• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

SoarStaraptor

If Serena's era is coming to an end in this series, the staff need to write her off with some disclosure of her feelings to Ash. You can't just have her say goodbye, have known feelings for him since the beginning of time, and write her off like it never happened. That'd be some terrible writing there. There are 2 episodes left. Let's hope they did right.

They have known each other since Pallet Town summer camp. You can't just.. erase that from existence..

Neatolzy

Everyone is eagerly waiting for XYZ47. If what the staff members and Masuda were true and not another bait then there's nothing to worry about. I can feel we're getting something good. Just keep those expectations at absolute zero for the meantime. Also, many fake amourshippers are already jumping ship to Mallow, Lillie, and Lana ships, completely forgetting that Amour was the closest one to become canon. Not to mention the only ship when one of them had a canon crush on him (wouldn't call it crush anymore but love).

No matter what happens, I will still remain faithful to Amour and nothing else. There will be no future ship that can come close to this. Unless the writers are taking drugs and makes a future ship after amour canon. Poor Serena will have the most devastating heartbreak in her life. If that happens lol, I can imagine Serena herself going to her Blue Brock phase whenever someone mentions Ash's name.

Miette: Hey Serena! How are you and Ash?
Serena: *Turns blue* That.....name.....

I won't jump ship; I never shipped Ash with any previous pokegirl and after Serena I see no point in shipping him with any one in the future (comparing them to Serena wouldn't be fair to them :)). As for people being fair weather, I think that's to be expected; I feel like a lot of people get hyped easily and jump at the "next big thing" btw - nothing wrong with that, a lot of my friends are that way! I think we will get something good in XYZ47 since they have generally been willing to take some risks with the show. Also given what I've heard about "the age of predictability being over" and combined with Serena's choice, I'm optimistic that we'll get something special in the episode (hopefully good news). As has been stated, I think it would be great if Serena comes back when Ash is leaving school and is about to explore the islands. She can meet up with him and talk about her experience in Hoenn and vice versa. Would be nice if in XYZ47 she confesses, he returns her feelings and says something to the effect of they will explore them when she's accomplished what she wants to (in Hoenn). Then she shows up at school and Ash introduces her to Mallow and Lillie as his BAE (that will teach the ship-jumpers)! As an aside I'm kind of surprised no one mentioned this from the new preview; maybe I just missed it:

https://twitter.com/AshandSerena/status/787134988579852288

Epicocity

On another note, i was thinking of occupying myself with some amour fanfics in the meantime. If anyone wants their work read, i'm all ears(...and eyes...). I can give you some amateur feedback if you wish.

Signature...look at signature....

But about the part of your post I didn't quote, that seems to be the general consensus on this thread, but not really anywhere else, sad to say. At least here we're all level-headed. I do want to say, however, there's nothing wrong with shipping another ship. However, in my case, Amour is simply my OTP and that can't be changed. I might ship something else next saga, but it will never surpass this ship. Then again, I'm also stubborn.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
You should totally see some of my other analogies from the previous thread, mate. Apparently, I am that one guy who has unusual comparisons to things that usually makes sense, funnily enough. 11/10 Serena has a special place in Ash's heart.

Ash has a very special place in Serena's heart. That's a given by now. But I'm still excited about XYZ45, because it shows that there's a special place for Serena in Ash's heart. She loves that big dork, and respects him like no other. But we finally got to see Ash has feelings for her. They're relatively shaky, something he might not even fully recognize, but the fact of the matter is that there's something there. Maybe it came from some internal reflection on the events of Seeing The Forest for the Trees after his Kalos League loss. Maybe it came from something during the TF arc, nearly having his life ripped from him. Maybe it just came from the fact that it's so close to the end, and he knows it. But regardless of what triggered it, Ash is being more considerate and sensitive to her, her emotions and her future than he ever has to anyone else. He knows in his heart, on some level, she's special to him. He's going out of his way to be kind to her, and I think that, in a way, he feels he needs to give her wings to fly.

Red Pheonix

Also never thought I'd see PBJ be brought up in the Amourshipping forum.

Stealthy reference.....!

Ash has a very special place in Serena's heart. That's a given by now. But I'm still excited about XYZ45, because it shows that there's a special place for Serena in Ash's heart. She loves that big dork, and respects him like no other. But we finally got to see Ash has feelings for her. They're relatively shaky, something he might not even fully recognize, but the fact of the matter is that there's something there. Maybe it came from some internal reflection on the events of Seeing The Forest for the Trees after his Kalos League loss. Maybe it came from something during the TF arc, nearly having his life ripped from him. Maybe it just came from the fact that it's so close to the end, and he knows it. But regardless of what triggered it, Ash is being more considerate and sensitive to her, her emotions and her future than he ever has to anyone else. He knows in his heart, on some level, she's special to him. He's going out of his way to be kind to her, and I think that, in a way, he feels he needs to give her wings to fly.

Although it's a stretch to say that Serena took a special sit in Ash's heart but I definitely see Ash having feelings for Serena. I can now imagine Ash casually asking Serena to hang out together whenever he and Serena are free and enjoy his time with her. I can see Ash buying a pretty dress for Serena and surprising Serena, saying, "I thought you would like it." just out of trying to make her happy. Previously, it felt like Ash sort of did his thing and didn't look like he would casually hang out with Serena. But as I said, that's changed.

Johtohfiller

As far as the Mallow hand holding scene goes, I doubt it's intended as shippy, Pokemon has plenty of non-romantic hand holding scenes. It's all about context.

If Serena's era is coming to an end in this series, the staff need to write her off with some disclosure of her feelings to Ash. You can't just have her say goodbye, have known feelings for him since the beginning of time, and write her off like it never happened. That'd be some terrible writing there. There are 2 episodes left. Let's hope they did right.

They have known each other since Pallet Town summer camp. You can't just.. erase that from existence..

I would like for Serena to confess her feelings to Ash, but I don't think it's necessary as long as they show their affection somehow. Look at May and Drew, they didn't confess but their feelings for each other are obvious, it's probably the most blatant ship in the show's history.

Very well put! I think Amour is *very* close to canon now, and could be validly interpreted as already being there.

lane

A Giant Goldfish

Yep! I really do think that one of the themes in the XY series is that life is fleeting, and in order to fully embrace it and its vivid colours, you need to just do what you want (while following societal rules). Perhaps Ash did realise that his life could be cut just like *that*, and he's finally noticing that there's always been a bright flower next to him for the past three years.

Likewise for Serena, because she's nearly been killed lots of times.

Red Pheonix

Yep! I really do think that one of the themes in the XY series is that life is fleeting, and in order to fully embrace it and its vivid colours, you need to just do what you want (while following societal rules). Perhaps Ash did realise that his life could be cut just like *that*, and he's finally noticing that there's always been a bright flower next to him for the past three years.

Likewise for Serena, because she's nearly been killed lots of times.

Too bad for Ash, it took 138 episodes, one special and three movies to notice the "bright flower next to him".

Man, how Serena even stuck with this dork all this time?

Motor Bug2005

God damn it gentlemen. I expected better out of us.

Maybe this wasn't perfectly clear before, but Mallow grabbing Ash's hand means NOTHING. At all. In the slightest. If she starts blushing over him, I'd be concerned. If he grabs her hand, I'd be concerned. But literally everyone in this series has grabbed Ash's hand in excitement or impatience at one time or another. It means nothing to Amour, and it certainly doesn't mean Aloha (Is that a standardized term for Ash x Mallow now?) has become a cheap knockoff of Amour.

Exactly and actually, looking at that scene again, I'm now fairly sure that Mallow is grabbing Ash's wrist, not his hand which could make the furore surrounding it even less justified IMO.

Time for a question: If Serena does end up going to Alola and the new girls happen to notice her crush on Ash, based on what we know about their personalities so far, who do you think would end up supporting Serena?

CDVEN

Average Trainer
Too bad for Ash, it took 138 episodes, one special and three movies to notice the "bright flower next to him".

Man, how Serena even stuck with this dork all this time?

Actually, 133 episodes since Serena didn't meet up with her Ashy until XY005.

It's because she loves him. It doesn't matter to her if he's a loser, a dumba--, and an idiot. As long as she sees that happy-go-lucky dork she always knew, she would still love him no matter what. Serena would never replace Ash with someone else. Unless the writers are high on something to make Serena hook up with another character let's say Clemont for some damn reason

Exactly and actually, looking at that scene again, I'm now fairly sure that Mallow is grabbing Ash's wrist, not his hand which could make the furore surrounding it even less justified IMO.

Time for a question: If Serena does end up going to Alola and the new girls happen to notice her crush on Ash, based on what we know about their personalities so far, who do you think would end up supporting Serena?

I don't really get about the fuss about this scene. It's just Mallow leading Ash like a big sister so I doubt that either one of them would fall in love with each other. Mallow is too old for Ash, Lillie might possibly be UB-01 so gross, Lana, I don't think she's the type of girl that would get involved in these types of things.

I could probably see Mallow supporting her, Lillie getting confused on Serena why she loves that idiot, for Lana, I don't know.

Last edited:

Red Pheonix

Actually, 133 episodes since Serena didn't meet up with her Ashy until XY005.

It's because she loves him. It doesn't matter to her if he's a loser, a dumba--, and an idiot. As long as she sees that happy-go-lucky dork she always knew, she would still love him no matter what. Serena would never replace Ash with someone else. Unless the writers are high on something to make Serena hook up with another character let's say Clemont for some damn reason

Oh my bad!

I actually meant Serena has a lot of patience to stick around this long without getting frustrated at Ash. She had to endure quite a bit of dorky Ash, isn't that right?

CDVEN

Average Trainer
Oh my bad!

I actually meant Serena has a lot of patience to stick around this long without getting frustrated at Ash. She had to endure quite a bit of dorky Ash, isn't that right?

Yeah. Mainly because Ash treated her like a princess and didn't go full retard like he did with previous girls.
*cough*BW*cough*Sun and Moon*cough*

So yeah, Ash treated her quite nicely compared to his previous girls. It's kinda cute on how Serena brings out that sweet side of him. It's another thing why like this ship mainly because of this, other than her crush on that dork. She's lucky enough that she didn't had to endure OS Ash like Misty did. Ash seems cautious of her feelings, making sure he doesn't hurt her in any way. Look how bad he felt for he yelled at her in the Winding Woods episode after getting KO'd by Serena's snowballs.

Some guy (who hates the ship), just wrote a review how stupid amourshipping fanfics is. I didn't give one tiny fck about it and deleted his review. I really don't like other shippers who spam just to say they hate it. Why don't they just keep it to themselves?

Last edited:

Epicocity

Yeah. Mainly because Ash treated her like a princess and didn't go full retard like he did with previous girls.

So yeah, Ash treated her quite nicely compared to his previous girls. It's kinda cute on how Serena brings out that sweet side of him. It's another thing why like this ship mainly because of this, other than her crush on that dork. She's lucky enough that she didn't had to endure OS Ash like Misty did. Ash seems cautious of her feelings, making sure he doesn't hurt her in any way. Look how bad he felt for he yelled at her in the Winding Woods episode after getting KO'd by Serena's snowballs.

Some guy (who hates the ship), just wrote a review how stupid amourshipping fanfics is. I didn't give one tiny fck about it and deleted his review. I really don't like other shippers who spam just to say they hate it. Why don't they just keep it to themselves?

I think Serena would have loved OS Ash the same as any other version of Ash. She loves him for his inner qualities. Ash was immature and a brat in OS, sure, but it didn't help that he had people around him constantly bringing up this fact instead of helping him. For all we know, had Ash begun his journey with Serena, who was nothing but supportive, he may have even made it further in the Indigo League than he had.

Ah, you got that guest review as well? There seems to be someone going around to Amour fanfics and outright saying they'll be glad when SM starts because it means less Amour fics...like we're actually gonna stop writing them.

Red Pheonix

I think Serena would have loved OS Ash the same as any other version of Ash. She loves him for his inner qualities. Ash was immature and a brat in OS, sure, but it didn't help that he had people around him constantly bringing up this fact instead of helping him. For all we know, had Ash begun his journey with Serena, who was nothing but supportive, he may have even made it further in the Indigo League than he had.

Ah, you got that guest review as well? There seems to be someone going around to Amour fanfics and outright saying they'll be glad when SM starts because it means less Amour fics...like we're actually gonna stop writing them.

Well, she would had to deal with stuff like Ash throwing rocks at Pidgeys and stealing bycycles from random girls. It would be kinda like having young kids around in your family, annoying as hell but you just love them.

Yeah, keep up with the fanfic supply. Some random dude in the internet can't stop creative endeavors of us!

DatsRight

Truthfully I would have liked to have seen Serena be around Ash during one of his lower points where he's a laughing stock. Maybe not OS where his arrogance and confrontational manner brings it a lot on himself, but say BW Ash, who had several buffoonish or cocky moments but was still rather laid back and sweet (let's be fair, he wasn't THAT bad in that era, otherwise fans wouldn't be so hard on Iris over it). Serena's loyalty was cute, but it didn't really stand out in XY as well because EVERYONE looked up to Ash at that point. Serena would have been great during one of those periods where he really needed someone to just sympathise with how much he was trying instead of tearing into him. Imagine when he's made an *** of things and moping after everyone's walked off laughing at him, except Serena who shyly walks up looking sad for him.

"Ash.....I think you're a good trainer."

I could actually see potential if Serena appears in Sun/Moon and meets the dorkier incarnation. Maybe even have him so he isn't excelling as much as he hoped and tries to hide it from Serena, who doesn't care because she still sees her prince from her Kalos travels.

Last edited:

Feraleaguehater

Now we have to wait till november 2017 and see
Only32 866 903 seconds remaing!
http://mycount.org/en/?wm=3&inv=3&fid=1
Okay i need to chill

Just one year of waiting? That would be an insult to how much amourshippers can endure!

If Serena's era is coming to an end in this series, the staff need to write her off with some disclosure of her feelings to Ash. You can't just have her say goodbye, have known feelings for him since the beginning of time, and write her off like it never happened. That'd be some terrible writing there.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts if said disclosure doesn't take place.

I won't jump ship; I never shipped Ash with any previous pokegirl and after Serena I see no point in shipping him with any one in the future (comparing them to Serena wouldn't be fair to them :)).

But about the part of your post I didn't quote, that seems to be the general consensus on this thread, but not really anywhere else, sad to say. At least here we're all level-headed. I do want to say, however, there's nothing wrong with shipping another ship. However, in my case, Amour is simply my OTP and that can't be changed. I might ship something else next saga, but it will never surpass this ship. Then again, I'm also stubborn.

We're on the same boat folks...literally. Though Epicocity, as much as you(and me/we) may be stubborn, i don't think that's the trait that explains our loyalty to amour. The explanation is that the show gave us valid evidence to believe that amour is "the thing", and that makes future ash shipping feel rather shallow, just as Neatolzy suggested.

Looool, sorry, but i find the way you describe that detail as if it was of the utmost importance quite amusing.

I guess you check out mine. I'm looking forward to improve my writing so any tips would be great. Please note that there are some grammar and spelling error here and there. Link is in my signature.

Signature...look at signature....

Well then, i'll be sure to share my impressions anytime soon. And i'll be sure to read CDVEN's fanfic while listening to Death on Two Legs

lane

A Giant Goldfish

Well, she does love him, if that helps... I mean, even if Ash is a log, she'd still love him because his heart and soul is just so good, yknow?

1. I'm not sure if the viewers would like to see Ash go full stupid though, especially after he spent the last 3 years as the most competent and badass Ash incarnation ever.

2. I definitely think that he treated her in a different light when compared to the rest of the Pokegirls - this was specifically shown after he got 360noscoped by Serena in XYZ22, post-Master Class conversations, the new date episode last week, etc.

3. Vocal minorities from other crowds are just as toxic as the vocal minorities of the ship. It's whatever, mate.

Red Pheonix

Well, she does love him, if that helps... I mean, even if Ash is a log, she'd still love him because his heart and soul is just so good, yknow?

1. I'm not sure if the viewers would like to see Ash go full stupid though, especially after he spent the last 3 years as the most competent and badass Ash incarnation ever.

2. I definitely think that he treated her in a different light when compared to the rest of the Pokegirls - this was specifically shown after he got 360noscoped by Serena in XYZ22, post-Master Class conversations, the new date episode last week, etc.

3. Vocal minorities from other crowds are just as toxic as the vocal minorities of the ship. It's whatever, mate.

Wait, Serena started dating a log now?

2. I think Ash treated all Pokegirls in a different way. For example, Dawn was treated more as a best friend than anything.The way he treated Serena, I would say that of affection, caring and to an extent, gentlemanly(in a Ash sort of way).

As for staying in SS Amour, I gotta agree, after Amourshipping, I wouldn't be able to take another ship seriously. With one exception, that is if something notable happens in xyz47, I would be more acceptable of new ships. Basically, I would be convinced that shipping plots go somewhere rather than being dropped. Although I'll probably be keeping Amour as my OTP as I have lots of good reasons, some personal, to like it.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Wait, Serena started dating a log now?

*Insert wood joke here*

As for staying in SS Amour, I gotta agree, after Amourshipping, I wouldn't be able to take another ship seriously. With one exception, that is if something notable happens in xyz47, I would be more acceptable of new ships. Basically, I would be convinced that shipping plots go somewhere rather than being dropped. Although I'll probably be keeping Amour as my OTP as I have lots of good reasons, some personal, to like it.

I'm always going to be an AmourShipper now. That's not to say, though, that I won't be following Ash x Mallow and/or Ash x Lillie. I like sticking with the current ones, for the potential they have in still being active. That said, Amour is my ship alongside Advance, and given its intensity, I doubt it will be replaced.