• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

AARTX

Dead inside…
Man, I can’t even begin to imagine the outrage if the writers pulled the AG stunt on Amour (they can still do that if Serena re appears)

*shudders

Them replacing the kiss with Ash and Serena just waving goodbye in the escalators. Hoo boy, I’d rather have Ash outright reject Serena than this

Speed22

Man, I can’t even begin to imagine the outrage if the writers pulled the AG stunt on Amour (they can still do that if Serena re appears)

*shudders

Imagine replacing the kiss with Ash and Serena just waving goodbye in the escalators
Yeah, I think they might be aware of what happens when you annoy Amourshippers.

Heekful

*shudders

Them replacing the kiss with Ash and Serena just waving goodbye in the escalators. Hoo boy, I’d rather have Ash outright reject Serena than this

*Flashbacks of the dance episode when Akemi Omode had to apologize about Ash and Serena not dancing on Twitter*
*Flashbacks of Bonnie's Japanese VA making a statement in english last month because she talked about Serena in one of her tweet*

To be honest seeing how JN105 played and how short the interaction between Ash and Serena was, we still can't know for sure if Amour is retconned or not but like I said if that was their plan, they did a terrible job at it.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
That'd...actually be amazing! Who cares about being in the main anime, at least the movies aren't scared of doing fun, wacky stuff with the premise they've been given, rather than this stuck-in-the-past anime.
Given how the current director treats Ash, yeah, I feel that Yajima have more freedom with the movies (heck, he can get away with some actual death scenes) and I'm all for amour being canon within the Yajimaverse of movies at the very least.
*Flashbacks of the dance episode when Akemi Omode had to apologize about Ash and Serena not dancing on Twitter*
The whole Omode apologizing was misinterpreted though. If I remember correctly, someone wrote their opinion about the dance episode in English and her reply is that she doesn't understand what was being said since she doesn't know English very well and that's what she apologized for. Unfortunately, some non-amourshippers took it as if she was bullied by amourshippers after the dance episode aired and had to apologize.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
And there you have it. Just as I suspected, a GameFreak creation that was so well-liked they made it a part of the games, and graced it with not only the name of the main character it was based after, but also the creator of the whole franchise.
I think Ash-Greninja would be introduced in the games regardless popularity. It'd be weird not doing it when the anime was showing off an exclusive form.
*Flashbacks of Bonnie's Japanese VA making a statement in english last month because she talked about Serena in one of her tweet*
Do you have the link for that tweet?

Heekful

Do you have the link for that tweet?

Even worse: Ash and the lemon siblings aren't even at the scene and it's retconned to Ash battling Clemont and Serena just saying a quick bye while she runs down the escalator to her flight.

Stop please ! now I'm actually afraid they might do that LMAO.

Remember when they excluded Serena from the Clemont/Bonnie flashback in JN103 ? If the leaker didn't leak the whole JN105 plot the night following this episode I think I would have thought that they retconned Serena out of the anime canon, and to me it still makes no sense to exclude her from this flashback even if she was coming back a week later, so all these stuffs about retconning popular things from flashbacks in JN seems so weird...

Heekful

I’d feel as cheated as when I saw the ending of Aldnoah Zero if they actually pull this off LMAO
Or even worse they use her new Idol career thing to make her unable to be with Ash, as Idols in real life can't get into a relationship.
Probably too deep for Pokemon tho lol

Serena x escalator confirmed

Serena x Noibat is now canon then
noibat-humps-serenas-face.gif

AARTX

Dead inside…
Or even worse they use her new Idol career thing to make her unable to be with Ash, as Idols in real life can't get into a relationship.
Honestly, I’d take that over retconning it and making the fans wait for nothing kekw.

At least you can be at peace knowing that the idol lifestyle would turn Serena into a empty shell of her former self but that’s just me I guess

Hyuuga28

Switching gears a bit..how would Ash and Serena's dynamic even work now? Because back in XY he was the guiding figure for the whole group. Yeah, he occasionally recieved advice from them, but it was largely coming from him. This was alluded to when Serena mentioned a friend of hers was always pushing her forward to discover a new side to herself, and now it was "her turn" to do it for others. In fact right now, she's more or less XY Ash...while Ash is some flanderized innocent happy go lucky version of himself.

Morax

King of heroes
Switching gears a bit..how would Ash and Serena's dynamic even work now? Because back in XY he was the guiding figure for the whole group. Yeah, he occasionally recieved advice from them, but it was largely coming from him. This was alluded to when Serena mentioned a friend of hers was always pushing her forward to discover a new side to herself, and now it was "her turn" to do it for others. In fact right now, she's more or less XY Ash...while Ash is some flanderized innocent happy go lucky version of himself.
Meme answer : writers will come up with reasons to not have them interact because “star crossed lovers n shiet”

Serious answer : Ideally you would have the love interest inspire the protagonist and pull him out despair (which makes him fall for her) but since Ash is supposed to be a flat character there’s no possible way they can drag this any further.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Lol, all these talks about retconning Serena's feelings and the kiss is what made me worried and lowered my expectations for the future of the ship in the first place.

Made me wish that Serena just didn't appear in JN105, and the Sylveon that showed up is from Lisia and/or some random CoTD. Makes it easier to hope for the ship's future more that way, lmao

I’d feel as cheated as when I saw the ending of Aldnoah Zero if they actually pull this off LMAO
lmao, don't even remind me of that ending. I was happy that Asseylum (almost) chose Inaho over Slaine but then they pulled that "NTR" bullcrap in the last minute with some random dude lol. At least Inko wasn't all that bad. I swear, if this is what they do with Serena, not only will I hate anipoke but will also curse whoever come up with this idea for the rest of my life. I'd rather that they take the idol route than this. At least there's a chance she can graduate from the idol career to start a relationship with Ash when they feel like it.

Sadly, if the current director doesn't want much romance when it comes to Ash, they can use the idol excuse until the next director decides to have her graduate. tbf though, there are still some idols in anime where they still have a relationship/romance (e.g. Macross, Aikatsu Stars, etc.). Idols in anime tend to be much different from real life and yeah, that kind of thing is too deep for anipoke anyways. but still, It'd leave a sour note to me if they ever decide on it.

Lisia and Wallace are now the worst characters in the history of anipoke lol Wallace for delaying Ash's potential meetup with Serena and Lisia for inviting Serena to start an idol duo.

I can see them as someone who sees each other standing side-by-side. Serena does wanted to keep up with Ash which is why she declared to him that she'll also be the best performer if he aims to be the best battler. Now that she has kissed him, I see more confidence on herself and that she'll be able to stand tall alongside Ash. Now that I think about it, they'd be the mentors for the next generation for aspiring trainers and performers and we've already seen this reflect on Goh and Chloe. In fact, I'd like for this to be the idea if Ash ever leaves the anime with Serena where they are fully accomplished of their dreams and they pass on their wisdom, knowledge and experiences to others.

Last edited: