• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Heekful

Unless you're Lillie. Come to think of if it TPC has shown lots of favoritism towards Lillie recently having many alts in pokemon masters and having a focused episode that most likely have a larger animation budget than half of the masters 8.

I still think that reunion in JN105 is a big amour moment quality over quantity.

Serena also had multiple alts in Pokemon Masters... And TWO Masterfairs on top of that this year (more than Lillie) so there's no favoritism towards Lillie from TPC at all , the favoritism in the anime comes from Tomiyasu storyboarding the episode, he was the Sun&Moon anime director that's why her episode was really well animated, everyone know this guy is biased towards S&M.

I think the issue here is that JN105 was such a nothingburger that people would've preferred if she hadn't met Ash at all during that ep.

Viewers would have complained if they didn't meet so either way people would have complained, the real issue is that people expected more than JN105 while there is obviously no plan to give this episode a follow-up.

AARTX

Dead inside…
Saying that will probably get you blacklisted on PAD lel but there is definitely some form of favouritism in play here. I mean think about it, there were no narrative hindrances preventing Serena from returning for more than 1 episode. They just......don't want her to.
They literally had to make one in the form of Wallace.

Bless his soul man. He had to be fed to the dogs….

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Serena also had multiple alts in Pokemon Masters... And TWO Masterfairs on top of that this year (more than Lillie) so there's no favoritism towards Lillie from TPC at all
Oh I stand corrected then lmao it's really funny how game Serena is marketed these days and anime Serena is treated like Porygon

AARTX

Dead inside…
These writers don't have the balls to give it a resolution. They'd rather keep it dangling forever than give their audience some form of closure
They did this with inazuma eleven and yokai watch I believe. Both are OLM shows (with Tomiyasu and Tomioka working on some IIRC)

And then the MC’s were just revealed to have been married to, or are dating their love interests out of nowhere. Their actual romance got sent to the offscreen land while they only got ship teases during their respective shows.

Amour could see the same fate (provided that the new series takes place in the same universe), except Amour got a lot of explicit hints (and a kiss) that neither Endou or Nate got in their respective shows.

Last edited:

AARTX

Dead inside…
Will the writers be able to pull off one last surprise or will it really end in a whimper?

Either way, once it ends I’ll finally be free from all this and move on……until they reveal that Riko really is Ash’s kid and the shipping wars continue….

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Will the writers be able to pull off one last surprise or will it really end in a whimper?

Either way, once it ends I’ll finally be free from all this and move on……until they reveal that Riko really is Ash’s kid and the shipping wars continue….
The shipping wars will always continue As long as Ash is single

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
The shipping wars will always continue As long as Ash is single
Even if he does have a canon partner, the shipping wars probably won't end. Bleach ended in 2016, and there are still people that will die on the hill that
Ichigo should have ended up with Rukia.

Edit: Added a spoiler tag just in case some people don't want to know.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Honestly my take with the whole bickering/teasing side and wholesome relationship side is that yes I agree both are valid, and I myself also think the latter is much more fun for me to watch when it comes to romance

The problem is though, Pokemon was never romance even with the hints in XY. Therefore the wholesome relationship dynamic can't really get out much at all coz they don't wanna tackle it in that way at all, leading to it feeling bland since it isn't really properly handled

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
The problem is though, Pokemon was never romance even with the hints in XY. Therefore the wholesome relationship dynamic can't really get out much at all coz they don't wanna tackle it in that way at all, leading to it feeling bland since it isn't really properly handled
I guess that is just a matter of taste and perspective I really think their wholesome relationship worked because of how they motivate and push each other to be the best version of themselves.

Morax

King of heroes
Shout out to the Go-toubun manga, for another childhood friend won the race to the MC’s heart
Yotsuba best grill

Hopefully Amour follows suit LMAO. Childhood friend characters gotta sticc together.
I wouldn't categorise yotsuba as a childhood friend. Neither was Serena/Orihime. It was more like a forgotten childhood encounter, which is what the trope is all about. Actual childhood friends are those who grow up along with the MC.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender