• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
2. I always felt Ash was at his best as a character when he could be both mature, but also show emotion and banter with those around him. I just wish they had more of those moments between Ash and Serena. They always seemed so polite and nice to each other, which obviously is a good thing, but it's more entertaining to see somebody get under Ash's skin in a fun way.
As for this one, I think it has to do with how Iris was recieved at the time. I'd say that even might have affected aspects of Ash's characterization.

Not saying that was for the better or anything like that but in some ways, it does feel like they were addressing the criticisms BW's gotten

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The first time I realised amourshipping was a thing and Serena had a crush was with that kindergarten teacher episode with that Sylveon. That teacher says something like If i can beat you youll have to go out with me to Ash and Serena immediately starts blushing and is astounded. It was that scene that immediately hit me "oh damn, she has a crush on him". Not the flashback scene or her chasing after him scenes before, I was really oblivious :p

My favourite amourshipping moment probably would be the summer camp episode where Ash injures his leg and he and Serena are alone while Ash tells Serena about his dreams and inspires her. Serena was massively nervous but as soon as Ash starts speaking about his dreams, you can feel her light up and relax in a way that she's actually inspired. That scene was really well written and as a whole I really liked that Summer Camp episode, some really good interactions.

The first time I actually felt there might be something to be done of the crush was ofc when the Japanese titles came for "Ash and Serena's first date!". I remember opening Serebii and staring dumbfounded at the title in the news section, like wait did I read this right? This is mind-blowing, this could never happen etc :p

The first time I realised amourshipping was a thing and Serena had a crush was with that kindergarten teacher episode with that Sylveon. That teacher says something like If i can beat you youll have to go out with me to Ash and Serena immediately starts blushing and is astounded. It was that scene that immediately hit me "oh damn, she has a crush on him". Not the flashback scene or her chasing after him scenes before, I was really oblivious :p

My favourite amourshipping moment probably would be the summer camp episode where Ash injures his leg and he and Serena are alone while Ash tells Serena about his dreams and inspires her. Serena was massively nervous but as soon as Ash starts speaking about his dreams, you can feel her light up and relax in a way that she's actually inspired. That scene was really well written and as a whole I really liked that Summer Camp episode, some really good interactions.

The first time I actually felt there might be something to be done of the crush was ofc when the Japanese titles came for "Ash and Serena's first date!". I remember opening Serebii and staring dumbfounded at the title in the news section, like wait did I read this right? This is mind-blowing, this could never happen etc :p
So do you think that the ship could become canon? I don’t think so but there’s a chance, and yk I’m the biggest Amourshipper on this forum

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
yk I’m the biggest Amourshipper on this forum
was that sarcasm
So do you think that the ship could become canon? I don’t think so but there’s a chance
The pairing arguably already is canon, or at least far more canon than virtually any other Ash pairing. If the only thing you'll accept is a scene of Ash and Serena agreeing to date or a scene of them as parents, then no, it might never happen. But I don't foresee anything surpassing AmourShipping anytime soon either. The pairing definitely has a special place in canon that others don't have.

If Amour becomes canon thank me.
It’s not canon just because she kissed Ash. The fact that Ash’s feelings for her are ambiguous plus the fact that Serena could have gotten over Ash in JN. There’s no doubt that JN Serena says that Ash influenced her and that they’ll cheer for each other, but I don’t see them seeing each other again for a long time and I see Amourshipping and the kiss could be deleted like Ash-Greninja was.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
1. Flashback Ash was conveniently so much like XY Ash! I feel like Serena would have been so turned off by Kanto Ash lol. Alternatively, she'd have interacted with OS Ash with the same flippancy that she did her mom, so maybe their friendship/relationship could have still blossomed.
OS Ash is the way he was due to an inferiority complex he developed because of Gary as he got closer to legal trainer age, which he projected with a boisterous and overconfident attitude. You can see in one of the Johto flashbacks that he was pretty much his usual jolly self as a child, which aligns with the XY-flashback.

And even so, Serena came face-to-face with a worse version of that complex of Ash's in Snowbelle forest, and the first thing she does is tries to smack (literally) some sense back into him.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So do you think that the ship could become canon? I don’t think so but there’s a chance, and yk I’m the biggest Amourshipper on this forum
I think it's plausible that the anime could end someday with a flash forward showing he's with Serena or something, but I definitely don't see it being a major focus or plot point ever
Heck I'm really skeptical towards the time forward thing as well, for one I'm very unsure whether Ash will ever be retired at this point considering they've thought up a way to continue his journey despite being the very best like no one ever was, so he's infinitely stretchable ig. Plus I think the best ending is him running off in the sunset chasing Ho-oh with Pikachu with some deep character development and introspection before, and as well as knowing that Dawn and May became top coordinators finally

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
What does canon mean to you?

Because I agree with @Manqoba. It's already canon in some respect, and I don't see them doing more than what has already been done.

One of the reasons why I like Amourshipping is because it reminds me what it's like to be young and dealing with your first crush. All of the unfamiliar emotions, uncertainty, and fear that goes with it. It definitely gave me a huge dose of nostalgia and I could really empathize with Serena.

Interpreting Ash and Serena’s meeting in JN105 as a set up for them to meet again is probably delusionment. Clearly they are never destined to see each other and spend substantial time with each other because they are being pulled apart by the writers because the kiss and the ship and crush was too rated R for Pokemon

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Interpreting Ash and Serena’s meeting in JN105 as a set up for them to meet again is probably delusionment. Clearly they are never destined to see each other and spend substantial time with each other because they are being pulled apart by the writers because the kiss and the ship and crush was too rated R for Pokemon

I think they wrote themselves into a hole with the kiss. It was great for Amourshipping, but it pretty much laid out Serena's feelings. Ash has become a World Champion faster than he has in talking about and having feelings toward a girl.

Ironically, I think it could still work out if they gave Serena some Dawn-level energy of confidence. Make her say something like, "You know how I feel about you, Ash. I'll make you feel the same way back one day!" Then immediately move on.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ironically, I think it could still work out if they gave Serena some Dawn-level energy of confidence. Make her say something like, "You know how I feel about you, Ash. I'll make you feel the same way back one day!" Then immediately move on.
So... Mirror universe Serena then?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
M-Serena would be more aggressive than that. She'd likely straight kiss M-Ash and declare "you're mine now!" M-Serena wears the pants in this relationship
So, she’d club him over the head with a Pokeball and drag him to her cave?

s3e1-3amazons.png

/kidding

Heekful

So Ash is leaving and having a final 11 episodes total for the end of his story. There’s Misty in the key visual poster (not that it means anything of course).

Don’t really care about Shipping at this point, I just hope we see Serena in one of these 11 episodes because she was a big part of his journey IMO.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Whelp....

Guel and Nika, is that you!?
07_thumb.png
477395.jpg

Also....
So Ash is leaving and having a final 11 episodes total for the end of his story. There’s Misty in the key visual poster (not that it means anything of course).

Don’t really care about Shipping at this point, I just hope we see Serena in one of these 11 episodes because she was a big part of his journey IMO.
The 11 episode is a look back on Ash's journey in 25 years. Really seems to be a send-off to Ash before the actual airing of the new season. Likely that we see the others as well, including Serena. I just wonder how this will reintroduce her.

Last edited:

Vichoo

I hope that so they don't kill the hype they didn't want to put the other colleagues on the poster. But if I'm honest, game over. They already close all the shipping threads (or rather the one of love that was the only one left alive haha).

It would be nice if amour became a canon out of nowhere, but I think that is the least important thing now.