• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I think all the staff needed to do was create one small scene in SM or JN where these two could have talked about what happened on the elevator.

For example:
Now that's interesting, If I was a writer I would make amour fully realize after MPM11 where an older Ash doesn't know what to do after realizing his dreams of becoming a pokemon master and then that's where Serena comes in and helps Ash find a new path in life I would also have Ash slowly gain feelings for Serena while she is being oblivious to those signs. Basically a reverse in dynamic that they had in XY

Morax

King of heroes
Now that's interesting, If I was a writer I would make amour fully realize after MPM11 where an older Ash doesn't know what to do after realizing his dreams of becoming a pokemon master and then that's where Serena comes in and helps Ash find a new path in life I would also have Ash slowly gain feelings for Serena while she is being oblivious to those signs. Basically a reverse in dynamic that they had in XY
>MC keeps the girl waiting for an answer until he has completed every task and has nothing better to do
Nice romance you got there

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
>MC keeps the girl waiting for an answer until he has completed every task and has nothing better to do
Nice romance you got there
In JN105 Serena seemed too busy focusing on her goals to wait for Ash's answer. Don't get me wrong she still loves Ash but I think it's in the back of her head as of now.

Morax

King of heroes
In JN105 Serena seemed too busy focusing on her goals to wait for Ash's answer. Don't get me wrong she still loves Ash but I think it's in the back of her head as of now.
>Kept staring at the boat until it disappeared into the horizon
Yeah, "too busy". Definitely not waiting for an answer.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
>Kept staring at the boat until it disappeared into the horizon
Yeah, "too busy". Definitely not waiting for an answer.
I think it's just her missing ash and being sad at not talking to ash more than waiting for his awnser

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes
I think it's just her missing ash and being sad at not talking to ash more not waiting for his awnser
Bruh the way she stood at the docks, waiting for the ship to disappear pretty obviously implies yearning. It's a widely used trope you can find literally everywhere

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Bruh the way she stood at the docks, waiting for the ship to disappear pretty obviously implies yearning.
Yeah but her time in the episode didn't end with her waiting, it ended with this:
qkITlz9.jpg

It is pretty obvious that Serena still loves Ash but as of now the dream of making people smile is more important

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
That doesn't really matter? She was staring longingly at the ship for him quite some time which was pretty deliberate on the writers part.
Yeah and to me it shows that a part of Serena still loves Ash but the dream is more important as of now hence why she stopped staring and went on.

Morax

King of heroes
Yeah and to me it shows that a part of Serena still loves Ash but the dream is more important as of now hence why she stopped staring and went on.
Why does one have to be more important than other? Why can't Ash be as important to her as the dream?

Is this some feminism thing?

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
I mean, isn't the whole point of Serena going on her own journey to make herself better for Ash? She even outright stated during her last conversation with him that if Ash will be the greatest in battling then she must become the best in performing (or something around that line, I forgot). To me that pretty much says that her goal is just as much as important like Ash for her.

That dock scene clearly shows longing but at that time, the best she could do is to pursue her dreams so that one day, she could stand side-by-side with him....

I dunno, maybe I'm just crazy....

Morax

King of heroes
I mean, isn't the whole point of Serena going on her own journey to make herself better for Ash? She even outright stated during her last conversation with him that if Ash will be the greatest in battling then she must become the best in performing (or something around that line, I forgot). To me that pretty much says that her goal is just as much as important like Ash for her.

That dock scene clearly shows longing but at that time, the best she could do is to pursue her dreams so that one day, she could stand side-by-side with him....

I dunno, maybe I'm just crazy....
Exactly.

People just refuse to admit that Ash = dream.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I mean, isn't the whole point of Serena going on her own journey to make herself better for Ash?
it is one of the reasons but the major point of Serena going on her own journey is to be the kalos queen that inspires people and makes them smile and to be the person that gives back to the people who helped her and my fanfic idea perfectly ties into that

ComedianGuy8

As Yajima stated in the 2016, their relationship is destined to become a romantic one in their future. A future that is now possible thanks to Ash's journey coming to an end for us. No more shippers watching every episode anxiously of whether Ash would get a new romantic love interest.
Also, some shippers, especially hardcore ones, tend to ignore Yajima's statement and/or credit it as invalid because they hope and assume that Ash and another female companion (Misty is the most common one) becomes a couple instead when no such statement from the staff exists. On the other hand, some viewers believe their relationship will never happen at all.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Also, some shippers, especially hardcore ones, tend to ignore Yajima's statement and/or credit it as invalid
Well a lot of the people discredit Yajima's words because he is not in charge anymore... But look who's back

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Well a lot of the people discredit Yajima's words because he is not in charge anymore... But look who's back
That's not quite accurate.

Some people discredit Yajima's statement because they think he's no longer involved with the anime in any capacity after XYZ ended. They clearly weren't paying attention.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Some people discredit Yajima's statement because they think he's no longer involved with the anime in any capacity after XYZ ended. They clearly weren't paying attention.
Even if he is completely gone what he said is still holds true Yajima's statement represents what the entire staff thinks. The idea of amourshipping came from an OS producer as far as I can remember

That's not quite accurate.
What I meant at that post is that he is not in charge in the main anime anymore.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Bruh the way she stood at the docks, waiting for the ship to disappear pretty obviously implies yearning. It's a widely used trope you can find literally everywhere

That doesn't really matter? She was staring longingly at the ship for quite some time which was pretty deliberate on the writers part.

Huge missed opportunity in not showing Ash's perspective.

As Serena turns around and runs off, the 'camera' could have panned over to reveal that Ash on the boat was staring back at Serena on the docks the whole time.

No dialogue needed. Minimal effort. Yet would have pushed the ship so much.