• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Epicocity

Yes, you can make almost anything sound unrelated by taking it out of context. Thank you and good night.

So here's a topic:

If you could re-write Serena's entry at the start of XY, how would you want it to go?

Great, we already have the mods on us, guys...So to answer your question, I wouldn't change a single thing. Why? Because it introduced us to the ship perfectly, while leaving some questions. Who is Serena? Why does she know Ash? What history is there? Combine that with her genuine worry for her right from the off (something we'd never before seen), even if it didn't hit you, deep down you knew that something would be different. Now if you mean her intro to Ash...same thing, actually. Her role in the gym battle and pushing Ash forward helped to cement the shipping as special because there was no bickering or broken pedestal even in that moment.

Oh look the thread is rebooted....again...

Oh look, the thread is bombarded by unrelated topics....again...

I feel sorry for the Mods.....

What are some of ArmourShipping's strengths? What are its weaknesses?

Strength
-Ship has a backstory
-It has crap ton of fans
-Serena's crush is canon

Weakness
-Writers love to troll the ship
-Still a one-sided love no matter how you look at it
-No development to the chemistry. While they have that special chemistry, it only benefits their own character but not their relationship
-Shipping is not canon

So here's a topic:

If you could re-write Serena's entry at the start of XY, how would you want it to go?
Make a 'Y Na Gabena' out of her character (the best reincarnation of Serena game). And for the sake of making this Amour related, make her the dominant one so from SatoSere, it's gonna be SereSato

Last edited:
Yes, you can make almost anything sound unrelated by taking it out of context. Thank you and good night.

So here's a topic:

At least try to stretch and elaborate your statement and make sure that it is related to the topic.

For your question, I'm not going to re-write her character but rather add some things instead. Like Serena attempting to give Ash some hints so that he could notice her feelings. Or maybe add more flashback moments between her and Ash to make the childhood moments sweeter. And of course, add some hugs whenever the two of them get reunited and make them actually dance in the dance party episode.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Oh look the thread is rebooted....again...

Oh look, the thread is bombarded by unrelated topics....again...

Let's try to keep the sarcasm down just a bit, because we don't want a riot on our hands! :p

Great, we already have the mods on us, guys...So to answer your question, I wouldn't change a single thing. Why? Because it introduced us to the ship perfectly, while leaving some questions. Who is Serena? Why does she know Ash? What history is there? Combine that with her genuine worry for her right from the off (something we'd never before seen), even if it didn't hit you, deep down you knew that something would be different. Now if you mean her intro to Ash...same thing, actually. Her role in the gym battle and pushing Ash forward helped to cement the shipping as special because there was no bickering or broken pedestal even in that moment.

I personally would have thought if Serena observed at Ash from the sidelines at the start instead of almost rushing off and almost interrupting a huge battle, it would have been better than the original by 0.0001%. It'd just show that Serena's crush (now love) for Ash doesn't exceed her own personal safety when she just saw the guy for the first time in years. Now, if a similar scenario happened after they've travelled with each other for a long time, then I'd hail it as a very pro-Amour moment because it'll show that her own personal safety is worth risking if it means to potentially save Ash from being killed or something. I dunno. It's for the sake of making an Amour post while replying to a comment.

Epicocity

At least try to stretch and elaborate your statement and make sure that it is related to the topic.

For your question, I'm not going to re-write her character but rather add some things instead. Like Serena attempting to give Ash some hints so that he could notice her feelings. Or maybe add more flashback moments between her and Ash to make the childhood moments sweeter. And of course, add some hugs whenever the two of them get reunited and make them actually dance in the dance party episode.

But the thing is, were Serena's feelings strong enough at the start of XY for her to actually start giving hints out? Like, she did drop little hints about him remembering their time in Summer Camp, but I don't think her feelings really started coming into play until XY 21, latest 26. The moment with Penelope, I feel, was more her realizing that there were other people who could lok at him that way, but I think she was still in some denial that she felt this way until Miette came along.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

SPPF General Rules #9. That is all and this conversation is over.

More flashbacks would be a great thing. I'm definitely hoping for some more for XYZ45. I'm honestly a little disappointed they were limited to the first episodes, though I suppose that was an intended effect for Serena's character development.

So to answer your question, I wouldn't change a single thing. Why? Because it introduced us to the ship perfectly, while leaving some questions. Who is Serena? Why does she know Ash? What history is there? Combine that with her genuine worry for her right from the off (something we'd never before seen), even if it didn't hit you, deep down you knew that something would be different. Now if you mean her intro to Ash...same thing, actually. Her role in the gym battle and pushing Ash forward helped to cement the shipping as special because there was no bickering or broken pedestal even in that moment.

Interesting... I've always felt like there was something about it I wanted to change, but I've never been able to put my finger on what is was exactly. Maybe Serena's hesitance around Ash. It's apparent from the first scenes.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

A topic like this is probably suited for the Serena fan club, but I'll try to make the topic more Amourshipping related.

For one I probably won't change much but I think that there should have been more flashbacks from the summer camp in the episode she first saw Ash in person. Id like it if they fleshed it out more and give us more of a background of the summer camp and if Ash and Serena met before or what happened after that incident. I would honestly have loved it if there was another scene where Gary teases her and Ash sticks up for her or something. Or maybe Serena sees Gary teasing Ash and she gets angered by it but doesn't do anything since she was pretty shy back then.

Link73

Let's continue...

What are some of ArmourShipping's strengths? What are its weaknesses?

Pros:
- It's a canon... maybe this was what most Pokémon shippers were waiting.
- The backstory; no doubt the fact they met before everything started helped to make this ship strong.
- Serena's reactions; not only they made everybody say "DAMNIT SERENA TELL HIM NOW" but it also makes us laugh in the proccess.
- Teasings to Serena by people the girls that are aware of the crush were either funny or something I will call "NO MIETTE YOU DON'T LIKE ASH SHUT UP"

Cons:
- Ash denseness does not help too much sometimes
- There should be more Bonnie involvement teasing Serena (Hers could be worse than Miette's!)

But the thing is, were Serena's feelings strong enough at the start of XY for her to actually start giving hints out? Like, she did drop little hints about him remembering their time in Summer Camp, but I don't think her feelings really started coming into play until XY 21, latest 26. The moment with Penelope, I feel, was more her realizing that there were other people who could lok at him that way, but I think she was still in some denial that she felt this way until Miette came along.

I wouldn't say she's in denial. She's just secretive about it. She just tend to change topics to hide it but she's not denying her feelings for Ash. Yeah, Miette was the reason why she has to step up her game so if I were to rewrite (or rather add something) her character, I'd make her a bolder (but not bold enough to make some awkward moments between her and Ash XD) with her feelings for Ash. Who knows maybe Ash would get it for once.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
C'mon peeps! Just throw in the words Amourshipping once or twice and you're good to go! In all seriousness, guys...it's only the 4th page! Don't start picking fights with mods...

What I think that's really the only weakness of AmourShipping is the Pokemon anime itself, did anyone really expect a ship like Amourshipping to ever happen? No, and that's because there was never supposed to be one and the writers dug themselves a big hole. Pokeshipping and AmourShipping are the only ships that made it out and sailed somewhat...Even though I never really liked Pokeshippping...

Does Amour remind you of a shipping? Pokemon or otherwise? Does Serena's character remind you of anyone?

Pearlshipping has a couple of similarities, the biggest one would by Lyra=Miette, I never shipped Pearl much either but Amour, Pearl, and Advance are somewhat similar. I'm really hoping Miette somehow makes a comeback...

Pearlshipping was far mroe popular than Pokeshipping tho, it ahd mroe fans and promoton than Poke. On a unrelated note.

Epicocity

I wouldn't say she's in denial. She's just secretive about it. She just tend to change topics to hide it but she's not denying her feelings for Ash. Yeah, Miette was the reason why she has to step up her game so if I were to rewrite (or rather add something) her character, I'd make her a bolder (but not bold enough to make some awkward moments between her and Ash XD) with her feelings for Ash. Who knows maybe Ash would get it for once.

You're right, denial was the wrong word. More...she's not quite at the point where it's an issue, and Miette forces it. Like it grows slowly with Penelope, then Aria on TV, then Miette was the final nail where she finally starts realizing her feelings are there and that she has to be a little more proactive. But I can understand you wanting her to be bolder in that respect!

Pearlshipping was far mroe popular than Pokeshipping tho, it ahd mroe fans and promoton than Poke. On a unrelated note.

*facepalm* Okay, seriosuly??????? 1st the unrelated topic, then the one-liners and now you're throwing this???? Go back to the 1st page please and read the rules...

C'mon peeps! Just throw in the words Amourshipping once or twice and you're good to go! In all seriousness, guys...it's only the 4th page! Don't start picking fights with mods...

What I think that's really the only weakness of AmourShipping is the Pokemon anime itself, did anyone really expect a ship like Amourshipping to ever happen? No, and that's because there was never supposed to be one and the writers dug themselves a big hole. Pokeshipping and AmourShipping are the only ships that made it out and sailed somewhat...Even though I never really liked Pokeshippping...

Does Amour remind you of a shipping? Pokemon or otherwise? Does Serena's character remind you of anyone?

Pearlshipping has a couple of similarities, the biggest one would by Lyra=Miette, I never shipped Pearl much either but Amour, Pearl, and Advance are somewhat similar. I'm really hoping Miette somehow makes a comeback...

Guys, please read the rules about bringing up other ships, for Pete's sake.

Anyway, I'll try to turn things around.
How do you expect Ash would react if Serena finally admits her feelings for him???

IMO, he'd be surprised about this as he has never encountered having a girl confess their feelings for him though I'm sure that he wouldn't too surprised to the point that he'd start avoiding Serena.

Last edited:

Epicocity

*facepalm* Okay, seriosuly??????? 1st the unrelated topic, then the one-liners and now you're throwing this???? Go back to the 1st page please and read the rules...

Guys, please read the rules about bringing up other ships, for Pete's sake.

Anyway, I'll try to turn things around.
How do you expect Ash would react if Serena finally admits her feelings for him???

IMO, he'd be surprised about this as he has never encountered having a girl confess their feelings for him though I'm sure that he wouldn't too surprised to the point that he'd start avoiding Serena.

Honestly, at this rate....

I expect dumb confusion from Ash because I still think he understands very little in the realm of romance. Maybe it's just my personal opinion, but unless he had someone *cough*Brock*cough* beat some sense into him regarding love, I don't see Ash understanding. He would never reject, but understanding is a different story, you know?

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
You might wanna stretch out what you said, it could be considered as a one liner, this unrelated but PearlShipping was not promoted, Dawn was. There was not a lot of hints really, it didn't seem like Dawn liked Ash that way...

A shipping being promoted is different from a character being promoted...Heck Candy Girl, Dori Dori, and all the hints show that while Serena is being promoted so is Amour...

What is still don't understand is that how they can make a song like Candy Gorl and then freaking throw away the ship...

Edit: Sorry Setsuna, I'm relating ships to Amour, do you want me to delete them? Just similarities and differences is what I was comparing. I want like bashing any just comparing.

But according to polls Pearlshipping is WAY more popular i mean they had some hints in the Openign High Touch, there was a commercial that featured them only. It seems that Pearlshipping was Amourshipping Beta in terms of popularity. I was onyl saying about how popular the pairing is not if its canon or has any chance

Honestly, at this rate....

I expect dumb confusion from Ash because I still think he understands very little in the realm of romance. Maybe it's just my personal opinion, but unless he had someone *cough*Brock*cough* beat some sense into him regarding love, I don't see Ash understanding. He would never reject, but understanding is a different story, you know?

I'm pretty sure the dude knows what love is, he has hanged around Brock for quite a time. What the problem is that Ash has no experience in love.

The confession should knock some sense in him, and at least make think about what Serena said to him.

Edit: Dude DankOverlord stay on topic, we have had more mods on the first 4 pages then before

You might wanna stretch out what you said, it could be considered as a one liner, this unrelated but PearlShipping was not promoted, Dawn was. There was not a lot of hints really, it didn't seem like Dawn liked Ash that way...

A shipping being promoted is different from a character being promoted...Heck Candy Girl, Dori Dori, and all the hints show that while Serena is being promoted so is Amour...

What is still don't understand is that how they can make a song like Candy Gorl and then freaking throw away the ship...

Edit: Sorry Setsuna, I'm relating ships to Amour, do you want me to delete them? Just similarities and differences is what I was comparing. I want like bashing any just comparing.

Yes please, comparison with other ships falls under avoiding other ships rule. I mean if we're to talk about Ikarishipping and/or Contestshipping with Amourshipping, then it's fine.

On topic: Let's have a little icebreaker question: How do you imagine Ash and Serena's wedding?
For me
Groom: Ash
Bride: Serena
Best men: Brock, Clemont and Tracey
Brides maid: Misty, May, Dawn and Iris
Chef: Cilan
Flower girl: Bonnie
Ring bearer: Max

Wedding venue: Laverre city
Wedding theme: Laverre city theme (a.k.a the amourshipping theme)

Man, the things I'd do to make this happen! XD

It would be nice to see a little timeskip that shows Ash and Serena getting married even just for once and then they continue on with Ash's journey like usual. At least we've seen the shipping in someway canonized.

But according to polls Pearlshipping is WAY more popular i mean they had some hints in the Openign High Touch, there was a commercial that featured them only. It seems that Pearlshipping was Amourshipping Beta in terms of popularity. I was onyl saying about how popular the pairing is not if its canon or has any chance

Regardless, you're still comparing a rival shipping to amourshipping which is against the rules. Please refrain from bringing up other shippings for comparison purposes. I don't want to see this thread being locked out again.

Last edited:

AshSerena

probably wont get it first then later on he will realize it and say sorry to her not knowing about Serena feelings, but i doubt he will accept it first, it probably gonna take some time before he also admit his feeling xD

this thread got reboot again like the last time.. i hope you guys are not doing it on purpose just to closed this thread..pls :(

Red Pheonix

You're right, denial was the wrong word. More...she's not quite at the point where it's an issue, and Miette forces it. Like it grows slowly with Penelope, then Aria on TV, then Miette was the final nail where she finally starts realizing her feelings are there and that she has to be a little more proactive. But I can understand you wanting her to be bolder in that respect!

Actually, I never thought of that way! Each of those hints said, "You like Ash, don't you?", "You like Ash, don't you?" "You like Ash, don't you?" And finally in the Miette scene, pretty much said, "Yeah, I do." It seems that we can sqeeze out more Amour juice after all..........

We should clear up what topics are related and unrelated. Or how can we talk in a way to keep things Amour.

Deleted both Setsuna, can we not talk about other ships and how Amour is different or similar? If we can't I'm sorry, I was just bringing up the fact that it hasn't happened before in a long time.

Candy Girl is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen, I love it to death and all, but if you're gonna end the ship, then why create beautiful songs like this? If AmourShipping ends up in the trash, I will be question the writers' sanity.

AmourShipping will get a good closure, I can feel it.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Sigh...and a ::facepalm::

Well of course he might not understand at first because he's still dense. If he didn't feel the same way in return, I think he would try to make sure that Serena doesn't get hurt emotionally. I mean the way he's treated her this whole series has been a bit uncharacteristic of him. Putting off his gym battles, not getting upset when she stopped the double battle to go train, protecting her, complimenting her, etc...He's been more mature this series, so I hope his density would get washed away by this, and he'd do the right thing. I honestly don't know tbh lol, this is too hard to speculate considering everything and his denseness.