• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Everyone else is worried about which companion will be present in the stadium. Meanwhile I’ve braced myself on the fact that Delia and Oak isn’t going to there in-person
It’s sad that Ash’s mom won’t be there in person to watch the biggest battle of his life

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I'm intrigued, why do you think May is more likely than Serena

You misunderstand. It's everyone from Ash's journey coming to the grand finale.

Misty, Brock, Tracey, May, Max, Dawn, Iris, Cilian, Serena, Clemont, Bonnie, the Alola Students, etc.

They're all gonna be there at the stadium (maybe except Tracey).

If they don't want May coming back, they would have opted for a silent cameo during the Hoenn representation for Steven.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think Dawn and Chloe will the only ones watching in-person and with voice lines. Everyone else is a silent cameo and maybe Goh saying one thing or two.

ComedianGuy8

I think Dawn and Chloe will the only ones watching in-person and with voice lines. Everyone else is a silent cameo and maybe Goh saying one thing or two.
We'll see about that. It's important to note that just because the other characters haven't appeared in the preview doesn't mean that they won't be there. Also, we saw Professor Oak and the Alola gang there. At least I thought we saw the Alola gang.

Last edited:

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Once again, happy 9th anniversary to Anipoke XY. Time sure flies. I remember not knowing anything about Ash and Serena's past until maybe the 2nd episode where Serena recognized Ash on TV. I was intruiged and wanted to know more but wasn't really a full amourshipper back then. It wasn't until XY007 that made me ship them hard. It was also at that same time that I decided to join in this forum.

Anyway, as for the next episode, it's hard to assume that the empty seat next to Koharu will belong to Serena. I do not want to get my hopes up either, only to be disheartened that it wasn't for her. Still, I at least could expect that they will show her watching a broadcast of Ash's final match.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I dunno, I feel like the empty seat is going to be Goh pulling a last second appearance to cheer Ash on.

I've been holding on this hope ever since someone - forgot who - mentioned in the spoilers section.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I think we’ll see Serena in the stadium. Maybe I’m reading too much into this, but I think the short interaction between Ash and Serena in JN105 was a setup for her coming back during the finals.

KAORI doesn't care enough obviously despite all the hype.
Yes. The VA who had a medical condition that forced her to retire from both singing and voice acting and is unable to return clearly doesn’t care enough.

Isn’t there a bridge you should be returning to?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Isn’t there a bridge you should be returning to?
@insertscott'scurrent account, ya should pick up Bendicion on your way back to 2002

Happy 9th anniversary to the GOAT series
Mark my words- on November 11th, Ash and Serena will ride off into the sunset and Amourshipping will be canon.
Nobody on Serebii believes me but…

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
KAORI doesn't care enough obviously despite all the hype.
I wouldn't say she doesn't care. After all, it's her character. She was thankful enough for the fans who voted for the Jirachi movie to be one of the Pokemon movies to be aired in theaters again.

Happy 9th anniversary to the GOAT series
Mark my words- on November 11th, Ash and Serena will ride off into the sunset and Amourshipping will be canon.
Nobody on Serebii believes me but…
Not that I don't believe you. Just that with the current state of anipoke, it's hard to imagine a future with amour being canon. I want it to happen but the anime is just in a mess currently

They could do a ending where it’s up to interpretation to what happens to Ash so that’s a W for any shipper and everyone

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Even if this is really the end, I doubt we'd see anything pointing to who Ash ends up with.

Granted, I admit I'd be the first to write off Serena kissing Ash back in the pre-final XY episode days, but I think going as far as confirming one of the possible pairings might be a step too far. I think they have more to gain from simply playing with the ambiguity

Even if this is really the end, I doubt we'd see anything pointing to who Ash ends up with.

Granted, I admit I'd be the first to write off Serena kissing Ash back in the pre-final XY episode days, but I think going as far as confirming one of the possible pairings might be a step too far. I think they have more to gain from simply playing with the ambiguity
Even though that’s not what I want, it’s better this way