• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Yeah, I can totally see why Tomiyasu stepped down. Too much negative criticism probably caused him to nope the F out, but the damage is already done.

It can go better or worse from here on out.
Wait, Tomiyasu stepped down? How have I not heard of this?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Both Volo and Cynthia can beat me up ;)
The only ‘risky’ endeavor this anime has undertaken is adding PG-13 content in a kid show (the kiss). Every other change is just them taking creative liberties, all completely within the boundaries of this Anime/demographic. Calling them risks is like drawing a clownfish and calling it a shark.
Taking creative liberties and changing a structure of the show entirely when it's more or less proved successful to do something new and unique IS called a risk. Absolute media illiteracy
Risk does not equal going above the rating
Risks also equals decisions that vastly change the anime in ways it never was before, even if it's under the same rating, it is still a risk.
Literally dumb logic not to call it that because it's still the same rating. Newsflash, even the kiss didn't push that episode to be PG-13

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Both Volo and Cynthia can beat me up ;)
There's nothing " risky " about what Tomiyasu has done lmao. Journeys is completely creatively bankrupt and Sun & Moon quickly fell into its own rut incredibly quickly with its own uninteresting formulaic bullsh*t.
Calling SM "formulaic" is certainly a take lol
And the concept of Journeys itself is a risk, discarding the whole one region setup and doing a whole other formula
Again, comments on its quality is another thing, but the ideas itself were definitely risks esp with how same other series mostly were in their structure

Satoshi & Touko

Glimwood Tangle is Literal Dreamland
Newsflash, even the kiss didn't push that episode to be PG-13
Personally, I would hope that even the kiss uncensored wouldn't have pushed the episode's rating to PG-13. I really think that'd be unnecessary.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I doubt the kiss is worth a PG-12 (more or less Japan's equivalent of PG-13), though I don't know enough about Japanese culture to see whether they hold close intimacy to be more of a taboo than excessive violence. Mugen Train was a kids' movie despite being R-rated in the US vs. PG-12 in Japan.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction

Probably because there wasn’t any big announcement or statements. It was just his tittle in the opening credits got bumped down to director from executive director, and the old director also got bumped down to assistant director.

Not that it’ll matter much for this series since they didn’t even fill the empty executive director seat, which means tomiyasu is likely still calling the shots as far as JN is concerned. It does make it seem way less likely that tomiyasu will be at the helm of the next series.

BlueDragonfangirl

Hmm I don’t think will have any thing to worry about with the new girl, I mean look at how they treated the new girl of Journey’s.

Unless they hear the complaints about Chloe’s character and make the new one better.

So far that has not been my experience, I mean every complaint about the series just gets worse.

People complained about Serena’s character than we move onto the Sun and Moon girls who didn’t even have goals than Chloe who didn’t even travel with the boys.

SatoSereFan224888

Now I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this but I’m curious to know how trending AmourShipping & AureliaShipping were when Serena & Lillie made their returns. Anyone have an analytic search to post to compare?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Now I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this but I’m curious to know how trending AmourShipping & AureliaShipping were when Serena & Lillie made their returns. Anyone have an analytic search to post to compare?
Let’s not. Comparing ships has historically led to too many flame wars.

Satoshi no masara

Yup, still feeling empty inside
I see. I don’t want to start a shipping war or flame war. I feel it could tell us something about who could be Ash’s wife. Sorry if I asked.
I don't understand the logic behind this. A trending pairing will not determine whether or not it will happen. It's entirely up to the writers which they will go with, let alone, if there's actually going to be a canon pairing for Ash in the future. While it can be something the writers can consider but it's not the ultimate determining factor

Heekful

Here’s the box art !

Boutiqueshipping better than Amour?

I don't understand the logic behind this. A trending pairing will not determine whether or not it will happen. It's entirely up to the writers which they will go with, let alone, if there's actually going to be a canon pairing for Ash in the future. While it can be something the writers can consider but it's not the ultimate determining factor

Like I already said in the past, it would be weird for a Japanese kid show to not let the protagonist end up with the first girl he kissed on the lips, I know Ash is not the one that did the kiss in the first place but it would be such a bad move for Pokemon to do and it would teach a very a bad lesson for the kids watching the show…unless… They retcon it.

And that’s precisely what we’re waiting for in the near future, as long as they don’t mention it at all the kiss is technically not retconned.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I imagine production really was an absolute mess whenever this batch of episodes were made. Man am i once again more interested in seeing what happened behind the scenes then what’s actually in the show.
Me too. Really, this is been more thrilling and intriguing than anything the show's been putting lately
All we know is that the credits changed to credit Tomiyasu as just "director". No word on whether he resigned himself or was demoted by the higher powers in charge of the anime. And I doubt we'll ever hear any.

Like I already said in the past, it would be weird for a Japanese kid show to not let the protagonist end up with the first girl he kissed on the lips, I know Ash is not the one that did the kiss in the first place but it would be such a bad move for Pokemon to do and it would teach a very a bad lesson for the kids watching the show…unless… They retcon it.

And that’s precisely what we’re waiting for in the near future, as long as they don’t mention it at all the kiss is technically not retconned.
Yep. The kiss is a huge deal in Japan and even though the writers try to retcon it and pull a GS ball on Ash and Serena's relationship, no one is ever going to forget about it like ever, it'll be extremely difficult. The chances of the kiss getting retconned is below 1% even though directors and writers change. Ash will not be in a relationship with Misty because there's no evidence outside of the 4Kids dub despite rare yet ambiguous hints in the original dub. In fact, some people think Misty officially has a crush on Ash and Ash probably reciprocates because of some few "jealousy" moments but according to Shudo, they were never meant to fall in love with each other. He won't even be in a relationship with May, Dawn, Iris, Lillie, Lana, Mallow, Chloe, or any other girl especially future ones.

Not only retconning it would be a horrible business move, doing it simply because romance wasn't a thing for the current director is a selfish move and that would lead to heavy backlash.

Last edited:

Satoshi no masara

Yup, still feeling empty inside
Wait what? didn't know Mayuki Makiguchi (Serena's VA in anime) was credited in the game. Game Serena's VA is Kitou Akari FYI. Maybe she's voicing someone else but I can't tell who it is. Unless this could be hinting that anime Serena could potentially appear in the game then if that's the case, I need to save up more gems after Ash

Last edited: