• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Torterraaaa

Please don't let Serena part with Ash without telling him how she feels about him. Not after all the time the show has spent on their relationship. Finish your plots, Pokemon! Godammit.

Feraleaguehater

So...i just watched today's episode. As expected, it doesn't seem to bring us closer to reaching any conclusion about Serena's or amourshipping's future, but here's two observations that may or may not be relevant:

- It's no surprise that Ash is going back to Kanto. But he may have just ripped apart any hope for some sort of continuity in Sun and Moon. According to the subs i've read, he confidently stated "i'm going back to Kanto to start everything from zero!". Well, let's not speculate much around this matter of semantics right now, but still, i was disappointed by the absence of a reaction from Serena after he said that;

- Not sure if this means anything for the upcoming Serena episode, but neither this episode was focused on Clemont nor did he make any clear decision. He did say to Clembot/Citroid that he wanted to grow together with him, but that's about it. If anyone made a decision, it was Alan who is going to help Sycamore at the lab;

CDVEN

Average Trainer
So...i just watched today's episode. As expected, it doesn't seem to bring us closer to reaching any conclusion about Serena's or amourshipping's future, but here's two observations that may or may not be relevant:

- It's no surprise that Ash is going back to Kanto. But he may have just ripped apart any hope for some sort of continuity in Sun and Moon. According to the subs i've read, he confidently stated "i'm going back to Kanto to start everything from zero!". Well, let's not speculate much around this matter of semantics right now, but still, i was disappointed by the absence of a reaction from Serena after he said that;

- Not sure if this means anything for the upcoming Serena episode, but neither this episode was focused on Clemont nor did he make any clear decision. He did say to Clembot/Citroid that he wanted to grow together with him, but that's about it. If anyone made a decision, it was Alan who is going to help Sycamore at the lab;
I think it's a sign from Serena of her independence from Ash so that's why she seems fine with it. Like I said, if it was pre-haircut Serena then she'll probably be in a corner going into a Blue Brock phase. Earlier in the series, Serena seems to be dependent from Ash on making her choices. But now, she has grown to a point where she can think and decide for herself thanks to the advice Ash has given her. Now, I don't mean that Serena would go on and say 'screw Ash, I have a dream to accomplish, I don't need him', it means that as long as she carries him inside her (the motto and the advice he has given to her, along with the blue ribbon), she would remain to feel his presence without him physically present. Ash has become a big part of her life so I'm pretty sure that she'll still love him even after he leaves.

She's more worried on having a conclusion like most of us here are longing for, both her dream and possibly, her feelings for Ash too. I hope that Grace will be able to help her out and I'm positive that she will know because like they said, mother knows best!

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

I thin she's just suppressing the feelings. As we see in the Grace scene in XYZ45, she's obviously pretty torn up about something.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I thin she's just suppressing the feelings. As we see in the Grace scene in XYZ45, she's obviously pretty torn up about something.
Well if you remember back in XY60, she didn't show much emotion at all right after her loss in her 1st showcase. She kept it hidden until the next morning, so that's probably why she didn't react at all when Ash talked about Kanto. Now, this is assuming that emotional scene with Grace in the preview is about Ash, we still don't know for certain though. However, this would build some credence into your theory about Serena suppressing her feelings because like I said, she's done it before.

Feraleaguehater

I think it's a sign from Serena of her independence from Ash so that's why she seems fine with it. Like I said, if it was pre-haircut Serena then she'll probably be in a corner going into a Blue Brock phase. Earlier in the series, Serena seems to be dependent from Ash on making her choices. But now, she has grown to a point where she can think and decide for herself thanks to the advice Ash has given her. Now, I don't mean that Serena would go on and say 'screw Ash, I have a dream to accomplish, I don't need him', it means that as long as she carries him inside her (the motto and the advice he has given to her, along with the blue ribbon), she would remain to feel his presence without him physically present. Ash has become a big part of her life so I'm pretty sure that she'll still love him even after he leaves.

She's more worried on having a conclusion like most of us here are longing for, both her dream and possibly, her feelings for Ash too. I hope that Grace will be able to help her out and I'm positive that she will know because like they said, mother knows best!

I agree with your analysis. Though it's possible that her indecisiveness is reminiscent of that dependence. Or rather, i should say i hope Serena explicitly weighs the compatibility of her decision-making skills with her love and with her dream and we get a confirmation that her crush on Ash was a reason behind her indecisiveness. Ultimately, i think Ash's role in her decision will be giving her a final push with the message "I believe in you and in your decisions Serena. Believe in yourself as well!".

I really hope so too. It would leave me somewhat satisified if, even if she goes with Palermo and leaves Ash for good, Serena went through the stage of grieving their separation before coming to terms with their future. That would count as acknowledging her feelings in my book.

Last edited:
Thought I'd post a quick question: Do you guys think that in the scene between Serena and Grace they might be talking about ash? Because she is blushing... who knows I just wanted to hear some thoughs

Kaiser-Bisharp

Ok so I just watched episode 44 and man I'm confused, ok so we were wrong about the firework scene it was just built as a plot device for the following episode. Like is TPC getting really vague with there titles or something "Clemont's Decision" ok but what was his decision to grow with Clembot not to mention it felt like the retaking of the Lumiose gym during the TF arc episode.

Was kind of disappointed by no reaction from Serena with Ash going back to Kanto no frown or anything, when Ash said "go back to Kanto to start from zero" gave me chills and not the good kind. Idk to me it seems the episodes are misleading but that's my opinion, I told myself I wouldn't tear up but if they hit me in the feels with a scene or ost no promises.

Also on a side note I've read some view us as cancer after the fiasco with a certain youtuber, they probably think were like the fans who go a little to extreme but cancers a strong word yall. So that is where the haters come from.

Miggersby97

I wasn't trying to troll. I could tell because she was about to go to sleep with Grace back at Vaniville Town. And here eyes were like, jittering; kinda like she feels like she is about to cry.

Dude. They never said anything about Vaniville Town. You do realize that could be a room of a place they're staying at in Lumiose, right? Why would Grace be sleeping in Serena's room if they have their own separate rooms? Furthermore, why in the world would they already spoil Serena's choice in a PREVIEW?! It makes absolutely no sense. So please build a bridge and get over it. There are only 30 seconds in a preview, and 20 minutes in an episode, so there is a lot that is yet to be revealed.
And of course Serena would be crying! She is making one of the hardest decisions of her journey: staying with Ash, the boy she admires and possibly even loves, or going off on her own journey, leaving behind the close friendships that she's made. I'm sure that having to make a choice like that is overwhelming.
#AmourIsNOTdead

Last edited:

Ok so I just watched episode 44 and man I'm confused, ok so we were wrong about the firework scene it was just built as a plot device for the following episode. Like is TPC getting really vague with there titles or something "Clemont's Decision" ok but what was his decision to grow with Clembot not to mention it felt like the retaking of the Lumiose gym during the TF arc episode.

Was kind of disappointed by no reaction from Serena with Ash going back to Kanto no frown or anything, when Ash said "go back to Kanto to start from zero" gave me chills and not the good kind. Idk to me it seems the episodes are misleading but that's my opinion, I told myself I wouldn't tear up but if they hit me in the feels with a scene or ost no promises.

Also on a side note I've read some view us as cancer after the fiasco with a certain youtuber, they probably think were like the fans who go a little to extreme but cancers a strong word yall. So that is where the haters come from.
Thats the thing. xyz44 looked like it was clemonts episode. It really wasn't. Out of nowhere that *** Alain shows up and ruins everything! He was the one who caused the team flare attack! F*ck him (sorry I just hate alain because he beat ash) but ya i just hope xyz45 is SERENA'S episode and I might get teary because of what I just saw in the preview

Feraleaguehater

One thing is for sure, a lot of amourshippers will cry next week. The question is whether it will be tears of joy or of sadness. Maybe both?

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
One thing is for sure, a lot of amourshippers will cry next week. The question is whether it will be tears of joy or of sadness. Maybe both?

Most likely tears of joy, and tears of salt for the haters.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
135 new posts today. Getting back into the swing of things.

We really, really, really need to make sure we don't get our hopes up too high. Just wait it out for one more week. It will likely be Amour's last hurrah, and with any luck, its greatest.

Red Pheonix

It will be both. And btw, we still have xyz47 in case xyz45 fails.

I'm not really worried about Serena not getting worried about Ash heading back to Kanto. She's not worried in that scene because she still didn't decided to leave Ash yet! Why would she cry?

And I don't think we'll have a repeat of today's episode in xyz45. This is a Serena episode and all prior Serena episodes focused on Serena and had one or two Amourshipping moments towards the end of the episode.

As for what I expect to happen, I expect Ash to say something to Serena. Like a compliment about her journey or efforts or personality. I say that because Ash did a number of things to Serena, like gifting her, holding hands, complimenting about her looks but this is the thing he haven't done yet.

There's also one other thing I want to say. Holding hands is a pretty bold hint. Part of me is saying that Omode is going to be bold with the hints in the next episode so stuff Serena kissing Ash on the cheeks is rather plausible.

Epicocity

135 new posts today. Getting back into the swing of things.

We really, really, really need to make sure we don't get our hopes up too high. Just wait it out for one more week. It will likely be Amour's last hurrah, and with any luck, its greatest.

If anything, there will be one indisputable fact regardless of how it ends: Ash does grab her hand freely. Now, you might not consider it a hint or whatnot, but it's...something. Especially if it's just the two of them out on the town, considering what happened last time...As long as you assume nothing beyond that, you're good.

Fab7

Thought I'd post a quick question: Do you guys think that in the scene between Serena and Grace they might be talking about ash? Because she is blushing... who knows I just wanted to hear some thoughs

Well, if we analyze things, what else could they be talking about to make Serena that sad? I mean, she's not only blushing but she looks like she's about to cry too. I believe the only reason why she would act like this is if she's struggling with herself for knowing that she has to choose between her dream and Ash. This really makes me feel optimistic about next episode. From the summaries to the preview I feel like they're really giving her love for Ash the place it deserves, which could mean they're giving it a good closure.

Kaiser-Bisharp

Sure a 30 second preview cannot show much but that doesn't mean a 20 minute episode can show much of anything either if episode #44 is anything to go by. This first preview and second if there is one might show the important parts of the episode and I won't lie the next episode makes me a little suspicious. How are they going to cram Serena and Shauna's performance, Serena's conversation with her mother, what looks to be Ash and Serena walking around the city, leading to Ash and Serena's final battle, Serena's possible talk with Palermo and it's safe to assume Clemont, Bonnie even Marin are in the episode. Though Palermo might be just a shot of her watching her performance which is fine by me never did like Palermo anyway. My point is be prepared for whatever happens be it good or bad.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Well, if we analyze things, what else could they be talking about to make Serena that sad? I mean, she's not only blushing but she looks like she's about to cry too. I believe the only reason why she would act like this is if she's struggling with herself for knowing that she has to choose between her dream and Ash. This really makes me feel optimistic about next episode. From the summaries to the preview I feel like they're really giving her love for Ash the place it deserves, which could mean they're giving it a good closure.

Or even better, Serena will pick Ash and set up the continuation of amour into Alola.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
If anything, there will be one indisputable fact regardless of how it ends: Ash does grab her hand freely. Now, you might not consider it a hint or whatnot, but it's...something. Especially if it's just the two of them out on the town, considering what happened last time...As long as you assume nothing beyond that, you're good.

Serena: (Ending long explanation) And that's why I think, well, I want to finally have a battle with you.

Ash: *shoves cookie into mouth, grabs her hand and drags her away*

I think that's probably the worst case scenario at this point. Whatever happens involves Ash voluntarily grabbing Serena by the hand. Legitimate question, has he done that with anyone else?