy.

And now, with the anime being in this state, we've slipped back to that level...I'd seriously take any hint that she still retains her feelings at this stage.

I actually saw a lot of your posts while scrolling in the previous thread while me at the time, I was just lurking until like fall 2015 so yeah I feel you.

Now that I watched a bit of the thread to refresh my memories, it seems people were hyped for anything involving them even if it was just seeing them onscreen, seeing people back in 2014 theorizing a hug or something between these two is funny because we got a kiss at the end (which is still insane to me even 6 years later) good times, I miss those.

Also, it's crazy to me how "I want to be an Idol" was a choice Japanese could pick back in 2014 for this famous poll alongside the "I want to be Ash/Satoshi's bride" 8 years later it came true in the actual anime with Lisia so it was a pleasant surprise when I was reading the old thread.

Hope the 2nd answer will end up just like the Idol answer for another great foreshadowing... Who knows.

Last edited:

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Last hint I believe is someone with light brown hair who's very special to Ash, and Ash responds like "oh duh, then it's Gary" LOL
Thanks! Appreciated as always
1.- Would he remember every time she acted different when he said or did something?
I think it may take some more push to make him remember. I mean he was kissed after all yet as of JN105, he seem to not remember but to be fair, it was a brief interaction between the two so a little nudging is required. If anyone, Bonnie is needed to make him remember

2.- Would he actually like the idea that someone sees him different than just mere friendship?
He'd probably be flustered of the idea at first but it's Ash we're talking about here. His short attention-span will likely make him drop the thought the moment someone talks about Pokémon battles. Sadly, that's just how he is.

3.- Would he even care about it?
I wouldn't go as far and say he wouldn't. He'd likely act like usual though I see him caring involuntarily, much like how he usually would with Serena during their travels together.

4.- Would he start to act different when he is close to her?
I don't see him changing all that much around her. We're likely to see his usual gentleman side when it comes to Serena like always though nothing much will change

5.- Just like Serena, would he set her as his next goal, once he becomes a pokemon master?
Interesting question. If we're to go by that interview with Gary's VA (the part where they talk about Ash, Gary and Goh's potential brides) I'd say Serena has the potential shot of being Ash's next goal (whenever that is). If I remember correctly, I know Kobayashi (Gary's VA) stated that if it's Ash, he'd get it done right away or something. Of course, that is just a hypothetical situation based on how Kobayashi felt with Ash's character. Not exactly meant to be interpreted of what Ash will actually do in the anime. Still, given his character and if it comes to the point that he wanted Serena to be his next goal, I think Ash will be straightforward about it.

9f5cba24f05c997e08e8cbb3351b0bc1d657afae.png

Yeah Serena might be one of the most consistent character in Masters EX because all of her alts are top tiers or close to top tier, probably one of the best character with multiple alts tied with SS Ash Red, Lillie and Leon, Red is still more impressive than all of them tho as he only has 2 alts (surprisingly lol).

Doesn't surprise me that she is strong in this game tho because as a wise man once said :
tumblr_inline_njqeuelxn61r03dsk.gif

For as wise as he was, XY Ash still needs as wise woman by his side. He's lucky to have Serena to remind him of his own words.
Also, I noticed a funny thing recently while scrolling in the previous Amour thread from 2015 (for nostalgia sake) if you remember, they did a poll about Serena's goal for post Diancie movie promotion back in mid-late 2014 in the official Pokemon website in Japan (at the time the audience didn't know what her goal would be until the pancham catch episode).

One of the answer that the Japanese audience could vote was "I want to be Satoshi's bride" you should know that, it's a fun fact and a bit of Amour trivia but now that I watched the previous Amour thread it seems the other answer the audience could vote was "I want to be an Idol" and it (kinda) came true now right? So the next step is to become Ash's bride ? LOL would be amazing foreshadowing from the writers
lmao, I remember that question. I believe this here is the part where it is pertaining to:

While it's not exactly the right answer and looking back, I feel that it was intentional and that they knew the kind of character Serena was back then. And yeah, now that the whole Idol thingy came to reality, Only a matter of time before she becomes his bride, lol

Also, it's not just a 'crush' anymore.
Pretty much this.

Considering the nature of JN right now, yeah, I'd say we can take all the hints we can get and with how limited Serena's possible cameos are. Heck, we milked the living crap out of JN105 with all its "symbolism" and whatnot

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I actually saw a lot of your posts while scrolling in the previous thread while me at the time, I was just lurking until like fall 2015 so yeah I feel you.
...wow, I really hope nobody goes back to look at those old threads. Been nearly a decade since then, and I was pretty active in the community. Not gonna lie...not very proud of even 1% of that stuff lol
Now that I watched a bit of the thread to refresh my memories, it seems people were hyped for anything involving them even if it was just seeing them onscreen, seeing people back in 2014 theorizing a hug or something between these two is funny because we got a kiss at the end (which is still insane to me even 6 years later) good times, I miss those.
Oh yeah, we'd take literally any scrap they threw at us back then. Just the fact that Ash knew her in the past, and the fact that she'd blush around him...heck, that whole 'SHE DIDN'T DENY IT!!!' nonsense back with Miette was huge.

Nobody expected that kiss.
Also, it's crazy to me how "I want to be an Idol" was a choice Japanese could pick back in 2014 for this famous poll alongside the "I want to be Ash/Satoshi's bride" 8 years later it came true in the actual anime with Lisia so it was a pleasant surprise when I was reading the old thread.
Kalos Queen was very close to it, and I'm sure they did consider it at one point. Funny how it actually ended up happening, yeah.
Hope the 2nd answer will end up just like the Idol answer for another great foreshadowing... Who knows.
Ash's journey ending at all would be a pleasant surprise, him being married to Serena would be absolutely crazy.

Heekful

lmao, I remember that question. I believe this here is the part where it is pertaining to:

Wow, that Vaniville town BGM and Serena's OG design with Fennekin ? I'm back in 2013. IMO this is still one of the most important scene for the character tied with the haircut and Master class final performance. That character grew so much when you look at this and see JN105.

Considering the nature of JN right now, yeah, I'd say we can take all the hints we can get and with how limited Serena's possible cameos are. Heck, we milked the living crap out of JN105 with all its "symbolism" and whatnot

JN105 is still one of the most strange episode of the Journey series (even of all time imo) in the way it was done, no matter how you look at it :

- The lack of marketing around Serena's return,

- The way it got leaked, the leaker literally leaked everything on April fool's day and was never seen again, deleting his account from that chinese website (I think?) in the process

- Wallace and Lisia were in the opening but not Serena

- The way they posted Koharu/Chloe's Eevee with the accesory belonging to Serena on Twitter out of nowhere 3 weeks before the episode with no explanation

- How the special previews made us think that the Sylveon would be Lisia's (Thinking about it now there's no way Lisia would have owned anything other than Altaria when she's literally named after Altaria in the Japanese version)

- The lack of communication even AFTER the episode outside of this chibi after story art featuring Lisia and Serena

- All these easter eggs about green lights, ribbon etc in one episode still very ambigious

- How they reused "Friends Forever" a track that was last used in... XY&Z (correct me if I'm wrong)

- How Ash literally state his current goal to Serena when she never asked anything about it (I don't recall him doing that with previous travelling companions?)

- The main writer of the series wrote the episode... While he never worked on ANY Koharu/Chloe episode before ???

- How Serena (and "Satosere") were trending crazy after the episode and the official anime twitter account didn't take advantage of it, it just chose to ignore it (and there's still Japanese fans asking that they acknowledge Satosere on their twitter even these days)

- May flashback in the episode, something I've been waiting for years on top of a flashback of my favorite Pokemon character of all time Steven

Look, Lillie is returning soon and we know exactly it will be the case due to the title and summary. Lillie, while not being as crazy popular as Serena (in the anime of course) she is still very popular so... what was the big deal about Serena ? I still don't get why they didn't explicitly say she was coming back and why they decided to ignore almost all the events about her that happened in JN105 on the Pokeani twitter after the episode aired.

I know there's a theory that they wanted to pull a "No Way Home" type of thing but there's no point to keep doing it after the episode aired lmao.

Satoshi no masara

Oh yeah, we'd take literally any scrap they threw at us back then. Just the fact that Ash knew her in the past, and the fact that she'd blush around him...heck, that whole 'SHE DIDN'T DENY IT!!!' nonsense back with Miette was huge.

Nobody expected that kiss.
y'know, that's the thing that intrigued me about Serena's feelings for Ash. I don't think she has ever denied it like ever. Even if she was teased about it, she would just try as much as to change topic but never outright deny it. Heck, Miette jokingly wondered if she and Ash were already an item yet she never denied it lol.

Wow, that Vaniville town BGM and Serena's OG design with Fennekin ? I'm back in 2013. IMO this is still one of the most important scene for the character tied with the haircut and Master class final performance. That character grew so much when you look at this and see JN105.

JN105 is still one of the most strange episode of the Journey series (even of all time imo) in the way it was done, no matter how you look at it :

- The way it got leaked, the leaker literally leaked everything on April fool's day and was never seen again, deleting his account from that chinese website (I think?) in the process

- The way they posted Koharu/Chloe's Eevee with the accesory belonging to Serena on Twitter out of nowhere 3 weeks before the episode with no explanation

- How the special previews made us think that the Sylveon would be Lisia's (Thinking about it now there's no way Lisia would have owned anything other than Altaria when she's literally named after Altaria in the Japanese version)

- The lack of communication even AFTER the episode outside of this chibi after story art featuring Lisia and Serena

- All these easter eggs about green lights, ribbon etc in one episode still very ambigious

- How they reused "Friends Forever" a track that was last used in... XY&Z (correct me if I'm wrong)

- How Ash literally state his current goal to Serena when she never asked anything about it (I don't recall him doing that with previous travelling companions?)

- The main writer of the series wrote the episode... While he never worked on ANY Koharu/Chloe episode before ???

- How Serena (and "Satosere") were trending crazy after the episode and the official anime twitter account didn't take advantage of it, it just chose to ignore it (and there's still Japanese fans asking that they acknowledge Satosere on their twitter even these days)

- May flashback in the episode, something I've been waiting for years on top of a flashback of my favorite Pokemon character of all time Steven

Look, Lillie is returning soon and we know exactly it will be the case due to the title and summary. Lillie, while not being as crazy popular as Serena (in the anime of course) she is still very popular so... what was the big deal about Serena ? I still don't get why they didn't explicitly say she was coming back and why they decided to ignore almost all the events about her that happened in JN105 on the Pokeani twitter after the episode aired.

I know there's a theory that they wanted to pull a "No Way Home" type of thing but there's no point to keep doing it after the episode aired lmao.
I really feel that all of these are intentional in the sense that they are aware of how crazy popular Serena was. Heck, prior to her return and the leaks, there was a Japanese poll for the most popular anipoke heroine and she was dominating, like Dawn wasn't even close and she was 2nd. After they uploaded the episode in Japan, the video got nearly millions of views, something that hasn't happened in JN's prior episodes.

Yeah, part of me believes they tried to pull a NWH here to surprise fans. In the perspective of Japanese viewers, I think it worked. The leaks were mostly talked more by those outside of the country and even if some Japanese fans have already known of the leaks, I still think the damage was minimal in Japan. Majority of the viewers were still surprised by her return.

But yeah, sadly, outside of the small chibi art, it is weird that after episode aired, there are lack of promotions for Serena from Anipoke PR. Not even a tweet from Mayuki Mikaguchi (Serena's VA) outside of the Animedia interview (which is also weird considering that while most of the questions are related to Koharu, there is one question involving Ash and Goh, yet she only addressed Goh and how her first impression of his character is a girl. Never has she mentioned anything about Ash. Whether she didn't say anything at all or some of the interview were cut to avoid potential spoilers, we'll never know.

At the very least that we got something from Yusuke Oshida with his Ash and Serena fanart with the blue ribbon at the back. I know some fans noticed and were concerned over the absence of the blue ribbon and here Oshida-san included the blue ribbon at the back. While only posted a fanart, it's nice to know that someone working with the anime is aware of its importance.

Hyuuga28

All the Amour stuff spoiled us back in XY. You can almost forget just how much we got content wise inside the episodes themselves and all the promotion out. This series isn't romance focused so all the effort they put into showing it was impressive, at least by Pokemon's standards.

It's pretty nostalgic to go back to, but also a bit sad we'll never get anything of that caliber again. We'll be lucky if Serena shows up again in person, and not just a silent shot of her watching Ash on TV. If it does end up being the latter, and all we have to go on is that short reunion when JN comes to an end (and let's face it, Ash probably isn't getting written off), then that really be a shame because it was so stifled.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I still think the reason is because they didn't want people to get their hopes too much hope. Promote it as Serena's return would make people think the episode is all about Amour when the actual focus is on Chloe. So they figured it would be better just make it a surprise.

They probably haven't done much post-return for a similar reason.

Satoshi no masara

All the Amour stuff spoiled us back in XY. You can almost forget just how much we got content wise inside the episodes themselves and all the promotion out. This series isn't romance focused so all the effort they put into showing it was impressive, at least by Pokemon's standards.

It's pretty nostalgic to go back to, but also a bit sad we'll never get anything of that caliber again. We'll be lucky if Serena shows up again in person, and not just a silent shot of her watching Ash on TV. If it does end up being the latter, and all we have to go on is that short reunion when JN comes to an end (and let's face it, Ash probably isn't getting written off), then that really be a shame it was so stifled.
Yeah, I totally get what you mean. We've been spoiled by XY with all the hints and stuff and now that those good times are over, we can only hope that something good comes out of any potential Serena cameos in the future. Sadly, we don't have much left of JN and we don't know when she'll return again. Even if she does, we can only hope that at least there will be a brief moment addressing Serena's feeling for Ash.

I still think the reason is because they didn't want people to get their hopes too much hope. Promote it as Serena's return would make people think the episode is all about Amour when the actual focus is on Chloe. So they figured it would be better just make it a surprise.

They probably haven't done much post-return for a similar reason.
True, at the end of the day, it is a Chloe episode, which is why they kept delaying Ash, so Serena and Chloe can have more time together. If Ash was there, who knows how much they'll spend time together that it could take a lot of time from Chloe. Still, despite all that, the most trending topic in terms of Anipoke at that time is related to Ash and Serena's reunion.

I just want Ash and Serena to get together... and for Ash to kiss her

cf16polo

- The main writer of the series wrote the episode... While he never worked on ANY Chloe/Koharu episode before ???

Frankly thats something i Will never understand, i get that they want to keep some situations as a "surprise" (just how they did it with the kiss, since it wasnt in the preview for XYZ last episode), however this particular case isnt the same, i mean Dawn its 2nd most popular pokegirl (as a matter fact shes my favorite pokegirl and im also a pearlshipper hahah) and yet she has received a lot of promotion for the episodes she is set to appear, which for me doesnt make any sense, i mean i have extremely enjoyed Dawn episodes this season (she has appeared in way more episodes than what i could have expected and by the way things are going i bet shes going to appear again at least 2-3 more episodes in the future) if we go by the logic that 2nd most popular pokegirl receive a lot of advertisement you would expect at least the same for 1st most popular pokegirl, and sadly it have not happened this way.
It would be a Sin if Serena doesnt appear again, the past episode they got an excuse which was that her cameo was for the sake of chloe´s development, however the next time she comes back SHE MUST spend a whole episode with Ash and they should at least adress talking about their relationship (maybe not necesarily talking about the kiss, but still it should be an episode focused in both of them) if not Pokestaff are just trolling us.

Morax

King of heroes
I've been actually curious about how would Ash react if he ever gets teased about serena´s feelings by someone, the few characters that i can think that would ever do that are, Brock (if he finds out about the Kiss), Paul (by telling him that he pathetic because he should put the same effort in other stuff besides battles and understanding subtle hints from the people he is surronded by), and Gary (only to tease him for the sake of old times), however i cant think actually how he would react if he actually gets teased.
However in order to actually snap some sense out of him, someone would have to be straight to him that what she feels for him its way more than just friendship and that she has a crush on him.
Even if all these scenario happen, i cant actually think how would he react:
1.- Would he remember every time she acted different when he said or did something?
2.- Would he actually like the idea that someone sees him different than just mere friendship?
3.- Would he even care about it?
4.- Would he start to act different when he is close to her?
5.- Just like Serena, would he set her as his next goal, once he becomes a pokemon master?
Damn, these are many questions and a few answers.
Tell me what you all this about this.
You’re watching the wrong anime.

Satoshi no masara

Gosh, I almost forgot how it became some sort of habit for Ash to rub his nose when talking to Serena way back then. It's typical for a shonen hero to do it as a way to show confidence, Ash included but when he does it for Serena, it's like a way to show his bashful side

Which makes me wish Yajima makes a SatoSere pokemon movie to adress these later on.

Also what exactly are these details that the leaker exposed before leaving?
lol, It would be a dream come true if Yajima would make a The last Naruto movie-like movie that is heavy on Amourshipping. I don't mind if it's just the movie AU Ash, that would still be awesome and I do love AU Ash anyway. M21 is one of my most favorite Pokémon movie so far next to M08 and M09

I believe what the leaker was referring to was the whole Serena return, her new looks and the screentime between Ash and Serena (which they mention that is only a minute long though it seems shorter than that)

AARTX

Dead inside…
Y’know seeing the preview for the lillie-mohn reunion/return makes the hidden Serena return even more puzzling, coupled with the obvious Ash-Greninja omissions, you gotta wonder if the writers really have something big planned for them or if JN is some sort of a pseudo alternate timeline where Amour or Ash-Gren never existed.

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Y’know seeing the preview for the lillie-mohn reunion/return makes the hidden Serena return even more puzzling, coupled with the obvious Ash-Greninja omissions, you gotta wonder if the writers really have something big planned for them or if JN is some sort of a pseudo alternate timeline where Amour or Ash-Gren never existed.
Imagine that, I'd love to pretend that JN is entirely disconnected from OS -> XY. Even better if SM is also in this 'new' JN continuity.

Morax

King of heroes
if not Pokestaff are just trolling us.
Took you long enough lol. If this were any other anime they would have addressed the kiss already. You don't ignore something as big as a confession, that is objectively sh!t tier writing. But of course this is pokemon where the audience is braindead enough to call it 'good writing'.