• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
We'll only find out when the next series airs. As far as JN goes, all the remaining episodes are already complete (or nearing it), or midway in production so any mess that he's responsible for has already been done.

Seeing how we have two recaps in 3 weeks and how tha chloe ep, which i assume isn’t an action heavy ep, had 9 ADs. I really am starting to think that they demoted tomiyasu while keeping the executive director position empty as a disrespect to him.

I imagine production really was an absolute mess whenever this batch of episodes were made. Man am i once again more interested in seeing what happened behind the scenes then what’s actually in the show.

Heekful

This will be remembered as the only time the anime acknowledged Serena’s existence since October 27th 2016.

Tbh I might sound like a fake Amourshipper but if the kiss really is the reason why she is blacklisted by Tomiyasu, I wish the kiss never happened in the first place.

Speed22

This will be remembered as the only time the anime acknowledged Serena’s existence since October 27th 2016.

Tbh I might sound like a fake Amourshipper but if the kiss really is the reason why she is blacklisted by Tomiyasu, I wish the kiss never happened in the first place.
I'm almost certain it's someone like Yuyama blacklisting her at this point. He basically admitted that he would never let Ash age earlier this year during that Daniel Arsham exhibition.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Y’all need to step away from the computer. Go outside. Touch some grass (or concrete if you can’t find grass). Hug a tree.

Satoshi no masara

Yup, still feeling empty inside
It’s kinda different though. Ash and May was purely teacher and student, this one will have romantic undertones with it. Y’know kinda like Akihito and Mirai from Beyond the Boundary
Where is this coming from anyway? Gen 9 anime isn't even out yet, let alone, announced yet lol

That kiss would have almost change the anime's age rating, lol. Won't be surprised if that's the reason Tomiyasu got scared and played it safe with SM and JN.

I just hope Gen 9 anime would give an XY vibe again. That era of anipoke is just something else. I just want to be able to enjoy the anime again, lmao.

cricketlaxwolvesbandy

Ash's Lucario is his greatest Pokémon!
That kiss would have almost change the anime's age rating, lol. Won't be surprised if that's the reason Tomiyasu got scared and played it safe with SM and JN.

I just hope Gen 9 anime would give an XY vibe again. That era of anipoke is just something else. I just want to be able to enjoy the anime again, lmao.
And I would rather have that change in the age rating. We need a show focused for teens and young adults ala XYZ.
But a reason that Serena may have been excluded is because was there never a shot of Eevee+Sylveon+Serena? Ridiculous how she wasn’t in another flashback.
That Poliwag in todays episode reminded me of something… how they first met

masdog

I'm not sure why you're defending them so aggressively, or how this is excusable by any margin. Once could be considered an oversight, multiple times is deliberate.
WTF are you talking about?

AARTX

Can Pikachu kill servants?

You can also blame Yajima for it I guess. His perspective on the kiss and his claims of Serena "improving herself, then returning back to Ash" turned her into this sacred character that can cause heavy backlash if she (and the ship) is mishandled in anyway.

masdog

>let’s blame the person who created her instead of the people mishandling her!

200 IQ post.
But if he had never created her, then her character could never be mishandled… /kidding

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Legends Arceus is a masterpiece & SV will be too!
Exactly why I like Yajima. Tomiyasu wants to play it safe but Yajima is willing to take risks. Just look at some of the deaths in his Pokemon movies, something you won't see normally in a Pokemon anime.
......????
This is the most out there take I've seen in regards to this whole situation here
Don't really wanna get into the whole Yajima vs Tomiyasu debate, especially when I hate people feel comfortable insulting crew members for not liking their art
This is just plain......wrong
Tomiyasu has taken the most risks, SM and JN's entire concepts and ideas have been huge risks. He LITERALLY broke the formula followed from OS-XY
Say whatever you want about the quality and all, but to say Tomiyasu doesn't take risks is insane. He's definitely taken more risks than Yajima who in the end played pretty close to the formula

And your example is just the main flaw of this argument, deaths have been a thing before Yajima as well. Lucario in Mystery of Mew, Latios in Pokemon Heroes, heck even Celebis brutal torture and near death in 4ever

And in the main Pokemon anime itself, Tomiyasu was the one who brought forth death. Stoutland in SM, Mallow's episode entirely centred around the death of her mother.

I can understand the notion that none were as brutal as burning alive like Snubbul, but then again movies have always been brutal.

cricketlaxwolvesbandy

Ash's Lucario is his greatest Pokémon!
The only ‘risky’ endeavor this anime has undertaken is adding PG-13 content in a kid show (the kiss). Every other change is just them taking creative liberties, all completely within the boundaries of this Anime/demographic. Calling them risks is like drawing a clownfish and calling it a shark.
The Pokémon anime should be PG-13. Nothing R rated.
Right now it’s rated G

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Legends Arceus is a masterpiece & SV will be too!
The only ‘risky’ endeavor this anime has undertaken is adding PG-13 content in a kid show (the kiss). Every other change is just them taking creative liberties, all completely within the boundaries of this Anime/demographic. Calling them risks is like drawing a clownfish and calling it a shark.
Taking creative liberties and changing a structure of the show entirely when it's more or less proved successful to do something new and unique IS called a risk. Absolute media illiteracy
Risk does not equal going above the rating
Risks also equals decisions that vastly change the anime in ways it never was before, even if it's under the same rating, it is still a risk.
Literally dumb logic not to call it that because it's still the same rating. Newsflash, even the kiss didn't push that episode to be PG-13