• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I highly suspect that what we read was the end result of that animator running the initial tweet through Google Translate to Japanese, writing a reply in Japanese, and using Google Translate to put that reply into English, and repeated that for the entire conversation.

It's what happened. "Serena's story" is clearly a machine translation of "セレナの話", which would actually mean "On the subject of Serena" in this context.

And this is why machine translators should not be used and their results not trusted in any manner.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
You guys are really pessimistic. I don't like that. I'm 5000000% sure she will come back no matter what. They can't just kill the ship, it will be an open ending like ALL the goodbyes. They always say: see you again, till te next etc... So my predictions on the ending will be: Serena thinking about dream, Shauna comes. She wants to perform with Shauna. Ash challenge her for a battle. They battle. TRio interrupt battle but gets blasted of again. Thet don't finish battle and Serena realizes her dream, she want to make people happy, the one thing she realized after battle with Aria and talking to Palermo scene. Ash says he has to leave. Shauna comes in and ask her: why don't you confess now? Maybe you won't see her again? Thenshe realizes and chases Ash. But it's too late. Ash got away and she couldn't find him... episode after Greninja she will find him back and confesses to him. :)

lane

A Giant Goldfish
I highly suspect that what we read was the end result of that animator running the initial tweet through Google Translate to Japanese, writing a reply in Japanese, and using Google Translate to put that reply into English, and repeated that for the entire conversation.

The last time anything that had to do with Pokemon was translated that many times, we called it Vietnamese Crystal.

Very true. It's kinda like paying telephone with people who don't speak your language. 11/10 would NOT recommend.

You guys are really pessimistic. I don't like that. I'm 5000000% sure she will come back no matter what. They can't just kill the ship, it will be an open ending like ALL the goodbyes. They always say: see you again, till te next etc... So my predictions on the ending will be: Serena thinking about dream, Shauna comes. She wants to perform with Shauna. Ash challenge her for a battle. They battle. TRio interrupt battle but gets blasted of again. Thet don't finish battle and Serena realizes her dream, she want to make people happy, the one thing she realized after battle with Aria and talking to Palermo scene. Ash says he has to leave. Shauna comes in and ask her: why don't you confess now? Maybe you won't see her again? Thenshe realizes and chases Ash. But it's too late. Ash got away and she couldn't find him... episode after Greninja she will find him back and confesses to him. :)

You take after Captain Omegaz quite a bit, mate. :)

I wouldn't think too much about this as of now, and besides, aren't 99% of the conversations on this thread as of now basically the same "Serena 4 Alola", "Serena's confession chances", and others? Let's just stop mulling over this stuff and wait for the next couple of episodes! It's just another week for the new one, which I believe has the Ash looks at Serena and Serena looks kinda shy in lights made by the fireworks. If anything, it'd be perfectly fine to leave this thread altogether until the next episode airs, because it's literally like page after page after page of the same thing.

Let me iterate again: we will be fine. Amour will be getting a great conclusion/start, and Serena4Alola may or may not happen. We've already discussed lots of scenarios as to why she should go, as well as the why she probably won't go.

Besides, don't y'all have school? I just got swamped from working my engineering problem set, and am currently in the art studio working on some paintings at 11:30 PM. :(

Motor Bug2005

Judging by what I've seen on Twitter this morning regarding the latest S&M anime scans, it looks like a number of Amourshippers are already tempted to abandon the ship in favour of AshxLillie simply on the basis of there being a screenshot with just the two of them in it. I will not ever be one of those people; Amourshipping will be my eternal OTP.

Also, with S&M being confirmed to focus on comedy rather than the serious nature of X&Y, do you think this increases or decreases Serena's chances of appearing in S&M?

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
If the ratings fall further than expected, I would see Serena's chances of appearing to increase significantly as it would be a last minute attempt to draw back the old fans. And if that doesn't save the anime, then maybe Ash gets together with Serena finally. ;)

Hys7eriX

I'm not going to look too deep into anything that's been said, especially if that ****'s been run through Google translate or some equally god awful equivalent. Just sit back, chill, do something else, and wait. We got nothing, and it's pretty obvious they don't even want to drop the barest of hints of what's to come for the ship (fair enough; non-disclosure and all that jazz). I remain skeptical just because Pokemon has an insanely stubborn status quo, but hey, there's only a handful of episodes left. Might as well stick around and see how it all plays out. If we get the same old tired **** as usual, well, that's the ballgame; we walk away with disappointment, remind ourselves to never fall for their ******** hype ever again, and that'll be the end of that. If there actually is a pleasant surprise waiting somewhere along the way for our dear ship, well ****, I'm down for that. What would that surprise be? Hell if I know, and I'm frankly tired of speculating by now. I'm honestly at a point where I'm just thinking, "Get it over with."

Heekful

Judging by what I've seen on Twitter this morning regarding the latest S&M anime scans, it looks like a number of Amourshippers are already tempted to abandon the ship in favour of AshxLillie simply on the basis of there being a screenshot with just the two of them in it. I will not ever be one of those people; Amourshipping will be my eternal OTP.

Also, with S&M being confirmed to focus on comedy rather than the serious nature of X&Y, do you think this increases or decreases Serena's chances of appearing in S&M?

I really don't understand these people , even the popular amourshippers Youtubers are already talking about AshxLillie, seems like everyone was using Amourshipping for their rating not only Pokemon... I will not be there after the end of XYZ so I don't care what happen later.
Serena will not be in Alola , the writers already deleted her like it was nothing I will never watch this show again trust me.

Motor Bug2005

I'm not going to look too deep into anything that's been said, especially if that ****'s been run through Google translate or some equally god awful equivalent. Just sit back, chill, do something else, and wait. We got nothing, and it's pretty obvious they don't even want to drop the barest of hints of what's to come for the ship (fair enough; non-disclosure and all that jazz). I remain skeptical just because Pokemon has an insanely stubborn status quo, but hey, there's only a handful of episodes left. Might as well stick around and see how it all plays out. If we get the same old tired **** as usual, well, that's the ballgame; we walk away with disappointment, remind ourselves to never fall for their ******** hype ever again, and that'll be the end of that. If there actually is a pleasant surprise waiting somewhere along the way for our dear ship, well ****, I'm down for that. What would that surprise be? Hell if I know, and I'm frankly tired of speculating by now. I'm honestly at a point where I'm just thinking, "Get it over with."

I totally agree with you. If Amourshipping gets the unsatisfactory ending I'm expecting despite the amount it's been promoted (both in the show and in promotional material like those 2 posters), it will in my eyes, cast a shadow over any future Ash related ship. But then again, the same could be said if Amour does receive a satisfactory ending. Either way, I think it's gonna be difficult for people to ship Ash with anyone with the expectation of it going canon after X&Y.

3vr1m

well, shipping ash with the newest female companion was inevitable, since it is done in every Pokemon generation. But if the writers are making another crush again, then I would be really obset. Because in that case, the crush that Serena had would become less significant and "special" compared to the other ships the anime has, furthermore, it would be like a bad joke if the next pokegirl has ALSO a crush on Ash, I mean, come-on writers, dont be so uncreative.

I will anyway stay a amourshipper, after this there cant be another shipping for me. Loyal till the end !

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Apparently, according to what I saw this morning, "In November, the Pokémon anime undergoes a renewal!"
Meaning, I don't think it's the same Ash we've come to know and love.
Meaning, there's still a chance Amour can survive!

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
I really don't understand these people , even the popular amourshippers Youtubers are already talking about AshxLillie, seems like everyone was using Amourshipping for their rating not only Pokemon... I will not be there after the end of XYZ so I don't care what happen later.
Serena will not be in Alola , the writers already deleted her like it was nothing I will never watch this show again trust me.

They are youtubers. the only thing they care about is their subs. So if Amourshipping ends, their channel should not promote that anymore because that make's no sense. And ofcourse, the new shipping will just be like the other shipping if 1 of the 2 don't have a crush, then fans come up with their own hints and stuff like that.

Ash x Serena will be the only pairing that had a legitimite chance becoming official. And I will Always support it, no matter what!
(TBH I never supported shipping because it never came up in my mind and from my view/80% of the viewers there were no pairings, just some fan-made up stories. Example, I was a big fan of Dawn but I would never ship her with Ash because they never showed us hints about it)

spacedp

So the new scans dropped and it shows Ash and Lillie with Serena nowhere to be found. All this hinting from the writers + scans = Amourshipping is dead 99.9%. I know you guys want to be optimistic but for me, there's nothing to be optimistic about since everything is leaning towards Serena leaving.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
So the new scans dropped and it shows Ash and Lillie with Serena nowhere to be found. All this hinting from the writers + scans = Amourshipping is dead 99.9%. I know you guys want to be optimistic but for me, there's nothing to be optimistic about since everything is leaning towards Serena leaving.

Can you send link, I can't find it anywhere

Motor Bug2005

Can you send link, I can't find it anywhere

Dephender posted a translation in the S&M spoiler thread. A link to the image is also there: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...-starting-in-November&p=18208109#post18208109

I accepted this when the first S&M scans were leaked from CoroCoro 2 weeks ago..

Last edited:

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
So I read the scans...A comedy? Slapstick? School setting? Yup, this is a full blown attempt to beat Yokai Watch. Oh boy, oh boy. This is something my 8 year old cousins would watch, but I ain't watching this.

My feeling's haven't changed. We will get an amazing conclusion with tons of hints. Don't give up hope on that guys. The ship we have come to love will get a ending.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
So I read the scans...A comedy? Slapstick? School setting? Yup, this is a full blown attempt to beat Yokai Watch. Oh boy, oh boy. This is something my 8 year old cousins would watch, but I ain't watching this.

My feeling's haven't changed. We will get an amazing conclusion with tons of hints. Don't give up hope on that guys. The ship we have come to love will get a ending.

It looks like Pokémon is gonna be a comic series. After 20 years of amazing Pokémon years we finally get this? I really hope that is not Ash but like someone else and Ash and Serena are together lol. This is unwatachable. Someone has any idea how to draw like real Animé, I want to make a new series with someone and hopefully it would be better xD. I will do the music and lyrics. Someone the drawing? Or we should actually start watching Pokémon Generations. Maybe that will be decent?

DatsRight

Meh. I can deal with the more comedic setting, at least it's playing for what the writers can add up to. XY's more earnest format just fell flat a lot of the time because they fell to the same cheap methods they did in the earlier comical seasons. We've already discussed in excess the ridiculous over reliance on suspension of disbelief and plot armour in XY and how Ash and Serena so rarely had to work or earn victories despite the show trying to play their quests off as tense and reliant on their competence and badassery. At least Sun/Moon's goofier Ash can play off his bumbling, luck reliant tactics and potentially make them entertaining rather than a cheap writing short cut you're meant to ignore.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Apparently, according to what I saw this morning, "In November, the Pokémon anime undergoes a renewal!"
Meaning, I don't think it's the same Ash we've come to know and love.
Meaning, there's still a chance Amour can survive!

I really want to point out that on every final episode of each series, they say "Next time... A new beginning". It doesn't mean it's a different Ash, just that it's a new series.