• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Even the PV’s for them say "Best Friend and Best Rival" LMAO. But eh what did you expect from Pokemon, they avoid romance like the plague.

458.jpg
This is even funnier after the recent Pokemon Masters EX event. Even that game sees the relationship between Calem and Serena as a platonic friendly-rivalry. Even with some dialogues in the game, one would think that something romantic will happen but in the end, it's all about beating one another and proving who's stronger. Kalosshippers may see it as something romantic but the game can be just as platonic as anything Pokémon related when it comes to relationships (not that I'm throwing shades on Kalosshipping or anything. Just find it funny)

Morax

King of heroes
I don't see what this has to do with anything. If another anime does it this way it must be good? Other anime are just as prone to bad writing, perhaps even moreso at times.

And besides, how is it bad writing to not capitalize on something...that has nothing to do with the moment. Like it's clear this is reminiscing on their time with Pokemon, not their time with other people. Ash suddenly thinking about Serena has literally nothing to do with that and would be out of place. It would be worse writing than whatever you or any of the other people who just want her to appear think would be good writing.

Pokemon is not and will never be a romance anime. They will not explicitly drop the idea of Pokemon and the friendships with them being the most important part over two characters getting together. This lies nowhere in the realm of "good" or "bad" writing. This lies in the realm of genre and intent.

So, please, let's not bandy weird assumptions around.
It’s diabolically stupid to not resolve a ship that has been pushed as far as a kiss. It’s not just about this moment particularly but pokemon has been utterly avoiding the ship after that scene, which is far from a sign of “good writing”. You don’t make the girl confess and drop it without an answer from the boy. It doesn’t matter if it’s a rejection (poor cricket) , it needs some sort of resolution.

And if you’re not going to capitalize on it or progress it further, don’t ship them in the first place. Don’t make them kiss and say sh!t like ‘i want you to hope and assume her feelings come to fruition some day’. Leaving your audience hanging is some of the dumbest forms of writing out there. Cliffhanger endings might work when you’re trying to make a point (like inception) but they certainly don’t work when it comes to shipping.

Last edited:

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
It’s diabolically stupid to not resolve a ship that has been pushed as far as a kiss. It’s not just about this moment particularly but pokemon has been utterly avoiding the ship after that scene, which is far from a sign of “good writing”. You don’t make the girl confess and drop it without an answer from the boy. It doesn’t matter if it’s a rejection (poor cricket) , it needs some sort of resolution.

And if you’re not going to capitalize on it or progress it further, don’t ship them in the first place. Don’t make them kiss and say sh!t like ‘i want you to hope and assume her feelings come to fruition some day’. Leaving your audience hanging is some of the dumbest forms of writing out there. Cliffhanger endings might work when you’re trying to make a point (like inception) but they certainly don’t work when it comes to shipping.

The resolution was already established. Serena kissed Ash and Ash smiled back, after a few seconds of surprise that was remarkably pleasant. These matters would be reserved when Ash is older and can comprehend mature feelings like love to be something more than just friendship.

Childhood romance typically are not resolved until they are much, much older. Look at Harry Potter, Phineas and Ferb, The Lion King, Kim Possible, etc.

And given how Ash casually talks to Dawn, Korrina, Iris, and Misty when they reunite, Amourshipping has never been avoided. On the contrary, it has been promoted by the limited interaction between Ash and Serena. If they truly love each other, they'll cherish every moment they had upon their reunion.

I think Amourshipping is done. It’s clear that with the failure of the follow up of the 30 second reunion and the fact that the reunion was only 30 seconds in the first place was that they want to retcon or avoid all mentions of the kiss since was taboo.

There was more subtext in that short reunion scene (it was more than a minute, not 30 seconds…not that it makes that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things) than there was in the three years of the Gen6 anime.
Yes but Pokemon gives zero shits about the ship because gotta keep it kiddy since SM and god forbid Ash gets married

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Yes but Pokemon gives zero shits about the ship because gotta keep it kiddy since SM and god forbid Ash gets married
If they gave “zero ****s” about the ship, then they wouldn’t have loaded that scene with subtext.

Just because they’re not going in the direction YOU like doesn’t mean they don’t care about it. But there is a limit of what they’re going to do with it until they’re ready to resolve Ash’s story…

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Kind of sad the Masters extreme event didn't have Serena weak to eletric as an answer to her Sygna being super effective against Ash in some of the daily battles.

Anyway, tested off-typing with Ash today and it worked well. Though T-Red's Max Move one shotted Greninja before I could fire B-Thunderbolt lol

Originally I said that Serena couldn’t return and there wouldn’t be an Amourshipping episode because of the time crunch, but even with the breaks and recaps, there has been time, and that best opportunity is in the last three episodes coming up. But that probably won’t happen and we won’t get a follow up for the end of JN105 in JN, and probably not for the next couple of years, if ever.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Kind of sad the Masters extreme event didn't have Serena weak to eletric as an answer to her Sygna being super effective against Ash in some of the daily battles.

Anyway, tested off-typing with Ash today and it worked well. Though T-Red's Max Move one shotted Greninja before I could fire B-Thunderbolt lol
Yo a bit off topic but you use Red SS and Ash in your Pokemon Masters EX team as well?
I had Red SS Ash and Leaf SS, and as per Ignition's advice I changed it to Red SS Ash and Volkner, but I still have trouble winning some ultra battles. Was wondering which team you use and if you had any tips?

SatoSereFan224888

Originally I said that Serena couldn’t return and there wouldn’t be an Amourshipping episode because of the time crunch, but even with the breaks and recaps, there has been time, and that best opportunity is in the last three episodes coming up. But that probably won’t happen and we won’t get a follow up for the end of JN105 in JN, and probably not for the next couple of years, if ever.
I think the writers want us to forget about Ash & Serena’s relationship. I don’t think Serena is ever returning.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Yo a bit off topic but you use Red SS and Ash in your Pokemon Masters EX team as well?
I had Red SS Ash and Leaf SS, and as per Ignition's advice I changed it to Red SS Ash and Volkner, but I still have trouble winning some ultra battles. Was wondering which team you use and if you had any tips?
I use T-Red (aka Sygna Suit Red Thunderbolt/the Red & Pikachu pair) with Ash. For Support, I use Sygna Suit Elesa but Leaf (with Eevee) or Sygna Suit Blue work too.

(too much sygna suits in the same line but gotta made sure I'm making it clear who's who)

As long as you have the support taking the hits, Ash and T-Red can win most things.

What I personally like doing in a turn is to have SS Elesa sync first (for double sync buff), followed by T-Red using the Max Move (for AoE paralyzes + eletric terrain since I have grid fully unlocked) then Ash's B-Thunderbolt

They should work well together as long as you have a tanky support. But even then, Ash can tank a bit with his trainer move and passives.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Assuming that the leaks about Pokemon SV's DLC are true, and assuming that JN will continue to Paldea (which is very likely), there's a chance for Serena to have more cameos in future episodes relating to the game's DLC since most of it relates to Kalos, including the starters, Mega and Zygarde. The area near the Map for the supposed DLC also have the Kalos dragons (Noivern, Goodra and Dragalge) signifying the strong connection to Kalos. If the DLC releases next year and just in time for the 10th anniversary of XY, it'd make sense for Serena to return as a way to promote them, much like how Dawn returned to promote both BDSP and Arceus.

Really wish I could get this competitive with Masters but I'm just happy that I can play in certain events lol.

Assuming that the leaks about Pokemon SV's DLC are true, and assuming that JN will continue to Paldea (which is very likely), there's a chance for Serena to have more cameos in future episodes relating to the game's DLC since most of it relates to Kalos, including the starters, Mega and Zygarde. The area near the Map for the supposed DLC also have the Kalos dragons (Noivern, Goodra and Dragalge) signifying the strong connection to Kalos. If the DLC releases next year and just in time for the 10th anniversary of XY, it'd make sense for Serena to return as a way to promote them, much like how Dawn returned to promote both BDSP and Arceus.

Really wish I could get this competitive with Masters but I'm just happy that I can play in certain events lol.
They probably won’t touch Amourshipping or the kiss again though

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

SatoSereFan224888

Wasn’t this the exact same argument throughout Journeys until Serena actually shows up?
But I’m talking about the future of the anime. I don’t think those 2 will ever reunite ever again.

There’s still a chance but it’s looking likely that we won’t get that reunion that JN105 promised us at the end of JN or beginning of SV.