• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Yes XY Ash is hot and deserves to be getting kissed

Morax

King of heroes
Who the heck is Scott?
“The attributes of Scott tell us what He is and who He is.”

“If we take away any of the attributes of Scott, we do not weaken Scott but we weaken our concept of Scott.”

“Worship is the proper response of all moral, sentient beings to Scott, ascribing all honor and worth to their Scott precisely because he is worthy, delightfully so.”

“Scott is the Creator and the Giver of life, and the life that He gives does not run dry.”

“Always, everywhere, Scott is present, and always He seeks to discover Himself to each one.”

“To fall in love with Scott is the greatest romance; to seek him the greatest adventure; to find him, the greatest human achievement.”

Some japanese fans are already treating JN as a parallel universe and is disregarding it from the anime canon LMAO.

Now I really want to hear what the staff is going to say once JN is over.
Remember what happened after the shitshow that was BW? We got XY aka the best series. Maybe we get another series akin to XY back with the XY art style and tone. If not then I know the writers only care about five year old Japanese kids which shouldn’t just be their target audience. As Meowth once said, “this is a family show”.

Remember what happened after the shitshow that was BW? We got XY aka the best series. Maybe we get another series akin to XY back with the XY art style and tone. If not then I know the writers only care about five year old Japanese kids which shouldn’t just be their target audience. As Meowth once said, “this is a family show”.
Hmmm...
An amazing anime series in a romance language country right after a (somewhat) bad anime series in an English-speaking country...

Pattern checks out

Vichoo

¿Recuerdas lo que pasó después del show de mierda que fue BW? Tenemos XY, también conocida como la mejor serie. Tal vez obtengamos otra serie similar a XY con el estilo y el tono artístico de XY. Si no, sé que a los escritores solo les importan los niños japoneses de cinco años, que no deberían ser solo su público objetivo. Como dijo una vez Meowth, “este es un espectáculo familiar”.
With the pain of my soul, we will never have a series like XY and its drawing/animation (whatever you want to call it), it will be another 20 years (6 leagues: v) to have an anime like this again.

So that my message is not so off topic, I believe that Serena will return, I always knew that she would return, and I believe that she will return, at least she will see the Ash vs Leon battle either from another region or in live. At least there is disposition of the Seiyu, of the directors, no idea...

With the pain of my soul, we will never have a series like XY and its drawing/animation (whatever you want to call it), it will be another 20 years (6 leagues: v) to have an anime like this again.

So that my message is not so off topic, I believe that Serena will return, I always knew that she would return, and I believe that she will return, at least she will see the Ash vs Leon battle either from another region or in live. At least there is disposition of the Seiyu, of the directors, no idea...
Wow my reply’s in Spanish!

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Considering that Pokémon SV has a sudden change of artstyle in terms of character designs, I do wonder if anipoke will also adapt the changes. That would be nice and I hope to see it happen.

Let's just say some animators are not happy with the way how things are going since JN115 and they are expressing it subtly. It's Kalos league all over again.

Some japanese fans are already treating JN as a parallel universe and is disregarding it from the anime canon LMAO.

I feel that anipoke PR right now are tone-deaf. Ever since JN115 aired, it has received a ton of backlash. They even have the audacity of posting these, lmao. I mean, just look at majority of the replies. Yikes.

I got off-topic there but to get back, at this point, my only hope for a Serena return that may be beneficial to amourshipping is by the time we are past Tomiyasu-era. Maybe I should also treat this season as a parallel universe like many people are doing

Last edited:

AARTX

Dead inside…
Considering that Pokémon SV has a sudden change of artstyle in terms of character designs, I do wonder if anipoke will also adopt the changes. That would be nice and I hope to see it happen.

Let's just say some animators are not happy with the way how things are going since JN115 and they are expressing it subtly. It's Kalos league all over again.

I feel that anipoke PR right now are tone-deaf. Ever since JN115 aired, it has received a tone of backlash. They even have the audacity of posting these, lmao. I mean, just look at majority of the replies. Yikes.

I got off-topic there but to get back, at this point, my only hope for a Serena return that may be beneficial to amourshipping is by the time we are past Tomiyasu-era. Maybe I should also treat this season as a parallel universe like many people are doing
Well if they can retcon something like Ash Greninja then more power to the fanbase to deem the entirety of JN as non-canon I guess.

What I’m really afraid of is the writers doing irreparable damage to Ash as a character which affects the story as a whole. Then it might force them to either reboot or drop Ash unceremoniously with no resolution to his character arc whatsoever.

AARTX

Dead inside…
Considering that Pokémon SV has a sudden change of artstyle in terms of character designs, I do wonder if anipoke will also adapt the changes. That would be nice and I hope to see it happen.

I feel that anipoke PR right now are tone-deaf. Ever since JN115 aired, it has received a ton of backlash. They even have the audacity of posting these, lmao. I mean, just look at majority of the replies. Yikes.

One more weird thing here is that they still show XYZ stuff in their PR material. Newer fans would probably want to see how Ash and Alain fought (there’s probably a lot in youtube) and discover that Ash’s Greninja had a special form that isn’t present in JN.

They posted the Kalos League reminder ugh
Should’ve made Ash win Kalos
Go back to the XY Artstyle. SM and JN Ash look like little kids!

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Something just struck me that I hadn't thought about though. Why did they make it "Journeys" of going around the world and stuff instead of just doing Galar? Is there a different reason for that? Why are they having Ash compete in the World Coronation series instead of the Galar League gym badge stuff like previous gens?
It can't be just to switch it up right? There has to be a reason by they are having Ash compete in the tourney of the strongest trainers. This is just me raising stupid questions but I can't help but wonder.

And I am so curious what else they have planned, since after the tournament, there's still at least 7 episodes left.
Probably for the 25th anniversary of the franchise and anime. I expect them to go back to the usual gym format in the next series as well as going back to traveling through one region.

Project Mew finale, Koharu's finale, goodbye episode, and fillers is what I'm expecting after the PWC.

AARTX

Dead inside…
Probably for the 25th anniversary of the franchise and anime. I expect them to go back to the usual gym format in the next series as well as going back to traveling through one region.

Project Mew finale, Koharu's finale, goodbye episode, and fillers is what I'm expecting after the PWC.
I mean if they go back to gym format in gen 9 then there’s more reason to treat JN as non-canon.

They can have SV start right after Alola, then they can easily downplay (or retcon) his Alola League win from there LMAO

Heekful

One more weird thing here is that they still show XYZ stuff in their PR material. Newer fans would probably want to see how Ash and Alain fought (there’s probably a lot in youtube) and discover that Ash’s Greninja had a special form that isn’t present in JN.

Even newer fans are aware of Ash Greninja and even Amourshipping.

Don't forget that there are full episodes of the anime that are uploaded on the official Japanese Pokemon channel (we can't see them because it's limited to Japanese only but I can show you with a VPN). I think it was meant to celebrate the upcoming 25 years anniversary of the anime last year so they uploaded 3 episodes of each saga iirc.

Ash Greninja vs Mega Sceptile is one of the most viewed episode with 5.3 M views, it was the most viewed before the backstory episode of Pikachu as a Pichu came around.

Same for Amourshipping, the Aria vs Serena episode is uploaded (this one episode where Ash talks to Serena at night and got referenced in JN105) it got 2M views (2nd most viewed XY's episode, more views than XY EP001) and the most reviewed part is when Miette is teasing Serena.

Ash Greninja vs Sceptile

NYlBcFK.png

Serena vs Aria (with the most replayed part)

mbl0PMe.png

So... Yeah any random Japanese fan can watch these two episodes for free on Youtube. Two episodes with Ash Greninja and Amourshipping (kinda) as the focus each.

Something just struck me that I hadn't thought about though. Why did they make it "Journeys" of going around the world and stuff instead of just doing Galar? Is there a different reason for that? Why are they having Ash compete in the World Coronation series instead of the Galar League gym badge stuff like previous gens?
It can't be just to switch it up right? There has to be a reason by they are having Ash compete in the tourney of the strongest trainers. This is just me raising stupid questions but I can't help but wonder.

And I am so curious what else they have planned, since after the tournament, there's still at least 7 episodes left.

25th anniversary of the anime, nothing too deep tbh.

Satoshi no masara

Wait, Project Mew is still not done? I'm not really following Goh's goal and I thought the last episode with him and Gary, it has already concluded and from here onwards, we're just focused on PWC but really? It's not even done yet? As for Koharu, I'm not sure how they are going to conclude anything from her. Is she finally getting something that she wanted to do? Will she be a performer like Serena? Honestly, I don't know how her character's finale should be handled. Unless of course, she continues to be a main character in the next season alongside Goh, possibly replacing Ash, it would be nice to see her actually do something. Still, I feel like her character was underused throughout JN and the whole point of finding one's dream has been outstretched to the point that it barely matters. That's how May and Serena started but those two were able to find something that they can do throughout their respective seasons and both achieved something great. Can't say the same for Koharu this late.
I'm sincerely hoping they retire Ash after this, cause him becoming strongest trainer in the world, then potentially losing to a level 5 Sprigatito will probably bring in more backlash than Leon vs Alain, Ash vs Trip/Cameron/Elesa, Ash vs Alain, Greninja's release, the artstyle change of SuMo, and Dexit combined.

Same, that is the worry that I have here. No matter how strong Ash and Pikachu becomes, there will be a point in the anime where they will lose against a weaker Pokémon because the "plot" requires them to. I'm sure that Ash's dream of becoming a Pokémon master will end with him winning the PWC but I feel like they've already done enough for his character that it's about time for him to retire as the main character. Just let him be a mentor or something and any developments for his goals can be achieved off-screen. I mean, they did so with Serena and Iris and look at them now.

Satoshi no masara

The Project Mew part about him getting to be a chaser is done, but they still need to do something with that, like an expedition or final Project Mew arc or something.
Okay, that is interesting. The chances of Goh and Koharu being the protagonists of the next series is getting higher, provided that there's something more for Goh to do once he's a chaser and provided that Koharu is able to set a goal she can pursue. I really hope it'd be that way to replace Ash and just let him be with Serena off-screen to spend more time with lol.
Question. New to Serebii here. How do I quote stuff?

You can click on the reply at the lower right of the post you want to quote, you can also highlight certain paragraph and click on reply like what I did here.

Last edited: