• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
also, another drawback is the anime's adherence to the game's status quo since red doesn't have any romantic interest. Unless Confidentshipping(Red x Game Serena) becomes canon in gen 10 or at least masters
That original post was a reference to this:

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Are most of the anipoke YouTubers still amourshippers? I remember back in the XY days there were a lot of amour discussions among prominent anipoke YouTubers also 3 years ago LumioseTrainerZac made a video where he ranked amour as the number 1 ash ship now he seems indifferent to it based on his tweets I also remember KGprestige fawning about XY back then now he seems to hate it.

I must be very old then because I remember the days where XY was just announced in 2013, and the Pokémon Community was in the midst of an anti-Ash phase (not helped by Pokémon Origins). Ironic that 2013 marked a turning point for Ash Ketchum though many wouldn't realize it save for those who noticed how Ash is designed.

In any case, Amourshipping is not something to be brought up again and again. It matters when Serena comes back or if we're talking about Ash's future life as an adult or a teen who understands love. And frequent bringing up of the Amourshipping topic in places where it is not relevant really hurts the reputation of the ship. Like, Almighty Sinnoh, Serena kissed Ash on the lips and Ash's relationships with future girls (and Goh) are easily interpreted as platonic. Amourshipping has never been in danger and with Ash's adventure ending, it can actually remain that way forever. No One More Day retcons to ruin it.

Bringing whether Serena and Ash will hook up and get married over and over again to people who want to see Ash's journey reach its conclusion can make it the ship tiresome and annoying for many creators, even if they like the ship. Like, why be so insecure about Amourshipping when it has the best chance of being canon?

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Bringing whether Serena and Ash will hook up and get married over and over again to people who want to see Ash's journey reach its conclusion can make it the ship tiresome and annoying for many creators, even if they like the ship. Like, why be so insecure about Amourshipping when it has the best chance of being canon?
I guess their insecurities comes from

- the immense hate amour gets on a lot of platforms,
- wether or not Serena has moved on from her feelings in JN105.
- the anime's habit of sticking to the games' status quo since red or any male MC's does not have any canonical love interests in the games.
- lack of faith in the writers ability.

As for me I just want Ash to blatantly recognize serena's feelings wether he likes her back or not because imo ash's dense moments can sometimes feel like him being insensitive.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
imo ash's dense moments can sometimes feel like him being insensitive.
The entire "dense Ash" thing really ticks me off. Can anyone prove that he's been blatantly dense about any romance related aspect since XY147? On the other hand, I can bring up at least two instances where he actually recognized it, that too on his own without any external prompting.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
The entire "dense Ash" thing really ticks me off. Can anyone prove that he's been blatantly dense about any romance related aspect since XY147? On the other hand, I can bring up at least two instances where he actually recognized it, that too on his own without any external prompting.
No what I mean the ash's dense moments with serena in xy sometimes feels insensitive.

Morax

King of heroes
Almost slipped my mind, did Shokotan have a reaction towards serena’s return? It’s not like her to stay silent considering she was her #1 fan….

AARTX

Dead inside…
Is she even working on anything Pokemon related rn? She’s been absent ever since SM ended. Maybe something big has to happen to get her attention like Serena marrying Ash or something XD.

Last edited:
So Misty confirmed to be joining Ash for the next couple episodes ugh…
She’s gonna steal Serena’s screentime

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Unfortunately, that’s just not possible for a mostly static character whose development ended years ago, and is no longer allowed to develop further in any meaningful or permanent way.

I mean, he could have developed in XY. The narrative could have pulled a Ash x Misty in Orange Islands or especially a May x Drew in AG subplot. Instead, it was only ever directly one-sided. There were romantic overtones to certain moments, but they were driven by Serena’s crush. They also chose to avoid Ash and Serena ever talking post-confession. The narrative could have added another layer to Ash’s character, but they kept him oblivious and Serena didn’t confess until her very last scene. Big missed opportunity.

Instead, we’re left with the shonen trope that Serena will be the one for Ash…simply because she’s the only one who is confirmed to like him.

So Misty confirmed to be joining Ash for the next couple episodes ugh…
She’s gonna steal Serena’s screentime

Misty is the most iconic companion next to Brock. Is that really surprising?