• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I still find it amazing that by the time XY ends, the Amour discussion threads on Serebii alone will have had over 1700 pages combined. That's in a three year time period. We're all still first generation AmourShippers.

Supporters for Pokemon shippings tend to come in waves. That's typical. A lot of people's most-supported pairings are their first, the couple they believed should be together, often before they knew there was a word for it. The special thing about AmourShipping is that it will enjoy that phenomenon like no other. Ask any young Pokemon fan one thing they know about Serena. I bet each and every one of them will say either "She's a performer" or "She has a crush on Ash". Both have become part of her character. The reason her crush being canon is so significant is that when kids watching a show know a character has a crush on another, they root for them. They want to see them together. In five or ten years when all of the kids who grew up watching XY are older, those who stay with Pokemon will be the new generation of AmourShippers. Regardless of how TPC handles it, this community will never die.

DatsRight

But I also feel like Serena's the type of person who can see that despite all the ribbing Ash gets Misty and Iris, they both still care for him very much.

And yes, Ash has a heart of pure gold, and Serena loves him because of his heart, not his looks (though I'm sure that him apparently being pretty handsome in the Pokemon world wouldn't hurt too). :)

Yeah, but Serena also seems someone who insists Ash gets the respect she feels he deserves. An aspect like that would actually have more effect in a region where Ash isn't thoroughly well regarded by everyone. Misty and Iris and some others tend to playfully mock Ash just for saving the day in a way that wasn't quite majestic, or sometimes out of hubris insist they didn't need his help, while Serena would probably feel they should be grateful he did it at all.

Basically the situation between them would likely be the dating episode over and over. XD

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Well thank you very much yourself! Hope you're enjoying the rather wide selection of Amour fics I've created (and continue to create).

Although, guys I'm getting disappointed in you! I know you guys really want to talk about all this stuff but Serena going to Alola and what she would do there really is off-topic. Now, if we were to ask how she and Ash's relationship could develop should she attend school or what they could do there together that's a different story. Just a reminder to keep on-topic, because we don't want to be closed...again.

Do you have a sequel planned for after Love in a Time of Turbalence? I'm almost finished and I need more!!!!

Lol, anyways, I had an idea recently that I think would be interesting to show the amour community's support and power. Of course, this idea would become irrelevant if Serena continues on, but if she doesn't, what if everyone who writes fanfics combines to create our story? It would be like Epicocity's Ancienverse except essentially it would be the anime how we see fit. It would be a massive group project but it could be done.

Taking the time away from the forum and increasing fanfics has made me realize something Hong. Only we decide what is true or not. I know head canons aren't technically true, but if you believe it's true then it is. Of course, once again, we don't know how everything will play out with XYZ, but say it doesn't go well. We can easily choose to just ignore it and create something how we see fit. Sounds crazy, I know, but not as difficult as you think.

Red Pheonix

Yeah, but Serena also seems someone who insists Ash gets the respect she feels he deserves. An aspect like that would actually have more effect in a region where Ash isn't thoroughly well regarded by everyone. Misty and Iris and some others tend to playfully mock Ash just for saving the day in a way that wasn't quite majestic, or sometimes out of hubris insist they didn't need his help, while Serena would probably feel they should be grateful he did it at all.

Basically the situation between them would likely be the dating episode over and over. XD

And over and over and over and over.........

Now that I think about it, I wonder how Serena would react to AG Ash or DP Ash? In all cases, Serena would definitely hold her love and admiration for Ash but she will also act differently depending on Ash's personality.

And Omegaz, good luck with your fanfic army. Don't forget to put lane there somewhere.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

This is the sign of a very unhealthy relationship right here. This implies she holds him as some kind of paragon rather than a human that is flawed and people have the right to dislike.

FulgoreX

Banned
Serena saw the human side of Ash much more as XY progressed. She obviously doesn't think of him as someone who can do no wrong like when XY started.

It makes me wonder if she'd like the silly side to him in S/M.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Serena saw the human side of Ash much more as XY progressed. She obviously doesn't think of him as someone who can do no wrong like when XY started.

It makes me wonder if she'd like the silly side to him in S/M.

I still think she will honestly. I think they would have a more interesting chemistry though where Serena teases him and Ash reacts in a goofy way or something like that. It'd be nice if we got to see more I'd back interactions between the two instead of the more serious or Serena flipping out reactions while Ash acts oblivious.

I also would love to see more tag battles with the two of them as a team. I liked it when they both battled as a tag battle in that dance episode.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
And Omegaz, good luck with your fanfic army. Don't forget to put lane there somewhere.

Sadly, I'll need a little more than a few fanficers to achieve this. In order to create this project, we're going to need help from as much of the amour community as possible. As long as you like amour, we'll need your help.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The point being is that perhaps they've finally found the solution to a long term character who won't become stale. With all of Serena's development in amour and in her goal, she could go on in the show for many years and not become stale.

As much as I like Serena and Amourshipping, I don't agree that Serena staying with Ash and heading to Alola would keep things fresh. It's the opposite from my perspective actually cuz even if Serena stayed with Ash, I think it's a safe bet that the ship would simply continue as it has these past three years, meaning that we'd get occasional shipping hints from Serena almost exclusively, but nothing too groundbreaking given how the anime is. I dunno if it's just me, but another saga of the same pattern of shipping moments sounds like it would get stale eventually if nothing were to change. ^^;

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I hope that Serena tell Ash how she really feel about him before he goes to Alola Region. But still, it would be better if Serena choose to join Ash to the Alola Region. After all, she loves Ash so much that she wants to be more than friends with him.

I hope that Serena tell Ash how she really feel about him before he goes to Alola Region. But still, it would be better if Serena choose to join Ash to the Alola Region. After all, she loves Ash so much that she wants to be more than friends with him.

Exactly how I feel, I just want her to confess. Alola would be amazing but I want baby steps.

I really like Potat's work in fan fiction. I'll be around like Cap Omegaz, but I won't post as often xD. Just don't get to depressed on me alright guys? If you guys do get depressed, do make sure to call me ;). I'll get some jokes and theories to razz you all up.

2 more weeks, just you wait. We'll be back full force

Hys7eriX

Ash has already made an idiot of himself in front of Serena a number of times in XY, and annoyed/exasperated her plenty. So, obviously, I don't think she would have any problem loving him even if he were to be silly and noobish in SM. Even though viewers generally hate BW Ash, especially the Ash haters who use BW Ash as like the ****ing Bible on why we should all hate Ash and **** you if you actually like him anyway, Serena would have no problem loving BW Ash because even though they made him dumber than a sack of hammers during the series, he still possessed the qualities she loves in him: he's kind, he's selfless, he's optimistic, and he never gives up. You know, TRAITS THAT HE'S HAD SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE ANIME. He's always had these qualities, though there have been times where he doesn't display them all that prominently, like when he's being a brat. I feel this happened most often in OS, and that's the incarnation of Ash I think she'd have the hardest time loving.

And FFS, NO, Serena doesn't think of Ash as a being of complete godlike perfection. Like I've said, he's already annoyed/exasperated her plenty, and acted like an idiot in front of her in XY. Just because Serena doesn't feel the need to scream in his face about what a ******* he is every time he does something that annoys her doesn't mean that she thinks he can do no wrong. Plenty of people annoy me everyday; just because I don't feel the need to strangle them for their stupidity doesn't mean I don't think they're a blithering moron.

Red Pheonix

Sadly, I'll need a little more than a few fanficers to achieve this. In order to create this project, we're going to need help from as much of the amour community as possible. As long as you like amour, we'll need your help.

Although I don't have much idea what you're trying to do but remember this, too much cooks ruins the soup.

And really, this has been discussed numerous times. Serena likes Ash a lot but she does acknowledges his flaws. She got annoyed when Ash ran away in the date episode, got angry at him when he junped into a f*cking volcano and snowball'ed him when he yelled at her and he wasn't being himself.

AshSerena

As much as I like Serena and Amourshipping, I don't agree that Serena staying with Ash and heading to Alola would keep things fresh. It's the opposite from my perspective actually cuz even if Serena stayed with Ash, I think it's a safe bet that the ship would simply continue as it has these past three years, meaning that we'd get occasional shipping hints from Serena almost exclusively, but nothing too groundbreaking given how the anime is. I dunno if it's just me, but another saga of the same pattern of shipping moments sounds like it would get stale eventually if nothing were to change. ^^;

We dont need to fresh it, Serena going to Alola region with Ash can improve or develop their relationship to each other (maybe....)
part of me saying even there will not much hint or amourshipping in Alola region, as long i can watch both Ash and Serena can interact each other for another 3 years is already okay with me..
but it looks like it is impossible now..
i probably put some high expectation for her cameo in Sun and Moon ;_; (and please writer dont kill her feelings for Ash when she goes..)

Motor Bug2005

i probably put some high expectation for her cameo in Sun and Moon ;_; (and please writer dont kill her feelings for Ash when she goes..)

I'm pretty sure that we're all hoping that doesn't happen but TBH, it wouldn't surprise me if it did; in fact, anything they do now to kill Amourshipping wouldn't surprise me in the slightest simply because Pokemon has a track record of killing their fans' dreams and expectations for the sake of "freshness". This isn't me being pessimistic, this is just me preparing for the worst in order to avoid being too disappointed. If the worst does happen, at the very least I can say that Amourshipping has enjoyed a level of global popularity and support that I don't think will ever be replicated.

Last edited:

FulgoreX

Banned
Ash's personality in Sun/Moon looks completely different than he was in XY, so I'm expecting a semi-reboot where Sun/Moon has no ties to previous series and acts like a fresh start for the anime. The show will be 20 years old next year, the writers are probably doing this purposely to attract the whole next gen of kids and close out the last 20 years of the show.

Which is a shame because if they knew they were doing that, they should have let Ash win the league and make Amour canon to give closure to Ash's story. Not just for people watching the current saga, but for those of us watching since Kanto, Johto, AG and DP, etc....who watched Ash in every saga up to this point. Its a shame that us fans who watched for 20 years won't get any type of closure and Amour doesn't seem to be getting a valid conclusion.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
I'm pretty sure that we're all hoping that doesn't happen but TBH, it wouldn't surprise me if it did; in fact, anything they do now to kill Amourshipping wouldn't surprise me in the slightest simply because Pokemon has a track record of killing their fans' dreams and expectations for the sake of "freshness". This isn't me being pessimistic, this is just me preparing for the worst in order to avoid being too disappointed. If the worst does happen, at the very least I can say that Amourshipping has enjoyed a level of global popularity and support that I don't think will ever be replicated.

Lol the hard truth and reality. I also expect nothing good to happen but hey, the writers like to troll us so maybe they give us somethig good in the end. + it was a fun ride in the amour-express and we will never forget it. Still hoping for a kiss scene bur never gonna happen... :/ If this wasn't Pokémon but a series for 16+ then maybe, a romantic ending? I wonder what the kidsnin Japan will think. The wroters only care about the inhabitants of their own country

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Lol the hard truth and reality. I also expect nothing good to happen but hey, the writers like to troll us so maybe they give us somethig good in the end. + it was a fun ride in the amour-express and we will never forget it. Still hoping for a kiss scene bur never gonna happen... :/ If this wasn't Pokémon but a series for 16+ then maybe, a romantic ending? I wonder what the kidsnin Japan will think. The wroters only care about the inhabitants of their own country

Funniest thing is that the Pokemon anime is probably a little more popular in the world than it is in Japan, but that might be an illusion to me. :p

I dunno. It just feels like the writers aren't gonna troll us with a really stupid ending that'll make literally everyone hate the Pokemon Company, but perhaps they'll do something that'll make Amour even more memorable than it has already been. Maybe TPC will make it semi or fully canon, and it'll only take time. For now, all I'll say is this: 99.999% of our topics seem to lead back to "the writers are/aren't gonna troll us", OR "I think that Serena is not/going to Alola", OR something related to S/M that isn't directly related to Amour, so let's try to keep things fresh and normal so this thread won't get shut down. :)

Ash's personality in Sun/Moon looks completely different than he was in XY, so I'm expecting a semi-reboot where Sun/Moon has no ties to previous series and acts like a fresh start for the anime. The show will be 20 years old next year, the writers are probably doing this purposely to attract the whole next gen of kids and close out the last 20 years of the show.

Which is a shame because if they knew they were doing that, they should have let Ash win the league and make Amour canon to give closure to Ash's story. Not just for people watching the current saga, but for those of us watching since Kanto, Johto, AG and DP, etc....who watched Ash in every saga up to this point. Its a shame that us fans who watched for 20 years won't get any type of closure and Amour doesn't seem to be getting a valid conclusion.

I'll admit that I secretly wanted Ash and Serena to get married, and have S/M start with a scene that has a young kid running out the door, yelling, "Mom, Dad, I'm off! I'll see you soon!". With that, Ash and Serena both walk out, hand in hand, looking at their daughter/son with their Pichu as s/he starts his/her journey.

Motor Bug2005

I dunno. It just feels like the writers aren't gonna troll us with a really stupid ending that'll make literally everyone hate the Pokemon Company, but perhaps they'll do something that'll make Amour even more memorable than it has already been. Maybe TPC will make it semi or fully canon, and it'll only take time.

We can only hope and hope for this to become reality (I know I am) and I feel that this can only happen if Serena confesses before Ash leaves Kalos; preferably after their battle in XY&Z045. After all, Ash needing some time alone to think about Serena's confession would be a good reason IMO for him to be alone in the forest when he comes across Xerosic in the following episode. Of course, the Greninja related stuff would have to be dealt with first but after all that, Ash could go back to thinking about the confession and possibly responding to it before he leaves Kalos. Keep in mind that this is only what I would like to see, not what I think is likely to happen.

Last edited:

DatsRight

This is the sign of a very unhealthy relationship right here. This implies she holds him as some kind of paragon rather than a human that is flawed and people have the right to dislike.

Well not sort of obsessively, but due to the fact Ash was usually a no respect guy all around in the eras Misty and Iris were travelling with him, and while they were more likely to ignore or even laugh at the world trampling all over him, Serena seems more likely to feel bad or stand up for him. She'd not get antsy every time someone looked at him the wrong way (except maybe you know, the OTHER sort of way XD) but I think she'd have more a limit than the others where the joke ends and they should give him a break.

I feel XY was a bit of a missed opportunity due to a lack of conflicts and antagonists which could have strengthened the companions' relationship (even more abrasive ones such as Miette were fairly playful). Imagine if Ash or one of the others saw someone bullying Serena over her shyness, or Clemont for being a weedy science geek.

Last edited: