• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Actually no. Ash was the first to point out that Pinsir and Heracross liked each other (that Kricketot girl noticed it but didn't voice it out), this is an observation he made on his on, while Goh looked clueless.

210f0eccd8e18e1b92c16070da2abfb8.png

And this wasn't something that was directly in his face either.
Man the dreams she's having sure are something.

The fact that Ash was able to pick up on Pinser's really says something.

Huh, waddya know, Ash actually pointing out some romance (maybe Serena's "cute charm" actually worked after all. Or perhaps her "drain kiss" has removed Ash's oblivious ability...a little)

The last time Ash had a full understanding of romance was way back in the season 1 episode Bye Bye Butterfree.

I still miss the little guy.
Maybe mid AG until Ash was totally braindead dense with the Grovyle stuff
And then the BW Cottonee episode is the worst it’s ever gotten.. Ash was clueless about love in that one, Iris needed to call him a kid
Dub watcher so maybe it’s the switch in dubs..?

Observer

Mostly watching
Maybe mid AG until Ash was totally braindead dense with the Grovyle stuff
And then the BW Cottonee episode is the worst it’s ever gotten.. Ash was clueless about love in that one, Iris needed to call him a kid
Dub watcher so maybe it’s the switch in dubs..?

I think he understood it back in SM too, he was excited for the wedding between Kukui and Burnett.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I don’t think the issue is Tomiyasu. I think the issue is two-fold. One - the show is built to market the games and other merchandise and it prioritizes this over story. Two - the characters are still 10, and any “romantic” interactions will be in the context of 10 year olds.
I'd change "one" a little bit.

"show is built to market the Pokémon brand in general - from the main games, potentially profitable spin-off titles to merch - while being acessible to children so you can keep renewing the fanbase the main priority is make it reach the lowest common denominator"
Replacing a Seiyuu in Japan is not as simple as it may sound. Japanese VA tend to value the characters they portray and take them wholeheartedly. Unless the character is obligated for plot-purposes (e.g. when Miette's VA was replaced due to contractual issues if I'm not mistaken or when Okido's original VA passed away), and even by then, there needs to be a consent from the original VA.
If I recall correctly, at the time people were talking Miette's original VA had retired shortly after she did the character.
Now all we need is the YagimAvengers to avenge Amourshipping :p

Aaand, that's how Serena decided to be caught by Ash

h9ANHiE.png

Full credits to Pokemoa
I remember the site's name as Pokesho

I remember it had a lot more art but a lot of it was lost. There was even a game where you played as Max and beat enemies by throwing Jirachi at them lol

They even deleted the mini icons with characters' portraits.

My only issue with them is the... "Pervy" artwork they often put though

Observer

Mostly watching
There has been plenty of questions about how the human characters would react to Amourshipping but how do suppose Ash's current team would react to the ship?

Dragonite: Would give them both a great big hug as it's antennas form a heart.

Lucario: Would give a small smile and a nod.

Gengar: Probably a wink and a thumbs up like what Bonnie did.

Dracovish: Would be clapping with joy.

Sirfetched: Bow down to it's Lord's lady out of respect.

There has been plenty of questions about how the human characters would react to Amourshipping but how do suppose Ash's current team would react to the ship?

Do this for all of Ash’s Pokemon

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Actually no. Ash was the first to point out that Pinsir and Heracross liked each other (that Kricketot girl noticed it but didn't voice it out), this is an observation he made on his on, while Goh looked clueless.

210f0eccd8e18e1b92c16070da2abfb8.png

And this wasn't something that was directly in his face either.
Huh, waddya know, Ash actually pointing out some romance (maybe Serena's "cute charm" actually worked after all. Or perhaps her "drain kiss" has removed Ash's oblivious ability...a little)

Clearly, Serena's kiss made him associate love with a "really, really happy feeling." At least it's better than "I have no idea what they're doing. Maybe they want to be best buddies."

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I'd change "one" a little bit.

"show is built to market the Pokémon brand in general - from the main games, potentially profitable spin-off titles to merch - while being acessible to children so you can keep renewing the fanbase the main priority is make it reach the lowest common denominator"
You did a much better job of capturing the essence of what the anime is.

Satoshi no masara

I feel like Lucario will be able to tell how Ash feels for Serena because of their aura. If only, smh....if only....

Speaking of Pokémon shipping them, If only we're still in the XY era,
6lQWW7P.jpg

1FNYmxK.jpg

VBLbbG5.jpg

yZPY6Qr.jpg
Full credits to Hatsuru for all these amazing fanarts (one of my favorite amourshipping artists)

Clearly, Serena's kiss made him associate love with a "really, really happy feeling." At least it's better than "I have no idea what they're doing. Maybe they want to be best buddies."
lol, wouldn't be surprised if that kiss gave him Butterfree in his stomach, that seeing others being in love also makes him happy without him noticing.

Observer

Mostly watching
Do this for all of Ash’s Pokemon

Give me a type and I'll see what I can do from there.

I feel like Lucario will be able to tell how Ash feels for Serena because of their aura. If only, smh....if only....

Speaking of Pokémon shipping them, If only we're still in the XY era,
6lQWW7P.jpg

1FNYmxK.jpg

VBLbbG5.jpg

yZPY6Qr.jpg
Full credits to Hatsuru for all these amazing fanarts (one of my favorite amourshipping artists)

lol, wouldn't be surprised if that kiss gave him Butterfree in his stomach, that seeing others being in love also makes him happy without him noticing.

Cute, I wish I knew what they were saying.

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
I got you, sorry if I made any errors.
translation2-1.png

translation2-2.png

translation2-3.png
I'd do the other ones posted earlier, but I'm pretty slow at churning these out.
I might end up coming back to those when I have time though (and no other translations have been found).
HES LOVESTRUCK

AARTX

Dead inside…
Lillie explicitly got referred to as 'Tomodachi', Serena and Ash refer each other as 'Nakama'. They really went out of their way to avoid friendzone implications.

Oh the painful ambiguity…
And they had Ash reunite with Lillie midway in the episode, while Serena still remains to be the shortest reunion out of all the returns in JN so far.

Satoshi no masara

Lillie explicitly got referred to as 'Tomodachi', Serena and Ash refer each other as 'Nakama'. They really went out of their way to avoid friendzone implications.

Oh the painful ambiguity...
Still feels weird that Ash and Serena would refer to each other as such. I know the term nakama can be used to refer to as a "very close companion". That's the thing that has weirded me out, the way how they refer to each other in a more generalized term, at least on Serena's part. She could have at least said something more specific referring to Ash like "a dear friend" or "someone very close to me". Perhaps the writers are really trying to avoid any implications of romance without having to "friendzone" each other.

Anyway, this episode with Lillie was really heartwarming. I thought the reunion with Mohn was touching, especially with that shiny Nihilego. And speaking of Lillie, as much as I ship him with Ash, I was kinda glad there weren't any hints of romance in today's episode. Honestly, there are some few scenes during SM that leads me to believe that Lillie may have started to have a crush on Ash, especially at the end where she departed with her family to find Mohn. I feel that it may be something that could have been addressed in this episode. Much as I wanted for that to happen, I really feel that it could devalue amourshipping and for any chances of it actually becoming canon. It would just mean that the writers can ship Ash with any one of his companions (making it one-sided) without them having to worry that they will be together someday because they could just drop it at anytime they feel like it.

I got you, sorry if I made any errors.
translation2-1.png

translation2-2.png

translation2-3.png
I'd do the other ones posted earlier, but I'm pretty slow at churning these out.
I might end up coming back to those when I have time though (and no other translations have been found).
Thanks for the translation on this one. Honestly, I would have really love to see what Ash's reaction was after Serena returned his clothes back to him. Still wishing for SatoSerena to become a thing again in the future. Would love to see her wear Ash's XY clothes if she ever does the battling side of the contests (and maybe get a prize Pikachu of her own while she's at it like in ORAS).

AARTX

Dead inside…
Still feels weird that Ash and Serena would refer to each other as such. I know the term nakama can be used to refer to as a "very close companion". That's the thing that has weirded me out, the way how they refer to each other in a more generalized term, at least on Serena's part. She could have at least said something more specific referring to Ash like "a dear friend" or "someone very close to me". Perhaps the writers are really trying to avoid any implications of romance without having to "friendzone" each other.

Anyway, this episode with Lillie was really heartwarming. I thought the reunion with Mohn was touching, especially with that shiny Nihilego. And speaking of Lillie, as much as I ship him with Ash, I was kinda glad there weren't any hints of romance in today's episode. Honestly, there are some few scenes during SM that leads me to believe that Lillie may have started to have a crush on Ash, especially at the end where she departed with her family to find Mohn. I feel that it may be something that could have been addressed in this episode. Much as I wanted for that to happen, I really feel that it could devalue amourshipping and for any chances of it actually becoming canon. It would just mean that the writers can ship Ash with any one of his companions (making it one-sided) without them having to worry that they will be together someday because they could just drop it at anytime they feel like it.
One "what-if" scenario is that they could have waited until Gen 7 and give Lillie the childhood friend backstory/crush instead of giving it to Serena. Lillie could fit in this trope very well and Lillie does seem to have an implied crush on the the player character in the SM game. (They could’ve made Shauna fall for Ash as a reference to the XY games too)

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I never really saw the appeal of an Ash/Lillie ship. I can see where people are going when they see it as likeable but for me, most of Lillie's interactions with Ash are pretty much her being grateful for everything he's done to her. Justapoxing her with Serena, I'd say "gratidute" sums up Lillie's view on Ash.

cf16polo

I never really saw the appeal of an Ash/Lillie ship. I can see where people are going when they see it as likeable but for me, most of Lillie's interactions with Ash are pretty much her being grateful for everything he's done to her. Justapoxing her with Serena, I'd say "gratidute" sums up Lillie's view on Ash.
Technically the way every female character have felt for ash was written from the very beginning of each Series, thats exactly why amour became so popular even before that series started, i remember that back in 2013 when the finals episodes for BW were airing (thank god that series was awful hahaha) and they were promotion XY series in TV spots, literally the first spot they gave us where serena appeared was one where she had a flashback of seeing ash when they were kids and that detonated a bomb in the fandom speculating what kind of relationship she and him would have (obviously the staff for that season did it in porpuse to attract people).
The same can be said about any other generation, Ash and misty had a bros relationship (being misty the older one) however in America she had more attention because in the Dub the changed some dialogues to make it looks like if they liked each other.
With May and Ash the situation was the same but this time Ash was the older brother, with Ash and Dawn here it was a bit complicated, some people may look at this relationship as the one ash had with May however as the season progressed there were obvious hints that both could have ended in a relationship (even some characters thought that they were a couple i.e Lyra and Kenny), however nothing happened because they had to make ash lose so he would participate in the next season.
With Iris their relationship is not even as friends, at the most they are at good terms and thats it (anytime they see each other they complain).
And here is where we arrive to Serena, as i said the kind of relationship each pokegirl (except for Dawn´s) would have with ash was written since the beginning of their respective series, and thats why the expectations on XY(Z) last episode were so high, that episode would define if any ship was with ash was worth to support or not, and well with that kiss they proved us that indeed amourshipping was worth to support.
With mallow and lana they had a relationship with ash that was a mix as the one he had with iris and may, they respected him and were friends but thats it, however with lillie it was more like a mix of the relationship ash had with may and serena, he was the source of her inspiration (just like he represented that to may), but also some of her behavior could have been interpreted as if she felt something for him (just like what happened with serena), however it was more because he helped her overcome her fear for Pokemon than anything else, of course shes thankfull for that but thats what he represented for her, a source of inspiration to be brave and courage.
In any case, if Ash had actual posibilities to be in a relationship with any of these Pokegirls they would have had teased it from the very beginning of their respective series.
Thats why if Ash doesnt end up together with Serena its extremely unlikely that he will ever do it with someone else.