• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yep, and the sheep (SM and JN fans) love him because they have the minds of bratty school children and thus they can relate to him.
I just loooooveeee the irony of you saying this while continuing to act like a manchild and rage throughout the forums
Touch some grass, I beg you, School playgrounds have some of those
The "sheep", bro who even unironically talks like that? Literal facepalm

Heekful

Pokemon Masters EX HUGE SPOILER

Now that Ash got datamined in the game, I kinda want him to interact with game counterpart Serena (even if she’s like…17 ?) just to see how the interactions would go. There’s a lot of potential for Amour references for the future if he’s here longer than one month, we’ll see

This is exactly why I don't take opinions regarding the anime (or even with anything Pokémon in general) in Twitter seriously. Despite all those critics, they are still the vocal minority.

Heck, someone did a poll for their favorite modern era anipoke series and well, the results speak for themselves.

Anyway, I really want to take this thread back to the main topic but I can't think of anything to talk about Amourshipping-related, lol. Well on a brighter side of Twitter, I've seen decent amour-related fanarts recently and tbh, they're the only thing that is keeping me positive right now in terms of anipoke, lmao

Like I said a few pages ago, most of the XY(&Z) fans left the anime and some came back for JN103-105 (like me and I think Potsmuggle for example) so it makes a lot of sense that it’s getting vocal hate on social medias since… most of the XY fanbase are not in the anime fanbase anymore but the fanbase itself is still way bigger than SM and JN.

SM fans stayed because… well JN is basically a sequel to SM due to Tomiyasu’s bias for the series.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato

Now that Ash got datamined in the game, I kinda want him to interact with game counterpart Serena (even if she’s like…17 ?) just to see how the interactions would go. There’s a lot of potential for Amour references for the future if he’s here longer than one month, we’ll see
Ugh, and I just spent all of my gems just to get Red and Snorlax (and all for nothing). Well so far, he's just an NPC according to the leaker but if he becomes a Sync pair, well, let's just say my wallet won't be happy about it. If he ever does ends up as a Sync pair, I would definitely have him partner up with Serena, Palentines Serena and Sygna Suit Serena (and maybe May and Lillie). Very unlikely we'll see anything amour-related as the in-game Serena is based off the games but it would be nice to see some interaction between game Serena and Ash.

AARTX

Dead inside…

Hmm could it be more foreshadowing that JN is his last time as MC?

Also since we have JN versions of Ash in previous series we might get something like XY Ash for the gacha and JN Ash as the freebie sync pair

Maybe this is why we haven't gotten someone with a Greninja Sync yet...

I guess I should go back to playing that game after about a year-long hiatus

Satoshi no masara

Maybe this is why we haven't gotten someone with a Greninja Sync yet...

I guess I should go back to playing that game after about a year-long hiatus
JN Ash will be the one to appear so sadly this doesn't confirm anything Greninja. He'll be there with his JN team though he'll only appear as a NPC according to the leaks.
I still want to see a XY version of Ash with Ash-Greninja in this game tho and partner him with Serena.

Hmm could it be more foreshadowing that JN is his last time as MC?

Also since we have JN versions of Ash in previous series we might get something like XY Ash for the gacha and JN Ash as the freebie sync pair
I'm inclined to believe this if he'll appear in the mainline games. I just see this as a celebration for the anime.

AARTX

Dead inside…
JN Ash will be the one to appear so sadly this doesn't confirm anything Greninja. He'll be there with his JN team though he'll only appear as a NPC according to the leaks.
I still want to see a XY version of Ash with Ash-Greninja in this game tho and partner him with Serena.

I'm inclined to believe this if he'll appear in the mainline games. I just see this as a celebration for the anime.
Dev notes say there’s an obtainable special sync pair relating to this event for the anniversary so we might get JN Ash (10MVT pikachu) as a freebie sync pair and then some…

Satoshi no masara

The more I think about this, the more I get mixed feelings about Ash appearing in PokeMasEx. I wonder what kind of lore they will give here, like how did Ash ended up in Pasio? How will he interact with others, especially since all of them are game counterparts of Ash's past companion? I wonder how game Serena would interact with this Ash?

My theory is that Ash once again got into an Ultra Wormhole sending him to Pasio. Maybe, just maybe, this would be a good excuse for Ash to be absent in the next season

Dev notes say there’s an obtainable special sync pair relating to this event for the anniversary so we might get JN Ash (10MVT pikachu) as a freebie sync pair and then some…
I hope that's the case. If I'm not mistaken, the same thing happened with James and Prof. Sycamore where they can be unlocked after a special event. I've already spent all the gems I've been collecting in hopes of Ash finally getting into the game but gave up eventually thinking it was just a pipe dream and had to settle with Red and Snorlax. And now, here we are...

Heekful

The more I think about this, the more I get mixed feelings about Ash appearing in PokeMasEx. I wonder what kind of lore they will give here, like how did Ash ended up in Pasio? How will he interact with others, especially since all of them are game counterparts of Ash's past companion? I wonder how game Serena would interact with this Ash?

My theory is that Ash once again got into an Ultra Wormhole sending him to Pasio. Maybe, just maybe, this would be a good excuse for Ash to be absent in the next season

I hope that's the case. If I'm not mistaken, the same thing happened with James and Prof. Sycamore where they can be unlocked after a special event. I've already spent all the gems I've been collecting in hopes of Ash finally getting into the game but gave up eventually thinking it was just a pipe dream and had to settle with Red and Snorlax. And now, here we are...

He probably got to Pasio from Lear's Hoopa, you should wait till the dataminer posts the whole story event and all your questions will be answered, he uploads those a few days after the datamine, it should be up this week-end most likely.

Also , don't forget that he will not be playable next month, he's here just for an event where you will fight him daily but a Sync move animation (and sync move mindscape) got datamined so it's a matter of time until he gets playable, my guess is either he will become a F2P sync pair just like Jessie & James or he'll be part of the Anniversary in late August as a limited sync pair, so you have plenty of time to save gems as we'll get 22k next month (can't wait for anime Serena to come for the anniversary too for a story event with them).

As for the interactions, that could be such a hilarious twist, as game Serena is older than her anime counterpart so he might get shocked at first but personality-wise I think game Serena is close to anime Serena so he might just get surprised by her physically only I'd say, I also want him to interact with Blue etc... There's so much potential now.

I’ve never watched the Team Flare arc but I’ve liked to see Ash being worried for Serena and vice versa. I felt like Serena should have done something more because I felt like she was deliberately being kept away from Ash/Clemont/Bonnie. Also we needed more Amourshipping moments in TF.

Satoshi no masara

He probably got to Pasio from Lear's Hoopa, you should wait till the dataminer posts the whole story event and all your questions will be answered, he uploads those a few days after the datamine, it should be up this week-end most likely.

Also , don't forget that he will not be playable next month, he's here just for an event where you will fight him daily but a Sync move animation (and sync move mindscape) got datamined so it's a matter of time until he gets playable, my guess is either he will become a F2P sync pair just like Jessie & James or he'll be part of the Anniversary in late August as a limited sync pair, so you have plenty of time to save gems as we'll get 22k next month (can't wait for anime Serena to come for the anniversary too for a story event with them).

As for the interactions, that could be such a hilarious twist, as game Serena is older than her anime counterpart so he might get shocked at first but personality-wise I think game Serena is close to anime Serena so he might just get surprised by her physically only I'd say, I also want him to interact with Blue etc... There's so much potential now.
The leaker already confirmed that Ash was teleported by Hoopa and it seems like he was teleported during his preparation with PWC

Also confirmed he has a Sync move and it's interesting to that there is also a text that says "To be continued". Of course this may just be a nod to the anime's "To be continued" line at the end of every episode but it had me curious as this could also mean something more after Ash's story event.

Anyway, even if we don't get any amour-related moments, I still hope we see Ash interact with game Serena. Would be funny if Ash sees her lol.

Ash: Hey, Serena! It's been a while. Huh, is it me or have you grown.... taller?
Game Serena: Umm, do I know you?

EDIT:

Wait, Ash and game Serena are about the same height?
FWXPhs7WQAE0CIS
Either Ash has grown taller or Game Serena is shorter than anime Serena

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Yeah, I really thought about Ash's reaction to his friends not quite being the ones he knows.

And that's true even for TR: it's implied it's the TR from M23 universe so in a way, they don't know each other even if they do to an extent

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
The alleged mismanagement of JN should have gotten them all fired, but they're still here and are going to be here for the next series, and the one after that, and the one after that, and the one after that...
The more I read of this, the more I'm convinced that you have no idea how this really works.

There's been no backlash from the top dogs about AG being retconned, which is as good as them approving the retcons, meaning that they could be in on it too, or worse they don't actually give a damn because they which in turn, means that the asylum is being run by inmates who want to shove their biases down the viewer's throats! To the showrunners, Ash Greninja is a betrayal of the true history of the Anime, thus it needed to be erased, just like Amour!

Now that I think about it, it's starting to feel like that Serena was in JN105 only to shut up people who asked for more Serena appearances. Noticed how all the people who hated her, loved her character in this episode? Even while supposedly shilling Kalos, they did it in a way that panders to people who depise XY! In fact, the treatment of anything regarding XY in JN indicates that the production team regretted actually doing XY to begin with!

As for Dawn, they're definitely bringing her back permanently, because Piplup merch sales have skyrocketed to the point where Piplup is now being considered a full-blown shillmon and she's a popular female character! In hindsight, Pearl probably won't be canonised because the writers are too chickens**t to actually commit to anything as serious as romantic relationships but Dawn will still be permanently attached Ash because: "ThEy'Re IcOnIc!!!" and the writers love the two being together!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Honestly, this whole "Ash-Greninja was retconned" is getting too out of control. I've seen it even on the Masters subReddit. Still surprised people are buying what could be an animation error as an actual retcon. Gets worse when the episode clearly mentions the form with Ash's remarks about "becoming Greninja" to Goh

SatoSereFan224888

As much as I don’t want this to happen but fearing it might be true, I think Episode 105 will be the last time Serena & Ash see each other. I know the episode got mixed reviews but most were negative so maybe the writers aren’t bringing Serena back.

Satoshi no masara

As much as I don’t want this to happen but fearing it might be true, I think Episode 105 will be the last time Serena & Ash see each other. I know the episode got mixed reviews but most were negative so maybe the writers aren’t bringing Serena back.
I'm not sure where you got the whole "most were negative" reviews but JN105 was very well received in Japan, even having "Satoshi&Serena" as the most trending topic. Yeah, it's a little "controversial" at least for most amourshippers but I don't think that Serena's return was overall seen as bad. Even in Twitter, her return was very well received (yes, freakin' Twitter of all places). I just think you saw a lot of those "negative comments" but you need to think that these are still the very vocal minority. I know this thread has been very mixed about it as well but again, it's really not that bad to merit as negative.

Just to prove a point:

There are many negative comments but again, think of it as the vocal minorities. You don't really need to speak often in order to support Serena

Last edited:

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Honestly, this whole "Ash-Greninja was retconned" is getting too out of control. I've seen it even on the Masters subReddit. Still surprised people are buying what could be an animation error as an actual retcon. Gets worse when the episode clearly mentions the form with Ash's remarks about "becoming Greninja" to Goh
Frankly i really doubt something as obvious as that is an animation error when the scenes shown were recreation of actual frames of XY. In the pretty much 100% case that they had looked up those scenes for reference, they would have to actually put effort to turn AG to normal greninja instead of just tracing what was already there. Like how they didn’t add the heart pattern on serena’s eevee’s tail in the flashback for her, because the gender difference didn’t exist in the old scene and they likely just copied what was already there.

The becoming greninja line is also muddled with how in the episode we do see ash and greninja synch up and move together only for some aura stuff to turn his water shuriken bigger. Something that can very easily be taken as what the line means for those who don’t know what AG even is.

I would’ve given it a pass, by being vague and not mentioning it. But going out of their to change how an existing scene looks, that’s pretty much the definition of a retcon.

SatoSereFan224888

I'm not sure where you got the whole "most were negative" reviews but JN105 was very well received in Japan, even having "Satoshi&Serena" as the most trending topic. Yeah, it's a little "controversial" at least for most amourshippers but I don't think that Serena's return was overall seen as bad. Even in Twitter, her return was very well received (yes, freakin' Twitter of all places). I just think you saw a lot of those "negative comments" but you need to think that these are still the very vocal minority. I know this thread has been very mixed about it as well but again, it's really not that bad to merit as negative.
I don’t know. I saw CanalPokemania on Instagram hyping the potentionalof May returning when Ash faces Steven. I’m starting to think it’s might be more likely Ash marries May instead of Serena because when I translate the captions, it says that May will return with Ash.

Speed22

I don’t know. I saw CanalPokemania on Instagram hyping the potentionalof May returning when Ash faces Steven. I’m starting to think it’s might be more likely Ash marries May instead of Serena because when I translate the captions, it says that May will return with Ash.
Ok, not even I can cook up something as out of left field as that.