• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Looking at the bright side though, it might not just be a stactic picture but rather a fully animated clip, like Goh and Chloe's last scene montage, and it might include some amour hint, tho we will have to wait to see if we do end up getting a full blown cameo instead or just nothing at all.

Can't say i expected a whole episode about it tho, especially after the way they phrased Serena's last goodbye in xyz and the way they created so many obstacles for them to meet again in Journeys (as if to say they haven't matured enough to be able to meet again and talk about their feelings, or at least that is what i think the writers might have been trying to portray), but i still think a little hint might be possible.
Amourshipping wise I just hope they don't sink it by confirming that Serena has moved on from ash or another ash or serena ship becomes canon. Anything but those.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Oh boy... I can't wait for Ash and Pikachu to walk off into the sunset alone with Ash not falling in love with anyone but his drive for more Pokemon battles.

Best ending, if you ask me.

Specially Ash sets out alone.

I do have higher hopes when it comes to Tomioka's writing, not necessarily that amour will be addressed, but that at least this last episode will be somewhat entertaining.

I think lost a bit of goodwill on Tomioka but that's for other day.

But yeah, I could see a footage of silent still shots of how the other major characters are doing.

Xuxuba

Amourshipping wise I just hope they don't sink it by confirming that Serena has moved on from ash or another ash ship becomes canon. Anything but those.
I don't think you need to worry too much about that. It'd be too dissonant with the rest of the episode's theme and there'd be no place to fit that subplot anywhere.
The writing on this show might not be the best, but they usually stick to the episode's overall premise.

I think lost a bit of goodwill on Tomioka but that's for other day.

But yeah, I could see a footage of silent still shots of how the other major characters are doing.
I totally understand, but i think in general he had more hits than misses.

Thematically-wise, it makes sense to show the companions, as they were part of Ash's journey towards becoming a pokémon master. Granted, it'd still be hopeful wishing, as there is always the possibility they just ignore them altogether.
That said, they did a montage of them before in JN so i don't see why they couldn't and wouldn't now that the actual end is here.

Last edited:

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I don't think you need to worry too much about that. It'd be too dissonant with the rest of the episodes' theme and there'd no place to fit that subplot anywhere.
I guess the writers confirming that Serena moved on from ash in jn105 in some interview is the top of my worry list

Last edited:

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
That'd only make sense if they wanted to confirm some other ship, which seems unlikely at the moment.
yeah it's unlikely atm what I'm worried about is that they confirm that Serena has moved on it in some interview or Q&A

Xuxuba

I guess the writers confirming that Serena moved on from ash in jn105 in some interview is the top of my worry list
Unless that opinion materializes in the show, it doesn't make much difference.
The show has multiple writers, each writer has their own opinion and they often change with time.

Heck, if it were up to the show's original main writer, romantic subplots would have never existed in the first place.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I think lost a bit of goodwill on Tomioka but that's for other day
After his series composition on the Digimon Adventure reboot, I know the feeling.

I’m still in the camp who says that ambiguity will be used over having a definitive future. In the event the new characters fail, we can at least pull Ash into the mix to get the fans talking again.

AARTX

Dead inside…
After his series composition on the Digimon Adventure reboot, I know the feeling.

I’m still in the camp who says that ambiguity will be used over having a definitive future. In the event the new characters fail, we can at least pull Ash into the mix to get the fans talking again.
Eh, I fully buy the new series being AU. If Ash ever returns, it will probably be in a separate OVA or miniseries that is non-canon to the new continuity.

Trey pokes

Don't think it will be AU. Something makes me think, that it's set in the same world and that Ash will be mentioned in some form.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Whelp this thread has gone to another hell hole. Exit stage right then
It's either this or a subreddit full of no effort cringe posts or twitter, damn amour discourse is at an all time low.

Last edited: