• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

The writers just didn't want to put Ash and Serena together in an extended scene where the elephant in the room (her crush/kiss) had to be addressed.
So why didn’t they address the elephant in the room? Is it because they are scared of getting backlash because this show is for a younger audience?
Also the Reddit users claim is unfounded since Yajima directed the kiss scene and then said “you are supposed to believe that Ash and Serena will become a couple in the future”

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
But which ship qualifies as the Ship of Theseus.
If you have a ship, but keep replacing the characters being shipped, is it still the same ship? Or if not, at what point did it become a different ship?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
If you have a ship, but keep replacing the characters being shipped, is it still the same ship? Or if not, at what point did it become a different ship?
Well...is it still Amourshipping even though Ash has been replaced after XY?

/kidding

AARTX

Dead inside…
Pokéshippers are still ****ing insane and ever since Misty got announced for a return, the Anti-XY Rhetoric has only gotten worse.

I'm going to theorise something about XY and the current staff (And it's not what you think.)

The writing staff might regret that the kiss happened because they may not be able to use Serena as easily as say Misty or... Dawn... *Shudder*

Well it's better than what the usual suspects come up with.
I mean at this point does it even matter? We probably won’t see these iterations of the characters again anyway.

ComedianGuy8

Well yes, now it is too late.
It's not really too late for them to be a couple nor for Ash to feel love for her even if it is unlike him. There's 10 more future episodes left with seven more episode titles to be revealed and we might be surprised what was given to us. If anything, it's never really too late because prequels and midquels are a thing you know. In fact, the first episode of Pokemon Journeys is in fact a prequel episode when Ash's Pikachu was a Pichu.

Serena is the only main girl confirmed to have romantic feelings for Ash, the only girl to kiss him right on the mouth, and the only girl whom we were likely meant to expect Ash to be in a relationship with someday as stated by the XY director. Any other main girl having romantic feelings for Ash and to be in a relationship with is nothing but wishful thinking, that includes Misty and even 4Kids ended up making matters worse.

If anything...

"Ash's time as the protagonist will never end."

Maybe that seems to be the plan at least in 2008 but now it appears that the writers finally realized at one point that it cannot really go on forever and it will have to be wrapped up someday and it's finally going to happen.

"A lot of girls are attracted to Ash."

Many fans like to ship but this is officially not true whatsoever. Even before Serena entered the picture, Misty is the most common main girl to be shipped with Ash because she was the first female companion and some fan assumption that she likes Ash (even 4Kids made it seem obvious) but this was not explicitly confirmed even though some fans (mainly Pokeshippers) insists this. May, Dawn, Lana, and Lillie are also assumed to have feelings for Ash by some fans. Serena's feelings for Ash on the other hand are 100% true, there's no denying it. There are also other girls who have canon crushes on Ash, namely Macy, Anabel, and Angie, but they are minor characters. Pokemon don't count if you're trying to point out Bayleef.

"Misty [or any girl] is confirmed to return so it's likely that Pokeshipping [or any Ash ship] will become canon."

No matter what anybody says, a character returning is not evidence that a certain ship will become canon and even numerous returns don't merely count as evidence.

Last edited:

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
To be fair some people (like me) just wanted consistency with his character, rather than drastically changing his personality and development from saga to saga, it’s even more annoying that the writers decided to do it twice from DP to BW and then back again after XY. They couldn’t just pick one and stayed with it? Instead they helped create false expectations about the growth of a character. It’s like they decided to correct course after BW, just to drop the ball again after XY.

Honestly, even XY wasn't exactly a continuation of DP Ash. BW did its own thing. XY did the opposite. SM maintained Ash's skill level, but added a lot more goofiness and childishness to his character (even though he could be mature at times too). JN sort of followed SM. I agree that it was messy.

I can see why people preferred XY Ash, but the fanboyism over XY did/does get overbearing from time to time.

So why didn’t they address the elephant in the room? Is it because they are scared of getting backlash because this show is for a younger audience?
Also the Reddit users claim is unfounded since Yajima directed the kiss scene and then said “you are supposed to believe that Ash and Serena will become a couple in the future”

I don't know. It's not for any backlash considering they had Serena simping after Ash all of XY. Talking about feelings isn't going to get censored.

I mean, sure Yajima said that, but that also seems like a cop-out to not develop the ship any further.

It's not really too late for them to be a couple nor for Ash to feel love for her even if it is unlike him. There's 10 more future episodes left with seven more episode titles to be revealed and we might be surprised what was given to us. If anything, it's never really too late because prequels and midquels are a thing you know. In fact, the first episode of Pokemon Journeys is in fact a prequel episode when Ash's Pikachu was a Pichu.

Sure, I suppose anything is possible.

The barking dog never bites. Let them cope, seethe and mald how much ever they want, they'll change nothing with their loud opinions. This is literally NaruSaku all over again.

Pokéshippers are still ****ing insane and ever since Misty got announced for a return, the Anti-XY Rhetoric has only gotten worse.

hqdefault.jpg

Morax

King of heroes
Huh? The narrative doesn’t have to keep fulfilling a trope. XY could have had Ash blush and start to show signs of liking Serena back.
What a lame way to look at things creatively
A lot of Anime/manga keep adhering to these tropes because they work. Is it repressing creativity? Obviously, but like i said it keeps the audience engaged. It’s a business strategy more than anything.

If the writers were allowed to be creative with this anime you think he’d still be 10? The writers for this anime don’t have the liberty you think they do.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
A lot of Anime/manga keep adhering to these tropes because they work. Is it repressing creativity? Obviously, but like i said it keeps the audience engaged. It’s a business strategy more than anything.

If the writers were allowed to be creative with this anime you think he’d still be 10? The writers for this anime don’t have the liberty you think they do.
I'm not deluded about the fact that obviously they don't have much liberty and have many mandates
However I believe very much those mandates are mostly related to marketing aspects and target audience (such as not aging Ash)
However I don't believe adhering to the same decades old shounen love protagonist trope needs to be followed as well considering it isn't that much a focus of the anime
If the writers want they can have more flexibility with it

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Why? I’m not hurting anyone
I’m just OCD with Amourshipping
All you ever do is import drama into the thread because you feel the need to whine about what people on Reddit say. We're not your personal army to go fight your flame wars for you. We're also not here to talk about "But the Pokeshippers" or "But the Advanceshippers" "But whatever damn shippers are out this week because a character is returning."

If it was these forums back during the days of BW and XY, this thread would have been cleaned out by a mod already or the whole thread would be locked because we can't have a girl return without playing Waifu Wars.

Morax

King of heroes
All you ever do is import drama into the thread because you feel the need to whine about what people on Reddit say. We're not your personal army to go fight your flame wars for you. We're also not here to talk about "But the Pokeshippers" or "But the Advanceshippers" "But whatever damn shippers are out this week because a character is returning."

If it was these forums back during the days of BW and XY, this thread would have been cleaned out by a mod already or the whole thread would be locked because we can't have a girl return without playing Waifu Wars.
I wanna play waifu wars 3 : serbian vampire strikes back.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!

I’m convinced cricket is a massive troll, and this is all intentional haha.

I’m convinced cricket is a massive troll, and this is all intentional haha.
I’m not. I’m serious.
I actually think the writers hate Amour until proven otherwise.

World Turtle

Ngl the Pokeshippers on here are making me hate Misty
And your constant bringing up Amour in every thread is making me start to dislike Serena. So now you know how I feel.

And I don’t want to dislike any of the girls. If Ash gets with anyone I want to be able to support it. It’s just shipping wars and bashing in fanfics have turned me off from shipping the main girls with Ash. Well that and how most of the time they make the girls into little more than his cheerleaders to boost his ego. There is no interesting romantic chemistry in that. NGL from what I’ve seen Amourshipping is very guilty of this.

Frankly the only thing I really want to irrationally hate in this fandom is Ash Betrayal fics since they **** all over the franchise’s theme of friendship. **** they even have Pikachu betray him sometimes.

I regret reading a bunch of them for research to write a parody. I think I died a little inside.

Last edited: