• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
AMOURSHIPPING WAS HANDLED LIKE ABSOLUTE ****ING DOGSHIT IN JN WHAT A ****ING DISGRACE
b6954e49593918d2d283702a2b7ee23b.gif

Xuxuba

I can't say they handled amourshipping badly, because they didn't handle amourshipping at all. They didn't erase its existence but they also didn't acknowledge it, tho you might see that scene of her staring into the sunset as a hint.

At the end of the day, it wasn't an episode about Serena nor amourshipping, it was all about Chloe.
Which only makes me wish Serena had gotten at least one comeback episode or special that was actually about her. Then maybe amourshipping could have been properly addressed.

Now we can only hope the following episodes will do them justice. Just don't keep your hopes *too* high as it's better to prepare for disappointment and be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Err kinda. They did snub her in the Clemont/Bonnie episode's flashback, not even getting a mention. The Contest episode was pretty good for JN standards but it was too short of an appearance compared to other companions who got multiple cameos and specials after they left.
Yeah I know sometimes serena feels like the Porygon of travelling companions nowadays

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Question I have is when Serena will be appearing in this miniseries by? Im predicting 8 or 9.
Hopefully episode 6 or 7 around valentines

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Hmm, if by any chance they do sink amour, then wouldn’t that mean Serena fails in completing the "goal" that she declared to Ash at the end of XYZ?
Serena's goal is to be like ash not to be with ash(tho she wants that also)

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
You think they care?
Yeah the more info I see the less likely we'll have an amour resolution. Hope the writers are hiding something

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Yeah i have very little expectations of serena or the other companions appearing at this point, so i wouldn’t hold my breath on them doing anything with amour. Cilan probably appeared because he was left out of JN main series.

Seeing the summaries till ep 7 seem to indicate this 11 ep series is mostly just filler hell.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Yeah i have very little expectations of serena or the other companions appearing at this point, so i wouldn’t hold my breath on them doing anything with amour. Cilan probably appeared because he was left out of JN main series.

Seeing the summaries till ep 7 seem to indicate this 11 ep series is mostly just filler hell.
Surprisingly, that seems to be exactly what some people out there wanted; 11 episodes of nothing but filler with the OG crew.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Surprisingly, that seems to be exactly what some people out there wanted; 11 episodes of nothing but filler with the OG crew.
*Unsurprisingly
People who dared to expect something concrete from Ash's finale don't understand the "essence" of this anime after all. What else do you need other than cheap OS nostalgia to conclude the main character's 26 year journey?

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I have no idea why people even want that aside from rabid OS fanboyism. Jotho filler hell was the worst, and this is basically just going back that.
Kinda Off topic here: i doubt we're gonna have any types of resolution and conclusion to this series