• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
These are the questions we keep asking. The truth of the matter is that the answer of each of them is the same. We don't know, and we cannot know. There is nothing we can do, no direction we can possibly move but onward. Just keep pushing it through, easing along each announcement, each episode, and remember, spirit is the journey.
This is what we should be doing right now.

We're sooo close to Serena's episode that it's not even funny. Then they have an announcement after this as well so maybe there will be something good.

You have to wonder why they decided to announce it after her episode.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
How will Ash learn about Alola? Will Serena work her way into it? When will Ash have his journey around the Alola region? Will Ash even have a journey? Will Amour ever be the same? Will love win? Will love lose? Will it be uncertain?

These are the questions we keep asking. The truth of the matter is that the answer of each of them is the same. We don't know, and we cannot know. There is nothing we can do, no direction we can possibly move but onward. Just keep pushing it through, easing along each announcement, each episode, and remember, spirit is the journey.

Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!

The income of the anime comes from the younger children's, not us. Unless if you are getting persuaded to buy the game solely because of the anime or buying products that has to do with the anime directly from Japan, you aren't contributing to the anime making more profit. Pokemon's not as popular as it was before to kids, sure, but the department won't quit because of it, as they can still continue milking a lot of money out of them.

Fair point, but it is true that they are losing viewers in the child area. The number of kids coming to the show is decreasing.

AshSerena

But think, would training with Yashio really be that surprising to Clemont and Bonnie? She'd likely still be in Kalos, and she'd still be training to be Kalos Queen. I think it's something else.

I agree with this and i think this too, its weird for Bonnie and Clemont to get surprise if she saying she's gonna stay in Kalos region or even if she say she's gonna accept the offer and train by Yashio, if she said this i think the reaction of Clemont and Bonnie will be not like that but instead happy for her (do you guys remember when Serena decided about her goal during Pancham capture episode? Bonnie and Clemont is not surprise like that)

this is just my guess but i think she's gonna say that she's going to travel around the world to improve herself and her showcase and give smile to the people she's going to meet

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
I agree with this and i think this too, its weird for Bonnie and Clemont to get surprise if she saying she's gonna stay in Kalos region or even if she say she's gonna accept the offer and train by Yashio, if she said this i think the reaction of Clemont and Bonnie will be not like that but instead happy for her (do you guys remember when Serena decided about her goal during Pancham capture episode? Bonnie and Clemont is not surprise like that)

this is just my guess but i think she's gonna say that she's going to travel around the world to improve herself and her showcase and give smile to the people she's going to meet

That would make sense and it would also lead to Ash and Serena reuniting in Alola. It would be cool if it's a confession but Bonnie wouldn't be surprised.

DatsRight

Keep in mind, even if she does choose Ash, what's to stop her changing her mind in the next two episodes? Maybe Ash will intervene when he finds out she's throwing away her future just to be with him.

Ash: If you don't take that offer, you'll regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.

Serena: Well.....we'll always have Kalos.

rfpitagoras

ObsesiveAmourshipper

For me the deciding factor isn't in serena, rather in alola. Evertying about the region just screams serena to me.

rfpitagoras

ObsesiveAmourshipper
That would make sense and it would also lead to Ash and Serena reuniting in Alola. It would be cool if it's a confession but Bonnie wouldn't be surprised.

she would be surprised. we all know about her crush, i'd stillbe surprise by her confession (if it werent for the fact we're discussing it right now)

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
she would be surprised. we all know about her crush, i'd stillbe surprise by her confession (if it werent for the fact we're discussing it right now)

I mean sure, but Bonnie knows so it really shouldn't be so surprising that she tells them she loves him. Now hopefully she tells Ash.

Feraleaguehater

Keep in mind, even if she does choose Ash, what's to stop her changing her mind in the next two episodes? Maybe Ash will intervene when he finds out she's throwing away her future just to be with him.

Ash: If you don't take that offer, you'll regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.

Serena: Well.....we'll always have Kalos.

That would be bittersweet... It would be okay if we knew Ash did it because of love and not because he wants everyone to succeed in their dreams(except the bad guys). But never mind that, Ash told her he trusts her decisions last episode, so i don't see it happening.

Though we've fantasized with the reverse(Serena choosing to go with Palermo and then changing her mind). But the previews for the episode have built a tension that gives you the impression she'll remain loyal to whatever choice she comes up with for quite a while. Whether she travels with Ash or not, i don't think it will be a decision that obliges her to stay in Kalos. That would sort of drastically cut her chances for a return in a way that has never happened to other female companions.

I mean sure, but Bonnie knows so it really shouldn't be so surprising that she tells them she loves him. Now hopefully she tells Ash.

Bonnie would be surprised. I mean, it's not like she would expect Serena to just say it out loud, knowing her as the shy girl she is.

Last edited:

Jorgesnoopy

Be careful with the double posting

Just a note, it's important to note that nobody besides Serena and grace know about Palermo. Serena has been keeping it to herself.

As much as I'd like the surprised Bonnie and clemont to be a I'm going to Alola scene or an I love you ash scene, I think it'll just be Serena saying she'll do a performance for Kalos. Previews are very often out of order

Graham Aker

I think it'll just be Serena saying she'll do a performance for Kalos. Previews are very often out of order

Again, that wouldn't really be surprising. Saying she's going to organize a performance for the city of Kalos wouldn't get that reaction. They'd find the idea really great instead.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I still think Serena will show up in SM again at least for a few cameo episodes.

So do I cuz she seems very popular among fans of the Kalos saga, even those who may not be Amourshipping fans. I think we can expect her to reunite with Ash eventually and when we do I hope that we'll get tons of shipping hints to make up for her leaving the cast when XYZ ends. Right now I'm just really hyped for the next episode of XYZ cuz of the clip that showed Ash grabbing Serena's arm hee hee. It might not be shippy in the context of the scene, but I'm glad he's the one who reaches out to her. :3

Red Pheonix

As much as I'd like the surprised Bonnie and clemont to be a I'm going to Alola scene or an I love you ash scene, I think it'll just be Serena saying she'll do a performance for Kalos. Previews are very often out of order

Maybe she says she's gonna battle Ash to figure out what to do? I don't think anything interesting for us is going on here.

And really, I don't get why some are getting pessimistic because they didn't show Ash in the preview. Like it's just a 30 second clip of a 20 minute episode!

cf16polo

Hey guys im gonna be straight with you, look as an amourshipper it hurts me the situation on the whole community but just relax about serena, i dont think that the writers are that cynics or stupid to put all the fandom over them so i think they will give us a conclusion that will satisfy at least half of the community, look i do even have a prediction for what may happen on the next episode so please hear me:
-Serena is aiming to become a kalos queen but she realize that she doesnt have to be in kalos to become a queen just like ash didnt have to become the kalos league champion to become a pokemon master so, serena chooses not to become the kalos queen but queen of the world making people smile from all around the world, but she has to do it all by herself because if she were to be helped by yashio (the writers are aware that everyone hates her) she would end up to be just like elle and serena may even think something like "who says that yashio could not do the same to other girl helping her to beat me, just like shes doing with me to beat elle?" of course she aint going to think it in that way but the point is, everything she will do is going to be done by herself besides she is confirmed to be for the last 2 episodes so she wont be leaving on her episode which pretty much confirm that at least her answer to yashio will not be a directly YES, so chill out people, about hints ash will give her indirectly what she needs to do and at least will be a hug (dont ask me why im saying this but i have a great good feeling about this)

rfpitagoras

ObsesiveAmourshipper
Hey guys im gonna be straight with you, look as an amourshipper it hurts me the situation on the whole community but just relax about serena, i dont think that the writers are that cynics or stupid to put all the fandom over them so i think they will give us a conclusion that will satisfy at least half of the community, look i do even have a prediction for what may happen on the next episode so please hear me:
-Serena is aiming to become a kalos queen but she realize that she doesnt have to be in kalos to become a queen just like ash didnt have to become the kalos league champion to become a pokemon master so, serena chooses not to become the kalos queen but queen of the world making people smile from all around the world, but she has to do it all by herself because if she were to be helped by yashio (the writers are aware that everyone hates her) she would end up to be just like elle and serena may even think something like "who says that yashio could not do the same to other girl helping her to beat me, just like shes doing with me to beat elle?" of course she aint going to think it in that way but the point is, everything she will do is going to be done by herself besides she is confirmed to be for the last 2 episodes so she wont be leaving on her episode which pretty much confirm that at least her answer to yashio will not be a directly YES, so chill out people, about hints ash will give her indirectly what she needs to do and at least will be a hug (dont ask me why im saying this but i have a great good feeling about this)

Thank god. I've been sayin sayin this for 5 pages now. But dont even bother to bringit up. without OMEGAZ or KUNG FU MASTER arrond, everyoune tends to lose the optimism ore something. like without them, everyone just depresses down. but chill. srena WILL leave. And she WILL come back BROCK. i'm willing to bet on it

Last edited:

Epicocity

Thank god. I've been sayin sayin this for 5 pages now. But dont even bother to bringit up. without OMEGAZ or KUNG FU MASTER arrond, everyoune tends to lose the optimism ore something. like without them, everyone just depresses down. but chill. srena WILL leave. And she WILL come back BROCK. i'm willing to bet on it

Nah, there's just a few people who become overly-negative in their overreactions and then it sucks others into the void. Most of us who are overly positive are just away from the thread and busy writing fanfics instead. Like me. I don't post to spread positivity because I'm too busy writing. Rest assured though, we'll have a satisfying conclusion to the subplot.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
I didn't do that though,
It's all right nobody cares about me anyways...

You just need to say something to make them positive again. Anywho, Serena will win in the end, there's still hope.

IT'S NOT OVER UNTIL IT'S OVER!!!

Motor Bug2005

Guys, I've done some research and I've found something interesting that IMO, could mean that Serena will return after X&Y: if Serena decides to stay in Kalos to be trained to be Kalos Queen by Palermo, it would be the first time AFAIK, that a main female companion chooses to stay in their home region to pursue their goals after their journey with Ash (I'm aware that the title of Kalos Queen is exclusive to Kalos but that's beside the point). All the others were either forced to stay in their respective regions for whatever reason (Misty because of her Gym responsibilities and Dawn because of Buneary's modelling work) or they left their home regions to pursue their goals (May and Iris). But the saving grace here is that we've seen all of them travelling in other regions on screen after the end of their main journeys with Ash so if history is anything to go by, I think it's safe to say that even if Serena stays in Kalos, we'll see her again in another region (preferably Alola but anywhere but Johto).

Last edited:

Red Pheonix

I didn't do that though,
It's all right nobody cares about me anyways...

You just need to say something to make them positive again. Anywho, Serena will win in the end, there's still hope.

IT'S NOT OVER UNTIL IT'S OVER!!!

I care!

Anyway, in all of this buzz about Serena4Alola, an odd thought got a hold into my head.

How do you pronounce "Amourshipping"?

More specifically, do you say A-Mor or A-mu-or or A-moor? I usually say the second one.

And don't get me started on Armour vs Amour.

Motor Bug2005

I care!

Anyway, in all of this buzz about Serena4Alola, an odd thought got a hold into my head.

How do you pronounce "Amourshipping"?

More specifically, do you say A-Mor or A-mu-or or A-moor? I usually say the second one.

And don't get me started on Armour vs Amour.

I've always thought it was pronounced "A-more", like s'more so that's what I've always used.