• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
To me, Ash isn't a character. He is simply a skin little kids can put on. If there is no story, then the executives will make a story until he stops making money. In this anime, money trumps story.

The thing is from an economic standpoint, they can't do that. By the law of marginal utility, the Pokemon Company will lose more and more money the longer they keep Ash because the satisfaction of consumers will decrease.

Link73

I tried to post my full opinion on the review I watched, but I need to learn how to use spoiler tag here :/

Anyway... I think the preview is not in chronological order and did not address any Amour issue directly; perhaps they are keeping the juiciest to the big day.

Graham Aker

It's definitely the biggest part of the episode, because the narrator talks about the battle, and then he's like, "And then! Important point!" But it's not a confession. He talks about how Serena was wavering on the path as a Performer, but now she comes to a decision. And her decision is... He doesn't say, but based on that context, I'd say she's almost definitely going to continue on as a performer. Unless they're just baiting you there.

Serena: I...
Clemont: Huuuh?
Bonny: (...Ok, so what she's saying here is kinda vague for me, an intermediate speaker. She says, "Zettai ni mitenai?" Ok, so, "Zettain ni" means "absolutely," or "defininitely." And then "mitenai..." I know "not trying." As in, "You're definitely not trying it?" Or, I think it could also mean "doesn't seem"... The general meaning could be that the choicei isn't what Bonnie expected from Serena? Or something. I'm actually not sure how vague this would be for a fluent speaker... it might be purposely vague, and won't be clear until there's context.

Pretty sure the "Zettai ni mitenai?", was one of the narrators speaking, not Bonnie. It didn't even sound like her voice. I think the only dialogue was hearing Serena say "I", and then Clemont's "Huh?"

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
It's definitely the biggest part of the episode, because the narrator talks about the battle, and then he's like, "And then! Important point!" But it's not a confession. He talks about how Serena was wavering on the path as a Performer, but now she comes to a decision. And her decision is... He doesn't say, but based on that context, I'd say she's almost definitely going to continue on as a performer. Unless they're just baiting you there.

Bonny: (...Ok, so what she's saying here is kinda vague for me, an intermediate speaker. She says, "Zettai ni mitenai?" Ok, so, "Zettain ni" means "absolutely," or "defininitely." And then "mitenai..." I know "not trying." As in, "You're definitely not trying it?" Or, I think it could also mean "doesn't seem"... The general meaning could be that the choicei isn't what Bonnie expected from Serena? Or something. I'm actually not sure how vague this would be for a fluent speaker... it might be purposely vague, and won't be clear until there's context.

"Purposely vague" could be the motto of XY titles and previews by now. Just look at Satoshi's greatest match. For me, this is a lot like the date episode. There are two extremities, and the entire Pokemon fanbase with any vested interest in Serena staying or going is hoping for one end of the scale or the other. But I don't think it will be that simple. Like the date episode, it will probably be a mixed result. A little misleading, not as good as we all hoped for, but it still comes out with some golden moments.

DatsRight

"Purposely vague" could be the motto of XY titles and previews by now. Just look at Satoshi's greatest match. For me, this is a lot like the date episode. There are two extremities, and the entire Pokemon fanbase with any vested interest in Serena staying or going is hoping for one end of the scale or the other. But I don't think it will be that simple. Like the date episode, it will probably be a mixed result. A little misleading, not as good as we all hoped for, but it still comes out with some golden moments.

I prefer to direct the motto as "Troll manic". :p

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Pretty sure the "Zettai ni mitenai?", was one of the narrators speaking, not Bonnie. It didn't even sound like her voice. I think the only dialogue was hearing Serena say "I", and then Clemont's "Huh?"

Yeah, it didn't sound like a little girl voice, but I got thrown since it was a different voice. In that case... is it something like, you won't predict what's going to happen? Like, you won't foresee it? I dunno. Seems like whatever she decides, it's gonna be something someone, somewhere, predicted.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings

That was the narrarator talking, and it translates to "You've gotta watch it!", so it makes no sense if Bonnie said it.

The thing is from an economic standpoint, they can't do that. By the law of marginal utility, the Pokemon Company will lose more and more money the longer they keep Ash because the satisfaction of consumers will decrease.

Except that theory only works when it's the same person buying the same product over and over again. New, younger viewers always come in so keeping Ash is not a big deal right now. Eventually he will get replaced, but not anytime soon.

Feraleaguehater

Hmmm...it's slightly weird that Ash is not in that scene(but we said something similar about Serena not appearing in a preview for XYZ 44).

Also, don't worry, Ash will sooner or later stop being an eternal 10 year old who leaves his acquaintances behind due to Japan's demographic problems. Eventually TPC will realize that all 10 year olds are gone and Ash will suddenly turn 70, to go along with the age of the hardcore initial fans who continued watching the show throughout their lives. Yeah, that might take a while...

rfpitagoras

ObsesiveAmourshipper
That was the narrarator talking, and it translates to "You've gotta watch it!", so it makes no sense if Bonnie said it.

Except that theory only works when it's the same person buying the same product over and over again. New, younger viewers always come in so keeping Ash is not a big deal right now. Eventually he will get replaced, but not anytime soon.

The problem with this is that the fanbase of pokemon doesn't get renued as much, most of the fanbase are the same young adults who liked it originally. Personally it's been over a year since i've met a kid that watche pokemon. And don't get me started with the games. kids theese days don't play pokemon, the play CoD an stuff.
Bottom line is, As much as i HATE pokemon go, it went to prove, that the majority of the pokemon consumers are teenager and young adults. not renuing fanbases. Pokemon's populariti has been in decay since.. well, ever

Feraleaguehater

Bottom line is, As much as i HATE pokemon go, it went to prove, that the majority of the pokemon consumers are teenager and young adults. not renuing fanbases. Pokemon's populariti has been in decay since.. well, ever

Pokemon Go's success also left me with this impression.

On a second thought, having rewatched the preview, i guess Serena makes her decision and reveals it to Ash once their battle ends and informs Clemont and Bonnie afterwards. It's unfortunate that she hasn't told anyone about Palermo's invitation(as far as i can tell) because if that were the case we could rule out the possibility of that being the reason why Clemont and Bonnie were caught off guard.

Graham Aker

Pokemon Go's success also left me with this impression.

On a second thought, having rewatched the preview, i guess Serena makes her decision and reveals it to Ash once their battle ends and informs Clemont and Bonnie afterwards. It's unfortunate that she hasn't told anyone about Palermo's invitation(as far as i can tell) because if that were the case we could rule out the possibility of that being the reason why Clemont and Bonnie were caught off guard.

But think, would training with Yashio really be that surprising to Clemont and Bonnie? She'd likely still be in Kalos, and she'd still be training to be Kalos Queen. I think it's something else.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
The problem with this is that the fanbase of pokemon doesn't get renued as much, most of the fanbase are the same young adults who liked it originally. Personally it's been over a year since i've met a kid that watche pokemon. And don't get me started with the games. kids theese days don't play pokemon, the play CoD an stuff.

The income of the anime comes from the younger children's, not us. Unless if you are getting persuaded to buy the game solely because of the anime or buying products that has to do with the anime directly from Japan, you aren't contributing to the anime making more profit. Pokemon's not as popular as it was before to kids, sure, but the department won't quit because of it, as they can still continue milking a lot of money out of them.

Last edited:

ashsfuture

It's been a long time since I posted something and in terms of what's gonna happen with Amourshipping it's always gonna be there because of the blue ribbon that Serena wears(represents her feelings for Ash). Still I don't think that the writer's would reveal anything about Serena going to alola because if they do kinda spoils it, don't get me wrong we as Amourshippers would be happy about this, but at the same time something big as Serena going to Alola would be better kept a secret. Cause there's one thing that I'm still wondering about.

That is how does Ash find out about Alola? and with this whole concept of Ash being in school don't really see Serena being in class with Ash, now I'm thinking that Serena would show up around the time that Ash is getting ready to start his journey in Alola after he almost done with school for the time being cause I don't see Ash being in school the for entire sun and moon anime and besides we can't even talk about traveling companions just yet all we have is Ash's classmates which we already know who they are.

Still we need more information about the S&M anime and how this whole new formula gonna work anyway, I still think Serena will show up, but later on overall I'm always gonna support Amourshipping until the very end.

volcanionmaster123

But think, would training with Yashio really be that surprising to Clemont and Bonnie? She'd likely still be in Kalos, and she'd still be training to be Kalos Queen. I think it's something else.

But what could it be tho? Could she decide to perform all over the world instead (doesn't necessarily have to be in Alola)? Or does this involve Satoshi?

CDVEN

Average Trainer
It's been a long time since I posted something and in terms of what's gonna happen with Amourshipping it's always gonna be there because of the blue ribbon that Serena wears(represents her feelings for Ash). Still I don't think that the writer's would reveal anything about Serena going to alola because if they do kinda spoils it, don't get me wrong we as Amourshippers would be happy about this, but at the same time something big as Serena going to Alola would be better kept a secret. Cause there's one thing that I'm still wondering about.

That is how does Ash find out about Alola? and with this whole concept of Ash being in school don't really see Serena being in class with Ash, now I'm thinking that Serena would show up around the time that Ash is getting ready to start his journey in Alola after he almost done with school for the time being cause I don't see Ash being in school the for entire sun and moon anime and besides we can't even talk about traveling companions just yet all we have is Ash's classmates which we already know who they are.

Still we need more information about the S&M anime and how this whole new formula gonna work anyway, I still think Serena will show up, but later on overall I'm always gonna support Amourshipping until the very end.

While it is possible for Ash to find out about Alola through Palermo/Yashio or whatever that old hag's name really is, it would more likely that he found out about it through Professor Oak since his cousin lives there.

As much as I want Serena to stay, she'll more likely to stay in Kalos to acheive her dream unless that shocked scene with the siblings tells something that will give us the same expression as them. (I still think that they're shocked because she decides to organize a Tripokalon for Lumiose City.)

ahh!....that....name....

Graham Aker

(I still think that they're shocked because she decides to organize a Tripokalon for Lumiose City.)

ahh!....that....name....

I doubt that. If that were the case, they wouldn't have muted out what Serena is going to say. We already know she's going to put on a show. That particular scene is definitely her telling Clemont and Bonnie what she's going to do.

Feraleaguehater

It doesn't strike me as the most unexpected revelation ever, but we can't rule out the possibility that they'd react like that to its announcement. Palermo is like the best trainer of pokemon performers in the world/region, so it's a big deal for those involved in that.

On the other hand, a lot of people say it's nonsensical for Ash to win a league if he's 10 years old all the time. I'm not too fond of this argument, but this was Serena's first (anime) year competing in performances. Being trained by Palermo is some sort of guaranteed ticket to being Kalos queen sooner rather than later. Perhaps it would make sense for her to go through a journey filled with more "fail and try again" on her own before she commits to such a guided path. It's almost as if all of the sudden Ash started being coached by a champion of one of the pokémon leagues. I mean, after so many years of traveling and 6 league losses, this route could make sense for him, but it still would feel weird him not doing it all alone, as we've always seen him doing(not counting Brock's advice, etc... as coaching).

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
While it is possible for Ash to find out about Alola through Palermo/Yashio or whatever that old hag's name really is, it would more likely that he found out about it through Professor Oak since his cousin lives there.

As much as I want Serena to stay, she'll more likely to stay in Kalos to acheive her dream unless that shocked scene with the siblings tells something that will give us the same expression as them. (I still think that they're shocked because she decides to organize a Tripokalon for Lumiose City.)

ahh!....that....name....

I agree, from the way the the narrator talks, it sounds like she's deciding to pursue the Kalos Queen title. If it were something she could do anywhere, she wouldn't be so conflicted about it. And then, having her come back as a main character in Alola would make that decision meaningless, and that'd be bad writing for her character. So... I'm not trying to make you guys feel bad or anything; I know how you feel, wanting it to work out, but... it's just that it doesn't seem to be the direction the story's going.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
How will Ash learn about Alola? Will Serena work her way into it? When will Ash have his journey around the Alola region? Will Ash even have a journey? Will Amour ever be the same? Will love win? Will love lose? Will it be uncertain?

These are the questions we keep asking. The truth of the matter is that the answer of each of them is the same. We don't know, and we cannot know. There is nothing we can do, no direction we can possibly move but onward. Just keep pushing it through, easing along each announcement, each episode, and remember, spirit is the journey.

volcanionmaster123

I agree, from the way the the narrator talks, it sounds like she's deciding to pursue the Kalos Queen title. If it were something she could do anywhere, she wouldn't be so conflicted about it. And then, having her come back as a main character in Alola would make that decision meaningless, and that'd be bad writing for her character. So... I'm not trying to make you guys feel bad or anything; I know how you feel, wanting it to work out, but... it's just that it doesn't seem to be the direction the story's going.

I disagree in a way. I think how the narrator talks kinda sounds like she'll make a different decision (no it doesn't have to involve Satoshi). She could decide to perform all over the world (which could surprise the lemon siblings cause that means she's leaving Kalos). Someone said it already but the siblings wouldn't have been shocked like they were in that preview if she decided to go with Yashio as she'd still be staying in Kalos