• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
Most of the pokeshippers haven't watched the anime after the OS so they're just going with the only ship they know lmao!

I'm pretty most of them will switch sides ones they watch something other than the OS.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
We really don't need to be focusing on commentary from these groups we lump together, whether that's "the PokeShippers" or "Serebii" or whatever, much less throwing it back at them. Keep the faith or don't, but the canon will ultimately tell. I fully understand why PokeShippers would be excited right now, but no one should be counting their chicks before they hatch. AmourShipping has enjoyed a very special place in canon and as it sits today, it still does. We'll see where the chips fall in a few months, but I think it's important to remember that no one can take the past from us, just as no one can take it from PokeShipping, AdvanceShipping, PearlShipping, or any other community.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Man I really hope InfamousTrainer finishes that next-gen fanfic project he made his design of Ash and Serena's son was solid

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
We really don't need to be focusing on commentary from these groups we lump together, whether that's "the PokeShippers" or "Serebii" or whatever, much less throwing it back at them. Keep the faith or don't, but the canon will ultimately tell. I fully understand why PokeShippers would be excited right now, but no one should be counting their chicks before they hatch. AmourShipping has enjoyed a very special place in canon and as it sits today, it still does. We'll see where the chips fall in a few months, but I think it's important to remember that no one can take the past from us, just as no one can take it from PokeShipping, AdvanceShipping, PearlShipping, or any other community.
This. 100% this.

I’m still salty about how Ash and Serena only reunited for one minute. Obviously they wanted to avoid the elephant in the room since the kiss is taboo

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
What do you guys think the fan reaction/discourse be like if amour does become canon in MPM? will it be positive like back in 2016? or something else..

GhostWallker98

What do you guys think the fan reaction/discourse be like if amour does become canon in MPM? will it be positive like back in 2016? or something else..
If it actually happens, I think a majority of people will be okay with it. There is always going to be a part of the community that is going to be toxic towards ships they don't agree with. I think some people are going to end up taking it too far and try to attack the people in charge of the anime just because they didn't want Ash to be with Serena. However, I think overall, the reaction will be positive.

I don’t know, times are changing…

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
It's not even the first or second kiss Ash had in the anime.
yeah but the first that he had one on the lips by a very significant character.

If it actually happens, I think a majority of people will be okay with it. There is always going to be a part of the community that is going to be toxic towards ships they don't agree with. I think some people are going to end up taking it too far and try to attack the people in charge of the anime just because they didn't want Ash to be with Serena. However, I think overall, the reaction will be positive.
well due to the resurgent popularity of the rival ship would it be more divisive?

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Majority will be in positive reaction of course. Just because some amourshippers aren't very vocal doesn't mean the support for the ship has diminished.

well due to the resurgent popularity of the rival ship would it be more divisive?

There will always be some objections to its canonization obviously but that's how fandom works unfortunately. I'd like to once again bring up NaruHina and IchiHime, both of which were hit so hard by their rivaling ships, NaruSaku and IchiRuki, and even after they became canon, fans of the latter ships still hit them so hard until now. Expect the same thing to happen if Amour does become canon. Though, I wouldn't worry about it. Majority will still celebrate if it does happen

masdog

Shakes Magic 8-ball: Reply hazy. Try again later

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
I'd say that it wouldn't be too different from the fan response to the kiss, though there's no real telling I guess because this would be something more conclusive.

Think more of the non-supporters would slowly warm up to the ship if it was canonised, aside from most of the ones who are passionate about other ships of course.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!

I'd say that it wouldn't be too different from the fan response to the kiss, though there's no real telling I guess because this would be something more conclusive.

Think more of the non-supporters would slowly warm up to the ship if it was canonised, aside from most of the ones who are passionate about other ships of course.

I wonder about the fan reaction/discourse if the opposite happened (if Amour doesn't become canon, and either no ship does or some other ship does instead).

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I wonder about the fan reaction/discourse if the opposite happened (if Amour doesn't become canon, and either no ship does or some other ship does instead).
I think amourshippers would be more accepting if pearlshipping became canon because of the similarities between dawn and serena in terms of how they treat ash

Last edited:
I think amourshippers would be more accepting if pearlshipping became canon because of the similarities between dawn and serena in terms of how they treat ash
Yeah I like Pearl way more than Poke. I hate how Misty treats Ash and some Pokeshippers.
That being said I think a lot of people would be happy in the West if Amour didn’t become canon (cough Serebii)
In fact I feel no animosity for Pearlshippers at all, just think that Ash and Dawn work better as friends.
Never was a fan of Lagomorph tbh

vondecayle

Can’t relate to people who like shippings where one character treats poorly the person they supposedly like. It was refreshing to see a girl treat Ash nice after Iris, who always needed to put him down. It’s not that we can’t have banter, but they over did it with this character.

masdog

What it should be:
What it will be: