• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Heekful

"Amour" in "AmourShipping" is meant to be the French word. It's meant to be pronounced the same as it is in textbook French French. I don't know if it's different in any regional dialects.

XYZ45 is likely going to be the most important AmourShipping episode so far. It's better if we just go into it without expectations, and be blown away when it airs.

Yeah I'm french and "Amour" is pronounced like this : A-Moor and mean love (but the real love not a friendly love but I guess you all knew this xD)

Anyway , yup I don't want to do theories that much , I just wait till the episode air and thursday we will know if we are going to cry or be more optimistic.

Just a quick question, but is someone hete that has followed Pokémon XY from the start, like 2013? I wonder how much hype there was when no one knew who Serena was. I just watched the XY trailer and there was not a real hype but I can imagine there was some hypr about it around XY7?
Someone who was followed it from the beginning? I want to know how many people noticed it or got excited about it

Just watch the 1st Amour thread when XY007 aired , there was like 1 post every ten seconds that was crazy.
XY007 aired 11/21/13
Just look : http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...-General-Discussion-(SPOILER-WARNING)/page215

I don't know if this was the same in Japan , better ask AshSerena for this.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Yeah I'm french and "Amour" is pronounced like this : A-Moor and mean love (but the real love not a friendly love but I guess you all knew this xD)

Anyway , yup I don't want to do theories that much , I just wait till the episode air and thursday we will know if we are going to cry or be more optimistic.

Just watch the 1st Amour thread when XY007 aired , there was like 1 post every ten seconds that was crazy.
XY007 aired 11/21/13
Just look : http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...-General-Discussion-(SPOILER-WARNING)/page215

Holy. That was an active thread xD.
I wonder where all those people went to? Did they stop halfway because they thought it would never go canon? Or what happened? The previous one V2 was also active but I only remember people who are also here active. So what happened?

Amour vs Armour ;) Epicocity and Pheonix know lol...xD I'm sure they still remember lol.

Like I said guys, don't rag on people for being pessimistic, and pessimistic people choose you words carefully. We are all Armour(jk)AmourShippers in the end. Just withhold judgment till 45.

Could Ashserena translate what happened in preview 2?

Stay Strong and Ship Both Armour and Amour! xD

rfpitagoras

ObsesiveAmourshipper
Amour vs Armour ;) Epicocity and Pheonix know lol...xD I'm sure they still remember lol.

Like I said guys, don't rag on people for being pessimistic, and pessimistic people choose you words carefully. We are all Armour(jk)AmourShippers in the end. Just withhold judgment till 45.

Could Ashserena translate what happened in preview 2?

Stay Strong and Ship Both Armour and Amour! xD

I don't think we'll know much more by the. I don't think we'll know till SM005-SM010
Basically january or so

Red Pheonix

I wonder where all those people went to? Did they stop halfway because they thought it would never go canon? Or what happened? The previous one V2 was also active but I only remember people who are also here active. So what happened?

The same thing that happened to V2 as far as I know. Doesn't help that some people got more busy at the same time.

Speaking of which, I noticed this Amourshipping cycle in the thread-

1. People talk about random Amour stuff.
2. Someone comes with new info.
3. People don't see Serena. "Guys, they are killing Amour!"
4. Some people shout, "Don't give up till the end!"
5. Heated discussion about whether the new info is good or bad for Amour.
6. Some off-topic/vaguely on-topic discussion about Serena, SM anime, marketing, writers, pessimism, optimism etc.
7. Some more "F*** you writers" and "Chill down guys!".
8. Some enjoying the ensuing chaos.
9. Things cool down.
10. Back to step 1.

I swear it goes like this every.single.time.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Just a quick question, but is someone hete that has followed Pokémon XY from the start, like 2013? I wonder how much hype there was when no one knew who Serena was. I just watched the XY trailer and there was not a real hype but I can imagine there was some hypr about it around XY7?
Someone who was followed it from the beginning? I want to know how many people noticed it or got excited about it

I took a break in the middle, but I was indeed here in 2013 during the XY debut. I joined the boat right around here. As you can probably guess, we were very active back then. People were hyped from the second we got a picture of Ash and Serena holding hands when they were young, and it hasn't died down much. People came, and people went, but this mountain still remains.

Understatement of the year right there.

A lot of people lost interest in Amour or Pokemon. I ended up taking a break for personal reasons. A lot of us in the beginning came from other ships, and we went back to where we came from instead of supporting Amour. Still, there are some that have been here since the start, and never parted. AshSerena's name comes to mind.

Last edited:

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Besides Ash grabbing Serena's hand and her blushing, what other hints do you think we'll see in this next episode?

Not sure if this question was asked already, but I'm curious. Anyway, I'm banking on someone that #Knows (Shauna or Grace) will bring up Ash to Serena and they'll have a very brief conversation about the whole situation. I mean it goes back to what I once said about all these people "knowing" and it really hasn't been touched upon a whole lot. This episode would be the perfect time for it imo. I don't think we'll see a confession happen though, I'm at about a 20% chance of that happening, but I do think it will have an impact somewhere along the lines. What that impact is, I'm still trying to figure it out tbh. Maybe one of them tells her to go talk to Ash about her decision, that's when they take a walk, and then get the Ash grabbing her hand and dragging her to the battlefield moment happens..?

Silencers

Seasoned Trainer
How did people respond? Well I wasn't posting but I was watching the thread back then since the beginning and basically it was more of a curiosity when everyone started. It was "Oh hey this girl has a history with Ash I wonder how she knows him?" and then we were wondering why she left on a journey for him until XY7 came out and answered it all. Everyone pretty much called it the Holy Grail of Amour (which was around the time the shipping needed a name, Saghettishipping vs Amour) I think the episode with the Sylveon trainer was also when the ship was even more solidified. But basically to answer your question the hype started around XY2 on Youtube and then sure enough you get music videos and fanfiction to follow. And then we all got knocked off our feet when XY 5 or so happened and we saw her history. And then we couldn't stand back up when XY 7 came out.

XY 7 was really what got they hype started and that's about when Amour blew up everywhere. Then combine that with the Miette episode and the Valentines poster and the fist year was definitely the most optimistic.

Granted I was a lurker and just kept tabs on Amour almost daily since the original thread was growing so fast (as it has been and still is) and the hype kept climbing. However the maximum height of hype was the date episode. It's never been that high since that episode.

Red Pheonix

Besides Ash grabbing Serena's hand and her blushing, what other hints do you think we'll see in this next episode?

Not sure if this question was asked already, but I'm curious. Anyway, I'm banking on someone that #Knows (Shauna or Grace) will bring up Ash to Serena and they'll have a very brief conversation about the whole situation. I mean it goes back to what I once said about all these people "knowing" and it really hasn't been touched upon a whole lot. This episode would be the perfect time for it imo. I don't think we'll see a confession happen though, I'm at about a 20% chance of that happening, but I do think it will have an impact somewhere along the lines. What that impact is, I'm still trying to figure it out tbh. Maybe one of them tells her to go talk to Ash about her decision, that's when they take a walk, and then get the Ash grabbing her hand and dragging her to the battlefield moment happens..?

I'm not banking on Shauna knows though I can see Grace knows happening. I mean she would understand what her daughter is going through the best and she would give the best advice to her. And I want some of that advice regarding Ash because Ash is the reason why Serena held off Palermo's offer in the first place. I think she mentioned Ash when she rejected Palermo's offer in the masterclass episode so obviously Ash needs to be addressed in some way.

Feraleaguehater

XY007 aired 11/21/13

OMG, reading that now got me so hyped. Once again, i can only feel sad that i wasn't watching the anime when XY07 first aired. Ah, those must have been truly marvelous times... It's good to see quite a few of you guys posting here, even nowadays.

I'm expecting great things from their battle, to be honest. A special moment like when Ash and Sawyer's feelings synchronized makes even more sense during Ash vs Serena.

Red Pheonix

OMG, reading that now got me so hyped. Once again, i can only feel sad that i wasn't watching the anime when XY07 first aired. Ah, those must have been truly marvelous times... It's good to see quite a few of you guys posting here, even nowadays.

I'm expecting great things from their battle, to be honest. A special moment like when Ash and Sawyer's feelings synchronized makes even more sense during Ash vs Serena.

I'll wait to see what happens after xyz is over.

I remembered something. Omode did the Ash Vs Sawyer league semi finals, as far as I remember. She pulled of the synchronized feelings thing there. So I think there's a good chance she'll put out again in Ash Vs Serena.

rfpitagoras

ObsesiveAmourshipper
I'll wait to see what happens after xyz is over.

I remembered something. Omode did the Ash Vs Sawyer league semi finals, as far as I remember. She pulled of the synchronized feelings thing there. So I think there's a good chance she'll put out again in Ash Vs Serena.

pretty sure it's going to be there, since there were in all "meaningful" battles (AshVClemont; And the whole league, not just omode's chapeter)

lane

A Giant Goldfish

I think that I started to binge watch the series up until XYZ 25 came out. I didn't watch it when it aired, because I always thought that Ash still hasn't matured enough.

Oh, definitely. I'm actually hoping to see that Ash will understand Serena's conviction and willpower during her battle - similar to how she used her willpower to win the Skiddo race against Grace in order to become a Performer and stick with Ash.

I'm not banking on Shauna knows though I can see Grace knows happening. I mean she would understand what her daughter is going through the best and she would give the best advice to her. And I want some of that advice regarding Ash because Ash is the reason why Serena held off Palermo's offer in the first place. I think she mentioned Ash when she rejected Palermo's offer in the masterclass episode so obviously Ash needs to be addressed in some way.

I'm guessing that there'll be a flashback from Grace's point of view to the scene where Grace was outside the room where Palermo was talking to Serena about taking her in as a disciple. I also think that Grace understands (or will understand) just how important Ash is to Serena, and with that in mind, suggest to Serena that the best option for her is just to be herself, and follow what she thinks is right. Serena will probably realise that her mother is right, and that she knows that sticking with Ash and learning and living with him throughout their many future adventures is the way for her to develop her skills as a Performer and as a human being.

//end fanficky moment of the day

Red Pheonix

I think that I started to binge watch the series up until XYZ 25 came out. I didn't watch it when it aired, because I always thought that Ash still hasn't matured enough.

Oh, definitely. I'm actually hoping to see that Ash will understand Serena's conviction and willpower during her battle - similar to how she used her willpower to win the Skiddo race against Grace in order to become a Performer and stick with Ash.

I'm guessing that there'll be a flashback from Grace's point of view to the scene where Grace was outside the room where Palermo was talking to Serena about taking her in as a disciple. I also think that Grace understands (or will understand) just how important Ash is to Serena, and with that in mind, suggest to Serena that the best option for her is just to be herself, and follow what she thinks is right. Serena will probably realise that her mother is right, and that she knows that sticking with Ash and learning and living with him throughout their many future adventures is the way for her to develop her skills as a Performer and as a human being.

//end fanficky moment of the day

Lol what if Palermo says that Serena doesn't need any training or whatever and suggests she have fun with Ash?

When was the last time you post your fanficy moment of the day? It's been a while.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
In the new preview, does anyone know what Clemont says after looking surprised? I saw someone say that he said "date?", but there's no confirmation for that. However, the next episode does seem almost like it will be a second date for them.

Motor Bug2005

In the new preview, does anyone know what Clemont says after looking surprised? I saw someone say that he said "date?", but there's no confirmation for that. However, the next episode does seem almost like it will be a second date for them.

There's a translation of the preview on Twitter and according to it, Clemont just says "What?". Here it is: https://twitter.com/serena_pokeXY/status/785009239639093248

BTW, if you have the chance, check out this post I made on the last page and tell me what you think of it. You might find it interesting: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?653815-Amourshipping-Thread-V3&p=18220697#post18220697

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
There's a translation of the preview on Twitter and according to it, Clemont just says "What?". Here it is: https://twitter.com/serena_pokeXY/status/785009239639093248

BTW, if you have the chance, check out this post I made on the last page and tell me what you think of it. You might find it interesting: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?653815-Amourshipping-Thread-V3&p=18220697#post18220697

I saw your post before. It's an interesting point, though I don't know if it means anything for us. I should note, though, that Dawn ended up leaving for Hoenn in a side story episode released after BW began. In fact, Misty is the only female companion confirmed to still be in her home region. May was last said to be in Johto, Iris was last said to be in Johto, and when Dawn was in Unova, she said she was going to Johto from Hoenn for the Wallace Cup. I don't think Serena will forever stay in Kalos, but I also don't think she will be going into Alola with Ash.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Lol what if Palermo says that Serena doesn't need any training or whatever and suggests she have fun with Ash?

When was the last time you post your fanficy moment of the day? It's been a while.

I also expect that, because after the Masterclass Serena finally understands what she lacked, and Palermo smiled. She still gave her an offer because going training under a professional is most of the time better than going on your own. And I don't see Palermo saying: 'go and have fun with Ash'. She sees Serena as a talented performer and she could be the Queen if she gets enough training. But if Palermo finds out about her crush, I could see something like this: 'You know if you come with me you won't be seeing him for a while? You can do 2 things: You can confess right now and come with me or you can follow him. I really don't mind what you do, as long as you follow your heart and be happy.'

Well, I have to admit if I had to choose from my love or my dream, I will Always pick my dream, but I don't know how Serena will react. It's actually thanks to Ash she made it so far, so I really think she needs to give him back for all the support, or just follow him for the sake of... No I think of it it's actually the hardest choice of your life. Dream or Love? Hmmm.

I think Clemont just sayus: 'What???' And it seems like a date but I still think it's a walk through the city. Anyone remember the summary of XYZ 45 with that picture of Ash and Serena walking in the streets?
Well, I think that's at the beginning of the episode and she decides to organize the Tripokalon.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper

It's not really a word, just a sound like, "Huuuuuuh?" The Japanese word for date, in the sense of "going on a date," is just the English word with a Japanese pronunciation-- "de-to."

Last edited:

lane

A Giant Goldfish

1. Wouldn't be surprised at this point, because literally anything could happen.

2. Maybe a month? School is exhausting, mate.

Strategically cutting off dialogue in certain places is strategic. Preserve the hype, right? :)

I also expect that, because after the Masterclass Serena finally understands what she lacked, and Palermo smiled. She still gave her an offer because going training under a professional is most of the time better than going on your own. And I don't see Palermo saying: 'go and have fun with Ash'. She sees Serena as a talented performer and she could be the Queen if she gets enough training. But if Palermo finds out about her crush, I could see something like this: 'You know if you come with me you won't be seeing him for a while? You can do 2 things: You can confess right now and come with me or you can follow him. I really don't mind what you do, as long as you follow your heart and be happy.'

Well, I have to admit if I had to choose from my love or my dream, I will Always pick my dream, but I don't know how Serena will react. It's actually thanks to Ash she made it so far, so I really think she needs to give him back for all the support, or just follow him for the sake of... No I think of it it's actually the hardest choice of your life. Dream or Love? Hmmm.

I think Clemont just sayus: 'What???' And it seems like a date but I still think it's a walk through the city. Anyone remember the summary of XYZ 45 with that picture of Ash and Serena walking in the streets?
Well, I think that's at the beginning of the episode and she decides to organize the Tripokalon.

1. True, but I still think that Palermo realises that Serena has the skills needed to become a Queen without her help, evidenced by the show that she and Shauna are gonna do (to improve morale in the shrekted city).

2. That's kinda paralleling the dilemma of truths vs ideals in the B/W games. But who says that both of them can't coexist? Surely choosing one doesn't mean that you're stuck on the path forever with no hope for ever seeing the other path again, right?

3. It's probably a quasi-date or something. Who knows?