• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I'm not too old to this ship either. I only started to watch xyz in April.

I also really like how Serena's love for Ash is genuine and unconditional. She likes him because of his personality and not for his looks. Wait a minute.......now I think about it, did Serena ever appreciated Ash's looks?

And everybody loves tomato Serena. Period.
Sometimes it's better that one recently discovered the ship because then they didn't have to sit and wait every week for an episode to come out or these long breaks lol. I like how back then I could just fly through the episodes one after the other, but then it came to a halt around episode XY63 (I still forget exactly when I started lol).

As for appreciating his looks, one could argue the stare she gave him in the Serena Becomes Ash episode. It's funny that they each had one of those moments, but also intriguing at the same time.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
Wow, seeing these Poke and Advanced shippers come together and talk about this stuff is interesting. I'm surprised that some still believe there's hope for them.

Is this what we're going to be like 10 years down the road?
Typing this stuff because we believe that Serena will come back to Ash. I guess it's fine since we have the advantage that it's a legitimate crush given by the writers. Unless they decide to ruin everything for us in the upcoming episodes or give Ash a new love interest, which I highly doubt anyways.

3vr1m

That's my point. He likes Serena, just he has no knowledge where this "like" is going to take him. Of course, that would also mean he's not old enough to understand this things and therefore he has no romantic feelings for Serena, but rather borderline romantic feelings, if that's a thing. Better then oblivious forever I suppose.

I thought about the same thing. I think Ash does have feelings towards Serena at certain point, but donsnt know how strong these feelings are. He does/says things to serena which he didnt done to any previous girl before. I think it was in Battle Frontier where Anabel had feelings for him too and he didnt had a clue (heck he didnt even realized that Anabel was a girl in the first place)

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Wow, seeing these Poke and Advanced shippers come together and talk about this stuff is interesting. I'm surprised that some still believe there's hope for them.

Typing this stuff because we believe that Serena will come back to Ash. I guess it's fine since we have the advantage that it's a legitimate crush given by the writers. Unless they decide to ruin everything for us in the upcoming episodes or give Ash a new love interest, which I highly doubt anyways.

I think there's no 10 years after this. I reallt expect Pokémon to change Ash to another protagonist because... it's getting monotyped xD. Many of us believe Seren will be part of Ash's endgame because she's the only one with a real crush. I don't think it will die because she's so popular right now (especially in the Western World) and I also expect another Dawn return just for the sake of the fans. But when, I really don't know. Maybe over 5-10 years they decide to make Pokémon for adults, to get aml the old viewers watch their childhood heroes grow up and get mature. (And Ash finally being 16 or so)
Or maybe just a new project they can invent like 'Old Companion Series!' Each week a new episode from another old companion and at the end, they all meet and they go to find Ash, leading them to the biggest group in Pokémon history. Seriously that would be epic. Pokémon won't go on forever so I expect them to do something to make everybody comeback.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

Yes, in all likelihood, this is where Amour is going to be in ten years. That's the old school method, and no one has defied it yet. If you want to keep supporting your pairing at all, you're going to be talking about how things could have been.

rfpitagoras

ObsesiveAmourshipper
I think there's no 10 years after this. I reallt expect Pokémon to change Ash to another protagonist because... it's getting monotyped xD. Many of us believe Seren will be part of Ash's endgame because she's the only one with a real crush. I don't think it will die because she's so popular right now (especially in the Western World) and I also expect another Dawn return just for the sake of the fans. But when, I really don't know. Maybe over 5-10 years they decide to make Pokémon for adults, to get aml the old viewers watch their childhood heroes grow up and get mature. (And Ash finally being 16 or so)
Or maybe just a new project they can invent like 'Old Companion Series!' Each week a new episode from another old companion and at the end, they all meet and they go to find Ash, leading them to the biggest group in Pokémon history. Seriously that would be epic. Pokémon won't go on forever so I expect them to do something to make everybody comeback.

Have you watched Lockstin's/Gnoggin's theory? i get the feeling u have lol. I truly believe it though. There's simply too big of an evidence pile to deny for me, pokemon is caming to a reboot on gen 8, so alola might be the endgame for ash. I hope

Last edited:

Red Pheonix

After 10 years, I won't be hoping for Serena to come back to Ash although I'll still support Amourshipping for the sole reason of Serena. She's a character I adore and I don't feel like abondoning her ever.

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/784777368380506114
So new infos about the S&M anime next Saturday on Pokenchi right after the Serena episode , I think it will introduce the travelling companions , next week is going to be the hardest week Amourshippers never had.
Don't forget there's the 2nd preview in like 6h from now , I hope there's more about the Serena/Grace thing , I want to know what they talking about !

We had pretty harder weeks. The league and the title reveal of xyz45. Like just don't go into mass depression mode again if they don't show Serena.

I would love to think Grace is giving advice to Serena about Ash. Like she would tell she understands the dilemma Serena is facing now, that is traveling with Ash Vs Palermo's offer, and she advices Serena to finish her business with Ash before taking a decision. But I don't have enough reasons to think they're talking about Ash.

Motor Bug2005

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/784777368380506114
So new infos about the S&M anime next Saturday on Pokenchi right after the Serena episode , I think it will introduce the travelling companions , next week is going to be the hardest week Amourshippers never had.

Don't you mean it'll introduce Ash's classmates? Also, it doesn't look like Serena's gonna be getting a post series special as I would really associate Stunfisk (the pokemon shown in the broadcast data for the special after the Sycamore/Alexa special) more with Clemont (with it being part Electric type) and Cilan (since he actually has a Stunfisk) than Serena and since D&P, there have typically been 2 post series specials per series. Could this mean that they're just forgetting about Serena or do they really have something bigger planned for her? I wonder...

Last edited:

Red Pheonix

Don't you mean it'll introduce Ash's classmates? Also, it doesn't look like Serena's gonna be getting a post series special as I would really associate Stunfisk (the pokemon shown in the broadcast data for the special after the Sycamore/Alexa special) more with Clemont (with it being part Electric type) and Cilan (since he actually has a Stunfisk) than Serena and since Sinnoh, there have typically been 2 post series specials per series. Could this mean that they're just forgetting about Serena or do they have something bigger planned for her? I wonder...

Wait a Serena special? But without Ash in it, how can we get meaningful Amourshipping moments in it? Unless she starts talking over the phone to Ash or she contacts Delia through her mother(idk maybe the two moms at the summer camp or something) or she prepares her Alola entrance.

Motor Bug2005

Wait a Serena special? But without Ash in it, how can we get meaningful Amourshipping moments in it? Unless she starts talking over the phone to Ash or she contacts Delia through her mother(idk maybe the two moms at the summer camp or something) or she prepares her Alola entrance.

Well if Serena did by any chance get a special, Amour most probably wouldn't be the focus but rather her journey to do whatever she decides to do in XY&Z045. But keep in mind that since the end of D&P, we have had 2 post series specials per series showing Ash's departed companions on their own journeys. With Stunfisk being the broadcast data pokemon for the second special and with it being part Electric type, it makes sense for it to focus on Clemont and/or Cilan rather than Serena. This makes me think that with Serena not being the focus of either of the specials (I can't see there being more than 2 myself), they're either completely forgetting about her or they've got something bigger planned for her further down the line.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Well if Serena did by any chance get a special, Amour most probably wouldn't be the focus but rather her journey to do whatever she decides to do in XY&Z045. But keep in mind that since the end of D&P, we have had 2 post series specials per series showing Ash's departed companions on their own journeys. With Stunfisk being the broadcast data pokemon for the second special and with it being part Electric type, it makes sense for it to focus on Clemont and/or Cilan rather than Serena. This makes me think that with Serena not being the focus of either of the specials (I can't see there being more than 2 myself), they're either completely forgetting about her or they've got something bigger planned for her further down the line.

You forgot 1 detail: the past generations only had 2 companio besides Ash so only 2 specials. This time there are 3 and so I think there will be 3 specials. And they wouldn't just dump the most popular character in the Pokémon Anime that early. And yes it could even be a Alola focus episode where they just show Serena thinking about going to it. BTW, we will know what she will choose next episode. Just prepare dor the worst. Remember that this series, XYZ is about dreams. So...

volcanionmaster123

The only Pokegirl they really tried to forget about was Iris but even she got a special so Idk

Anyways, I guess from what hearing "huge" anime news coming next week or something. Take it as you will, but I think it's after the Serena focus episode so I guess we'll get legit 100% confirmation about her fate and where this ship's going by then

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
You forgot 1 detail: the past generations only had 2 companio besides Ash so only 2 specials. This time there are 3 and so I think there will be 3 specials. And they wouldn't just dump the most popular character in the Pokémon Anime that early. And yes it could even be a Alola focus episode where they just show Serena thinking about going to it. BTW, we will know what she will choose next episode. Just prepare dor the worst. Remember that this series, XYZ is about dreams. So...
I don't think Bonnie will get a special episode. I mean, what is it going to talk about? She's still too young and won't have her own dream yet. The only thing she'll do now is to help Clemont and maintain his gym.

She'd probably appear with him in his special anyways.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
I don't think Bonnie will get a special episode. I mean, what is it going to talk about? She's still too young and won't have her own dream yet. The only thing she'll do now is to help Clemont and maintain his gym.

She'd probably appear with him in his special anyways.

Yes I know but someone thought Serena wouldn't get one so I said this. And there's another special about nobody actually, so that's why

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Ok, so a few things went down since I last made an appearance, so I'm just going to go and say that everything they've shown us actually is beneficial to Serena staying:

1. XYZ47's summaries do essentially make it a 95% chance Serena departs for a little, most likely to accept Palermo's offer. Now, we know that Serena will probably have some problems under her leading to her choice to move on. This also coincides with the first scans for Sun and Moon where Serena isn't there. If she went to Kanto, it would be difficult to see how she would leave and come back.

2. Sticking with the Kanto theme, Serena not going to Kanto now means she'll go later. Why? Because it is necessary for her character arc to come full circle. Her journey with Ash started with the flashback scene in Pallet Town. It should end in Pallet Town.

3. Huge announcement on the 16th, after Serena episode. I'm not saying she will be announced here but its either then or after XYZ47. We'll see.

DatsRight

It does at least feel that they waited this long for much revelations to leave deliberate suspense whether she would stay (whether they actually intend her to or not).

Like when this episode resolves what she'll be doing after XYZ, they can go through Sun/Moon's cast in more detail, be it because it will be entirely new and no longer spoil Serena's departure, or because they can now display Serena's role in it after all.

Motor Bug2005

It does at least feel that they waited this long for much revelations to leave deliberate suspense whether she would stay (whether they actually intend her to or not).

Like when this episode resolves what she'll be doing after XYZ, they can go through Sun/Moon's cast in more detail, be it because it will be entirely new and no longer spoil Serena's departure, or because they can now display Serena's role in it after all.

Would this be the first time they've deliberately kept from revealing details of a new series' characters because of the potential of a character in the current series that's not Ash, Pikachu or TRio staying? Because if the summaries for the upcoming episodes are anything to go by, we already know what's gonna happen to Serena so if we already know her fate (which we most probably do), why hold back on giving us information about the next series' characters? I can think of 2 possible reasons:

#1 They're delibarately trying to create false suspense and drag out the supposed uncertainty about Serena's fate as long as possible (the most likely thing at this point).

or

#2 There's something big and good planned to be revealed about Serena (not likely but who knows?).

Last edited:

DatsRight

I'm sadly expecting 1. XY's been the king of cop-outs so far. Though it might also be why they haven't made details to a Serena special just yet, so there might be something good upcoming I suppose.

Motor Bug2005

I'm sadly expecting 1. XY's been the king of cop-outs so far. Though it might also be why they haven't made details to a Serena special just yet, so there might be something good upcoming I suppose.

I don't think there's even gonna be a Serena special for reasons I've said in my previous posts on this page. Check them out if you haven't already, they might interest you.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
I don't think there's even gonna be a Serena special for reasons I've said in my previous posts on this page. Check them out if you haven't already, they might interest you.

Everybody gets a special. Even Cilan got one. So why would Serena not? Plz stay optimistic. Omegaz is not here all the time and I can't stop you all